Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Noob Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UF THE SWAMP 72

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Noob Mock Reply with quote

Key Free Agent Signing:
Richard Seymour DT Oakland Raiders- Big Rich is coming off an injury that sidelined him for half the season so he should come for the cheap. Seymour is the tough interior presence that our defensive line needs. Seymour is also a great leader which is something our defense needs. If healthy this addition to our defense would be a 5 star move.

Draft:
Needs- Offense(OL, Depth) Defense(CB, LB, DT, S, DE, Depth)

R1- John Banks CB Mississippi State
^ Best cover corner in the draft. Nothing else needs to be said about him

R2- DJ Fluker OG/OT Alabama
^Can play RT or either guard position. Easy choice if there in the 2nd rd.

R3- Gerald Hodges LB Penn State
^ Three down lb, could play outside or inside. Very instinctive.

R4- William Gholston DE Michigan State
^ Had a lack of production this year in comparison to last but this guy has the ability to both rush the passer and stop the run. If he lives up to his potential and JPP continues to develop further we could have a scary set of DE's for the next 5-10 years.

R5- Ryan Swope WR Texas A&M
^Yes we have Cruz, Nicks, Hixon, and the impressive rookie Rueben Randle but Nicks is always hurt and Cruz saw a lot of doubles this season. Swope would be a nice addition this late in the draft.

R6- Tyrann Mathieu CB LSU
^ Already have us taking one corner but our corners aside from Prince were bad this year. Can never have too many good corners and at this point in the draft theres not as much risk picking the Honey Badger. He has the talent to be an effective NFL cb. If he pans out we could be looking at a corner rotation of Prince, Banks, Mathieu, Hosely. That sounds good on paper.

R7- Ray Ray Armstrong S Faulkner University
^Too much talent to pass up at this point in the draft. Freak athlete at 6'4 who was a former WR at Miami.

UDFA- Roy Roundtree WR Michigan - Stock has fell due to the fact that he played in a run first style of system at Michigan. Has a lot of talent in my opinion.

Last edited by UF THE SWAMP 72 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tehzl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is our Round 5? I like the mock though.
fracdaddy14

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: Noob Mock Reply with quote

UF THE SWAMP 72 wrote:
Key Free Agent Signing:
Richard Seymour DT Oakland Raiders- Big Rich is coming off an injury that sidelined him for half the season so he should come for the cheap. Seymour is the tough interior presence that our defensive line needs. Seymour is also a great leader which is something our defense needs. If healthy this addition to our defense would be a 5 star move.

Draft:
Needs- Offense(OL, Depth) Defense(CB, LB, DT, S, DE, Depth)

R1- John Banks CB Mississippi State
^ Best cover corner in the draft. Nothing else needs to be said about him

R2- DJ Fluker OG/OT Alabama
^Can play RT or either guard position. Easy choice if there in the 2nd rd.

R3- Gerald Hodges LB Penn State
^ Three down lb, could play outside or inside. Very instinctive.

R4- William Gholston DE Michigan State
^ Had a lack of production this year in comparison to last but this guy has the ability to both rush the passer and stop the run. If he lives up to his potential and JPP continues to develop further we could have a scary set of DE's for the next 5-10 years.

R6- Tyrann Mathieu CB LSU
^ Already have us taking one corner but our corners aside from Prince were bad this year. Can never have too many good corners and at this point in the draft theres not as much risk picking the Honey Badger. He has the talent to be an effective NFL cb. If he pans out we could be looking at a corner rotation of Prince, Banks, Mathieu, Hosely. That sounds good on paper.

R7- Ray Ray Armstrong S Faulkner University
^Too much talent to pass up at this point in the draft. Freak athlete at 6'4 who was a former WR at Miami.

UDFA- Roy Roundtree WR Michigan - Stock has fell due to the fact that he played in a run first style of system at Michigan. Has a lot of talent in my opinion.

The Honey Badger!? I'm for him in the 6th. But as Tehzl said, he have our round 5 pick. Keith Rivers trade was for 2012 5th. I had to double check myself.

I like it. Although there are head cases, the round they are in offers great value. I'd be happy if it turns out like this, though I'm not high on Golston, the GMEN could make something out of him.
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad at all Laughing

if Tyrann Mathieu were to fall to us I'd be ecstatic. I dont mind wasting a pick on him. Most likely he'll end up being a lazy player who does it for the money. But on the off chance he tries, he would be in my top 5 current giants

We the North

Last edited by Gmen4ev on Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:31 am; edited 1 time in total
theindianstud12

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banks aint falling past Tampa
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theindianstud12 wrote:
Banks aint falling past Tampa

this is most likely true, I wouldn't mind snagging Vaccaro or Alec Ogletree though

We the North
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will be interesting to see where Tyrann Mathis ultimately lands on Draft Weekend & in what round. With the off the field concerns, how he handles the Pre-Draft Process with NFL Personnel will be critical for him. I think he lands in the 3rd Round. Not a huge financial commitment for a player of his caliber.

Banks is a good pick. The CB position is obviously a concern. How the team handles Webster's & Terrell Thomas' contracts will be of real importance this offseason.

D.J. Fluker is a drastically underrated prospect. Not exceptional RT, but he's going to start at the position for 6-10 years. Seems like nobody will consider him in Round 1. That is despite Andre Smith emerging as one of the leagues top RTs after being selected in the top 10.

Addressing LB in the 3rd Round is far too common for the Giants.
manning92

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw banks play twice this year and the two times I saw him play live he got handled both times vs a freshman and sophmore wideout in the Alabama and Ole miss game both went for a 150 plus 3 tds a piece I believe. So i do not know how much faith I would put in him those where probably the two best wideouts he saw all year. I just was not that pleased with what he brought to the table he did not even win the conley trophy which is the best college football player in Mississippi.

Props to SiLo on the Sig
Tehzl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

manning92 wrote:
I saw banks play twice this year and the two times I saw him play live he got handled both times vs a freshman and sophmore wideout in the Alabama and Ole miss game both went for a 150 plus 3 tds a piece I believe. So i do not know how much faith I would put in him those where probably the two best wideouts he saw all year. I just was not that pleased with what he brought to the table he did not even win the conley trophy which is the best college football player in Mississippi.

So who do you like at corner that is a possibility for us.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: