Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Another Mock? Yes, another Mock.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerica

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:52 am    Post subject: Another Mock? Yes, another Mock. Reply with quote

Don't kill me please Smile. Let me know what you like and what you don't!

Gone
Patrick Brown T
Chris Clemons S
Jeron Mastrud TE
Tony McDaniel DT
Sean Smith CB
RJ Stanford CB
Nolan Carroll CB
Richie Incognito G
Kyle Miller TE
Dimitri Patterson CB
Dan Carpenter K
Jake Long T
Tyrone Culver S
Jason Trusnik OLB
Julian Posey CB
Chas Alexcih DT
Armon Binns WR
Anthony Fasano TE
Austin Spitler LB

Back
Jonathon Amaya S
Reggie Bush RB
Pat Devlin QB
Nate Garner T
Brian Hartline WR
Bryan McCann CB
Marlon Moore WR
Randy Starks DT
Matt Moore QB

FREE AGENCY
Mike Wallace WR
Andy Levitre G
Derek Cox CB
Kenny Phillips S
Dustin Keller TE

DRAFT
1. Johnthan Banks CB
2. Lane Johnson OT
2. Corey Lemonier DE
3. Ryan Swope WR
3. Omoregie Uzzi OG
4. Terry Hawthorne CB
5. Jelani Jenkins OLB
6. Michael Buchanan DE
7. Reggie Dunn WR

2013-14 DEPTH CHART

WR: Hartline - Matthews - Dunn
LT: Martin - Yeatman
LG: Levitre - Garner
C: Pouncey - Samuda
RG: Uzzi - Garner
RT: Johnson - Jerry
TE: Keller - Clay - Egnew
WR: Bess - Swope
WR: Wallace - Moore
QB: Tannehill - Moore - Devlin
RB: Bush - Miller - Thomas
FB: Lane

LDE: Lemonier - Shelby - Buchanan
DT: Starks - Odrick
DT: Soliai - Randhall
RDE: Wake - Vernon
LOLB: Burnett - Freeny
MLB: Dansby - Kaddu
ROLB: Misi - Jenkins
CB: Cox - Hawthorne - McCann
CB: Banks - Marshall
S: Phillips - Wilson
S: Jones - Amaya

K: Kaeding
P: Fields
KR: Thigpen
PR: Bess

Red=Free Agent / Blue=Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the free agency pick ups ambitious maybe but nice.

I would keep hold of trusnik (good special teamer)

I would try and keep hold of Patterson if he reduces his contract he looked ok at Browns and in limited action.

As for the draft i like the Johnson and Obviously the Banks pick ups.

^^^Kempes^^^
Dalunatic16

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No lie, I was going to make another mock almost exact to this.

Except I was going to go Alex Okafor in the second. I dont really know to much on Lemonier. I love Banks.

Swope would also be nice to have if we go four wide. Wallace and Hartline on the outside with Bess and Swope working the middle.

You filled every need pretty well. Pass rusher. Couple of very good CBs. An upgrade at safety, guard, and tackle. And of course getting a free agent reciever and also drafting one.
dolphinologist

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a small philosophical issue with the draft portion of the offseason.
As far as talent goes, your draft says that you believe that it is more important to have talent at DB than talent at DE ...

To me, defensively WRs are meant to covered for 5 mississippi tops .... The pressure is on the DE to get there before that.

That's just my long way of saying I'd go DE in the 1st and CB in 2nd.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
mountainpd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:
As far as talent goes, your draft says that you believe that it is more important to have talent at DB than talent at DE ...

To me, defensively WRs are meant to covered for 5 mississippi tops .... The pressure is on the DE to get there before that.

Love the explanation I agree would rather go DE in 1st and CB in 2nd.

Jordan
Moore
Werner
Ansah

One of them will be on the board.

^^^Kempes^^^
Russ57

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other side of the coin is 3 step drops and quick screens. You know, what the Pats do. Brady doesn't like to get hit but most teams have better luck pulling LB'ers and subbing DB's against them.

To me it all depends on who is there. Based on what I saw last night I put Milliner and Banks ahead of Jordan. Plus I don't think Sean Smith is worth the contract he thinks he might deserve. Or to put it another way.....I'd rather draft two CB's than pay Smith top ten CB money.

Still hoping Bills and Jets take QB's, other teams take the top DT's, meaning Werner is there.
mountainpd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russ57 wrote:
Other side of the coin is 3 step drops and quick screens. You know, what the Pats do. Brady doesn't like to get hit but most teams have better luck pulling LB'ers and subbing DB's against them.

To me it all depends on who is there. Based on what I saw last night I put Milliner and Banks ahead of Jordan. Plus I don't think Sean Smith is worth the contract he thinks he might deserve. Or to put it another way.....I'd rather draft two CB's than pay Smith top ten CB money.

Still hoping Bills and Jets take QB's, other teams take the top DT's, meaning Werner is there.

A good free agency will allow us to take BPA at top of draft. Cox should be a big target whether Smith prices himself out or not.

^^^Kempes^^^
Dalunatic16

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if we should either smith or cox. That way we can go milliner or banks in the first to give us a pretty good tandem. I'd prefer Cox but i dont mind keeping Smith.
Emerica

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mountainpd wrote:
I love the free agency pick ups ambitious maybe but nice.

I would keep hold of trusnik (good special teamer)

I would try and keep hold of Patterson if he reduces his contract he looked ok at Browns and in limited action.

As for the draft i like the Johnson and Obviously the Banks pick ups.

I tried to find a way to fit Trusnik (and Spitler) in my 53 man roster but it's pretty hard to judge who deserves to be on the roster when it's fictional and I'd look pretty bad if I cut one of the rookies I just drafted Razz. I guess I could add those rookies to the practice squad but I didn't really take the time to do that.

And for Patterson, I too would like to keep him if he's alright to restructure that contract. I'd probably keep him over McCann if he actually did.

Dalunatic16 wrote:
No lie, I was going to make another mock almost exact to this.

Except I was going to go Alex Okafor in the second. I dont really know to much on Lemonier. I love Banks.

Swope would also be nice to have if we go four wide. Wallace and Hartline on the outside with Bess and Swope working the middle.

You filled every need pretty well. Pass rusher. Couple of very good CBs. An upgrade at safety, guard, and tackle. And of course getting a free agent reciever and also drafting one.

Great minds think alike. Smile

I would absolutely love to get Okafor in the 2nd aswell but with his 4 sack bowl game, I doubt he slips past the 1st. If he did than I'd be all in for him over Lemonier.

dolphinologist wrote:

I just find it hard to pass on the Jim Thorpe award winner when CB is one of the biggest needs. I think the gap between Banks/Milliner and the second round CBs is bigger than the gap between Ansah/Jordan/Mingo and second round DEs. I'd definitly endorse taking a DE in the first if he's the BPA (Werner or Moore falling) but really it's a tossup between CB and DE so whichever way we go I'd be perfectly fine with it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the draft, but I think Swope is redundant. What exactly does he do that Hartline and Bess do not? I think Hartline is a better all around Bess, Bess is a specialized slot/3rd down guy. Swope is a slot/3rd down guy. I think if you go WR you are better off going with a guy who is 6'2-6'4 and brings a different dynamic to the offense. Cobi Hamilton, Aaron Dobson and Jordan Matthews are those types that can be found in the mid rounds.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
mountainpd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphan9954 wrote:
I like the draft, but I think Swope is redundant. What exactly does he do that Hartline and Bess do not? I think Hartline is a better all around Bess, Bess is a specialized slot/3rd down guy. Swope is a slot/3rd down guy. I think if you go WR you are better off going with a guy who is 6'2-6'4 and brings a different dynamic to the offense. Cobi Hamilton, Aaron Dobson and Jordan Matthews are those types that can be found in the mid rounds.

I've started watching some games of Wheaton and Patton and very impressed with Patton especially considering how low he has been projected to go in most mocks.

Got a lot to watch so my opinion may change.

^^^Kempes^^^
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were you playing Madden??? lol. I would love this offseason if it happened. I think the addition of Wallace and Keller on the offense takes it to an elite status. Cox I believe will be in Miami. The only thing I would do is draft Dion Jordan DE in 1st and Jordan Poyer CB in 2nd

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mountainpd wrote:
dolphinologist wrote:

Jordan
Moore
Werner
Ansah

What if the CB on the board he drafted is the better player? He did draft one of the better DEs in the 2nd round.

UniversalAuthor
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't hate it. I really like the Levitre and Phillips signing. I also like Dustin Keller as well.

The draft was decent but Do you really think Lemonier will fall to the 2nd? If so we are looking at one of the better DEs for a steal.

UniversalAuthor
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blagasse67 wrote:
mountainpd wrote:
dolphinologist wrote:

Jordan
Moore
Werner
Ansah

What if the CB on the board he drafted is the better player? He did draft one of the better DEs in the 2nd round.

DE is very deep this year so in that sense it's not that bad. Traditionally I am a DE>CB guy, but this year CB isn't as deep as DE.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: