Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Mock Offseason
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, Marcus Lattimore will go a lot higher than people expect.
Drew Rosenhaus will work the same magic that he did for Willis McGahee.

I like the mock, though.
I don't know anything about the players selected after Round 4 (outside of Latimore) but I like the positions that are targeted.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. Taylor wrote:

I like the mock, though.
I don't know anything about the players selected after Round 4 (outside of Latimore) but I like the positions that are targeted.
Thanks S. Taylor. Hey, have you been in the wizards forum lately?

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Macho Man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to draft a right tackle and a free safety. Polumbus is OK but could be upgraded and Williams at free safety is absolutely horrible. Hopefully Gettis and Leribrues can make some good strides next season. We need to try to find a viable return man cause Banks is as good as gone and Niles Paul isn't cutting it either. I would love to draft Denard Robinson for a returner and maybe we could use him on some gadgets in the offense like we tried with Banks. I don't think this is a deep draft class so Im actually all for trading picks for future picks or tradin picks for players. Lattimore probably wont happen for us though unless he is sittin there real late I leave him alone. My dream would be somehow landin Percy Harvin to replace an aging Moss, I think our offense would explode but I doubt that actually happens either but I can dream.

One thing as a member of the fanbase I wish we would do more often is take some chances on players that have character issues instead of letting them go to someone else. My point is this: In the 3rd round we took Leribruis and he may turn into a serviceable player which in the 3rd round is in most situations all you can ask for or we could have taken Vontaze Burcifit who wasn't even drafted because of character issues and is lookin like a pro bowl player in the next season or two. If Burcifit was a good character guy he should have been drafted in the 3rd or higher and we would already have someone to take over for Fletcher when the ageless one calls it quits.

To make a long story longer Im sayin if the Honeybadger Tyron Matthieu is sitting there when we pick we gotta take him. That kid can play and will make some team look like a genius, hopefully its us
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macho Man wrote:
We need to draft a right tackle and a free safety.
i have us signing a Rt who fits this scheme (Ryan Harris) and drafting a Tackle who fits the zbs scheme. (Kyle Long) we also still have Tom Compton and bring back Polumbus to compete for the spot again. I have us signing a FS in free agency and drafting one to develop. So... I covered that. Wink

Quote:
Polumbus is OK but could be upgraded and Williams at free safety is absolutely horrible. Hopefully Gettis and Leribrues can make some good strides next season.
agreed, and i did. Wink

Quote:
We need to try to find a viable return man cause Banks is as good as gone and Niles Paul isn't cutting it either. I would love to draft Denard Robinson for a returner and maybe we could use him on some gadgets in the offense like we tried with Banks.
Roy Helu can be a good kick off returner and kick off returners really don't have much of a role in the game anymore.

Richard Crawford has proven to be a great punt returner.

I also have us drafting Boyce from TCU who runs a 4.4, he could possibly return and is a real wr, unlike Denard Robinson. We also have Aldrick Robinson who runs a sub 4.4 and he could do returns also.

Quote:
I don't think this is a deep draft class so Im actually all for trading picks for future picks or trading picks for players.
I think this class is deepest in the position we need to address the most. I'd only trade our picks this year for future picks of it was a deal that was too good to pass up. We don't even have a 1st round pick though, so I'm not really in favor of trading our 2nd or 3rd away.

Quote:
Lattimore probably wont happen for us though unless he is sittin there real late I leave him alone.
that's exactly what i have us doing in this mock offseason... Confused Did you read what i did?

Quote:
My dream would be somehow landin Percy Harvin to replace an aging Moss, I think our offense would explode but I doubt that actually happens either but I can dream.
we can't afford him... Sad

Quote:
One thing as a member of the fanbase I wish we would do more often is take some chances on players that have character issues instead of letting them go to someone else. My point is this: In the 3rd round we took Leribruis and he may turn into a serviceable player which in the 3rd round is in most situations all you can ask for or we could have taken Vontaze Burcifit who wasn't even drafted because of character issues and is lookin like a pro bowl player in the next season or two. If Burcifit was a good character guy he should have been drafted in the 3rd or higher and we would already have someone to take over for Fletcher when the ageless one calls it quits.
I thought we should have taken Burfict late in the draft also, I knew he was going to be a steal but unfortunately the fan base doesn't pick the players. The front office and coaching staff does and they seem to want to only draft high character players mainly because they don't have to worry about odd the field crap, they are better teammates in the lockeroom and high character players are more coachable than trouble makers.

Quote:
To make a long story longer Im sayin if the Honeybadger Tyron Matthieu is sitting there when we pick we gotta take him. That kid can play and will make some team look like a genius, hopefully its us
i did have us taking him originally but I found myself with too many cbs. Once we signed Keenan Lewis and drafted Trufant to go with Hall, Wilson and Crawford, we already had 5 cbs. Then we also have Chase Minifield coming back from his knee injury. That is why I didn't have us drafting Mathieu in rounds 4-6.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sassan11

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just one concern. If you have us signing Dashon Goldson, he is going to command a big contract and be our starter for at least the next few years. Why would we then use our first pick in the draft on somebody who plays the same position?
footy_29

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My problem with DJ Swearinger is the frequent taunting. I know we saw it from Sean in his college days, but his is more along the lines of LaRon Landry.

Keenan Lewis is a slot corner, he doesn't play outside. If they keep DeAngelo, that signing doesn't make a lot of sense.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
My problem with DJ Swearinger is the frequent taunting. I know we saw it from Sean in his college days, but his is more along the lines of LaRon Landry.

Keenan Lewis is a slot corner, he doesn't play outside. If they keep DeAngelo, that signing doesn't make a lot of sense.
he definitely plays outside. He's a starting CB Footy29. He's been the steelers best DB this year on the best passing defense in the entire nfl. what else couid you ask for?

I mean really, come on man!! Rolling Eyes Your point makes no sense! Confused d'oh! Shame on you

The steelers slot CB this year ALL year long has been Cortez Allen... Confused Keenan Lewis has been on the outside all year long.

Last edited by turtle28 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sassan11 wrote:
Just one concern. If you have us signing Dashon Goldson, he is going to command a big contract and be our starter for at least the next few years. Why would we then use our first pick in the draft on somebody who plays the same position?
its a Little thing called depth. Something we haven't had at FS since I can remember. Remover last year when we traded all those picks to move up to rg3, and then we took a back up qb in round 4?

We used 3 of our first 4 picks on one position.

So why can't we sign Goldson who will be a 3 to 4 year starting FS most likely and then draft a guy for depth behind him at FS who can be ready to start when Goldson is gone or will be ready to start if Goldson gets hurt. Wink

A TRAIN 89

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epic Mock off season but its not realistic.

Also, not sure Keenan Lewis is better than Josh Wilson TBH.
mike23md

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Sassan11 wrote:
its a Little thing called depth. Something we haven't had at FS since I can remember. Remover last year when we traded all those picks to move up to rg3, and then we took a back up qb in round 4?

So why can't we sign Goldson who will be a 3 to 4 year starting FS most likely and then draft a guy for depth behind him at FS who can be ready to start when Goldson is gone or will be ready to start if Goldson gets hurt. Wink

Depth is fine, but seriously, you dont draft a 2nd rounder to be depth. Signing Goldson doesnt make sense. I wouldnt agree with this signing. I like Ryan Harris and OL is always good for depth in the later rounds of the draft.

But if we draft a CB or a S in the 2nd round, they should not be for depth.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Sassan11 wrote:

So why can't we sign Goldson who will be a 3 to 4 year starting FS most likely or a cb upgrade like Keenan Lewis and then draft a guy for depth behind them at FS and cb who can be ready to start when Goldson and Lewis are gone or will be ready to start if Goldson or lewis gets hurt. Wink

Depth is fine, but seriously, you dont draft a 2nd rounder to be depth. Signing Goldson doesnt make sense. I wouldnt agree with this signing. I like Ryan Harris and OL is always good for depth in the later rounds of the draft.

But if we draft a CB or a S in the 2nd round, they should not be for depth.
Mike Free Agency is 1st! Wink

So, I guess what you are saying is if we signed Goldson and Lewis in FA first, you would like to go in another direction in the 2nd round of the draft. Instead of FS and CB in round 2, OT or IlB?

Oday Aboyshi in round 2.

In your scenario you'd rather take a S or CB prospect in round 3 or 4? Like Phillip Thomas (Fresno), DJ Swearinger (south Carolina), Josh Evans (Florida), Shaun Willaims (Georgia), John Boyet (Oregon), Shamarko Thomas (Syracuse) or Duke Williams (Nevada)?

I can understand that also, but I still like getting the best safety depth we can. No matter what position we take in round 2, if our injured players come back healthy and we get a few upgrades in our secondary, our 2nd round pick is going to be a depth player- at least as a a rookie.

Last edited by turtle28 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:35 am; edited 2 times in total
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A TRAIN 89 wrote:
Epic Mock off season but its not realistic.
why is the offseason not realistic?

Quote:
Also, not sure Keenan Lewis is better than Josh Wilson TBH.

Have you seen Keenan Lewis play this year?

He's been the steelers best DB this year on the best passing defense in the entire nfl. He lead the nfl in passes defensed.

what else couid you ask for?

He was greatly improved over last season.

big44dog

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off season mocks, a chance to get out of the doldrums of this playoff run so we can get back to hating each other again! Thanks turtle

I like the mock, love Lattimore but not sure he's a zone fit, ol ball coach runs a lot of power stuff.
Also, there's one position I don't want to neglect 2 offseasons in a row. D-Line. Carriker coming back from injury, Bowen and Coefield aren't old but why wait until they are? Just a spot I don't see them slacking off on.
lavar703

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
I'd rather have DJ Swearinger or Bacarri Rambo in the second...

I think this depends a lot on the combine. Swearinger is an interesting prospect. He has decent size and weight and could play at either position. In all honesty, Swearinger would play the SS in this defense and Meriweather would move to FS. That would be the ideal combination. Swearinger is much better in the box and tackles very well.

Rambo is kind of a hot head and likes to go after the big hits. Swearinger does too, but Swearinger has shown some spots of playing brilliantly. Rambo is kind of undisciplined.

Well the guy I really want is Matt Elam but there is no shot he's there when we pick. Kid is an animal and the enforcer we've been missing since 21 passed.
lavar703

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. Taylor wrote:

I like the mock, though.

Lattimore is a good RB but he was not the talent Willis McGahee was when he was at Miami. McGahee was one of the most dominant college rushers I've ever seen. Lattimore was a fringe first round pick-early second round pick before the injury, he will most likely go anywhere from the 4th to the 7th and I wouldn't be shocked if he went completely undrafted.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: