Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Steelers give Haley permission to interview w/Cards
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jcm412

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Steelers give Haley permission to interview w/Cards Reply with quote

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-give-arizona-ok-to-interview-haley-for-head-coach-job-668873/

Quote:
The Steelers have granted permission to the Arizona Cardinals to interview Todd Haley for their head coaching job
tenboots

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanna see one more season of this Haley offense before I make a judgement on him.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No big shock to me but personally I don't think they go with Haley.

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
at23steelers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much for being committed to the Steelers and this being his dream job!
Dcash4

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
So much for being committed to the Steelers and this being his dream job!

As a coach you always listen to the next opportunity. Doesn't mean he takes it or wants it.
stillersenat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope he doesn't leave. Like him or not, constant change in coordinators is an easy track to failure in an offense or defense. Especially if the systems change radically all the time.

CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping the offense would open up quick strikes to our fast WR's and let them make plays... it instead constricted our offense and our star QB.

I don't like it, at all. Haley isn't meant for this team.
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
I was hoping the offense would open up quick strikes to our fast WR's and let them make plays... it instead constricted our offense and our star QB.

Yeh you're right. Scoring more touchdowns and points, having one of the best 3rd down conversion rates, 2nd in the league in time of possession and getting the qb hit much less aren't for this offense.

...you have a forum resume?
Dcash4

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:

Part of that is on Haley, part on Ben, and part on our receivers.

Ben likes to force the issue down field more. Its a big reason why we threw down field so much with Arians -- Ben could do whatever he wanted. No huddle situations with Ben calling plays on the field... more throws down the field.

Our receivers are incapable of winning off the line with any sort of press. They are at their best at intermediate to deep routes where they can run free. Ever see Ben hit his hitch on the drop and go to let the ball go, but bring it back down? Usually a sign that the receiver didn't get open. Also a major reason we have little success in the redzone with our receivers. But that's another issue.

I think another year in the system will help and actually give us an idea of how Haley is working out.

I love Ben, but he is the guy I'm starting to look at for this offense not seeming to be able to take off. Haley or not, whoever the offensive coordinator is they need to get Big Ben to buy in completely. And i think that will be difficult for anyone.
Chieferific

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:

Yeh you're right. Scoring more touchdowns and points, having one of the best 3rd down conversion rates, 2nd in the league in time of possession and getting the qb hit much less aren't for this offense.

Exactly! If you want Big Splashy plays, Play Madden. I didn't watch every Pats game but they're the team with the #1 Offense and I don't think that was achieved through throwing long bombs to Welker/Branch. If it ain't broke....

CKSteeler wrote:
And no, truth is not a 'fact.' Which is why they are two different words.
jcm412

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:

The offense was fine the first half of the year. The offense did exactly what it was suppose to.

Injuries and and poor execution killed it the 2nd half.
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dcash4 wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:

Part of that is on Haley, part on Ben, and part on our receivers.

Ben likes to force the issue down field more. Its a big reason why we threw down field so much with Arians -- Ben could do whatever he wanted. No huddle situations with Ben calling plays on the field... more throws down the field.

Our receivers are incapable of winning off the line with any sort of press. They are at their best at intermediate to deep routes where they can run free. Ever see Ben hit his hitch on the drop and go to let the ball go, but bring it back down? Usually a sign that the receiver didn't get open. Also a major reason we have little success in the redzone with our receivers. But that's another issue.

I think another year in the system will help and actually give us an idea of how Haley is working out.

I love Ben, but he is the guy I'm starting to look at for this offense not seeming to be able to take off. Haley or not, whoever the offensive coordinator is they need to get Big Ben to buy in completely. And i think that will be difficult for anyone.

Agreed good post.
Part of why I'd consider two offensive players as potential 1st rd picks for Ben, WR DeAndre Hopkins & TE Tyler Eiffert, two players effective at separating to the ball.

...you have a forum resume?
AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:

They avg only a pt or 2 more per game and Ben was only getting hit on avg one time less per game...all at the sacrifice of anything remotely resembling a current NFL offense especially with the current talent at the skill positions.

TOP means nothing if you're not scoring the points to go along with it.

DEFs were playing so close to the LOS it was rediculous...no vertical play calling...unimaginative play calling as well.

Offense was never able to get into a rhythm...never going no huddle unless at end of the half...I could go on.

Arians system needed tweaked...better red zone efficiency and running efficiency...not demolished and set back 30 years...neither were accomplished.

Gunny Highway wrote:
Ed Reed coughs real hard and his other testicle descends and he admits Hines Ward has far more grit than he does
Chieferific

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlanFanecaFan wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:

They avg only a pt or 2 more per game and Ben was only getting hit on avg one time less per game...all at the sacrifice of anything remotely resembling a current NFL offense especially with the current talent at the skill positions.

TOP means nothing if you're not scoring the points to go along with it.
DEFs were playing so close to the LOS it was rediculous...no vertical play calling...unimaginative play calling as well.

Offense was never able to get into a rhythm...never going no huddle unless at end of the half...I could go on.

Arians system needed tweaked...better red zone efficiency and running efficiency...not demolished and set back 30 years...neither were accomplished.

They did. With Ben out And That's The Bottom Line.

CKSteeler wrote:
And no, truth is not a 'fact.' Which is why they are two different words.
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No surprise considering his past with the team. I thought Reid was going there but it looks like he is going to KC.

^^The only QB in history with 6 TD passes in B2B games plus two 500 yard games. Props to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: