Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Darrius Heyward-Bey could be cap casualty?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
La_Vader

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't say DMAC Shocked

Run DMC has a one year long contract. I'll give him one more year to put it all together.
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly don't see what the point in bringing back Heyward-Bey is even if he does restructure. He really regressed this season, he still can't catch with his hands, and he's never going to be a consistent deep threat for us. We already have cheaper, better, and younger alternatives on the roster.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
I get that feeling too. DHB was not Reggie's draft pick. And he has a $10M "out of whack" cap number.

Streater had 39 catches for 584 yards and 3 TD's

DHB had 41 catches for 606 yards and 5 TD's

So for more than $9.5M more, we got 2 more catches, 22 more yards and 2 more TD's???

Talk about not getting your money's worth. Rolling Eyes

And Streater was an URFA who has room to grow. Good hands ball catcher and adjust to make the difficult catches.

IMO, DHB has hit his ceiling. He is what he is. Good YAC WR who is going to drop key passes and lacks ability to catch the deep ball consistently or even track it.

True but would you be opposed to restructuring his deal?

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
La_Vader

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
I honestly don't see what the point in bringing back Heyward-Bey is even if he does restructure. He really regressed this season, he still can't catch with his hands, and he's never going to be a consistent deep threat for us. We already have cheaper, better, and younger alternatives on the roster.

Bo_Spice my man, who didn't regress this year in Knapps offense? DHB was rocked in that Steeler game, he rushed back. He has a warrior spirit and loves being a Raider and is still young. I want to see what he can do in a new system and a new deal
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

La_Vader wrote:
Bo_Spice my man, who didn't regress this year in Knapps offense? DHB was rocked in that Steeler game, he rushed back. He has a warrior spirit and loves being a Raider and is still young. I want to see what he can do in a new system and a new deal

Heyward-Bey is never going to be more than a #2/3 receiver in the NFL. We have younger, cheaper, and better alternatives already on the roster. It just seems counterproductive to bring him back.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
I get that feeling too. DHB was not Reggie's draft pick. And he has a $10M "out of whack" cap number.

So for more than $9.5M more, we got 2 more catches, 22 more yards and 2 more TD's???

And Streater was an URFA who has room to grow. Good hands ball catcher and adjust to make the difficult catches.

IMO, DHB has hit his ceiling. He is what he is. Good YAC WR who is going to drop key passes and lacks ability to catch the deep ball consistently or even track it.

Streater is also 6-3 as opposed to DHB's 6-2. But even though Streater is about 15 lbs. lighter at only 200 lbs, he seems to be able to get better separation and track the ball better. Especially down the seams where DHB only seems to get up the sidelines.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Da'Rick Rogers falls into our lap in the third round I would love the pick. While we do have more pressing needs and Rogers has a few character concerns, he has the potential to be a true #1 receiver in the NFL. He and Streater would form a nice duo for us moving forward.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know how the staff would feel about the character issues. Especially at a position that isn't a need.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:

True but would you be opposed to restructuring his deal?

Yes. Why restructure and keep a WR who has hit his ceiling? Rod Streeter will be cheaper and has more upside. DHB just secures a roster spot that could be used on a better WR IMO.

Having a guy start who fights the ball in the air, catches it against his body and struggles making plays consistently on the roster is just aiming to hold it back. You can find DHBs in any draft in any round. Give me a guy with some upside over a guy who you know what you are going to get and what it is is very mediocre.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:

Streater is also 6-3 as opposed to DHB's 6-2. But even though Streater is about 15 lbs. lighter at only 200 lbs, he seems to be able to get better separation and track the ball better. Especially down the seams where DHB only seems to get up the sidelines.

Exactly. Streeter has already shown more ability as a rookie FA than DHB has shown us. He will continue to grow and likely get bigger as well. He's fearless over the middle (as is DHB) but what really separates him is his hands are sticky. He makes the catches DHB can't.

Moore, Streeter, Ford w/ Criner hopefully coming on. I'd like to see a #1 added to the fold to help round it out. Also, there is a promising prospect in Sessions who was on the PS.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Moore, Streeter, Ford w/ Criner hopefully coming on. I'd like to see a #1 added to the fold to help round it out. Also, there is a promising prospect in Sessions who was on the PS.

I like that group. But let's be honest with ourselves, we have a lot of issues to address this offseason. #1 WR is probably most likely to get shelved. I wouldn't mind only bringing in a reliable vet who isn't a legit #1 or maybe past his prime. A guy like Santana Moss. Not specifically him, but someone like that. I'd rather break the bank for a CB or shoring up the trenches than landing a marquee WR in FA. Can't say I'd complain if we got like Bowe or someone though.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

I like that group. But let's be honest with ourselves, we have a lot of issues to address this offseason. #1 WR is probably most likely to get shelved. I wouldn't mind only bringing in a reliable vet who isn't a legit #1 or maybe past his prime. A guy like Santana Moss. Not specifically him, but someone like that. I'd rather break the bank for a CB or shoring up the trenches than landing a marquee WR in FA. Can't say I'd complain if we got like Bowe or someone though.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

I agree. There are too many cracks in the damn and not enough fingers to stop it from leaking.

Trenches first w/ a pass rusher being most important and a new RT.

A reliable CB so it's not a musical chairs of players.

#1 WR would be last on the list. But something that IMO would really boost the offense. Palmer needs that target to rely on. The look on his face when he hits his guys in the hand (or DHB in the chest) and they drop it is priceless.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Can't say I'd complain if we got like Bowe or someone though.

I would only b/c of the amount of cap space it would require to get him. Our WRs will get better and produce more w/ more experience and a solid running game.

I honestly don't think WR should be addressed one time this off-season. It is seriously at the top of my "do not need" list.

PM sig requests.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Can't say I'd complain if we got like Bowe or someone though.

I would only b/c of the amount of cap space it would require to get him. Our WRs will get better and produce more w/ more experience and a solid running game.

I honestly don't think WR should be addressed one time this off-season. It is seriously at the top of my "do not need" list.

I agree that we could allocate our resources better than #1 WR. But it has been so long since we've had a #1 legit who wanted to play for us. Goes back to Timmy and Rice imo. I almost pretend Moss was never even here. Walker was a joke. Porter was borderline, and Art Shell poisoned that.

All in all, I could live with it assuming its a fair deal to both sides for the player who is signed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: