Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who Stays?/Who Goes?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BBIB

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrownieTheElf wrote:
I don't like the guy but Vick should be considered as well if he leaves.

Vick would be ideal fit but he won't be considered if for no other reason you can't like Vick play in the Dawg Pound.

THe media and opposing fans would have too much of a field day with that

But in order these are the QBs who should be considered through trade and free agency

1)Joe Webb- Arguably as athletic as RGIII with a stronger arm. PRoblem is he's not the most accurate of passers, yet in the Chip Kelly system he could be significantly more efficient.

2)Terrelle Pryor- Chip Kelly tried very hard to recruit Pryor at Oregon and Pryor would be a perfect fit in the NFL. ALthough he may cost a little more in trade now that the Raiders future plans at the QB position are murky.

3)Dennis Dixon- Maybe not a full-time starter but the absolute perfect backup for Chip Kelly's system. Unlike Darron THomas, he actually has the speed to translate to the next level that would give defenders fits. He's 2-1 as a starter even without the innovative Kelly

4)Thad Lewis- Watched this kid at Duke and was impressed that he could even make Duke semi-competitive in several games. He's got the physical tools to be a decent player in this league especially in that system

5)Josh Johsnon- He's 0-5 as a starter but in CHip Kelly's system he could be an ideal backup and could look far better than his twice as many INTs as TD ratio he has right now in the league

6)Tyrod Taylor- Another work in progress as a passer but much more ideal fit for Kelly's system

The top 2 guys especially have the most upside and especially the first guy in Joe Webb because he has that acceleration and that great arm strength

I think he's a prospect that many have overlooked as the perfect fit for that offense
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
BrownieTheElf wrote:

Vick would be ideal fit but he won't be considered if for no other reason you can't like Vick play in the Dawg Pound.

But in order these are the QBs who should be considered through trade and free agency

1)Joe Webb- Arguably as athletic as RGIII with a stronger arm. PRoblem is he's not the most accurate of passers, yet in the Chip Kelly system he could be significantly more efficient.

2)Terrelle Pryor- Chip Kelly tried very hard to recruit Pryor at Oregon and Pryor would be a perfect fit in the NFL. ALthough he may cost a little more in trade now that the Raiders future plans at the QB position are murky.

3)Dennis Dixon- Maybe not a full-time starter but the absolute perfect backup for Chip Kelly's system. Unlike Darron THomas, he actually has the speed to translate to the next level that would give defenders fits. He's 2-1 as a starter even without the innovative Kelly

4)Thad Lewis- Watched this kid at Duke and was impressed that he could even make Duke semi-competitive in several games. He's got the physical tools to be a decent player in this league especially in that system

5)Josh Johsnon- He's 0-5 as a starter but in CHip Kelly's system he could be an ideal backup and could look far better than his twice as many INTs as TD ratio he has right now in the league

6)Tyrod Taylor- Another work in progress as a passer but much more ideal fit for Kelly's system

The top 2 guys especially have the most upside and especially the first guy in Joe Webb because he has that acceleration and that great arm strength

I think he's a prospect that many have overlooked as the perfect fit for that offense

Good list... I mentioned a few of those myself.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Entropy wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Entropy wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Entropy wrote:
bruceb wrote:
buno67 wrote:
bruceb wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
This "colt is in the plans" is nothing but garbage.... Over a week before the browns even interview Kelly they are telling the back up QB that he is in their "plans" and now think this is evidence that he is going to the starter? Laughing seriously people.

Kelly believes in tailoring his O to the strengths of his players.

McCoy is better cloth for tailoring Kelly's O than Weeden.

I think Weeden be the better QB to tailor his offense around because he is the better passer but if Kelly truly wants to run his zone read than Colt would be the better QB

McCoy has legs, Weeden doesn't.

Kelly said he wants a QB that "can beat you with his arm".

Didn't that quote say he wanted a QB that could Run and beat you with arm???

no it said run "when needed"...you were implying something different, I think

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8631595/the-success-chip-kelly-oregon-ducks-offense-more-familiar-seems

Quote:
"I look for a quarterback who can run and not a running back who can throw. I want a quarterback who can beat you with his arm," Kelly explained at a coaches clinic in the spring of 2011, emphatically adding, "We are not a Tim Tebow type of quarterback team. I am not going to run my quarterback 20 times on power runs."

Quote:
Kelly explained that he merely needs a quarterback who, if the defense "forces" him to run, "can do it effectively." Although this rules out some of the NFL's best quarterbacks from Peyton Manning to Tom Brady it doesn't mean that his offense requires Cam Newton or RG3. Every year, the high school and college ranks are producing more and more quarterbacks who aren't utterly devoid of athleticism.

Same article...I posted it, btw

Thanks, lots of pages to dig through to find it, and I only found half.

I don't think the latter cancels out the prior statement of wanting a QB that can run AND beat you with his arm. It all goes together. Run and throw.

Not Tebow (a running back that can't throw) and not Brady (a thrower that can't run). he wants someone that can do BOTH.

NO!...not "BOTH" since that implies an equality to each...ok?

It's like this...he wants a QB that can beat with you with his arm and not embarrass himself like Brady, Manning, or Kosar, when he runs.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Entropy wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Entropy wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Entropy wrote:
bruceb wrote:
buno67 wrote:
bruceb wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
This "colt is in the plans" is nothing but garbage.... Over a week before the browns even interview Kelly they are telling the back up QB that he is in their "plans" and now think this is evidence that he is going to the starter? Laughing seriously people.

Kelly believes in tailoring his O to the strengths of his players.

McCoy is better cloth for tailoring Kelly's O than Weeden.

I think Weeden be the better QB to tailor his offense around because he is the better passer but if Kelly truly wants to run his zone read than Colt would be the better QB

McCoy has legs, Weeden doesn't.

Kelly said he wants a QB that "can beat you with his arm".

Didn't that quote say he wanted a QB that could Run and beat you with arm???

no it said run "when needed"...you were implying something different, I think

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8631595/the-success-chip-kelly-oregon-ducks-offense-more-familiar-seems

Quote:
"I look for a quarterback who can run and not a running back who can throw. I want a quarterback who can beat you with his arm," Kelly explained at a coaches clinic in the spring of 2011, emphatically adding, "We are not a Tim Tebow type of quarterback team. I am not going to run my quarterback 20 times on power runs."

Quote:
Kelly explained that he merely needs a quarterback who, if the defense "forces" him to run, "can do it effectively." Although this rules out some of the NFL's best quarterbacks from Peyton Manning to Tom Brady it doesn't mean that his offense requires Cam Newton or RG3. Every year, the high school and college ranks are producing more and more quarterbacks who aren't utterly devoid of athleticism.

Same article...I posted it, btw

Thanks, lots of pages to dig through to find it, and I only found half.

I don't think the latter cancels out the prior statement of wanting a QB that can run AND beat you with his arm. It all goes together. Run and throw.

Not Tebow (a running back that can't throw) and not Brady (a thrower that can't run). he wants someone that can do BOTH.

It's like this...he wants a QB that can beat with you with his arm and not embarrass himself like Brady, Manning, or Kosar, when he runs.

Okay see, I'm reading the entire article... You are choosing to read just part...

I'm looking at every QB that has played for him that he hand selected... You think that others were hiding in the shadows...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
BrownieTheElf wrote:

Webb is definitely on my list of QB's to look at. Pryor is a big meh. He is not a thrower he is merely a lobber. Inaccurate. Like to give Thad a shot at least as a back up. Agree Dixon is a definite look at back up also.

But, I think we need to see what Chip will absolutely run here in the NFL. I'm guessing he will tweak it to fit. Won't be surprised to see him tweak New Englands offense.

Thanks to ReggieCamp on the sig
Entropy

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Entropy wrote:

Now I know he didn't say that...

Then show me how important the Qbs abililty to run MUCH better than those guys is to Kelly.

skatebeanz wrote:
Quote:
Source in #Browns organization told me that just over a week ago Colt McCoy was told by Joe Banner he is "in the next head coach's plans"

If Colt McCoy is in the future plans then we are not going to win more than 6 games until he is benched.

Jamison on the sig
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Vick is an inaccurate QB, over 30, made of glass.

Except that he can run when he's not hurt, how is he a good fit for any offense?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:
Quote:
Source in #Browns organization told me that just over a week ago Colt McCoy was told by Joe Banner he is "in the next head coach's plans"

If Colt McCoy is in the future plans then we are not going to win more than 6 games until he is benched.

McCoy can't pass well enough to be a starter. That excludes him in the first place.

If he's in Banner's plans, it's as an inexpensive backup.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Entropy wrote:

Then show me how important the Qbs abililty to run MUCH better than those guys is to Kelly.

Okay see, I'm reading the entire article... You are choosing to read just part...

I'm looking at every QB that has played for him that he hand selected... You think that others were hiding in the shadows...

I try to answer questions and when I pose something in return you go in a circle and never answer or say anything....

I'm done. Night.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Entropy wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Entropy wrote:

I try to answer questions and when I pose something in return you go in a circle and never answer or say anything....

I'm done. Night.

I love it when people generalize "hand selected" to mean "forsaking all others", like no one ever adapts to what was available. I wonder if Kelly ever said anything about adapting to what he has.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Entropy wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Entropy wrote:

I'm done. Night.

I love it when people generalize "hand selected" to mean "forsaking all others", like no one ever adapts to what was available. I wonder if Kelly ever said anything about adapting to what he has.

Yeah, he got stuck with Mariotta as a QB... Forsaking all others... nothing else was available... So he was forced to adapt to him... Forced to play Mariotta...

Yeah...

You right...

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't we have Darron Thomas on PS?
Entropy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Entropy wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Entropy wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Entropy wrote:

I'm done. Night.

Yeah, he got stuck with Mariotta as a QB... Forsaking all others... nothing else was available... So he was forced to adapt to him... Forced to play Mariotta...

Yeah...

You right...

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Oh, you're not going to bed? Good.

How do you know he wasn't stuck with him anyway? Is he a fortune teller?

Did he ever have a different QB?

Hey, and you were suprised by Lewis' one rush for 3 yards? Me too, I thought he might put up better running numbers than Weeden.

But yeah, good point, Lewis fits Kelly's system huh?

And seriously, what's with the overuse of emoticons?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
BrownieTheElf wrote:

Boy, that's a tall stack of garbage.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: