Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jrry32 Another Take Mock Off-Season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
I just think their styles are different, while Austin is more fluid and smooth much like a runningback... Woods has more violent cuts from having to run outside receiver routes. Both are very good in what they do and I honestly think depending on how they are used with their respective teams in the slot (if that is where Woods is used) Woods could have just as much if not more success. Austin however will clearly have more success with YAC in hid career but that is because of the way he will be used in the NFL as opposed to Woods.

Again my arguement isnt who is better it is by how much.

That being said, I would prefer Woods in the slot and that has little do with with where he is from.

And my argument is that if you want to talk overall slot skills, you can make an argument that it's preference. Woods is a smooth route runner with better speed than most expect and good hands. I have no doubt he can be effective in the slot.

But in terms of YAC ability, it's not close. Woods is solid. He'll make some plays after the catch. But Austin is elite. He makes guys look silly and can make plays with the ball in his hands that you only see from the elite of the elite. And he does it on a regular basis.

It isn't even close as to who is more dangerous with the ball in their hands. Night and day difference.

I personally prefer Austin because I think he offers the big play ability and YAC skills out of the slot that we lack. I can understand if someone prefers Woods's steady, polished play instead. But in terms of YAC, like I've said, it's not even remotely close.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats fair.
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting Kenny Phillips would be great for us. I'm not sure about getting two WR's in the first. Austin would be great in the slot or a #2 guy and Williams would be the #1 we need. I really want Warmack, but so does everyone else.

Clearly. I joined this site in 2005 to talk movies.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: