Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Second shot, much better
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vdubya2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:01 am    Post subject: Second shot, much better Reply with quote

I'm thinking the Chiefs, if they hire Andy Reid as it looks like right now, will go with a young QB to develop. A lot depends on who hires Chip Kelly, that is if he decides that its what he wants to do. Still think the Cardinals have an inside track on Vick if he's released, but if Philly hires Kelly, I think Vick could possibly stay. For the sake of this draft I'm assuming he stays in Philly and the Eagles hire Chip Kelly, if they are still interested in him at all.

1. CHIEFS - Matt Barkley, QB, Southern Cal

Not an easy choice, but they don't have anyone to develop. Barkley actually sounds like a pretty good for a West Coast offense (decent accuracy, limited arm strength). Yet I'm still not overly comfortable putting him here. They haven't drafted a QB above the 5th round since Brodie Croyle in the 3rd round in 2006. Reid should go QB either here or 1st in the 2nd round because he'll be given a longer leash than most coaches.

2. JAGUARS - Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia

Jags need a playmaker on D. Although he played OLB in 34 at Georgia, he's very similar to Von Miller. Although I feel their offense is more of a problem, they've invested alot in Gabbert, their line is pretty good, and their receiving corp is already young. I wanted to go DT here but couldn't recognize the fact that Jacksonville hasn't had a special/playmaking LB since maybe Kevin Hardy if memory serves me correctly.

3. RAIDERS - Manti Te'o, LB, Notre Dame

Caught some guff for this pick, but theirs a method to my madness. After McClain's attitude problems and poor play, Te'o is the perfect pick for Oakland. They have no impact LBs on the team, they have few playmakers on D, and they need are in need of a quality leader on defense also. Te'o won't have character issues like McClain, and is much better than Kirk Morrison was. I agree they need pass rush, but I don't see the locker room intangibles from the ones available as much as I do in Te'o. And I hate on ND from the moment time began.

4. EAGLES - Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M

Great pass rushing potential for a team that has whiffed on Jason Babin (sort of, but they did cut him) and Brandon Graham. Trent Cole is good but this team has not been able to get to the QB and gave up good yardage in the passing game. I thought about someone on the line, but they've invested heavily in the line and where would Peters go? They should OT at some time, but this is just a case of seeing Moore as having a higher ceiling than Joeckel.

5. LIONS - Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State

This is a simple case of seeing Werner as a higher need in a pash rusher and being a little bit safer of a pick than Milliner. Milliner seemed to drop into the teens on some boards around midseason then climb back up. Plus Bama's defense is fantastic so I think his faults are hidden better.

6. CHARGERS - Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M

I feel like they get lucky to have this option, but its also a great fit. Between the loss of McNeill and Gaither's issues, Joeckel is a focus on offense without reaching for a receiver. Wanted to go NT, but I've always seen Cam Thomas as a good pro prospect.

7. BILLS - Barkevious Mingo, DE, LSU

Whether Whisenhunt or someone other than Kelly is hired here, I'm not really sure they go early to get Fitzpatrick some competition. I think the second round would be just as good for a QB. If they hire Kelly though, this is where Geno Smith is drafted. Mingo gives them some help on the pass rush, and maybe, if Williams keeps up his attitude, a replacement.

8. BROWNS - Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas

Whereas the Bills have the same GM, Cleveland is completely changing its staff. I like Weeden, he's just older than I think a new GM will be comfortable with. Another team that will draft Smith if Kelly is hired. But a young guy can either push Weeden to be better this year, or gives you someone better than Weeden to start over with. Its a win-win.

9. TITANS - Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama

While their corners are pretty well off, this is sort of a value pick for them. He'll either be the no. 2 or nickel to start out and gives them a strong prospect against the pass which could help Wimbley and Morgan. DT and G could also go here, but Milliner at 9 is a little bit of a steal.

10. PANTHERS - Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah

This is a little bit of a steal too, and the Panthers were awful against the run. Until this defense gets stronger, Newton will keep having to outscore his opponents. I'm not completely sold on Newton as a winner, but until I feel like he's got a good defense, he's going to half a lower glass ceiling.

11. CARDINALS - Chance Warmack, G, Alabama

A stronger arm in Vick will help get Larry the ball, a guard like Warmack can help their run game. The defense is fairly strong, and with an offense that can give them a rest Arizona could be strong.

12. BUCCANEERS - Jonathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State

From his stats, it seems like McCoy had a pretty good season. Adding Hankins could help him out even more. Although a CB would really help, any CB left is a reach here. Jonathan Cooper also works, and maybe Alec Ogletree could climb to here with some strong workouts.

13. DOLPHINS - Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU

I still feel like Rhodes would be too much of a reach. Montgomery could come on and give Miami some help with their pass defense. This team has 1 good pass rusher. Odrick could move inside on passing downs and provide a nice rotation.

14. JETS - Aaron Murray, QB, Georgia

This is a big reach for the Jets, but he could go early in the 2nd round if they decide to wait on QB. They can't sign anyone, but they need a better QB no matter what. And now that Rex is staying, is he going to stick with Sanchez? Probably as much as he absolutely has too. This is definitely a reach for a QB if they hire a GM that is not confident in Sanchez.

15. SAINTS - Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri

The defense is all this team should focus on. Maybe some better guys up front can help out their LB's. Maybe they could go with Xavier Rhodes, but they do have Greer and Robinson, who I believe played a little bit better than Bunkley and Ellis.

16. RAMS - Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan

Giving Bradford some time to throw is never a bad thing. Fisher is the kind of coach that will insist on strengthening his team in the trenches. Last year it was Langford and Brockers, this year it should be their offensive line.

17. STEELERS - Ezekiel Ansah, OLB, BYU

This is more of a wish pick than anything. We'll probably stick with Worilds and go with a WR, especially if Wallace leaves. But this team didn't get sacks, and thats been noticed pretty quickly in this area. The ages on this defense are crazy. Personally I feel like our offense could use a new RB and some WRs. But the defense is our identity and 3-4 OLBs are extremely important to LeBeau's plans. I love Ansah's upside also, and considering his size he could be special.

18. COWBOYS - Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama

You just don't argue with the owner, especially when he probably has his choice of Jesse Williams or John Jenkins as your replacements. Changes are need says Jerry, and anyone telling Jerry he's wrong about anything is a great way to get replaced in Dallas.

19. BEARS - Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan

How could anyone say the Bears should not be drafting a left tackle. Bears' brass has admitted the offense has cost Smith his job, and it hasn't made Jay Cutler's life any easier.

20. GIANTS - Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State

Giants need to get their pass rushers some help, they may get Thomas back, but who knows how he'll play after two major injuries this early in his career. Webster is also gettin up there.

21. BENGALS - Eric Reid, S, LSU

I kinda feel like Cincinnati is a really good safety away from being a top tier team, and that's coming from a Steeler fan. They've build a strong defense up front, now a young playmaker at safety could put them over the hump. Crocker's ok and Nelson has played better since getting there, but Reid can play both spots and has an incredible upside.

22. RAMS - Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia

Ogletree is athletic enough to move outside, and gives Laurinaitis some help. Their OLBs have been nothing special, but the front 7 should be much stronger with his addition.

23. VIKINGS - Terrance Williams, WR, Baylor

It's not a strong WR draft class, but there's upside, and Williams I feel is the best WR available. Is similar to Michael Jenkins, but he can catch. With the D playing stronger this year, and the upgrade in targets for Ponder, the Vikings should continue to stay strong and in the playoff hunt next year.

24. COLTS - John Jenkins, DT, Georgia

Seems like he's been moving down boards, but that is perfect for the Colts, whose switch to the 3-4 won't be fully finished until they get a legit NT. Jenkins may not be incredibly special, but has Casey Hampton/Vince Wilfork potential, which isn't bad at all at 24.

25. RAVENS - Jonathan Cooper, G, North Carolina

Yes, Ray Lewis is retiring and Ed Reed could be missing also next year. Yes their line isn't much of a problem. But 1. they need to get better at running the ball and 2. Cooper shouldn't fall here, he's a top 20 talent taken at 25.

26. PATRIOTS - Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia

Perfect for when Welker leaves, which could be this year. Also, Brandon Lloyd isn't very young and I've never been to enamored Julian Edelman. Of course they could go defense, but there's youth on the defense, the oldest position on the team is WR.

27. 49ERS - Dion Jordan, OLB, Oregon

This pick needs some defending. Johnthan Banks could be a good pick, but I've never seen much problem in starting Rogers and Brown, with Culliver in the slot. But Ahamad Brooks is only an above average pass rusher, but he's pretty good. Jordan gives you someone with a high ceiling that spell Brooks on passing downs, and eventually develop into a starter. Also, Harbaugh will draft at a position that already has starters, last year they took Jenkins when they already had Crabtree, Manningham, and Randy Moss (don't know if Moss signed after actually) and Davis at TE.

28. FALCONS - Alex Okafor, DE, Texas

They need a pass rusher with the Edwards debacle and Abraham's age. Although Biermann is serviceable and I've always like Jonathan Massaquoi's potential, Okafor provides them with insurance for Abraham's future.

29. TEXANS - Keenan Allen, WR, California

Schaub needs someone to take some attention away from Johnson. Its kind of crazy that Walter's average play has kept him as the starter. Allen could start in the slot and make the Texans pass attack stronger.

30. SEAHAWKS - Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M

2 things I notice about Jake Matthews 1. he's a RT, which usually don't get picked in the top 20 (as his boards number suggest) and 2. He's played well even though he is a little on the smaller side for a tackle nowadays. But Carroll finds these guys that don't fit typical size (big corners, small QB) of their positions.

31. BRONCOS - Jonthan Banks, CB, Missisippi State

Bailey should be calling it quits soon. Harris and Porter are good, but they need some more help. They could also go DE, but there wasn't anyone left I felt was worth this pick.

32. PACKERS - Tyler Eifert, TE , Notre Dame

They're letting Finley go, this is the best TE prospect available. And he's a very good prospect. He's got the best career stats for a TE at a university that has turned out a couple of starting TEs in the pros. I actually thought about putting him higher, in fact I would love seeing the Steelers with Eifert and Miller on the field at the same time. They could be letting Jennings leave also, so another target for Rodgers wouldn't be an awful idea.
BringinDaPain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May want to take a 3rd shot, Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah wont drop to pick #10

2012 DROY Winner - Luke Kuechly 164 tackles, 2 Int, 1 sack, 11 TFLs, 8 PD and 3 Fumble recoveries
Luke Kuechly - 2013 Defensive Player of the Year
theindianstud12

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typical Bears pick.
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Although he played OLB in 34 at Georgia, he's very similar to Von Miller.

Only in the idea that both are OLBs in a 4-3.

Quote:
Although I feel their offense is more of a problem, they've invested alot in Gabbert,

Under the new CBA, moving on from a Top 10 QB is easier.

Quote:
their line is pretty good,

News to me, though no OL is worth us taking that high.

Quote:
I wanted to go DT here but couldn't recognize the fact that Jacksonville hasn't had a special/playmaking LB since maybe Kevin Hardy if memory serves me correctly.

Daryl Smith & Paul Posluszny and that's just the ones we have on the team right now.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mingo is a awful Mock with Milliner and Wilson there on my big board. Kyle Moore got a solid look opposite Mario with Dareus and Williams.

Milluner - Gilmore could be good for years, and Tyler Wilsin
NIKEJWN

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
Mingo is a awful Mock with Milliner and Wilson there on my big board. Kyle Moore got a solid look opposite Mario with Dareus and Williams.

Milluner - Gilmore could be good for years, and Tyler Wilsin

Totally agree...Millner should be the pick there.

Max's 2010 Annual Draft Contest Winner

Adopt a Bill 2011- SS George Wilson
CB Drayton Florence
Kiltman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BringinDaPain wrote:
May want to take a 3rd shot, Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah wont drop to pick #10

Yea,

If he's at #4 give him to the eagles. We do need another DE...but Cole, a much improved Graham, and Vinny Curry (who looked good when he got his chanc)e are solid. Right now are biggest hole on the Dline is NT. Fletcher Cox was a stud this year as a 3tech....if we can pair him with Star. We could finally have the dominate inside force that we haven't had in awhile if ever. StarCox would be unstoppable if they live up to potential....they both have tremendously high ceilings.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake Matthews isn't declaring

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st off your draft order is wrong the Browns have the 6th pick. Secondly The chances the Browns take a QB rd. 1 are slim to none. Weeden will be given another shot for no other reason than there really isn't a better alternative at this point. Wilson is not a 1st round prospect.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reid is a solid pick for the bengals, but if they lose most of the starting LBs, I think they go Ogletree there and grab a safety in late round 2.
The OUTLAW

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did the Browns trade down or something? I mean how can you actually screw up the draft order that badly?

Vince Lombardi
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
Reid is a solid pick for the bengals, but if they lose most of the starting LBs, I think they go Ogletree there and grab a safety in late round 2.

I agree. But I do like the Reid pick

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
jerb2011

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WR IS NOT A FIRST ROUND NEED FOR THE PATRIOTS!! They will NOT skip on Dion Jordan if he is available. the draft is too deep at WR to have to get one in the first round. DLine and DB are WAAAAAY more important

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giants get the 19th pick and I like the Eric Fischer pick better than Rhodes at 20 for them.
The Gnat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Keenan Allen better than Williams, but can't complain about a WR.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: