Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FOP Mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MightyJoeYoung

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a dream about Warmack last night except... he was a paraplegic and was still projected as the best guard in a decade. Quite interesting in the dream watching his tape and seeing him pulling in a wheelchair

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the sig

"The King Stay the King"
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyJoeYoung wrote:
I had a dream about Warmack last night except... he was a paraplegic and was still projected as the best guard in a decade. Quite interesting in the dream watching his tape and seeing him pulling in a wheelchair
i had a dream also, only in mine the team drafted Something other than an OL or LB in round 1 and 2 for once! Laughing

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
shawn l brown

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kysteeler wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
kysteeler wrote:
I believe that Foster will test the market and get a decent offer elsewhere. We still have Colon until the draft, and at this point in the draft we're looking at two things in the 1st round in my opinion at 17.

1. Finish the D-line (Williams, Jenkins, Hankins)
2. Finish the O-line (Warmack)

It doesn't make sense to me to draft two build the lines and leave wholes.

I personally would save the money on Foster and take Warmack. After the worst rushing season since 2003, we need a stud LG to aid in closing out games and its added protection for Ben. Plus I like McClendon to take over the NT spot.

Taking a OLB in the first would be nice, but I don't think that there will be a good one available, would much rather go there in the mid rounds. Worilds is going to be the starter if Harrison is out, no way around it.
you don't need all 1st and second round OL to have a successful OL. The redskins have only 2 drafted that high (Trent Williams & Chris Chester) and they are the best run blocking OL in the nfl.

1. Re-sign Foster. he's not going to be getting some huge contractTake a guard in free agency that won't be unaffordable.

2. Take a guard prospect in the mid rounds

I understand we don't need 1st or 2nd round picks to fill those holes, but if Warmack is as good as people believe him to be, I just don't see how your could pass on potentially someone who could be one of the best at his position. Ben getting hurt is still an issue, so if we is out we are going to need a good run game.

Based on the projections right now, I just don't see a better 1st round prospect, unless someone falls to us is all I'm saying.
I Agree he is the BPA you have to take him.
Every thing will be better because of it.
Look at what a good running game does it keeps the defense off the field.

which means they are not wore out by the fourth QT.
The running game will set up the deep pass and keep the defense honest.
Then with two minutes to go you can close out the game.
My first two pick would be offence of line and nose tackle.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: FOP Mock Reply with quote

ImissEricGreen wrote:
1. Eric Fisher OT 6'7 305 Central Michigan
2. Giovanni Bernard RB 5'10 205 North Carolina
3. Robert Lester SS 6'2 206 Alabama
4. Denard Robinson WR 5'11 195 Michigan
5. Marc Anthony CB 6'0 200 California
5. Kwame Geathers DT/NT 6'5 350 Georgia
6. Jake Stoneburner TE 6'4 245 Ohio State
7. TJ Barnes DT 6'7 333 Georgia Tech

OR

2. David Amerson FS 6'2 194 North Carolina State
3. Da'Rick Rodgers WR 6'3 205 Tennessee Tech
4. Marcus Lattimore RB 6'0 232 South Carolina
5. Travis Long OLB 6'4 245 Washington State
5. Duke Williams SS 6'1 200 Nevada
6. Ryan Otten TE 6'4 242 San Jose State
7. Colin Klein QB 6'4 235 Kansas St

I'd go with the second mock.

The Steelers have to give Adams and Gilbert a chance before they relegate one of them to the bench. the Steelers don't have the luxury anymore with letting 2nd round picks sit the bench. The team needs to start treating those players like starters.

The Steelers need 2 QBs to go in the Top 15. 3 QBs would be perfect as the Steelers would most definitely get a Top 10 talent. Lets all cross our fingers for Glennon, Barkley, Smith or Wilson to go in the Top 15.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawn l brown wrote:
kysteeler wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
kysteeler wrote:
I believe that Foster will test the market and get a decent offer elsewhere. We still have Colon until the draft, and at this point in the draft we're looking at two things in the 1st round in my opinion at 17.

1. Finish the D-line (Williams, Jenkins, Hankins)
2. Finish the O-line (Warmack)

It doesn't make sense to me to draft two build the lines and leave wholes.

I personally would save the money on Foster and take Warmack. After the worst rushing season since 2003, we need a stud LG to aid in closing out games and its added protection for Ben. Plus I like McClendon to take over the NT spot.

Taking a OLB in the first would be nice, but I don't think that there will be a good one available, would much rather go there in the mid rounds. Worilds is going to be the starter if Harrison is out, no way around it.
you don't need all 1st and second round OL to have a successful OL. The redskins have only 2 drafted that high (Trent Williams & Chris Chester) and they are the best run blocking OL in the nfl.

1. Re-sign Foster. he's not going to be getting some huge contractTake a guard in free agency that won't be unaffordable.

2. Take a guard prospect in the mid rounds

I understand we don't need 1st or 2nd round picks to fill those holes, but if Warmack is as good as people believe him to be, I just don't see how your could pass on potentially someone who could be one of the best at his position. Ben getting hurt is still an issue, so if we is out we are going to need a good run game.

Based on the projections right now, I just don't see a better 1st round prospect, unless someone falls to us is all I'm saying.
I Agree he is the BPA you have to take him.
Every thing will be better because of it.
Look at what a good running game does it keeps the defense off the field.

which means they are not wore out by the fourth QT.
The running game will set up the deep pass and keep the defense honest.
Then with two minutes to go you can close out the game.
My first two pick would be offence of line and nose tackle.
i don't see a guard as better than some of the DBs, OLBs, NTs, ILBs and Wrs they will available at 17. I just don't have him there. Positional importance is not high enough for any team really. In some ways it was hard for me to see two 1st round interior lineman taken in round 1 of 2 of the last 2 drafts

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: FOP Mock Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
ImissEricGreen wrote:
2. Giovanni Bernard RB 5'10 205 North Carolina
3. Robert Lester SS 6'2 206 Alabama
4. Denard Robinson WR 5'11 195 Michigan
5. Marc Anthony CB 6'0 200 California
5. Kwame Geathers DT/NT 6'5 350 Georgia
6. Jake Stoneburner TE 6'4 245 Ohio State
7. TJ Barnes DT 6'7 333 Georgia Tech

OR

2. David Amerson FS 6'2 194 North Carolina State
3. Da'Rick Rodgers WR 6'3 205 Tennessee Tech
4. Marcus Lattimore RB 6'0 232 South Carolina
5. Travis Long OLB 6'4 245 Washington State
5. Duke Williams SS 6'1 200 Nevada
6. Ryan Otten TE 6'4 242 San Jose State
7. Colin Klein QB 6'4 235 Kansas St

I'd go with the second mock.

The Steelers have to give Adams and Gilbert a chance before they relegate one of them to the bench. the Steelers don't have the luxury anymore with letting 2nd round picks sit the bench. The team needs to start treating those players like starters.

The Steelers need 2 QBs to go in the Top 15. 3 QBs would be perfect as the Steelers would most definitely get a Top 10 talent. Lets all cross our fingers for Glennon, Barkley, Smith or Wilson to go in the Top 15.
imo smith and Wilson will go top 10. I would be shocked if Andy Reid doesn't take Geno Smith #1 overall, eventhogh he's no Luck or Griffin. And if Ryan Tanehill is going to go top 10, so will Tyler Wilson

ImissEricGreen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im pretty much sold on Fisher in the first, however OT Kyle Long & OG Alvin Bailey arent bad options in the 3rd. Lets not forget Xavier Nixon who man handle 3 or 4 top SEC DEs. Moore,Mingo & Clowney, Montgomery being tihe 1 that got away.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ImissEricGreen wrote:
Im pretty much sold on Fisher in the first, however OT Kyle Long & OG Alvin Bailey arent bad options in the 3rd. Lets not forget Xavier Nixon who man handle 3 or 4 top SEC DEs. Moore,Mingo & Clowney, Montgomery being tihe 1 that got away.
Id rather draft a guy like Xaiver Nixon or someone in the mid rounds. IMO this team needs depth on TE OL but doesn't need starters right now. We have to see how these 4 young highly drafted Olineman work out first IMO.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: