Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eagles Request Interview of Jay Gruden for HC
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Eagles Request Interview of Jay Gruden for HC Reply with quote

A league source tells ESPN's Adam Schefter that the Eagles are expected to request permission from Bengals on Monday to interview Cincinnati OC Jay Gruden for their head coach vacancy.
Add Gruden to the extensive list of candidates that now includes Oregon's Chip Kelly, Syracuse's Doug Marrone, Broncos OC Mike McCoy, Seahawks DC Gus Bradley, Falcons ST coach Keith Armstrong, Falcons DC Mike Nolan, and Colts OC Bruce Arians.

From Rotoworld.com

I think he's more expendable than Zimmer. But either way i'd like to keep our team in tact.
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't worry on that one until he gets a second interview. They are casting quite a net for candidates.
ark23

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Gruden a lot. I think we quickly forget how pathetic Bratkowski was. Gruden does a lot of unique things and allows us to be successful despite what I think are some limitations.

I'd hate to see him go.
Who-dey

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ark23 wrote:
I like Gruden a lot. I think we quickly forget how pathetic Bratkowski was. Gruden does a lot of unique things and allows us to be successful despite what I think are some limitations.

I'd hate to see him go.

This and lets not forget Dalton was drafted because he fit Grudens system. I really don't want to start over.

Adopt a Bengal: Reggie Nelson and Mike Zimmer
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who-dey wrote:
This and lets not forget Dalton was drafted because he fit Grudens system. I really don't want to start over.

Exactly.

I just hope all this doesn't distract him from whats goin' on in Houston tonight. I hope he realises that a good job done tonight will be the best entry on his resume.

I hope we keep both coordinators, but I fear we will lose both.
theJ

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
Who-dey wrote:

Exactly.

I just hope all this doesn't distract him from whats goin' on in Houston tonight. I hope he realises that a good job done tonight will be the best entry on his resume.

I hope we keep both coordinators, but I fear we will lose both.

I still don't think either leave.

Honestly i like Gruden, but i'm wondering what he's done that shows he can be a good Head Coach. He only has two years experience at the NFL level. Other than that he's coached mainly in Arena and UFL. Some head coaching experience there, but nothing directly applicable.

And Zimmer has been black balled for years it seems. After a while you just have to assume no one wants him for some reason.

I'll believe it when i see it.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This year I have not been impressed by Gruden. Last year he was so pleasant because it wasn't Brat, but not I don't see him doing much. AJ should not have games where he doesn't catch the ball in a half. He is amazing, get the ball in his hands with screens and slants.

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
This year I have not been impressed by Gruden. Last year he was so pleasant because it wasn't Brat, but not I don't see him doing much. AJ should not have games where he doesn't catch the ball in a half. He is amazing, get the ball in his hands with screens and slants.

Same, I won't shed any tears if Gruden leaves. Dalton is sharp enough to pick up another offense, and they aren't going to implement a system that he can't do.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

Same, I won't shed any tears if Gruden leaves. Dalton is sharp enough to pick up another offense, and they aren't going to implement a system that he can't do.

It will still be west coast. Hue Jackson could replace him

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
theJ

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

It will still be west coast. Hue Jackson could replace him

Hue has run a variation of the Air Coryell in the past.

johndeere1707

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we need playmakers that can run short routes. we need a RB that can be more dynamic catching the ball, and we need a Legit TE. Everytime a ball goes to Gresham i hold my breath, because its either going to be a spectacular catch or a drop. There is really no in between. Ill take consistency over flash everytime.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was it my imagination or did the Texans seem to know every time we ran a RB screen? They were either poorly planned, poorly executed or we are showing are hand.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XU Lou wrote:
Was it my imagination or did the Texans seem to know every time we ran a RB screen? They were either poorly planned, poorly executed or we are showing are hand.

No, when your D-Line is getting the pressure up front they were getting, all the defence knows a screen could be coming, its a standard read for experienced DB's like Houstons'.......
theJ

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XU Lou wrote:

I've been thinking that all year. I don't think Andy sells it particularly well, and neither does the Oline. They all seem to run to their spots instead of faking a standard pass.

XU Lou

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
XU Lou wrote:

I've been thinking that all year. I don't think Andy sells it particularly well, and neither does the Oline. They all seem to run to their spots instead of faking a standard pass.

I agree, linemen were sniffing out the screen far too early and would pull back on the rush to cover the rb.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: