Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD '13 Sign Up Now Open
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CWood21

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: FFMD '13 Sign Up Now Open Reply with quote

That's right guys, it's almost time for Football's Future's famous FFMD. We're only a few weeks away before sign ups open and we want to hear suggestions and feedback about the past go around. So drop by the GM Mock Draft and let Estonianzulu know what changes you'd like to see implemented. Go by and see how we can improve FFMD for you.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=15428679#15428679

Last edited by CWood21 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you that are new to the forum this is probably the most intensely fun thing on football's future. With the amount of mock drafts posted in Valhalla it seems like we will have plenty of good GM candidates.

Dibs on capologist this year!
[UMN]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
For those of you that are new to the forum this is probably the most intensely fun thing on football's future.

I'll fight you for it! Laughing
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UMN] wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
For those of you that are new to the forum this is probably the most intensely fun thing on football's future.

I'll fight you for it! Laughing

Hey now!

I think I've finally gotten to your level of understanding when it comes to contracts Wink
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FFMD is always an enjoyable experience, I encourage anyone who feels interested or has always been interested in participating, to do so.
Eric dunn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love participation in these. Im ready!!

#TEDDYTHEVIKING
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CWood21

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an update.

We've got the rules up for FFMD. Feel free to PM Estonianzulu with issues or concerns regarding rules.

We're doing a few things a bit differently this go-around, we're asking for one person from every division (one poster who represents NFC North teams) to serve as the liaison to those running FFMD and those participating in War Rooms. You MAY NOT serve as GM, AGM, or Capologist of your respective teams. Keep this position in mind if you're interested.
Thanatos

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm relatively new but I'd like to participate...
The Gnat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the newbies who don't know what this is, it is a massive forum wide mock draft, each team has a GM, Head Coach, and various other positions which help round out a staff and then look into the cap numbers, who stays, who goes, and a lot of the fun is trying to work out trades. But it is a great time to get to know the prospects better and find out who could be a good fit for the Vikings.

fishtanked

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might seem new to FF but I visit the site 5-10 times a day on average and have followed FFMD for 4 or 5 years now. I would love to participate this year in some capacity. I'd like to ask some of the more experienced members what position they would recommend for a first timer?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishtanked wrote:
I might seem new to FF but I visit the site 5-10 times a day on average and have followed FFMD for 4 or 5 years now. I would love to participate this year in some capacity. I'd like to ask some of the more experienced members what position they would recommend for a first timer?

Depends on what you are good at, how often you'll be on. Staff picks itself (or GM does) once the mods pick the GM.

There is the AGM, who does most of the same stuff the GM does, just with less power, someone who is on a lot, can negotiate trades, put in offers on free agents, all under the GM's direction.

Then the HC, he is someone who is on a lot as well. They deal with what the roster looks like and are in a lot on who the sign/not sign etc and writing up deals for those players.

The capologist comes up with the numbers to offer the free agents and keep track of our number against the cap.

Scouts, there are hopefully a lot of scouts, people who don't have as much time but want to be involved, they weigh in on trades, who to sign, etc, but don't have as much final say as the people above and write up scouting reports on prospects, which can be fun to do, actually spend time to breaking down a prospect, watching highlight videos, reading up on a number of scouting reports, seeing how different experts have them ranked and then forming your opinion.

fishtanked

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Gnat,

I'm on all the time so that isn't an issue. I think I would like to be more involved than just a scout but the GM and AGM roles might be a little over my head. HC sound like fun though. I guess I'll just wait and see who wants what role. Cheers... Err I mean.... SKOL!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just coming back to add in OC and DC, don't know what they do, but it is an impressive sounding title, probably look at personnel on their respective sides of the ball in both free agency and the draft paying closer attention to the scheme we run to see if players fit.

Robbroy45

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait, gents, IIRC we had a stellar year last year and I have high hopes that we can replicate our success this year!

Heimdallr wrote:
Watching the game with two pcers fans.

Beer s good
Eric dunn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait so there will be no GM or AGM this time around?

#TEDDYTHEVIKING
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: