Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FOP Mock
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ImissEricGreen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: FOP Mock Reply with quote

1. Eric Fisher OT 6'7 305 Central Michigan
2. Giovanni Bernard RB 5'10 205 North Carolina
3. Robert Lester SS 6'2 206 Alabama
4. Denard Robinson WR 5'11 195 Michigan
5. Marc Anthony CB 6'0 200 California
5. Kwame Geathers DT/NT 6'5 350 Georgia
6. Jake Stoneburner TE 6'4 245 Ohio State
7. TJ Barnes DT 6'7 333 Georgia Tech

OR

1. Eric Fisher OT 6'7 305 Central Michigan
2. David Amerson FS 6'2 194 North Carolina State
3. Da'Rick Rodgers WR 6'3 205 Tennessee Tech
4. Marcus Lattimore RB 6'0 232 South Carolina
5. Travis Long OLB 6'4 245 Washington State
5. Duke Williams SS 6'1 200 Nevada
6. Ryan Otten TE 6'4 242 San Jose State
7. Colin Klein QB 6'4 235 Kansas St
armsteeld

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer I option 1.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
Steelers22

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like option two better but I don't like either. If we take another offensive lineman in round 1, i'll be irate. We need an OLB in the worst way and there's plenty worth a first round pick. Mingo, Ansah and Jordan are all names that could be there come our pick and considering our knack for developing productive linebackers, I would feel very comfortable taking any of those guys particularly Ansah.

props to dawg24
Dook

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't see the need for OT Fisher in the 1st. Maybe Starks does not get signed but I think we're pretty confidant in Adams or Gilbert playing left tackle and maybe even Foster or Beachum if absolutely necessary.

Like RB Bernard in the 2nd, if he's there, but again, don't see the need even if we lose Mendenhall.

Love S Lester in the 3rd but I don't think he'll be there.

Love S Amerson in the 2nd but don't think he'll be there.

We could use a pass rusher.
gatek99

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who moves to Guard, Adams or Gilbert?

Anyhow, switch Otten with Stoneburner and I like option 1. However, I do not think we need a RB when we already have dwyer, redman, and rainey.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unless the running back is named Eddie Lacy and we get him in 2nd, I don't want any RB.

We will draft a guard before a tackle in this draft. We have at 4 already with real PT on game field and doesn't disappoint as much (Max Starks, Marcus Gilbert, M. Adams, and Kelvin Beachums. Ramon Foster even can move out when needed to.
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take option 2 if you change round three to Lester and round 5 to Geathers.

Dook wrote:
Don't see the need for OT Fisher in the 1st. Maybe Starks does not get signed but I think we're pretty confidant in Adams or Gilbert playing left tackle and maybe even Foster or Beachum if absolutely necessary.

Glad you're not running this organization. Adams showed he has no signs of moving from RT anytime soon and Gilbert is just average; if that. Foster is a much, much better guard than tackle; and wouldn't make a good LT. Beachum looked like a nice 7th round pick at RT; but didn't look to have the movement for LT. I have no faith in any of those options at LT. If you truly do, at all; I question your judgement on what the responsibilities and expectations of a LT truly are.

Eric Fisher is a perfect LT, especially for Ben. He's not the strongest, but he can hold his own. He's very smart and extremely agile. Starks likely won't be back and it's time we got a long-term answer; Fisher is that answer.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@SC: I really like your logic and it makes sense. I wouldn't oppose getting a LT for the future if one falls, especially since we probably won't draft this high in future years. However, I'd like to give one more year to the two rookies and Gilbert to see if any of those three can be a left tackle. It was only Beachum's and Adams' first year and you know how Tomlin says year 1 to year 2 is usually the biggest jump. Im starting to seriously question Gilbert, but I'd give him one more shot too.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They Don't need to draft an OT in the first 1/2 of this years draft. They drafted two in round 2 of the last two drafts and they have decent back ups developing like Beechum.

I'd take option #2. I hope your plan for Klein is to make him a tight end and special teams player because that's what he will be in the NFL.

Actually my preference would be this:

1. Matt Elam, FS, Florida
2. Justin Hunter, WR, 6'4, 200
3. Robert Lester SS 6'2 206 Alabama
4. Andre Ellington, RB, Clemson
5. Kwame Geathers DT/NT 6'5 350 Georgia
6. Jake Stoneburner TE 6'4 245 Ohio State
7. TJ Barnes DT 6'7 333 Georgia Tech
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foster is a loss at RT. He lacks the footspeed to play outside. The OL was decent but if Lewan or either A&M OT is there, you take him.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geathers is straight garbage. Elam in the 1st? Undersized and I question his quickness and speed. I hate slow and small as a Safety.

steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
@SC: I really like your logic and it makes sense. I wouldn't oppose getting a LT for the future if one falls, especially since we probably won't draft this high in future years. However, I'd like to give one more year to the two rookies and Gilbert to see if any of those three can be a left tackle. It was only Beachum's and Adams' first year and you know how Tomlin says year 1 to year 2 is usually the biggest jump. Im starting to seriously question Gilbert, but I'd give him one more shot too.

Understandable, but Adams showed all the signs of a pure RT. He had the movement, but not the bend needed for that ability to stop the edge rusher. He'll get better as a pass blocker and become an above-average pass blocker, but become an elite run blocker. I have no problem with him being just a RT; because I think he'll be a damn good one. Neither he or Gilbert showed any signs of being capable of taking over that LT spot, however. I saw more potential in Beachum than Gilbert, honestly. I just don't like Beachum at LT unless we had a quality LG to help out.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
Geathers is straight garbage. Elam in the 1st? Undersized and I question his quickness and speed. I hate slow and small as a Safety.
he plays the game like Ed Reed and Sean Taylor with that type of tenacity. He isn't as good as those two, but he plays like that.

He's definitely a 1st round pick. He's the 1st or 2nd safety to come off the board.

Also how is 5'10, 202 lbs undersized to play safety? Shocked Laughing Shame on you

Geathers hasn't lived up to his hype. He's huge, has untapped talent and needs better coaching. Getting him that late in the draft and being patient on his developing and coaching him up will pay off in the long run.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shamarko Thomas>>>>>Matt Elam.
kysteeler

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
Shamarko Thomas>>>>>Matt Elam.

I would take Thomas becuase we could get him rounds later

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: