Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

CowboysTilIDie's Mock Draft Thread (Updated 4/20/13)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my first mock in a while. Not flashy or anything though.

1. Jonathan Cooper - G, UNC
2. Jonathan Cyprien - S, FIU
3. Bennie Logan - DT, LSU
4. Brian Schwenke - C, Cal
5. Landry Jones - QB, Oklahoma
6. Spencer Ware - RB, LSU

What do ya think? Would you be happy with this?

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
This is my first mock in a while. Not flashy or anything though.

1. Jonathan Cooper - G, UNC
2. Jonathan Cyprien - S, FIU
3. Bennie Logan - DT, LSU
4. Brian Schwenke - C, Cal
5. Landry Jones - QB, Oklahoma
6. Spencer Ware - RB, LSU

What do ya think? Would you be happy with this?

I would take that draft in a second sans Landry Jones. Those who haven't see Ware play would love him on Dallas.
canadaluvsdalla

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spencer Ware is physical man. Would love to get him.

Jason Garrett wrote:
It's not about them, it's about us.
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is going to be my second to last mock before the draft! T-minus 4 days until draft day!!!

I'm starting to believe that Jonathan Cooper has jumped Warmack on most boards and he will be the first Guard taken. But, we will be ecstatic with either one falling to us. I fully expect us to go Best Player Available, no matter the position. If its a WR, then it's a WR. I do expect us to try our damnedest to trade down, but it will be harder than we expect to do so.

With the 18th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select:

Chance Warmack, Guard, Alabama

With the 47th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select:

Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee

With the 80th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select:

Le'Veon Bell, RB, Michigan State

With the 114th pick in the NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select:

Jordan Hill, DT, Penn State

With the 151st pick in the NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select:

Josh Evans, Safety, Florida

With the 185th pick in the NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select:

Michael Williams, TE, Alabama

So to recap:

1. Chance Warmack
2. Justin Hunter
3. Le'veon Bell
4. Jordan Hill
5. Josh Evans
6. Michael Williams

We get our guy in Warmack to set the left side of our Oline for the next decade. Justin Hunter is BPA in the 2nd and will add some fantastic depth to our oft-injured receiving core. It's extremely clear the coaches love Bell. We've met with him multiple times and if he is there in the 3rd, I fully expect he'll be the pick. We just can't trust Murray to stay healthy right now. Jordan Hill will be a great fit at the 3-technique and could contribute right away in my opinion. Josh Evans is a pure cover guy who can also come up and help in the run. Is a good tackler and single high safety. Would provide good competition for Matt Johnson. Michael Williams may not offer much in the way of receiving, but we don't need that as we have it in Witten and Hanna. He is a heck of a blocker though and would almost act as another Tackle on the Oline.

flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it CTID. It is different, but I like the BPA look of it. I also like Jordan Hill and Josh Evans later on. Two good picks. I am very, very high on Jordan Hill.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
I like it CTID. It is different, but I like the BPA look of it. I also like Jordan Hill and Josh Evans later on. Two good picks. I am very, very high on Jordan Hill.

Thanks. I like Hill a lot too. I wanted to try something a bit out there because that is what this team tends to do. If that draft were to happen, the offense gets a huge boost at several positions.

flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:

Thanks. I like Hill a lot too. I wanted to try something a bit out there because that is what this team tends to do. If that draft were to happen, the offense gets a huge boost at several positions.

Most definitely. Then if we can go out and sign a guy like Clabo, the offense looks significantly improved. I worry a bit about Hunter, but it still looks solid

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent Draft. Very Happy

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
TheDeathStar

Location: Anchorage, Alaska, US, Planet Earth, Solar System A, Milky Way Galaxy
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, but whats the mind set in going wideout in round 2? We hqve too many needs to take out a luxury BPA pick in the 2nd IMO.
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDeathStar wrote:
I like it, but whats the mind set in going wideout in round 2? We hqve too many needs to take out a luxury BPA pick in the 2nd IMO.

Is WR truly a luxury though (in the second round no less)? Taking a corner would be a luxury. Taking a tight end that early would be a luxury.

Answer a couple of questions for me, please.

What percentage would you put on Miles Austin playing in more than 10 games?

Are you comfortable with Dwayne Harris as your #2 receiver should Miles or Dez go down?

There's a great possibility that this will be Miles' last year in a Cowboys uniform. Wouldn't you want to draft a guy in a very talented WR class to take over for him next year while also having a year under his belt?

Why reach for a lesser player just because it's a position of need when you can get one of the best WRs in the draft which can help you this year and down the road?

Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I answered the WR question in the other thread. It's exceedingly unlikely that you are getting a player ready to contribute immediately at WR at #47.

I kind of expect it to happen, but it's no question a luxury pick if you don't expect much contribution in year 1.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
I answered the WR question in the other thread. It's exceedingly unlikely that you are getting a player ready to contribute immediately at WR at #47.

I kind of expect it to happen, but it's no question a luxury pick if you don't expect much contribution in year 1.

In most other years? Maybe. But, this receiver class is very strong in my mind and we would be able to get a guy at #47 that would undoubtedly be able to come in day 1 and be our set #3. Harris is a solid player and I value him as a #3 or #4 WR. What I don't value in Harris is his ability to come in and produce consistently as a #2 if Miles/Dez were to go down.

TheDeathStar

Location: Anchorage, Alaska, US, Planet Earth, Solar System A, Milky Way Galaxy
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
TheDeathStar wrote:

Is WR truly a luxury though (in the second round no less)? Taking a corner would be a luxury. Taking a tight end that early would be a luxury.

Are you comfortable with Dwayne Harris as your #2 receiver should Miles or Dez go down?

There's a great possibility that this will be Miles' last year in a Cowboys uniform. Wouldn't you want to draft a guy in a very talented WR class to take over for him next year while also having a year under his belt?

Why reach for a lesser player just because it's a position of need when you can get one of the best WRs in the draft which can help you this year and
down the road?

Basically in your first two questions, you are basing them off picking him from a depth perspective. I could mock us a tight end in the first and ask, What if Witten gets hurt? What then? You could say that to justify absolutely every pick.

Will Austin play over 10 games? Likely not. Am I comfortable with Harris starting? Not really. But we have our slot
receiver, and you cant count on players getting injured. His role in year one would simply be too small to warrant a second round pick.

Now, no one is 100% guaranteeing Austin will be gone next season, are they? So why not wait until we actually have a vague idea of whether or not hes on the roster before we draft somebody to fill his place? Last time I checked, we have a draft next year. Granted, it might not be so loaded at WR (i have no idead TBH), but wed know if its a serious need or not then.

Just my long .02.
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDeathStar wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
TheDeathStar wrote:

Why reach for a lesser player just because it's a position of need when you can get one of the best WRs in the draft which can help you this year and
down the road?

Basically in your first two questions, you are basing them off picking him from a depth perspective. I could mock us a tight end in the first and ask, What if Witten gets hurt? What then? You could say that to justify absolutely every pick.

Will Austin play over 10 games? Likely not. Am I comfortable with Harris starting? Not really. But we have our slot
receiver, and you cant count on players getting injured. His role in year one would simply be too small to warrant a second round pick.

Now, no one is 100% guaranteeing Austin will be gone next season, are they? So why not wait until we actually have a vague idea of whether or not hes on the roster before we draft somebody to fill his place? Last time I checked, we have a draft next year. Granted, it might not be so loaded at WR (i have no idead TBH), but wed know if its a serious need or not then.

Just my long .02.

Witten doesn't have a significant injury history. Actually, outside of the spleen last year, he hardly has one at all. Miles has significant durability concerns.

I'm not pounding the table for us to draft a WR in the first 3 rounds. Simply, trying to get people to understand that it wouldn't be that bad. Especially if he's BPA on our board. Now, outside of Tavon Austin, I'm 100% against taking a WR in the first round. And that's only if our top targets are gone (Warmack, Cooper, Richardson, etc.).

Here's another question: If Bjoern Werner is there at 18 (likely) or Tank Carradine there at 47, would you pick them?

flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
TheDeathStar wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
TheDeathStar wrote:

down the road?

Just my long .02.

Witten doesn't have a significant injury history. Actually, outside of the spleen last year, he hardly has one at all. Miles has significant durability concerns.

I'm not pounding the table for us to draft a WR in the first 3 rounds. Simply, trying to get people to understand that it wouldn't be that bad. Especially if he's BPA on our board. Now, outside of Tavon Austin, I'm 100% against taking a WR in the first round. And that's only if our top targets are gone (Warmack, Cooper, Richardson, etc.).

Here's another question: If Bjoern Werner is there at 18 (likely) or Tank Carradine there at 47, would you pick them?

Potentially on Werner. But honestly, I would take Carradine at 18 and not look back. I think he is a top 10 player in this draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: