Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Mock Offseason
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 60748
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big44dog wrote:
Off season mocks, a chance to get out of the doldrums of this playoff run so we can get back to hating each other again! Thanks turtle

I like the mock, love Lattimore but not sure he's a zone fit, ol ball coach runs a lot of power stuff.
Also, there's one position I don't want to neglect 2 offseasons in a row. D-Line. Carriker coming back from injury, Bowen and Coefield aren't old but why wait until they are? Just a spot I don't see them slacking off on.
i hear ya, but where do I fit that in?

IMO, just like WR and TE that can wait I'll next year. I think we need to focus on our biggest trouble spots this offseason so we can continue to build the best team for our future.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
óDays until: NFL Draft 23; Training camp 99
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 60748
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
S. Taylor wrote:
IMO, Marcus Lattimore will go a lot higher than people expect.
Drew Rosenhaus will work the same magic that he did for Willis McGahee.


I like the mock, though.
I don't know anything about the players selected after Round 4 (outside of Latimore) but I like the positions that are targeted.


Lattimore is a good RB but he was not the talent Willis McGahee was when he was at Miami. McGahee was one of the most dominant college rushers I've ever seen. Lattimore was a fringe first round pick-early second round pick before the injury, he will most likely go anywhere from the 4th to the 7th and I wouldn't be shocked if he went completely undrafted.
I think McGahee was a more explosive RB ala CP but Lattimore is the bigger tougher of the two. It's tough to compare their styles.

The reason McGahee was going to go higher is because a decade ago teams drafted RBs higher in the draft more often than not. Now the position has become more of a second round and below position.

Lattimore (before his back to back injuries) has been known to be the first RB that would be taken off the board in this draft since he was a freshman. You can't say that of too many freshman running backs in college, maybe... Barry Sanders, Adrian Peterson, Trent Richardson...

Lattimore was always going to be a top 20 pick before his knee and leg injuries. He was a not a fringe 1st round pick before he tore his acl.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
óDays until: NFL Draft 23; Training camp 99
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 60748
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike23md. I took your advice and posted a different mock offseason on a blog.

Here it is. Comment if you'd like- http://blogsohardsports.com/uncategorized/2013-washington-redskins-mock-offseason/
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
óDays until: NFL Draft 23; Training camp 99
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mike23md


Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 7538
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See, I think that Aboushi could start at RT from day one, which would mean that we wouldn't need Ryan Harris. A second round prospect should be on the short list of starting his rookie year.
_________________

2014 FFMD Redskins Assistant to the General Manager
2014 NFL Mock Draft
REDSKINS WAR ROOM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 60748
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
See, I think that Aboushi could start at RT from day one, which would mean that we wouldn't need Ryan Harris. A second round prospect should be on the short list of starting his rookie year.
nothing wrong with depth Mike23 and whomever is ready would start. I think with Shanahan's comfort level with Harris and how he played in the past for him and this year for Kubiak, that he'd win the job at first.

Again. Free agency is first mike. We'd "first" sign Harris to be the replacement for Jamaal Brown and hopefully Polumbus and then we'd draft a RT also who could be our starter day 1, but that's not a given just because he was drafted in round 2. Wink
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
óDays until: NFL Draft 23; Training camp 99
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mike23md


Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 7538
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2nd round pick could be used on other areas of greater need if we sign Ryan Harris.

Xavier Nixon in the 5th could be a development, or Tom Compton may be something the Shanahans want to develop behind him.

Aboushi would be a waste of a pick if you all ready committed to Ryan Harris and then didnt address another area that needs a quality player.
_________________

2014 FFMD Redskins Assistant to the General Manager
2014 NFL Mock Draft
REDSKINS WAR ROOM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 60748
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
The 2nd round pick could be used on other areas of greater need if we sign Ryan Harris.

Xavier Nixon in the 5th could be a development, or Tom Compton may be something the Shanahans want to develop behind him.

Aboushi would be a waste of a pick if you all ready committed to Ryan Harris and then didnt address another area that needs a quality player.
who would you draft then?

Aboushi is the future, Harris is a stop gap incase Aboushi isn't ready to start day 1. That's the perfect set up for our present and future at Rt... Why do you not agree every 2nd round pick I propose, when in your mocks you put similar guys there. Confused It's not just about next year, its about the future too Mike. A lot of 2nd round picks don't start year 1 buddy.

We need to protect Griffin. Harris has back injury history, he missed most of 2010 and all of 2011 becsuse of a disc problem in his back. Imo We'd need more than just late round picks who need a few years to develop behind Harris or Polumbus.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
óDays until: NFL Draft 23; Training camp 99
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mike23md


Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 7538
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
The 2nd round pick could be used on other areas of greater need if we sign Ryan Harris.

Xavier Nixon in the 5th could be a development, or Tom Compton may be something the Shanahans want to develop behind him.

Aboushi would be a waste of a pick if you all ready committed to Ryan Harris and then didnt address another area that needs a quality player.
who would you draft then?

Aboushi is the future, Harris is a stop gap incase Aboushi isn't ready to start day 1. That's the perfect set up for our present and future at Rt... Why do you not agree every 2nd round pick I propose, when in your mocks you put similar guys there. Confused It's not just about next year, its about the future too Mike. A lot of 2nd round picks don't start year 1 buddy.

We need to protect Griffin. Harris has back injury history, he missed most of 2010 and all of 2011 becsuse of a disc problem in his back. Imo We'd need more than just late round picks who need a few years to develop behind Harris or Polumbus.


First of all, Polumbus has played pretty well this year and could retain the starting role. In which case I could see the reason for drafting a RT early. This years talent class for OT is actually quite good. And if Aboushi is not there and the Shanny's want to pursue a tackle in the draft, they could get Brennan Williams from NC, Lane Johnson from Oklahoma, Ricky Wagner from Wisconsin, Alex Hurst from LSU, Cyril Richardson from Baylor, Seantral Henderson from Miami, D.J. Fluker could fall to us, although he projects to be a better NFL guard than tackle.

I am saying that if we are going to pick a OT at the 2nd round, he should be somewhat polished and be able to beat out Ryan Harris or Tyler Polumbus for the starting gig. Isnt the common theme that round 3-5 is where you find your starters? Rounds 1 and 2 are your playmakers? Rounds 6-7 are your developments?

Here is a question for you:

With our RB position the way it is, do you select a RB in round 2?
_________________

2014 FFMD Redskins Assistant to the General Manager
2014 NFL Mock Draft
REDSKINS WAR ROOM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mike23md


Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 7538
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, who would I draft for the Skins?

you can find that here www.maestromock.com

I would draft a S because of the simple fact that any S in free agency are going to be somewhat expensive, and getting a young prospect in the 2nd round would be ideal because of cost and youth.

To me that S is Tony Jefferson or D.J. Swearinger. In my mock Swearinger is a 4th round prospect, but watching the bowl game and his highlights, he plays lights out football and would be a great addition in the secondary. He would give that S presence that we have not had since Landry left.
_________________

2014 FFMD Redskins Assistant to the General Manager
2014 NFL Mock Draft
REDSKINS WAR ROOM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 60748
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://blogsohardsports.com/redskins/2013-washington-redskins-mock-offseason/

Now it is an official blog at blogsohardsports.com Cool

Feel free to check it out and comment
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
óDays until: NFL Draft 23; Training camp 99
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dro


Joined: 28 Dec 2010
Posts: 375
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: 1st crack at a 2013 Mock Offseason Reply with quote

2013 Re-signs/restructure:

1. Re-sign Rob Jackson

2. Franchise Fred Davis

3. Re-sign Lorenzo Alexander

3. Re- Sign Kory L to a long term deal

4. Re-sign Chris Baker to be our back up NT

5. Re-sign Kedric Golston

6. Tender Restricted Free Agents Darrel Young and Logan Paulsen

7. Restructure Santana Moss and DeAngelo Hall to create cap room to add free agents

9. Cut Jamaal Brown after June 1st

2013 Free Agency:

1. Sign Aqib Talib and have him start outside across from Wilson and move hall to nickle after restructured contract.

2. Sign Ryan Harris to compete with Oday and Compton

3. Sign Richard Seymour to Small contract.


2013 NFL Draft:

2) Oday Aboushi, OT, Virginia
3) David Amerson*, CB/S, N.C. State (His stock is falling BAD)
4) Leon McFadden, CB, San Diego State
5) Nico Johnson, ILB, Alabama
5) Kenjon Barner RB, Oregon
6) Ray Ray Armstrong, S, Faulkner University
7) Brad Wing, P, LSU

2013 Roster:

Qb: RG3, Cousins
Rb: Morris, Helu, Barner
FB: Young
Te: Davis, Paulsen, Paul
Wr: Garcon, Morgan, Moss, Hankerson, Briscoe, Robinson
LT: TWilliams, Compton
Lg: Kory L, Hurt
C: Montgomery, LeRibeus
Rg: Chester, Gettis
Rt: Harris, Aboushi

(25)

Rde: Bowen, Golston. Seymour
Nt: Cofield, Baker, Neild
Lde: Carriker, Jenkins

Rolb: Orakpo, Jackson
Rilb: Fletcher, Robinson
Lilb: Riley, Nico Johnson
Lolb: Kerrigan, Alexander

Cb: Talib , Hall, Wilson, McFadden , Crawford
SS: Meriweather, Armstrong
FS: Jackson , Amerson

(25)

Kr: Barner
PR: Crawford/Barner
K: Forbath
LS: Sundberg
P: Wing

(3)

Practice squad:

1. Chase Minifield, CB
2. Jordan Bernstein, DB
3. Anunoby, Chigbo DL
4. Boyle, Pat G
5. Jordan Rodgers, QB, Vanderbilt
6. ??????
_________________
In Shanny I Trust
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 60748
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
The 2nd round pick could be used on other areas of greater need if we sign Ryan Harris.

Xavier Nixon in the 5th could be a development, or Tom Compton may be something the Shanahans want to develop behind him.

Aboushi would be a waste of a pick if you all ready committed to Ryan Harris and then didnt address another area that needs a quality player.
who would you draft then?

Aboushi is the future, Harris is a stop gap incase Aboushi isn't ready to start day 1. That's the perfect set up for our present and future at Rt... Why do you not agree every 2nd round pick I propose, when in your mocks you put similar guys there. Confused It's not just about next year, its about the future too Mike. A lot of 2nd round picks don't start year 1 buddy.

We need to protect Griffin. Harris has back injury history, he missed most of 2010 and all of 2011 becsuse of a disc problem in his back. Imo We'd need more than just late round picks who need a few years to develop behind Harris or Polumbus.


First of all, Polumbus has played pretty well this year and could retain the starting role. In which case I could see the reason for drafting a RT early. This years talent class for OT is actually quite good. And if Aboushi is not there and the Shanny's want to pursue a tackle in the draft, they could get Brennan Williams from NC, Lane Johnson from Oklahoma, Ricky Wagner from Wisconsin, Alex Hurst from LSU, Cyril Richardson from Baylor, Seantral Henderson from Miami, D.J. Fluker could fall to us, although he projects to be a better NFL guard than tackle.

I am saying that if we are going to pick a OT at the 2nd round, he should be somewhat polished and be able to beat out Ryan Harris or Tyler Polumbus for the starting gig. Isnt the common theme that round 3-5 is where you find your starters? Rounds 1 and 2 are your playmakers? Rounds 6-7 are your developments?

Here is a question for you:

With our RB position the way it is, do you select a RB in round 2?
in the second round you want your pick at the least "competing" to be a starter. You'd rather not them have to start, you'd rather your holes be filled in past years and throught free agency- meaning you don't need your second round pick to start.

I successfully did that with our additions throught free agency to the team and with what we already had Coming back.

So it's a great thing that our second round pick I had us taking whether it was going or be a safety or a tackle was Going to have to be in a tough competition for the starting job and might not get it. That's exactly what I did bro! Cool
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
óDays until: NFL Draft 23; Training camp 99
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 60748
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
Also, who would I draft for the Skins?

you can find that here www.maestromock.com

I would draft a S because of the simple fact that any S in free agency are going to be somewhat expensive, and getting a young prospect in the 2nd round would be ideal because of cost and youth.

To me that S is Tony Jefferson or D.J. Swearinger. In my mock Swearinger is a 4th round prospect, but watching the bowl game and his highlights, he plays lights out football and would be a great addition in the secondary. He would give that S presence that we have not had since Landry left.
i like what you did of course. We've been on the same Page all offseason on that. I'd just like to get a veteran FS and add a young one at the same time! Wink

Lets be honest, we need two new free safeties in this offseason if we really want our secondary to improve. Any reasonable fan would know that. I'm glad you do.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
óDays until: NFL Draft 23; Training camp 99
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 60748
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: 1st crack at a 2013 Mock Offseason Reply with quote

Dro wrote:
2013 Re-signs/restructure:

1. Re-sign Rob Jackson

2. Franchise Fred Davis

3. Re-sign Lorenzo Alexander

3. Re- Sign Kory L to a long term deal

4. Re-sign Chris Baker to be our back up NT

5. Re-sign Kedric Golston

6. Tender Restricted Free Agents Darrel Young and Logan Paulsen

7. Restructure Santana Moss and DeAngelo Hall to create cap room to add free agents

9. Cut Jamaal Brown after June 1st

2013 Free Agency:

1. Sign Aqib Talib and have him start outside across from Wilson and move hall to nickle after restructured contract.

2. Sign Ryan Harris to compete with Oday and Compton

3. Sign Richard Seymour to Small contract.


2013 NFL Draft:

2) Oday Aboushi, OT, Virginia
3) David Amerson*, CB/S, N.C. State (His stock is falling BAD)
4) Leon McFadden, CB, San Diego State
5) Nico Johnson, ILB, Alabama
5) Kenjon Barner RB, Oregon
6) Ray Ray Armstrong, S, Faulkner University
7) Brad Wing, P, LSU

2013 Roster:

Qb: RG3, Cousins
Rb: Morris, Helu, Barner
FB: Young
Te: Davis, Paulsen, Paul
Wr: Garcon, Morgan, Moss, Hankerson, Briscoe, Robinson
LT: TWilliams, Compton
Lg: Kory L, Hurt
C: Montgomery, LeRibeus
Rg: Chester, Gettis
Rt: Harris, Aboushi

(25)

Rde: Bowen, Golston. Seymour
Nt: Cofield, Baker, Neild
Lde: Carriker, Jenkins

Rolb: Orakpo, Jackson
Rilb: Fletcher, Robinson
Lilb: Riley, Nico Johnson
Lolb: Kerrigan, Alexander

Cb: Talib , Hall, Wilson, McFadden , Crawford
SS: Meriweather, Armstrong
FS: Jackson , Amerson

(25)

Kr: Barner
PR: Crawford/Barner
K: Forbath
LS: Sundberg
P: Wing

(3)

Practice squad:

1. Chase Minifield, CB
2. Jordan Bernstein, DB
3. Anunoby, Chigbo DL
4. Boyle, Pat G
5. Jordan Rodgers, QB, Vanderbilt
6. ??????
i really really like that! Question though, if you are going to sign Richard Seymour, shouldn't you not re-sign Kedric Golston?
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
óDays until: NFL Draft 23; Training camp 99
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dro


Joined: 28 Dec 2010
Posts: 375
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: 1st crack at a 2013 Mock Offseason Reply with quote

[/quote]i really really like that! Question though, if you are going to sign Richard Seymour, shouldn't you not re-sign Kedric Golston?[/quote]

Dline depth sir.
_________________
In Shanny I Trust
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group