Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Karlos Dansby
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warpticon wrote:
freak_of_nature wrote:
CanesFinsFan wrote:
The only way I would want to get rid of Dansby is if my some slim chance we draft Teo in the first round, if not keep him.

If we could land Te'o, and flip Dansby for a mid-round pick, that'd be ideal. Cap space galore AND a player who will probably be better.

...did you read anything in the first post? Also, Te'o isn't that good. "Will probably be better" is a massive jump to conclusions.

No, I didn't read the 1st post.

Calling Te'o "not that good" is also a massive jump to conclusions in my book. Dansby ain't Patrick Willis.
Warpticon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freak_of_nature wrote:
Warpticon wrote:
freak_of_nature wrote:
CanesFinsFan wrote:
The only way I would want to get rid of Dansby is if my some slim chance we draft Teo in the first round, if not keep him.

If we could land Te'o, and flip Dansby for a mid-round pick, that'd be ideal. Cap space galore AND a player who will probably be better.

...did you read anything in the first post? Also, Te'o isn't that good. "Will probably be better" is a massive jump to conclusions.

Calling Te'o "not that good" is also a massive jump to conclusions in my book. Dansby ain't Patrick Willis.

Why would you comment in the thread if you didn't even know what it was about? Also, since you mentioned Willis, Te'o isn't half the athlete that Patrick Willis was, and to assume any rookie linebacker, particularly one without elite athleticism or size, is going to be better than Dansby played this year is foolhardy as best.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warpticon wrote:
freak_of_nature wrote:
Warpticon wrote:
freak_of_nature wrote:
CanesFinsFan wrote:

Why would you comment in the thread if you didn't even know what it was about? Also, since you mentioned Willis, Te'o isn't half the athlete that Patrick Willis was, and to assume any rookie linebacker, particularly one without elite athleticism or size, is going to be better than Dansby played this year is foolhardy as best.

I have to ask.....what did Dansby do that was so great?

1 FF
0 Turnovers
1 sack

Hos 101 tackles are impressive, but he's not a game changer....

As for lack of elite athleticism and size....

Couple of Dolphins come to mind...

Bryan Cox ran a 4.93 and has said he never benched over 300 lb's yet he was a 3 time pro-bowler

Zach Thomas about 5'10" 235 very under size, but widely considered one of the top 20 LB's of all time.

At the LB position where instinct, film study and natural aggression play such an important part of a player's ability to succeed at that position Te'o fits those perfectly. The guy comes up huge in big games and plays his best against the best teams. I'll give you Willis a superior athlete, but Te'o is going to do very well in the NFL.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dansby was VERY good at his job. His primary responsibility is to cover RB. How often did RB torch Miami in the pass game? Secondary responsibility was TE and between him and Burnett the Dolphins did not struggle with TE in the last 10 games or so like they have the last few years.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphan9954 wrote:
Dansby was VERY good at his job. His primary responsibility is to cover RB. How often did RB torch Miami in the pass game? Secondary responsibility was TE and between him and Burnett the Dolphins did not struggle with TE in the last 10 games or so like they have the last few years.

I would agree with you. Dansby played his role in the defense. To get FA you have to over pay. Dansby is worth the money though imo. If we were in the playoffs and not struggling this wouldn't be coming up

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytotha wrote:
dolphan9954 wrote:

I would agree with you. Dansby played his role in the defense. To get FA you have to over pay. Dansby is worth the money though imo. If we were in the playoffs and not struggling this wouldn't be coming up

Bingo. For every Bobby Wagner there is a Rey Mauluga. For every Vontaze Burfict their is a Rolando McClain. The draft is no sure thing. Josh Kaddu may become an elite coverage linebacker, or he may be cut in training camp this year. Proven>Unproven. It's not your money anyway! Wink

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still confused as to why this Dansby discussion even started...

A couple of people mentioned he should be traded....

They are Mocks...educated guesses with a few twists for interest...take them with a grain of salt....

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
I'm still confused as to why this Dansby discussion even started...

A couple of people mentioned he should be traded....

They are Mocks...educated guesses with a few twists for interest...take them with a grain of salt....

It's all over twitter and I see it on here some. Just trying to point out that it isn't going to happen and does more harm than good. That's all.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
green4gulf

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been critical of Dansby for the past couple of seasons, but his play on the field isn't my real issue with him. I just don't see him being worth what he's paid. Obviously we overpaid him, and obviously that happens quite a bit in the NFL, but I would like to see him have more impact plays to prove he's worth his salary.

When you are paid like a superstar, you should be a superstar. Dansby had the 3rd highest base salary among Linebackers in 2012 ( $8.8 M according to Spotrac ), yet we'd be hard pressed for anyone outside of Dolphins fans to suggest he's even in the top 10 of NFL LB's.

A more realistic base salary for a very good LB is around 5 Mil per year.
Dalunatic16

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="ViolentMonk71"]
Warpticon wrote:

1 FF
0 Turnovers
1 sack

Those are Channing Crowder type of stats. Isnt that why we let him go? Because all he could do was tackle?
SUG

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Dalunatic16"]
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Warpticon wrote:

1 FF
0 Turnovers
1 sack

Those are Channing Crowder type of stats. Isnt that why we let him go? Because all he could do was tackle?

That is an unfair comparison on several levels.
First off, Crowder was dumber than a box of rocks.
Second, Crowder only played well when accompanied by a better MLB.
Third, has Dansby even missed a start ?
Has anybody ever heard him say anything negative about any player, coach or a franchise ?
Crowder was pre occupied being manipulated by JPeasy on a nation wide radio tour making a fool of himself.
Dansby is a poised & natural leader by example.

Jus t pointing out the obvious
Sug
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not have a problem with our LB's. I do not think Dansby did what he was signed to do, which was create impact plays, but he is still a very good LB.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SUG"]
Dalunatic16 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Warpticon wrote:

1 FF
0 Turnovers
1 sack

Has anybody ever heard him say anything negative about any player, coach or a franchise ?
Crowder was pre occupied being manipulated by JPeasy on a nation wide radio tour making a fool of himself.

Sug

He's called out Philbin on several occasions most notably on Chad Johnson being cut and on keeping certain players on the sideline at the end of the game. He has a tendency to go to the media first with an issue as opposed to addressing it in house.

As far as his play....I personally have nothing against him....he makes tackles and does well in the run and passing game, but he is not a game changer....he's not the guy who going to come up with a big play to change the momentum of the game...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="ViolentMonk71"]
SUG wrote:
Dalunatic16 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Warpticon wrote:

1 FF
0 Turnovers
1 sack

Sug

He's called out Philbin on several occasions most notably on Chad Johnson being cut and on keeping certain players on the sideline at the end of the game. He has a tendency to go to the media first with an issue as opposed to addressing it in house.

As far as his play....I personally have nothing against him....he makes tackles and does well in the run and passing game, but he is not a game changer....he's not the guy who going to come up with a big play to change the momentum of the game...

I love Dansby and would pick him over Crowder 10 out of 10 times.
Just saying his stats brought to mind Crowder.

He has a huge contract to not produce more.
But I think we look at guys like Minter, Skov, and Alonso in the draft who might replace him down the road.
SUG

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="ViolentMonk71"]
SUG wrote:
Dalunatic16 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Warpticon wrote:

1 FF
0 Turnovers
1 sack

Your right, I am aware of his comments about keepinf 85. But they werent necesarilly what Id call "bashing" unlike what Crowder said about Sporano, Ireland & the Mia org on a radio station in Ca.
Or even what BMarsh said about needing a QB in Mia at the Pro Bowl award ceremony.

All Im saying is that Crowder is/was a "[inappropriate/removed]" in comparison to Dansby not mention Dansby is much more consistent.

sug

Sug

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: