Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

CowboysTilIDie's Mock Draft Thread (Updated 4/20/13)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: CowboysTilIDie's Mock Draft Thread (Updated 4/20/13) Reply with quote

Keep in mind, my Big Board will be with the thought of only the needs of the Boys, not the overall Prospect Big Board. Also, in between now and the Draft, it will without a doubt undergo significant change due to various reasons.

1. Eric Fisher
2. Luke Joeckel
3. Shariff Floyd
4. Star Lotulelei
5. Jonathan Cooper
6. Chance Warmack
7. Dion Jordan
8. Dee Milliner
9. Lane Johnson
10. Sheldon Richardson
11. Jarvis Jones
12. Ezekiel Ansah
13. Tavon Austin
14. Bjoern Werner
15. Barkevious Mingo
16. Kenny Vacarro
17. Tyler Eifert
18. Xavier Rhodes
19. Keenan Allen
20. Jonathan Cyprien

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."

Last edited by CowboysTilIDie on Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:59 am; edited 6 times in total
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TEAM NEEDS:

1.) Guard

2.) Right Tackle

3.) 1 Technique Defensive Tackle

4.) 3-Technique Defensive Tackle

5.) Safety

6.) Runningback

7.) Center

8.) Defensive End

9.) Wide Receiver

10.) Outside Linebacker

Now, just because these needs are in a certain order, doesn't mean they will be drafted in this order. As we hear alot around these parts, the need must meet the value of the pick. I welcome feedback so any comments are welcomed.

Last edited by CowboysTilIDie on Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:28 am; edited 3 times in total
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my most recent Mock I posted in the other thread. I made a couple of minor changes.

Coaching Changes:

-Norv Turner hired as OC
-Joe D fired
-Coach to be named takes over ST duties Laughing

Major Re-signings:
-LP!
-Anthony Spencer

Major FA/Cuts:
-Felix Jones
-Mike Jenkins
-Doug Free (Post June 1)
-Jay Ratliff
-Ryan Cook

Restructures:

-Brandon Carr

Free Agent Signings:

With signing Spencer to a new contract, we have hardly any money left over to spend in FA. But, with the little money we do have, we make one solid, albeit unspectacular signing:

Josh Cribbs - He brings an electric dimension to our kick return game that Harris simply can't. Harris is great in the punt return role but we need some speed at that KR role and Cribbs is experienced with it and one of the best. He will also see the field on offense as the 3rd or 4th WR. The guy is electric with the ball in his hands and shouldn't cost us much.

2013 NFL Draft
Our Current Draft Order:
#18 (1)
#50 (2)
#82 (3)
#114 (4)
#146 (5)
#178 (6)

***TRADE*** ***
The Dallas Cowboys trade pick #18(1) and pick #114(4) to Cincinnati for picks #24 (1) and #56 (2). The trade value only favors Dallas by about 100 points and Cincy still has an early 2nd round pick, so they do this deal to go up and get their guy while still maintaining a top 5 pick in the 2nd round.

Our New Draft Order:
#24 (1)
#50 (2)
#56 (2)
#82 (3)
#146 (5)
#178 (6)

With the 24th pick in the Draft, the Cowboys select...
Barrett Jones, Center, Alabama

With the 50th pick in the Draft, the Cowboys select...
Sylvester Williams, Defensive Tackle, North Carolina

With the 56th pick in the Draft, the Cowboys select...
Larry Warford, Guard, Kentucky

With the 82nd pick in the Draft, the Cowboys select...
Phillip Thomas, Safety, Fresno

With the 146th pick in the Draft, the Cowboys select...
Manase Foketi, Offensive Tackle, West Texas A&M

With the 178th pick in the Draft, the Cowboys select...
Marcus Lattimore, Running Back, South Carolina

flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to more CTID

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but i dont think i saw whether or not we worked out a contract with Romo in your mock.
TD-ES-JJ

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This draft would make me pee my pants. Even the trade down wouldn't bother me one bit.

I'm worried a little about the Lattimore pick, but I really like the player if he can come back from that horrific injury.

One issue...I can almost guarantee JJ would trade out of #50 to get an extra #3 and get his #4 back. That's just who he is, it would be a value trade. Perhaps you could consider that in your next mock and maybe pick up another Dlineman.

Sig Courtesy of thesickness89
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TD-ES-JJ wrote:
This draft would make me pee my pants. Even the trade down wouldn't bother me one bit.

I'm worried a little about the Lattimore pick, but I really like the player if he can come back from that horrific injury.

One issue...I can almost guarantee JJ would trade out of #50 to get an extra #3 and get his #4 back. That's just who he is, it would be a value trade. Perhaps you could consider that in your next mock and maybe pick up another Dlineman.

I have a feeling Lattimore gets drafted higher. Granted his injury was ugly, but he was probably a late first round pick before the injury. That's a long drop.

CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TD-ES-JJ wrote:

I could definitely see Jerry doing that. I think its almost a certainty that Jerry trades down in the first to get more picks. Unless of course someone falls to us that we can't pass up. You will be seeing lots of trade downs in my mocks.

CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:

I have a feeling Lattimore gets drafted higher. Granted his injury was ugly, but he was probably a late first round pick before the injury. That's a long drop.

Wasn't this second injury his other knee? Thats going to scare off a lot of teams in my opinion. You are most likely right though. A team will take him maybe in the 4th and consider 2013 a redshirt type year and will be greatly rewarded when he is fully healed.

TD-ES-JJ

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:

Wasn't this second injury his other knee? Thats going to scare off a lot of teams in my opinion. You are most likely right though. A team will take him maybe in the 4th and consider 2013 a redshirt type year and will be greatly rewarded when he is fully healed.

The problem with Lattimore is that he won't be ready for the combine and might not be able to pass a physical before the draft and any team that drafts him would be taking a huge risks...teams don't like huge risks before round 6 or 7. You can find really good, healthy running backs in the 3rd, 4th and 5th.

Sig Courtesy of thesickness89
Baixis

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arian Foster suffered a late injury and then went undrafted. Granted, he wasn't a 1st rd pick before, but could have been a 2nd. It wouldn't surprise me to see Lattimore take a huge fall too.
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
TEAM NEEDS:

1.) Nose Tackle - We need that guy plugging up the middle of our D that will allow Sean Lee and Bruce Carter to run wild and make the plays we know they can. It's been way too long. We thought we potentially had this guy in Josh Brent and due to the unfortunate accident, this is now our top need.

2.) Center - In my mind, the most important positions on the O-line are LT, C, RT, G, and G. We have our LT and Phil Costa is not the long term answer. We need a Center to become the Sean Lee of our Oline. A good center will make whatever lackluster Guards are next to him better.

3.) Defensive End - We need someone to get push from the interior. Demarcus Ware and Anthony Spencer will continue to just get pushed right past the QB until we get someone who can actually get right up into the QBs face and make him short arm throws. Jason Hatcher is not getting any younger and Tyrone Crawford isn't quite ready for that spot.

4.) Guard - I know you're probably wondering why I don't have RT here since it is higher on my list than Guard. I don't expect Doug Free to be back next year and I expect Jeremy Parnell to be the RT. I think he has improved enough to earn himself the chance to start at RT. By midseason next year, this could be the dumbest thing I've ever wrote, but I think our Guard situation is worse off than our RT situation.

5.) Quarterback - All I'm going to say here is this: Quincy Carter, Anthony Wright, Ryan Leaf, Clint Stoerner, Chad Hutchinson, Drew Henson, Vinny Testaverde, Drew Bledsoe. We MUST get Tony's heir to start grooming so we don't have to see names such as those again.
6.) Safety - I'm sick and tired of our safeties taking [inappropriate/removed] poor angles and being poor tacklers. I'm not even asking for Darren Woodson here, just someone who isn't constantly turning and looking for someone to blame when *insert name here* beats him deep for a TD. I want to see a whole season of Barry Church and I like the potential of Matt Johnson.

7.) Right Tackle - Could move either higher or lower on the list depending on what happens with Parnell and Free. Right now, its lower for me because I like the potential of Parnell to get the job done AT LEAST as good as Free. Let's see what he's got.

8.) Runningback - I love Demarco Murray. But, in his two seasons with us, he's been significantly injured in both of them. We need a capable backup that when/if he continues to get hurt, can come in and produce with little drop-off.

9.) Outside Linebacker - Ok, this is 100% contingent on us finding a way to bring back Anthony Spencer. If Spencer walks, this immediately becomes our #3 need behind Center and NT.

10.) Wide Receiver - I think Miles will be back next year and Dwayne Harris has shown the ability to be a solid #3. Danny Coale and Cole Beasley battle it out for the #4 spot next year.

11.) Inside Linebacker - I like Orie Lemon and Alex Albright is versatile. There is no way we sustain the same insane number of injuries next year to the same position.

Now, just because these needs are in a certain order, doesn't mean they will be drafted in this order. As we hear alot around these parts, the need must meet the value of the pick. I welcome feedback so any comments are welcomed.

Our gm doesn't operate that way. Oh how I wish though.
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick one here that I've been mushing around in my head. No trades and no fancy pictures or anything, sorry!

1. Sheldon Richardson, DE, Missouri
2. Dallas Thomas, G, Tennessee
3. Ricky Wagner, OT, Wisconsin
4. Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma
5. Kenjon Barner, RB, Oregon
6. Dan Giordano, DE/OLB, Cincinnati

atran35

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="CowboysTilIDie"]Just a quick one here that I've been mushing around in my head. No trades and no fancy pictures or anything, sorry!

1. Sheldon Richardson, DE, Missouri
2. Dallas Thomas, G, Tennessee
3. Ricky Wagner, OT, Wisconsin
4. Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma
5. Kenjon Barner, RB, Oregon
6. Dan Giordano, DE/OLB, Cincinnati[/quote]

I love it.
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, this is my first mock post-Rob Ryan. I'm assuming we are making the switch to the 4-3.

Offensive Coordinator

Mike Mularkey

Mularkey would bring a more balanced approach to this team that we desperately need. He always tends to be in the top half of the league in rushing attempts. That is more important to me than having tons of success running. I just want someone who is committed to run even when it isn't working. In his four seasons as OC with Atlanta, he was 10th, 13th, 5th, and 7th in points scored.

Defensive Coordinator

Ken Norton Jr.

A former player who has a very promising future as a DC. He has coached up on the of the better linebacking cores in the league and has been a part of one of the best defenses in football the last couple of years. He's extremely energetic and this defense would not lose any of its swagger it gained with Rob Ryan here.

Key Offseason Moves

- Anthony Spencer is not resigned
- Mike Jenkins is not resigned
- Felix Jones is not resigned
- LP is NOT resigned (sorry everyone!)
- Doug Free is cut
- Tony Romo is extended, freeing up some cap space
- Brandon Carr is restructured
- Miles Austin is restructured

Free Agent Signing

Michael Bennett, DE

Bennett would cushion the blow of losing Spencer and would allow us to focus more on DTs and OL in the early part of the draft. Had his best year this year with 9.5 sacks and is a good run defender. He's improved every year in the league and is still young.

NFL Draft

1. Chance Warmack, G, Alabama

2. Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina

3. T.J. McDonald, S, USC

4. Brian Winters, OT, Kent State

5. Dennis Johnson, RB, Arkansas

6. Cameron Lawrence, OLB, Mississippi State

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: