Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jrry32 Another Take Mock Off-Season
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject: Jrry32 Another Take Mock Off-Season Reply with quote

Alright guys, I figured I'd do another mock with a different take on how things could go:
Re-sign
Robert Turner
William Hayes
Joe Barksdale
Wayne Hunter
Darian Stewart
Jermelle Cudjo

Cuts
Quintin Mikell
Wayne Hunter

NFL Free Agency(Major Free Agents)

Andy Levitre LG
Expected Contract: 16 million over 4 years with 8 million guaranteed

Kenny Phillips FS/SS
Expected Contract: 20 million over 5 years with 8 million guaranteed

NFL Draft
Round 1 Pick #16 - Terrance Williams WR Baylor
Explanation: Williams is my #1 ranked WR in this draft. He has explosive vertical speed, strong hands and great field awareness. He is the outside the numbers threat that we've been yearning for and a WR who is both a threat in the red-zone and out of it.

Round 1 Pick #22 - Tavon Austin WR West Virginia
Explanation: Another WR in the 1st? Yep, lets give Sam the weapons that he deserves. And Austin is the definition of a weapon. He's an explosive player out of the slot with moves in space reminiscent of Barry Sanders. He's also capable of burning CBs deep. He's the ultimate mismatch and the ultimate play-maker. Will also contribute on returns.

Round 2 Pick #16 - Alec Ogletree OLB Georgia
Explanation: Ogletree is an elite athlete at OLB with the cover skills to match. He's a first round talent who could fall to the second due to character concerns. Ogletree also struggles taking on and fighting off blocks but he's only been at ILB for two years so he might be able to improve that. He has the size, cover skills and athleticism to be an All Pro caliber player.

Round 3 Pick #16 - Kyle Long OT/OG Oregon
Explanation: I trust Boudreau and this is the type of player that Boudreau dreams of. Long has great size at 6'7" 310 with more room to add weight on his frame, he's an elite athlete possessing LT feet and long arms. He has it all as an OL prospect, the only things he lacks are experience and technique. His technique will improve with NFL coaching as will his experience with time. There are some character concerns as well but I don't see it being a major issue. Who doesn't need some sibling rivalry in the trenches for the Rams?

Round 4 Pick #16 - Gavin Escobar TE San Diego State
Explanation: Escobar is big, athletic and has strong hands. He has a lot of potential as a move TE in our offense and could be a great red-zone weapon for Sam with his size and catch radius.

Round 5 Pick #16 - Earl Wolff S NC State

Round 6 Pick #16 - Dennis Johnson HB Arkansas

Round 7 Pick #16 - Jasper Collins WR Mount Union

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Hoj398

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like this, but I'm not sure if Phillips will see free agency, granted i haven't kept up with his status with the team.

And id rather grab a Barret Jones or Dj Fluker in the draft instead of Tavon Austin
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoj398 wrote:
i like this, but I'm not sure if Phillips will see free agency, granted i haven't kept up with his status with the team.

And id rather grab a Barret Jones or Dj Fluker in the draft instead of Tavon Austin

We have no idea who will see free agency at this stage. His contract is up so I'm just taking a shot in the dark.

Pass on Fluker. And Jones, imo, is an OG or C in the NFL. After signing Levitre, it's not a need. While he could be a solid RT, the guy will be a great interior OL. A solid RT is not worth a first.

In fact, there are very few players I'd take over Tavon in the late 1st especially if Danny walks. He's going to be a real monster if used correctly.

Flatlyner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. It would theorectically give our offense a boost. I'm not as sold on Williams as you, particularly with our earliest pick. Just seems to be a really deep WR class. To overdraft WR in the 1st round defeats its strength, which is that it is deep but without high end prospects.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
Interesting. It would theorectically give our offense a boost. I'm not as sold on Williams as you, particularly with our earliest pick. Just seems to be a really deep WR class. To overdraft WR in the 1st round defeats its strength, which is that it is deep but without high end prospects.

It doesn't bother me if a pick is labeled a "reach" or "over-drafted". Some said Russell Wilson was a reach. I care about grabbing successful players. I am very very confident that Terrance Williams is going to be a successful NFL WR. I love his skill-set. Think he can be the #1 we need.

I'm not trying to bother with trades right now. A trade down is something worth considering but I'd have no reservations about taking Williams at #16.

In 3 years time, no one cares who the reaches were. They care who panned out and who didn't.

Ignore27Me

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been waiting for someone to do a mock where Danny does not get re-signed. I like this a lot, especially the first 5 picks in the draft. How would you feel about letting Danny walk? The chemistry is amazing, but it does not mean a thing if he is not on the field.
Ramsfan28

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I've had Phillips going to the Rams for awhile now. I think he will see free agency, and he's a very good fit for the system in St. Louis. Pairing him with a rookie, then having Stewart being depth would be great (unless Stewart steps it up, of course)

My only con...I don't see two WR's in the first. Yes, Sam needs weapons, but I really think he only needs 1. Givens has been a great deep threat, Kendricks is evolving into a threat as a receiving tight end, Pettis has been showing up as an endzone threat, Gibson still has consistency issues but when he is on...he's on. And then of course, there is Danny. Also, there is still Brian Quick, who has shown flashes. My obvious choice for the guy to get the boot is Snail Man. Other than that, I guess it would be between Pettis and Gibson, which will end up fighting it out anyway. I think if the Rams do go receiver, it will be a high pick, then a low pick to battle it out in camp.

Personally, I feel there will be lots of safety talent and OLB talent falling in the late first round. Also, I still think the Rams have pretty good odds of catching Warmack at 16. I'd rather see Warmack/Williams, or Williams/Mingo (or Elam). I really wish I knew more about Austin though...the one time I got to see him play was the borefest which was Syracuse vs. West Virginia, where I was considering just playing Yakety Sax as the background music as WV was trying to form an offensive attack.

Adopt-a-Ram
CB Janoris Jenkins
9 TKL, 1 FF

ViolentMonk71 wrote:

We're football fans...reactionary, delusional, and passionate...
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramsfan28 wrote:
Honestly, I've had Phillips going to the Rams for awhile now. I think he will see free agency, and he's a very good fit for the system in St. Louis. Pairing him with a rookie, then having Stewart being depth would be great (unless Stewart steps it up, of course)

My only con...I don't see two WR's in the first. Yes, Sam needs weapons, but I really think he only needs 1. Givens has been a great deep threat, Kendricks is evolving into a threat as a receiving tight end, Pettis has been showing up as an endzone threat, Gibson still has consistency issues but when he is on...he's on. And then of course, there is Danny. Also, there is still Brian Quick, who has shown flashes. My obvious choice for the guy to get the boot is Snail Man. Other than that, I guess it would be between Pettis and Gibson, which will end up fighting it out anyway. I think if the Rams do go receiver, it will be a high pick, then a low pick to battle it out in camp.

Danny and Gibson are both FAs. I let them walk.

Quote:
Personally, I feel there will be lots of safety talent and OLB talent falling in the late first round. Also, I still think the Rams have pretty good odds of catching Warmack at 16. I'd rather see Warmack/Williams, or Williams/Mingo (or Elam). I really wish I knew more about Austin though...the one time I got to see him play was the borefest which was Syracuse vs. West Virginia, where I was considering just playing Yakety Sax as the background music as WV was trying to form an offensive attack.

My issue is that I don't think any of the safeties are worth taking in the late 1st.

As for Austin, he's awesome. Just the only way to really describe him. He truly reminds me of Barry Sanders at times with the moves he can make, you'll see very few guys like him. Plus, he has explosive speed...will be surprised if he doesn't clock a 4.3.

Here are a few vids:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxzPryPMB74
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q3UOd9_Tkw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd8Y-PLYi7M

StLunatic88

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Hoj398 wrote:

We have no idea who will see free agency at this stage. His contract is up so I'm just taking a shot in the dark.
Ive been digging into Phillips recently. In 2010 & 2011 he was great, one of the best looking Up & Comers at the Safety spot. This year he has been plagued by injuries and had a down year. He was even out played by Stevie Brown, and it seems to be split on who and for how much the Giants would be willing to bring him back at.

I think he gets to the market, unlike most of these safeties, due to the Giants taking the same approach as before (offering a fair $, 1 year prove it deal). I think we can get him though.
Wr80

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it man, with an addition to two WRs we now start to put the weapons any QB needs. Not just Bradford. Thank you and I hope this happens but knowing we need BPA, this won't happen unless they truly the BPA on their board at the time.
Emcee

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Mikell owed too much money? Why does everyone want to cut him? He did well the latter part of the season.
ctp2124

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emcee wrote:
Is Mikell owed too much money? Why does everyone want to cut him? He did well the latter part of the season.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I think we save 6M if we cut him.

Props to mike23md

Supporter of Mohammed Sanu and Lavonte David to the Rams
JLaurinaitis_55

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a side note, i had a dream last night that Danny Amendola was playing for the Bengals next year

Welcome to St. Louis Robinson, Donald, Joyner, Gaines, Alexander, Mason, and Sam
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLaurinaitis_55 wrote:
On a side note, i had a dream last night that Danny Amendola was playing for the Bengals next year

Gross.

I'm pretty sure they have a slot/return guy they are pretty happy with though (Hawkins).

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
Brodie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PHILLIPS!!! I wanted him bad in the draft when he came out

Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: