Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD '13 Sign Up Now Open (WHO IS THE GM?)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:
Not that it matters at this point, but that seems a little odd. I mean you're not supposed to, but you still can trade tagged players as long as you can say you were hoping for a long-term extension.

Oh wellz.

It was essentially a scenario where too many teams were using it to just get value for players they weren't planning on keeping. It's more a situation where we felt it was hurting the integrity of the game.

Yeah it's a great rule. You can't trade a tagged player at all. You are allowed one resigning before UFA that by my reading it, you can then trade.
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:
Not that it matters at this point, but that seems a little odd. I mean you're not supposed to, but you still can trade tagged players as long as you can say you were hoping for a long-term extension.

Oh wellz.

It was essentially a scenario where too many teams were using it to just get value for players they weren't planning on keeping. It's more a situation where we felt it was hurting the integrity of the game.

Yeah it's a great rule. You can't trade a tagged player at all. You are allowed one resigning before UFA that by my reading it, you can then trade.

I understand, but it takes all the fun out of it! Crying or Very sad

I think it's ridiculous that the NFL made that rule, it was a nice way for teams to get better value for their FA's.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I'm gonna make a google doc if no one else has yet. War Rooms open tomorrow.
CWood21

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
So, I'm gonna make a google doc if no one else has yet. War Rooms open tomorrow.

Just remember, all those involved with the Packers' FFMD as well as Estonianzulu need to be linked to it.
justo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
justo wrote:

Just remember, all those involved with the Packers' FFMD as well as Estonianzulu need to be linked to it.

Yup. No notes or chatzy type stuff in it either, right? Just height/weight/name/school/ranking, correct? Can't have opinions on the players in there.
CWood21

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little over 2 and a half hours until sign ups close. If you're considering it, now's your last chance to sign up.
CWood21

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Yup. No notes or chatzy type stuff in it either, right? Just height/weight/name/school/ranking, correct? Can't have opinions on the players in there.

Tread carefully. Webby's desire to keep the discussion on FF is the main point we're trying to make. A few comments here or there, but using other means of discussion (like but not limited to chatzy, AIM, etc) are forbidden.
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
justo wrote:

Tread carefully. Webby's desire to keep the discussion on FF is the main point we're trying to make. A few comments here or there, but using other means of discussion (like but not limited to chatzy, AIM, etc) are forbidden.

AIM? Woah. I didn't know it was 2005.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
justo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
justo wrote:

I'd rather just have the positional scouts write like 2-3 sentences on the guys but leave it at that. Idk. Up to the GM I guess.
justo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So.....I got the spread sheet/code. PM me if you guys want it. Made it so you guys can edit it. The rankings are from NFLDraft scout right now. Don't move them around just yet. Add names and stuff if you guys see someone you like not on the lists.
CornOnDaCobb

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish to participate
CWood21

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to go ahead and lock this. Whoever gets named the GM, feel free to start sign ups and a War Room whenever you get the chance.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: