Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lock 'er up, Sabo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramsí 2014 Class Projections - May

Iím a few days early with this one, though I donít imagine anyone will be complaining too much.

A couple caveats Ė I think this my projections are always going to be optimistic. Wisconsin has offers out to tons of their ĎPlan Aí guys right now, a few ĎPlan ABí guys, and are evaluating others. They arenít going to go across the board and get everybody they want. I also expect these projections to change fairly drastically once we get into the summer evaluation period Ė this is the first week the staff has had a chance to make contact with top targets, evaluate film, etc. full time due to spring ball. As a result, you can really expect recruiting to pick up.

Last time I stated that this would comfortably be the best class in UW history, and I stand by that now.

To the projections!

QB
1. Jalan McClendon, 3*, pro style, NC

At this point, the Badgersí QB board is basically Kyle Allenís name repeated over and over. Theyíve shown some interest in Drew Barker, they dropped Chance Stewart, and they are just beginning to really put out feelers on some of their lower level targets. As long as Wisconsin is even remotely in the battle for Allen, you wonít see any (committable) offers. Given that Allen is visiting next weekend, weíll know a lot more then. That said, Wisconsin likes where they stand early for Allen and his decision timeline really works in Wisconsinís favor. Will they land him? Possibly, but itís too early to project that.

Among the Plan B guys, Jalan McClendon might be getting the most interest. The 6í3Ē, 200 pound QB is a more of a hybrid guy, but he has a strong arm and can make all the throws. This is a fairly aggressive projection on my part, but McClendon has gone on record as stating that if the Badgers offer, they will sit at number 2 or 3 on his list (ahead of Clemson and UNC, but behind Florida State). FSU already has a QB commit for this class, which makes me feel like this is a winnable battle. The only problem here is that McClendon could blow up this summer.

Previous Projection: Adam Bertke, 4*, pro style, OH
Why heís not Projected Here: Quite frankly, I havenít heard much of anything going on between Bertke and Wisconsin. We definitely could still land him, but thereís just too many pieces up in the air to project it.

RB
1. Qadree Allison, 3*, power back, NY

Wisconsin took a look at Allisonís film less than a week ago and was completely blown away (look for yourself, you will be too!). An offer came immediately, and Allison responded by naming the Badgers his leader within hours. Heís already begun to set up a visit to Madison, and while he doesnít have a timetable for a decision, the second he steps on to campus, I would be on commit watch. I would also be on the look out for him to rise up rankings this summer as more outlets get a better evaluation of him Ė heís from NY and therefore misses out on thorough evaluations early in the process, but his film screams 4*. If he really can hit a 4.6 40 speed at 225 pounds, weíve got a winner.

Previous Projection: Noah Brown, 4*, speed back, PA
Why Heís Not Projected Here: I still like the Badgers chances for Brown, but Virginia Tech is going to make this a big time battle. Brown has said he really likes the B1G, and with offers from MSU, Nebraska, and Wisconsin, UW was in great shape. However, Virginia Tech just got a visit and may have moved to the forefront of his recruitment for now. The key to winning this battle will be getting Brown and campus and selling him as a RB (VT wants him as a WR). Weíll see how dedicated UW is taking a speed back versus a power back, as there is more than 1 power guy who looks like a Badger lean.

2. Taiwan Deal, 3*, power back, MD

I continue to like where we stand for Deal, who received a visit from Coach Beatty last week. Deal cancelled other visits to take a trip to Madison when he was offered, and we managed to vastly exceed his expectations. While he doesnít claim to have a leader, Tennessee was UWís biggest threat and they are now full at HB. I really like where we stand and feel confident that we can land Dealís signature. Another guy to watch at this spot would be 3* OH RB LJ Scott, and while Iíve previously mentioned 4* NJ RB Gerald Owens here, offers from Florida State and a pending offer from Florida might make him a tough pull.

TE
1. Gaelin Elmore, 3*, blocking TE, WI

Elmore continues to make this difficult for Wisconsin, but the Badgers have shown that they are willing to do what it takes to get his signature. They seized the momentum in his recruitment at the spring game, and every additional visit Elmore takes to Madison is only going to get him more comfortable with the new staff. I am becoming more and more confident that Wisconsin is going to land him, and Elmore is an impact player at the blocking TE spot. Heís a good enough athlete that he could split out wide and be used in a variety of ways.

2. Mike Gesicki, 3*, receiving TE, NJ

Last time I wrote that Gesicki was getting closer to an offer, but hadnít gotten one get due to Ian Bunting and Nic Weishar. Well, considering every top target at receiving TE for Wisconsin committed to other schools in the same day last week, Gesicki now sits at or near the top of the board. Heís shown a great deal of interest in Wisconsin, including making a visit without an offer. I think an early offer here could really go a long way towards sealing him up. However, the wild card here is Ohio State Ė Urban Meyer personally invited Gesicki to their summer camp and I have to imagine that he will wait for the outcome of that camp before deciding. Either way, Iíd be surprised to see him get an OSU offer and ultimately think Wisconsin is in good shape here.

OL
1. George Panos, 4*, LG, WI
2. Jaden Gault, 4*, LT, WI

Panos is still seeing some interest from Florida State, but this is nothing to worry about. These guys are solid to the Badgers and the building blocks for this whole OL class.

3. Michael Dieter, 3*, RG, OH

This is very much a goofy recruitment, as Dieter will not reveal offers publically so as to not scare smaller schools away. What I can say is that heís already visited Madison for the spring game and had a great time, and that Wisconsin is almost assuredly the best offer he has. Dieter knows all about the tradition at UW on the OL, and seemed to like TJ Woods and Gary Andersen, so I feel really strongly that unless Michigan swoops in late (they have shown peripheral interest, but just got a commitment on the OL), UW wins this battle rather easily.

Previous Projection: Frank Ragnow, 3*, RG, MN
Why heís not Projected Here: Ragnow has been in limbo for about a month now in terms of where he sits on the Badgersí board. I thought it was always a foregone conclusion that UW would offer, and that they would do so early enough to lock this recruitment down. Now Ragnow has offers from Pitt, Mizzou, Nebraska, and more, while Wisconsin has gone after some other guys who they probably feel good about locking in. In short, I think UW thought they could end up with either Ragnow or Dieter, and they like Dieter better.

4. Nick Richardson, 4*, RT, OH

Richardsonís recruitment still hasnít really taken off much at all, as UW has looked at different OL targets of the Ďshoot the mooní variety and Richardson has been more in the collecting offers phase. Heís got some good ones early, including MSU, UK, Ole Miss, and Maryland, but he wants to be in the B1G and knows all about UWís OL tradition. Thereís still some pieces up in the air here, but I think that if UW ratchets up the interest, heís going to respond in a big way.

5. Jarrett LaRubbio, 3*, OG/OC, OH

The Badgers are going to take 5 OL this cycle, and while I think this spot may go to a true OT prospect (shifting Nick Richardson inside), for right now most of the remaining guys I feel good about projecting to the Badgers are interior guys. LaRubbio got an offer a few weeks ago and immediately put Wisconsin among his top 4. Kentucky has the early lead based solely on the number of visits and familiarity he has with the campus, but UWís presence is going to make this very tough on other schools. Jarrett has said he wants to visit west coast schools like Washington before making a decision, but Iím not sure heíll follow through on that. He needs to put on some weight, but has nice feet and is a classic UW lineman recruit. Heíll redshirt, which is why I think he might be a center long term.

Previous Projection: Colt Pettit, 3*, OC, OH
Why heís not Projected Here: This last projection was basically just a shot in the dark among unoffered targets at the interior OL. Pettit was my pick, but the staff prefers LaRubbio based on his offer.

WR
1. Dareian Watkins, 4*, OH

I have gone back and forth on projecting Watkins to the Badgers, as Michigan State is going to make this supremely difficult. Watkins grew up an MSU fan, but fell in love with Wisconsin when he visited. If the previous staff was remotely competent, this isnít even a battle. At the end of the day, I think Coach Beatty continues to get the job done, Wisconsin makes Watkins a huge priority when he visits, and the Badgers pull out a squeaker. Donít be surprised if this doesnít happen, but Iím not giving up hope by any stretch yet.

2. Chris Jones, 3*, MD

Wisconsin continues to go all out for DeMatha prospects, and I have them getting 2 of them. Jones is likely to visit Madison at sometime with Taiwan Deal, and will absolutely have Deal in his ear about being a Badger. That, combined with a fairly beatable offer list, means that if Wisconsin really wants him, I think they can get him. As a prospect, he has great size at 6í3Ē, 180, though he needs to put on some weight before playing at the collegiate level. His speed is good enough to make him a viable deep threat, and with a redshirt year he could definitely be an impact player for the Badgers.

I wonít project a complete monster stud here, but donít sleep on Wisconsinís odds with Jamil Kamara, Jalen Brown, Cameron Phillips, Emmanuel Beal, and a few other 4* targets. Thereís a good reason UW hasnít offered many other WRís yet.

Previous Projection: Rashad Canty, 3*, GA
Why heís not Projected Here: Canty received interest early from Wisconsin and immediately scheduled a spring game visit. I thought that an early offer/commitment could follow for the Georgia native, but it looks like both parties have cooled here.

DL
1. Conor Sheehy, 4*, SDE, WI
2. Craig Evans, 4*, NT, WI

After Sheehy committed, some were worried he may waver and take advantage of his Michigan offer. He never did and is as solid as can be. Evans is committed right now, but UW still has some work to do to keep him in the fold. He still wants to take official visits to some SEC powers, but Iím still hesitantly thinking he never does.

3. Billy Hirschfeld, 3*, WDE, WI

Hirschfeld continues to resist naming Wisconsin his leader, but the Badgers have steadily assumed control of his recruitment. This spring game visit appears to be the turning point for UW, and I think Billy has set himself up for a summer decision. You have to respect the effort the Badgers have shown here, not just with Hirschfeld, but with all of the in-state Super Six. Their hard work is just beginning to pay off. As a prospect, heís a perfect fit in the UW system with his size, good ability to move, and potential in a 3-4. Heíll have to redshirt, but this would be a big win. Even better, itís looking like a likely win.

4. Ainuu Taua, 4*, DT, CA

This is kind of a splash prediction, but itís more reflective of the fact that UW is sitting fairly well with some really highly regarded DL prospects. Therefore, while Ainuu might not end up a Badger, I think itís okay to project him because someone of similar ability is a good bet to end up in Madison. To get to Taua, heís got a few nice PAC 12 offers, including UCLA and Washington (who may be the early favorites), but he has already scheduled an official visit to Madison after receiving the offer from Chad K. Thatís an outstanding sign, as itís the only official Taua has scheduled. As a prospect, he projects best at the NT spot, but has enough penetration ability you could see him line up all over the place.

Previous Projection: Conor Morehart, 3*, DT, PA
Why heís not Projected Here: Morehartís projection was mostly based on his immediate spring game visit following the offer. I have no confirmation that he ever made the trip, but I do know heís visited Michigan State among a few other places. I think UW had momentum here at one time, but they donít any more and have simultaneously made some splashes with more highly regarded prospects.

LB
1. Dominic Cizauskas, 3*, ILB, WI

Iím still not confident in many of the linebacker positions, as UW has yet to offer many guys they are real players for. That said, Iím fairly confident that, among the non-offered targets Cizauskas is high on the list. I also know that Dominic will almost assuredly end up a Badger unless Ohio State offers (and they wonít). All in all, it adds up to a really niec in-state player for Wisconsin. A 6í1Ē, 230 pound Chris Borland clone with 4.6 laser-timed 40-yard dash speed, heís a good enough athlete to play in the middle and he jumps out on film. I think he gets offered at summer camp and commits shortly after.

2. Nile Sykes, 3*, OLB, IL

Sykes continues to sit in limbo in terms of his recruitment Ė heís a very good player who has yet to receive the big name offers that go with it. Illinois might be on top right now, but I think a Wisconsin offer would absolutely trump the Illini, as Sykes is well aware of where the two programs are right now. Iowa could make things interesting if Wisconsin continues to really slow play Sykes, but for now I still think this is a battle the Badgers can win. Sykes would project very well in the OLB spot for Wisconsin, as heís about 6í3Ē, 225 with some room to grow.

3. Tyler Burke, 3*, OLB, PA

Burkeís early offer isnít really that puzzling when you consider how nice a fit he is for the Badgersí scheme on the strong side of that defense and how many early offers he has. At 6í4Ē, 225 with good speed, heís fairly raw but athletic enough that Wisconsin has made him a priority. While distance has kept Pitt and Maryland in this race, generally the more offers someone gets and the longer their recruitment process drags on, the more comfortable they are leaving home. For Burke, Rutgers, Syracuse, and Temple offers might just help the Badgersí chances here. I think Burke realizes his future is in Madison and the Badgers overcome the distance.

4. Brandon Lee, 4*, LB, IN

The Midwest LB situation is kind of funny this year. UM and ND are taking small LB class and OSU is trying to get all of itís LBs from Georgia. As a result, top guys like Nyles Morgan and Clifton Garrett are looking at the SEC. Below them, however, there is a nice group of 3 or 4* LBs just perfect for UW, and at the top of that list might sit Brandon Lee. Lee has good speed, decent size with an excellent frame to add weight, and could be an impact player anywhere in a 3-4 scheme. Louisville leads early, but a Wisconsin offer would almost certainly lead to a visit and put the Badgers in the ring for him. While UW might not get Lee, I think they end up with some LB of similar ability.

Previous Projection: Kyron Watson, 3*, ILB, IL
Why heís not Projected Here: Michigan offered Watson, and unless they run out of spots before May 20th at LB, Watson will be a Wolverine. If they do run out of spots (which is possible), Wisconsin will be right back in this thing. That said, the Badgers need to offer and get him to visit Madison now, because his recruitment is beginning to take off.

CB
1. Troy Vincent Jr., 4*, CB, MD

The spring game visits for Wisconsin might ultimately be what set them in control of the recruitments of Gaelin Elmore, Billy Hirschfeld, and Troy Vincent. Thatís really incredible when you think about it. Vincent loved his visit, rating it a perfect 10. He also got great vibes with the staff, particularly Ben Strickland, with whom he might have the best relationship of any coach recruiting him. Given his familiarity with the program and with Barry Alvarez, I think Wisconsin really is in the driverís seat here. That said, TVJ is not going to make this easy. He is going to give schools like Pitt, Maryland, North Carolina, and others a real shot to beat UW out. That said, I donít see him in anywhere but Cardinal and White.

2. Demarlon Morris, 3*, CB, JUCO

I honestly have no idea what to do at this spot. This is the last projection Iím making, and is probably the one Iím least comfortable with. Morris has received interest from the Badgers and would likely commit on the spot if offered, but I donít think heíll get an offer for a long time as UW slowly moves down its board. In the meantime, the Badgers are in that spot where every offer will likely not result in a commitment (except TVJ) and every target with real interest is being slow played. This makes any projection difficult. Morris definitely could be a Badger, and at 6í0Ē with CB agility, heíd be a decent get who could play early with his JUCO experience.

Previous Projection: Vayonte Copeland, 3/4*, CB, OH
Why heís not Projected Here: This is a fair bit frustrating, because I really thought UW could land Copeland if they wanted to, but I havenít heard too much interest. UW is likely only going to take 2 CBs, and one of those spots is reserved for Troy Vincent Jr. Theyíve been shooting the moon on other CB offers, but I think thereís a great target in the Midwest waiting for them.

S
1. Christian Byrum, 3*, SS, VA

Byrum is looking to end his recruitment sooner rather than later, and even though he may soon see several more offers coming his way, he plans to visit Wisconsin with teammate Jamil Kamara in the summer. When that happens, I would say that we can expect Byrum to pull the trigger. Wisconsin has gone after him harder than anyone else, they are his biggest offer, and heís looking to commit. Thatís just a combination that makes it difficult to think Byrum wonít be a Badger.

2. Miles Taylor, 3*, FS, Washington DC

Wisconsin continues to say they wonít take more than 1 S in 2013, and that might hold true. But for now, given the size of the class, I think we have to project 2. The guy I think with the most mutual interest is actually Georgia Tech commit Miles Taylor. Taylor and the Badgers have been flirting with each other for a long time, and are currently playing the game of chicken with an offer. Wisconsin wants to make sure Taylor visits before they offer, and Taylor wants an offer before he visits. Whoever breaks first doesnít matter as long as someone does, because I donít think his GT commitment would stick.

Previous Projection: Mike Edwards, 3*, FS, OH
Why heís not Projected Here: Kudos to Kentucky here, who has done a great job surging to the front of Edwardís recruitment. Wisconsin just hasnít gone after him much, and I think Edwards commits to the Wildcats by summer time.

Title Town USA wrote:
Don't question Rams. He runs this place. He is The Man.
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update, good stuff liek always.

BTW rams, what the hell did you mean by that "300% suicide rate" comment in a thread I won't mention. I'm honestly just curious as for whatever reason I'm not quite sure what that poster meant or what you meant.

~Bird Watch 2014 | Nick Foles~
978 yards (1st), 6 TDs (t-5th), 95.5 Passer Rating (10th)
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:

BTW rams, what the hell did you mean by that "300% suicide rate" comment in a thread I won't mention. I'm honestly just curious as for whatever reason I'm not quite sure what that poster meant or what you meant.
The suicide rate among homosexual teens is more than 300% that among heterosexuals. This is due to bullying and other stereotypes that reinforce that homosexuals are lesser people.

If you're also interested in whether homosexuality is a choice you should check out the physical difference between hetero and homosexuals - homosexuals have numerous slight morphological changes.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biology_and_sexual_orientation

It's something I'm passionate about due to my lack of religious stance and because I have several friends who have been negatively impacted by people who have never met them. I try to be respectful, but sometimes I can lose my cool.

Title Town USA wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss wrote:

The suicide rate among homosexual teens is more than 300% that among heterosexuals. This is due to bullying and other stereotypes that reinforce that homosexuals are lesser people.

If you're also interested in whether homosexuality is a choice you should check out the physical difference between hetero and homosexuals - homosexuals have numerous slight morphological changes.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biology_and_sexual_orientation

It's something I'm passionate about due to my lack of religious stance and because I have several friends who have been negatively impacted by people who have never met them. I try to be respectful, but sometimes I can lose my cool.

Trust me I understand and am fully aware that it's in no way a choice, but what I was confused about was specifically the exchange between you and pastordillon. I think I might have just got it though... was he saying he receives hate for his hateful views on the lgbt community, and then your response was a witty/informal retort? Like "oh it must be sooo hard for you" kind of response? Because I originally read it as pastordillon saying he was gay and had deal with hate because of it, and then you giving him an incredibly unwarranted harsh response, which surprised me to say the least lol. I don't want to have a discussion about the matter because the last thing we want is this thread locked, I (for whatever reason...) just want to get to the bottom of what you two meant.

~Bird Watch 2014 | Nick Foles~
978 yards (1st), 6 TDs (t-5th), 95.5 Passer Rating (10th)
zelbell

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fwiw Kyle Allen got offered by Notre Dame last night

Quote:
@Birm11W: Big offer for Desert Mountain star. ď@KyleAllen_10: Just been offered by Notre Dame!!! So happy and excited! #Irish #Blessed 🏈🏈Ē

Sorry got the bad news guys

Adopt a Brown: Josh Gordon
2014 Stats: stay tuned?
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
was he saying he receives hate for his hateful views on the lgbt community, and then your response was a witty/informal retort? Like "oh it must be sooo hard for you" kind of response?
It was essentially this. I roughly translate what he said to, "I really don't like that the people I oppress dislike me for oppressing them." Thankfully, one look at demographics tells us that his views are (literally) dying off.

Quote:
Fwiw Kyle Allen got offered by Notre Dame last night

Quote:
@Birm11W: Big offer for Desert Mountain star. ď@KyleAllen_10: Just been offered by Notre Dame!!! So happy and excited! #Irish #Blessed 🏈🏈Ē

Sorry got the bad news guys

Thanks man, yeah we'll see what happens. Allen is going about his recruitment the right way, so he's a good bet to visit. A tough pull just got tougher...

Title Town USA wrote:
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 Fairly Interesting Recruiting Updates

Arrow 2013 (not a typo) JUCO CB Tekeim Reynard will visit this weekend. The Badgers offered him a week or so ago, and Reynard has said there is a high probability that he commits this weekend. He also has offers from Colorado and Kentucky, so for a VA JUCO guy, at least other schools (and schools that are far away) are interested. He's reported a 4.42 40 at 5'11", 175, so if that's true he has very nice speed.

Arrow 2014 3* OH OG Michael Dieter has named Wisconsin his leader. This comes after an in-home visit from MSU. Dieter will try to visit Ann Arbor, as he has some Michigan interest as well, but it appears that Wisconsin is going to get one of it's higher ranked players on the OL.

Arrow Gaelin Elmore will receive coach visits at his school from Florida (the second time in 2 weeks), Ohio State, Michigan State, Minnesota, and Oregon. Considering he's the only prospect at his school and his school is in the middle of nowhere, that is impressive.

I can't confirm whether or not Florida is close to offering, but you don't travel 1,200 miles to visit a guy's school twice without serious interest.

Title Town USA wrote:
REGenius

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramssuperbowl99 wrote:

Arrow 2013 (not a typo) JUCO CB Tekeim Reynard will visit this weekend. The Badgers offered him a week or so ago, and Reynard has said there is a high probability that he commits this weekend. He also has offers from Colorado and Kentucky, so for a VA JUCO guy, at least other schools (and schools that are far away) are interested. He's reported a 4.42 40 at 5'11", 175, so if that's true he has very nice speed.

On film this kid looks very fast and shifty. Im sure the Badgers are recruiting him as a cover CB but in his high school film he looked pretty darn good at slot receiver. He doesn't have big time offers but I love the fact that Gary Anderson is recruiting players that he wants. Question: Are we able to give this kid an offer because Budmayr decided to drop his scholly or is it because Dave Gilbert dropped his?
Cali2Wisco

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw a Joe Mixon interview from the weekend, when asked what schools he is going to visit he only specifically mentioned OU, UGA and Wisconsin. When asked about Wisconsin the kid was all smiles and definitely seemed more excited than when talking about OU and UGA.

Still a long shot but a good bit nonetheless.

kiltman on the sig
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cali2Wisco wrote:
Just saw a Joe Mixon interview from the weekend, when asked what schools he is going to visit he only specifically mentioned OU, UGA and Wisconsin. When asked about Wisconsin the kid was all smiles and definitely seemed more excited than when talking about OU and UGA.

Still a long shot but a good bit nonetheless.
Keep in mind that the only visit right now Mixon has for sure is Oklahoma. He also appears close to an Oregon offer (today or this week at the latest), and is likely to get offers from Texas, Alabama, and LSU soon.

Wisconsin could get a visit, but ultimately the smart money is still on USC, UCLA, Washington, or Oregon.

Quote:
On film this kid looks very fast and shifty. Im sure the Badgers are recruiting him as a cover CB but in his high school film he looked pretty darn good at slot receiver. He doesn't have big time offers but I love the fact that Gary Anderson is recruiting players that he wants. Question: Are we able to give this kid an offer because Budmayr decided to drop his scholly or is it because Dave Gilbert dropped his?
Budamyr's scholarship drop was necessary to get to 85. I believe David Gilbert is still technically on scholarship, maybe they changed it to a 'medical hardship' and that's where the offer is coming from?

Title Town USA wrote:
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recruiting Update

Arrow Kyle Allen Visiting UW

In case you've been living under a rock the past month, 4* AZ QB Kyle Allen will be making his visit to Madison this weekend after rolling through the Elite 11 Camp in Chicago. To say this visit is huge for Wisconsin is an understatement. Allen is the only real QB target the Badgers have, and right now his recruitment is starting to take shape.

Allen visited UCLA last weekend along with several other of their top targets (including 4* CA RB and Badger top target Joe Mixon). In general, Allen is a reserved guy who isn't letting emotion get in the way of the process, but safe to say UCLA made a strong impression. Allen got lots of time with head coach Jim Mora, was told he's number 1 on their board (so there goes that advantage for UW), and thinks he's a good fit in the UCLA offense. At this point, I'd say UCLA is the leader in the clubhouse, but it is still early in Allen's decision-making process and all that really means is that they will get a second visit.

I've been trying to confirm what the Notre Dame offer means in Allen's recruitment, and so far I haven't heard too much. What I do know at this point is that the Irish are late to the party, which helps. Allen was part of the first round of offers that went out (5* OK QB David Cornwell also got one, and there will be others too), the Irish weren't recruiting him super hard to begin with, and Allen had already worked out a visit schedule that didn't include South Bend. I'm not saying ND won't be a player in this recruitment moving forward, but right now the edge still goes to UCLA, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M, and Wisconsin.

So what can you expect on the visit? Wisconsin has done a great job thus far of using family, friends, and other players on visits to win guys over. If you remember, they let Jaden Gault give Jamarco Jones a tour when he visited, they let the Super 6 sell each other, etc. Expect more of the same here. Allen's aunt and uncle are accompanying him on the visit, and as Badger fans from Oconomowoc who have already said that Allen being a Badger QB would be 'a dream' for them, you can count on them doing some of the selling. The coaching staff is going to sell Allen based on offensive scheme fit, winning, and how badly they want him. The fact that the world's craziest block party will be going on in the background probably won't hurt the Badgers' chances either.

If the visit goes well, Wisconsin will double down on their 'only 1 QB offer' policy. It's something that no other school in this race can claim, and Allen has already stated it's a serious selling point for him. If Wisconsin starts to doubt their chances, they are going to hedge their bets and start throwing out offers, likely on the condition of visiting Madison. This way, they can start gathering up the Plan B guys and making a run at them without completely sabotaging themselves. Right away, Allen has tentatively said he would like to come to summer camp and throw/work with the Badger staff before making a visit, so UW should be able to lock down that 2nd visit this weekend. Beyond that is anyone's guess.

Arrow Summer Visits for 2 4* SEC Country Backs?

Of all the positions, it looks like RB is the one where UW has a chance to make the biggest splash. Thomas Hammock has transitioned to the national HB recruiter, and he's got offers out across the country. A recent one went out to 4* MS power back Aeris Williams, who says he will try to visit Madison this summer. Williams actually grew up in Wisconsin and a fan of the Badgers, so Wisconsin is more of a player here than you might think. Ole Miss, MSU, and FSU have also offered.

A Georgia guy I've been saying to keep your eye on is 4* speed back Adam Choice. Choice has offers from Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, North Carolina State, South Florida, and Tennessee, but Hammock is putting work in on this one and Choice has responded. He's expressing sincere interest to visit this summer, and right now I'd say it's 75% odds he makes it out.

Arrow Leader for Joe Mixon?

Joe Mixon's recruitment has exploded so much that he's having trouble sticking to his top 15 (that was actually a top 16). Oregon, Texas, LSU, and Alabama are all on the verge of offering, and Mixon has sincere interest in visiting as many big name programs as he possibly can. Right now, he's planning on using his official visits to see programs that he otherwise wouldn't be able to get out to, which is why he's confirmed that one will go to Oklahoma. Wisconsin is in the group of schools vying for one of his other 4 visits.

At this point though, USC looks like they have separated themselves from the pack. They're coming at Mixon as hard as anyone, are right in his backyard, are offering playing time, and, well, are USC. Wisconsin is basically racing for a top 5 spot at the end of the day, but they aren't serious contenders to land him.

Arrow Is Ohio State a Real Player for Mike Gesicki?

One word answer - no. OSU is looking to take either 1 TE or pass on the position entirely in 2014, and with Ian Bunting, Jeb Blazevich, and Nic Weishar elsewhere, the talent drop off has them considering using the spot for BPA. Better still, if OSU was to take a TE, they would prefer it to be an H-Back style TE who is along the lines of 6'3", 240 pounds. Gesicki, at 6'6", 215, doesn't fit the bill. They have offered him a camp spot to see if he's a Bunting/Weishar caliber talent and worthy of more of a BPA offer, but at this point all signs point to Gesicki missing out on the Buckeye offer that he wants.

Meanwhile, Wisconsin has yet to move on the next tier of TEs. Thomas Hammock visited Gesicki last week, but as of yet no offer has been sent out. I would expect that one comes shortly, which would put Wisconsin out front of Rutgers (offered), PSU (no offer), and OSU (no offer).

Arrow Does UW Still Lead for Noah Brown?

At this point, I'd say no. With all of the big name programs that have offered Brown as a WR (the latest being Notre Dame), Brown is starting to wonder whether his future should even be at RB. Honestly, he probably does project a little bit better as a WR down the line anyway. Wisconsin has yet to get a visit from him, I haven't heard of anything being set in stone, and Virginia Tech, Rutgers, and North Carolina have all made an impression.

Wisconsin is definitely still in it, but it's just a substantially tougher race than you'd like to see. The Badgers didn't capitalize on their early momentum.

Arrow Wisconsin Continues to Move for Gaelin Elmore

As I said earlier, Oregon, Florida, and MSU all were in to see Elmore. While that sounds scary for the Badgers, it looks like Oregon is simply doing their due diligence. Florida could be a factor, but the distance is going to make it a tough pull for them even if they do offer.

MSU is an interesting case though. The Spartans do want to take a TE this class, but only have offers out to Ethan Wolf (Tennesse commit) and Garret Dickerson (top 5 of Alabama, Michigan, Northwestern, Ohio State, and Stanford). When MSU stopped by, the Spartans told him he would either need to camp to earn an offer, or earn one by visiting. Elmore says he has plans to visit MSU, but I'm not concerned. The single biggest thing in his recruitment is that he wants to be a priority for the school he signs with, and MSU went about recruiting him exactly the wrong way by basically telling him "we may or may not want you".

At this point, Elmore's top 3 of Nebraska, Minnesota, and Wisconsin is exactly that. UW has surged even with the other two so much so that Elmore has fallen off of his previous statement that Nebraska is the leader. It's clear now that the spring game visit is what brought UW even, and they have an outstanding chance to seal this one up with continued effort throughout the summer.

Arrow Illinois RB on the Verge of an Offer?

UW has offers out to several top speed back targets, but the early returns aren't that promising. I don't think UW leads for any of them anymore (thanks Noah Brown...) and the Badgers likely don't either, so they are starting to move on more realistic targets. At the top of the 'Plan B' guys likely sits 3* IL RB Chris James. James has long sought an offer from the Badgers.

Currently, he's a top target for Michigan State and Pitt (each have offered). James will admit publicly that a UW offer would put them on even footing with MSU and Pitt, but the reality here is that he would be far closer to an on-the-spot commitment type of deal. James visited Iowa last week and had planned to visit MSU for their spring game the week before that, but didn't make it and instead watched Sparty on TV.

James will likely have to camp at Wisconsin in order to try and earn an offer. Hammock has slow played his recruitment so far, and I expect that theme to continue.

Arrow Where Wisconsin sits in Jamil Kamara's Top 9

4* VA WR Jamil Kamara would be one of the bigger out of state pulls in UW history, and Coach Beatty has done an outstanding job selling Kamara on his ability to play early at a winner. At this point, Kamara has Virginia and North Carolina out front, but when asked for other schools in the mix he mentioned Tennessee, Vanderbilt, and Wisconsin. At this point, I would say Wisconsin is ahead of Miami, Pitt, NC State and WVU (who round out Kamara's top 9), about even with Vandy, and running a little behind Tennessee. A wildcard here is LSU, who hasn't offered (and likely won't given the loaded in state WR crop).

While he hasn't scheduled a visit to Madison yet, teammate Christian Byrum will be visiting and Kamara will almost certainly tag along. Like I said in my class predictions, don't sleep on UW's chances to bag a top tier WR. Kamara might be our best shot at it.

Arrow It Wouldn't Be a Recruiting Update Without

Me telling you the latest on Dareian Watkins. Originally, Watkins was planning to visit both Northwestern and UW during the weekend of May 11th, then make a decision. Things have changed for him, and now he will give each school a full weekend to overtake Michigan State, with him visiting Northwestern this weekend and Wisconsin the next. Afterwards, he will sit down with his family and make a decision. A nice side benefit is that his younger brother, 2015 prospect Cario Dawson, will be making all of these trips with him.

I'll hopefully have more on the specifics of Watkins' visit to Madison next week, but for right now most pundits are handicapping his recruitment as MSU out front, Northwestern virtually out of it, and Wisconsin as the wild card who could beat out everyone. Maybe it's the homer in me, but I'm still expecting Wisconsin to make an absolutely huge move for Watkins during his family's visit. Getting the last visit here is crucial.

Arrow 3* Power Backs Love Wisconsin

3* OH RB LJ Scott will be returning to Madison for camp. Scott has Wisconsin in his top 3 with MSU and Louisville, but the Badgers are likely the number 1 team within that top 3. I wouldn't say a commitment is likely when Scott comes back, but it's definitely possible.

3* MD (DeMatha) RB Taiwan Deal has yet to publicly name leaders, but has raved to each one of his teammates about how great his Wisconsin visit is. At this point, the Badgers have to be considered in the lead for his services as well, and when he returns it shouldn't surprise anyone if he brings 3/4* teammates Brock Ruble, Chris Jones, and Cameron Phillips with him.

Arrow OL commitments elsewhere help the Badgers

In order to UW to land some of the midwest OL that they really want, they need Michigan, OSU, and ND to run out of room. Well, so far Michigan is down to 1 spot with the recent commitment of 4* (and non-UW target) Juwann Bushell-Beatty.

While this helps out with Jamarco Jones, the 2014 guy that it pays the biggest in-roads for is Michael Deiter. With only 1 spot remaining in their OL class, I expect Michigan to go all out for Alex Bars (and get him). Worst case scenario for the Wolverines would be landing in-state 3* Tommy Doles. While a Michigan offer might have been enough to change things up for Deiter, we can now safely say it's not coming.

ND has also put themselves in a position where Jones simply isn't a realistic option. They lead for 4* NJ OL Quentin Nelson (Ohio State is running 2nd), and while Nelson says he's not sure when he will commit, he's nearing a final decision. This isn't a bad thing for UW either, because while the Badgers did stop by his school, he was never a realistic option. ND will make room for 4/5* OL Braden Smith, but no one else.

So what about OSU? Well they have 2 of the 5 OL committed already in OG Marcelys Jones and OT Kyle Trout. At this point, they seem likely to land OT Jamarco Jones, JUCO OT Chad Mavety, and then save a spot for 5* MD OT Damien Prince or 4* TX OG Demetrious Knox. It definitely hurts the Badgers that two of their top targets are going to OSU (Mavety and Jones), but there are other interesting prospects who are going to get left out in the cold that UW could be all over, and Jamarco Jones isn't a done deal to OSU yet.

In particular, I would watch out for 4* OH OT Nick Richardson, 4* OH OT Nethaniel Devers, 4* PA OT Alex Bookser, 4* NJ OT Derek Allen, high 3* MD OL Justin Herron, high 3* IL OG Eric Shute, and high 3* MN OG/OT Frank Ragnow. Wisconsin still seems likely to bring in a killer OL haul this year, even if they miss out on Jones.

Arrow Expect a Commitment this Weekend

As I said earlier, Wisconsin is almost assuredly going to seal the deal for 2013 JUCO DB Tekeim Reynard. Reynard will compete with Shelton for the 3rd CB spot.

Title Town USA wrote:
REGenius

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
Recruiting Update

As I said earlier, Wisconsin is almost assuredly going to seal the deal for 2013 JUCO DB Tekeim Reynard. Reynard will compete with Shelton for the 3rd CB spot.

Ehhh You mean he will compete with Darius Hillary for that 3rd CB spot. Sojourn is a BEAST! He's gonna lock up the #2 CB spot.

PS. Rams
When am I gonna see a basketball projection from you. As you could see from earlier pages, I am incapable of running the bball projections.
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REGenius wrote:
ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
Recruiting Update

Ehhh You mean he will compete with Darius Hillary for that 3rd CB spot. Sojourn is a BEAST! He's gonna lock up the #2 CB spot.

PS. Rams
When am I gonna see a basketball projection from you. As you could see from earlier pages, I am incapable of running the bball projections.
I've got better contacts for football than basketball. I could try, but they would be crappy.

PS: Hillary was an animal this spring. He and Jean are the starting corners no questions asked. Shelton Island is going to be slot (where he's a perfect fit) and depth. He'll see the field for sure.

Title Town USA wrote:
1King

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well, so far Michigan is down to 1 spot with the recent commitment of 4* (and non-UW target) Juwann Bushell-Beatty.

While this helps out with Jamarco Jones, the 2014 guy that it pays the biggest in-roads for is Michael Deiter. With only 1 spot remaining in their OL class, I expect Michigan to go all out for Alex Bars (and get him). Worst case scenario for the Wolverines would be landing in-state 3* Tommy Doles. While a Michigan offer might have been enough to change things up for Deiter, we can now safely say it's not coming.

It sounds like we are focusing on Bars and Jones for the last spot. I still fully expect Jones to end up at OSU and Bars sounds like he could be a Michigan/ND battle. As things stand now, Doles isnt really on our radar anymore, he probably ends up at NW (or maybe a service academy). Haven't heard anything in regards to Michigan with the Deiter kid (aside from here), though it could be paywall info.

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
Quote:
Well, so far Michigan is down to 1 spot with the recent commitment of 4* (and non-UW target) Juwann Bushell-Beatty.

It sounds like we are focusing on Bars and Jones for the last spot. I still fully expect Jones to end up at OSU and Bars sounds like he could be a Michigan/ND battle. As things stand now, Doles isnt really on our radar anymore, he probably ends up at NW (or maybe a service academy). Haven't heard anything in regards to Michigan with the Deiter kid (aside from here), though it could be paywall info.
Deiter's recruitment is way under the radar since he doesn't cooperate with media/report offers/report visits.

Title Town USA wrote:

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 93 of 99

Jump to: