Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Top 5 selections before our pick @ #6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
malibuspeedrace


Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 13953
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a huge Star Lotulelei fan


I would pick him and try and figure out the DL rotation after the fact.
_________________
ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
Can't believe I'm saying this, but go OSU.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
skatebeanz


Joined: 13 Apr 2009
Posts: 19077
Location: Jamison. on the Sweet-sig.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW Mel Kiper said Geno is a late 1 early 2. Glennon IHO will be the first QB taken.
_________________

Sig bet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dropkick_pride


Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 10805
Location: C-bus
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
buno67 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
buno67 wrote:
I could see Geno Smith not going #1 and if that happens I see the Browns possibly trading up for him


God i hope not


if that who chip wants, chip gets...I think he could be a good fit for chips offense if we really want to go the dual threat direction


He isn't a dual threat QB though. He couldn't beat Tony Romo in a foot race. Sure, he has some pocket mobility, but so does everyone else in this draft.


You obviously have never seen geno run then...

He is very fast! great athlete! but rarely runs because he is a true pass first QB, and two I think he is afraid to get hit... I think it was the Kansas state game that he took off and ran... He outran the entire field but as soon as the safety got anywhere near him he jumped out of bounds immediately...

NOt a fit for Kelly IMO as it stands, but I do think he can be a great nfl QB given the right offense though...
_________________


Last edited by Dropkick_pride on Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
abbs1988


Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Posts: 403
Location: #freEJGordon
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

malibuspeedrace wrote:
I am a huge Star Lotulelei fan


I would pick him and try and figure out the DL rotation after the fact.


I feel you bro, I belive star is the next ngata. He is athletic, plays with a mean streak, has good lateral movement skill, and is a flat out pocket anialator... I THINK I KINDA WANT HIM
_________________

LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, KINDNESS, GENTLENESS, FAITHFULNESS, AND SELF-CONTROL
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
I want wiggins
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 19693
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
FWIW Mel Kiper said Geno is a late 1 early 2. Glennon IHO will be the first QB taken.


With Reid at the helm, I still won't be shocked if Geno goes #1.
_________________


IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pnies20


Joined: 19 Dec 2007
Posts: 6966
Location: Nashville through Erie, PA
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect us to switch to the 3-4 and take D. Moore to play ROLB.
_________________
2013 Browns Forum HOF Inductee

MINGO ATE YO BABY!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skatebeanz


Joined: 13 Apr 2009
Posts: 19077
Location: Jamison. on the Sweet-sig.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:
FWIW Mel Kiper said Geno is a late 1 early 2. Glennon IHO will be the first QB taken.


With Reid at the helm, I still won't be shocked if Geno goes #1.
I see a OT with Glennon a possibility.
_________________

Sig bet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ditchdigger


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 16077
Location: Gahanna, OH
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
buno67 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
buno67 wrote:
I could see Geno Smith not going #1 and if that happens I see the Browns possibly trading up for him


God i hope not


if that who chip wants, chip gets...I think he could be a good fit for chips offense if we really want to go the dual threat direction


He isn't a dual threat QB though. He couldn't beat Tony Romo in a foot race. Sure, he has some pocket mobility, but so does everyone else in this draft.


You obviously have never seen geno run then...

He is very fast! great athlete! but rarely runs because he is a true pass first QB, and two I think he is afraid to get hit... I think it was the Kansas state game that he took off and ran... He outran the entire field but as soon as the safety got anywhere near him he jumped out of bounds immediately...

NOt a fit for Kelly IMO as it stands, but I do think he can be a great nfl QB given the right offense though...


We shall see. Combine is not far away. The stopwatch doesn't lie.

Outran Kansas State's defense? If that's your frame of reference, I can see why you're misinformed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dropkick_pride


Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 10805
Location: C-bus
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:
FWIW Mel Kiper said Geno is a late 1 early 2. Glennon IHO will be the first QB taken.


With Reid at the helm, I still won't be shocked if Geno goes #1.


My brother is a big KC fan...

Geno would be great... however The issue we both see is that KC WRs suck... Resigning Bowe is a requirement, but they need more WR talent badly.

I'd also look for them to bring in a FA QB as well... Cassel has failed badly and Quinn is... Well... We already know.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 19693
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:
FWIW Mel Kiper said Geno is a late 1 early 2. Glennon IHO will be the first QB taken.


With Reid at the helm, I still won't be shocked if Geno goes #1.


My brother is a big KC fan...

Geno would be great... however The issue we both see is that KC WRs suck... Resigning Bowe is a requirement, but they need more WR talent badly.

I'd also look for them to bring in a FA QB as well... Cassel has failed badly and Quinn is... Well... We already know.



We'll there are no great WR this year. Bowe will be re-signed now I think. I don't think Baldwin is THAT bad. Moiaki is decent. They have Charles back there.

Offense is pretty solid minus QB right now.

I just think Reid takes Geno to be his next Donovan McNabb
_________________


IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dropkick_pride


Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 10805
Location: C-bus
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
buno67 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
buno67 wrote:
I could see Geno Smith not going #1 and if that happens I see the Browns possibly trading up for him


God i hope not


if that who chip wants, chip gets...I think he could be a good fit for chips offense if we really want to go the dual threat direction


He isn't a dual threat QB though. He couldn't beat Tony Romo in a foot race. Sure, he has some pocket mobility, but so does everyone else in this draft.


You obviously have never seen geno run then...

He is very fast! great athlete! but rarely runs because he is a true pass first QB, and two I think he is afraid to get hit... I think it was the Kansas state game that he took off and ran... He outran the entire field but as soon as the safety got anywhere near him he jumped out of bounds immediately...

NOt a fit for Kelly IMO as it stands, but I do think he can be a great nfl QB given the right offense though...


We shall see. Combine is not far away. The stopwatch doesn't lie.

Outran Kansas State's defense? If that's your frame of reference, I can see why you're misinformed.


Just the most recent example.... You should watch him play, instead of looking at the stat sheet.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dropkick_pride


Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 10805
Location: C-bus
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:
FWIW Mel Kiper said Geno is a late 1 early 2. Glennon IHO will be the first QB taken.


With Reid at the helm, I still won't be shocked if Geno goes #1.


My brother is a big KC fan...

Geno would be great... however The issue we both see is that KC WRs suck... Resigning Bowe is a requirement, but they need more WR talent badly.

I'd also look for them to bring in a FA QB as well... Cassel has failed badly and Quinn is... Well... We already know.



We'll there are no great WR this year. Bowe will be re-signed now I think. I don't think Baldwin is THAT bad. Moiaki is decent. They have Charles back there.

Offense is pretty solid minus QB right now.

I just think Reid takes Geno to be his next Donovan McNabb


Yeah my brother wants geno 1st, and the top rated WR available 2nd and a good dose of FA.... Most everything on the offense side of the ball.

If you want offensive weapons from this draft I think you really have to target your player...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dropkick_pride


Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 10805
Location: C-bus
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Top 5 selections before our pick @ #6 Reply with quote

Some of these are pretty hard to guess, but...

#1 Chiefs Geno Smith

#2 Jaguars Star Lotulelei

#3 Raiders Damontre Moore

#4 Eagles Luke Joeckel

#5 Lions Barkevious Mingo(?)
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
malibuspeedrace


Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 13953
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Top 5 selections before our pick @ #6 Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Some of these are pretty hard to guess, but...

#1 Chiefs Geno Smith

#2 Jaguars Star Lotulelei

#3 Raiders Damontre Moore

#4 Eagles Luke Joeckel

#5 Lions Barkevious Mingo(?)


If that is the case TRADE DOWN to a team willing to pay up for Teo
_________________
ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
Can't believe I'm saying this, but go OSU.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
candyman93


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 41511
Location: The Man, The Myth, The Legend El Ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 Chiefs Geno Smith - Start with a franchise QB for Reid

#2 Jaguars Bjeorn Werner - Badly need a pass rush

#3 Raiders Star Lotulelei - Need some help at DT with Seymour likely to be gone

#4 Eagles Luke Joeckel - Him and Peters give Foles bookend protection

#5 Lions Damontre Moore - I think they lose KVB and Avril
_________________

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
It'll be a cold day in hell when I read a thread title.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group