Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

LET'S TALK ABOUT PLAYOFFS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who's your Super Bowl winner?
Cinci
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Houston
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Green bay
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Minnesota
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
New England
13%
 13%  [ 6 ]
Denver
16%
 16%  [ 7 ]
Atlanta
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Indianapolis
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Baltimore
11%
 11%  [ 5 ]
Seattle
13%
 13%  [ 6 ]
Washington
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
San Francisco
11%
 11%  [ 5 ]
Hornby
25%
 25%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 43

Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RG3 with a complete ACL and LCL tear will have total reconstructive surgery tomorrow

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/8827480/sources-robert-griffin-iii-washington-redskins-acl-lcl-surgery-ready-opener

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

hornbybrown

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dumb Redskins drafting a QB top 5. What if he gets hurt?

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin
Pierre Desir
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:

what does the field have to do with it? on the play that looks like the play that his ACL blew out, his foot didnt slip or anything. He takes a awkward step to pick up the lose ball, as he plants his foot his knee gives out. Dirt kicks up as he plants his foot but his foot didnt slip.

His feet had been slipping all night and all year. Could it have happened anywhere? Sure. But I think its perfectly reasonable to think that the added wear and tear of playing in that slop did not help.
fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recovery of RG3 is 6-8 Months, so he will probably be good to go in 2013, but man. 2 ACL tears in the past 3 1/2 years. Not good.

Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:
Recovery of RG3 is 6-8 Months, so he will probably be good to go in 2013, but man. 2 ACL tears in the past 3 1/2 years. Not good.

6-8 months for an acl and lcl tear seem a little generous especially since its the 2nd time

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Entropy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:

6-8 months for an acl and lcl tear seem a little generous especially since its the 2nd time

I think it all depends on how the repair goes. If the damage was extensive and it limited the repair ability, his recovery can go to "never".

If the damage is able to be repaired to the extent it was the first time, it shouldn't increase his recovery time. And, in that case, his previous experience with rehab can be a benefit.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did I just hear some idiot on mike and mike say that 2/3 of players who tear there ACL never come back?

Is he counting all the scrubs who were practice squad material becuase that number is outrageously high. I cannot think of 1 single player off the top of my head who hasn't returned because of an ACL. I can only think of guys with achillies and patellar injuries.

Jamison on the sig
Entropy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
Did I just hear some idiot on mike and mike say that 2/3 of players who tear there ACL never come back?

Is he counting all the scrubs who were practice squad material becuase that number is outrageously high. I cannot think of 1 single player off the top of my head who hasn't returned because of an ACL. I can only think of guys with achillies and patellar injuries.

I think it's what you said AND counting players who had the dreaded "career ending ACL injury" prior to surgical procedures that could repair it well enough to play football.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
buno67 wrote:

what does the field have to do with it? on the play that looks like the play that his ACL blew out, his foot didnt slip or anything. He takes a awkward step to pick up the lose ball, as he plants his foot his knee gives out. Dirt kicks up as he plants his foot but his foot didnt slip.

His feet had been slipping all night and all year. Could it have happened anywhere? Sure. But I think its perfectly reasonable to think that the added wear and tear of playing in that slop did not help.

well im hearing that his knee could of been finished off in a pile a couple plays before that but RGIII kept trying to play on it. One that bad snapped play was it just finally completely blowing out. It just comes that his running ability and etc was his downfall. He tried to scramble vs the Ravens, scrambling increases your chances of getting injuries and the Ravens put a huge kink in his armor. When he comes back his knee wasnt 100%. He gets sacked a few times and he completely blows his knee out and has to get total knee reconstruction. I had doubts about him and his knee going into the season. I liked his potential but his durability really bothered me. Sucks he lived up to his potential and to his durability issues. sucks that Skins sold the farm for him. If Washington was smart they wouldnt even think about playing him next year. You invested way to much into him so way run the risk. I just let him rehab for the next year or so and just let him become a better pocket passer.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
buno67 wrote:

well im hearing that his knee could of been finished off in a pile a couple plays before that but RGIII kept trying to play on it. One that bad snapped play was it just finally completely blowing out. It just comes that his running ability and etc was his downfall. He tried to scramble vs the Ravens, scrambling increases your chances of getting injuries and the Ravens put a huge kink in his armor. When he comes back his knee wasnt 100%. He gets sacked a few times and he completely blows his knee out and has to get total knee reconstruction. I had doubts about him and his knee going into the season. I liked his potential but his durability really bothered me. Sucks he lived up to his potential and to his durability issues. sucks that Skins sold the farm for him. If Washington was smart they wouldnt even think about playing him next year. You invested way to much into him so way run the risk. I just let him rehab for the next year or so and just let him become a better pocket passer.

What sucks? They lost a playoff game and more than likely he'll be ready for the 2013 season opener. Everything in between is for RGIII to handle and rehab.

Adrian Peterson came back stronger than ever and while that shouldn't be the expectation, there's no reason to expect that he should be rested for 2013. All comes down to the rehab.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCBrowns21 wrote:
buno67 wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
buno67 wrote:

What sucks? They lost a playoff game and more than likely he'll be ready for the 2013 season opener. Everything in between is for RGIII to handle and rehab.

Adrian Peterson came back stronger than ever and while that shouldn't be the expectation, there's no reason to expect that he should be rested for 2013. All comes down to the rehab.

believe me I know what it takes to rehab total knee reconstruction surgery, did it my junior year in high school. Yea Peterson is an amazing story but that is extremely rare for a guy to come back like he did on the time frame he did it and play as well. I doubt he is going to be able to do what Peterson.
They say your knee after that surgery is stronger than it was before but this isnt the first time RGIII has hand total knee reconstruction on that knee. This will be his second surgery. That is a lot for the knee to go through. That is a lot of trauma to have a god. the bone isnt going to be the same, the surround ligaments are not gonna be the same and the cartilage isnt going to be the same. The one thing I didnt like about RGIII and his knee that as he gets older arthritis was gonna set in and bother his knee but now with his second surgery arthritis set in ever faster hell. Hell I had two major knee surgeries within four years of each other and by my junior year of playing football in college the arthritis and wear tear I was putting on my knee playing football was killing. I stopped playing football and my knee actually got better. We wont see RGIII stop playing football for awhile. IMO his knee will give him problems the rest of his career IMO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCBrowns21 wrote:

With an ACL tear having strong quadriceps really helps. Your quads connect to the petallar tendon which stretches over the kneecap and helps prevent the knee from sliding laterally to a certain extent, which is a function of the ACL and PCL as well. I think this is why Peterson was able to come back so effortlessly, dude is built like a [inappropriate/removed] truck below the waist. I think RGIII's bigger worry is the LCL tear, especially as a football player. That ligament undergoes a lot of stress on when tackled low, hopefully he can fully recover quickly because that could be a huge problem for him going forward. Also on a final note [inappropriate/removed] Mike Shanahan for potentially robbing us of part of the prime of a great football player. It was idiotic to let him go back out there even in the playoffs.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irony: if old man Weeden has a longer NFL career than RGknee.

Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012
fatpig

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

who ya guys got this weekend?

i got the Pats, Broncos, 49ers & Seahawks

Manning v Brady in the AFC champ game. it'll be one for the ages

god how i wish we had playoff caliber football in Cleveland
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fatpig wrote:
who ya guys got this weekend?

i got the Pats, Broncos, 49ers & Seahawks

Manning v Brady in the AFC champ game. it'll be one for the ages

god how i wish we had playoff caliber football in Cleveland

Pats, broncos, Pack and Falcons for me. I think Ryan gets over the hump

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 6 of 20

Jump to: