Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tahj Boyd
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fullback40

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Tahj Boyd Reply with quote

Is anyone else intrigued by this guy? I think he can be a dominant QB in any scheme.

He has elite touch on his passes in tight coverage, and has the athletic ability to manipulate the pocket and make a defense look silly.

Throws a tremendous deep ball and has every ability necessary to be a franchise QB.

I wouldn't be mad if we took him at #6 if we had Chip Kelly.

I know Chip doesn't demand that we have a running quarterback, but it can't hurt to add an athlete at QB.

Weeden is probably not going to be the answer. Why wait to draft a QB in a year or two when there is a guy who has elite potential and fits a Chip Kelly scheme?

I was extremely anti-QB until hearing Chip Kelly is our frontrunner.

Give me Boyd, please! (especially in a trade down)
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think boyd could hve as much potential as any qb in this draft, that being said idt i would take him where we are currently

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Fullback40

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I would definitely want to trade down a bit and acquire a 2nd round pick in the process, so we could do something like this:

1st: Tahj Boyd/QB/Clemson
2nd: Defensive End
3rd: Free Safety/Coverage Linebacker
4th: Free Safety/Coverage Linebacker
5th: OL Depth
6th: OL Depth
6th: FB
7th: Punter
UDFA: 3rd Down RB

FA: Slot WR/Starting OG/Starting CB/ TE & LB Depth
candyman93

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't decide on him

He had the most impressive bowl game over any game I've seen this year. He showed guts, poise and moxxy when he was getting destroyed all night.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Can't decide on him

He had the most impressive bowl game over any game I've seen this year. He showed guts, poise and moxxy when he was getting destroyed all night.

I see it as he has the tools, they just have to be sharpened

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

freakygeniuskid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Can't decide on him

He's one of the most improved players in all of CFB compared to his performance last year. If he keeps progressing like that, he could be great, not sure if I want to bet the #6 pick that he will though :/

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freakygeniuskid wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Can't decide on him

He's one of the most improved players in all of CFB compared to his performance last year. If he keeps progressing like that, he could be great, not sure if I want to bet the #6 pick that he will though :/

it be best to target him, trade down and pick up some extra picks. I think the Browns need as many extra picks as possible to allow Kelly to get enough talent or potential players for his offense as possible

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't he generally rated as a 3rd or 4th round prospect?? I like the kid but just wondering why anyone thinks he's worth a #6 overall
HADEN4PREZIDENT

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StewieRules wrote:
Isn't he generally rated as a 3rd or 4th round prospect?? I like the kid but just wondering why anyone thinks he's worth a #6 overall

Probably looking at a 2nd rounder now.

^^^Jamison^^^
brownie man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we bring in Kelly I'd take him.
freakygeniuskid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HADEN4PREZIDENT wrote:
StewieRules wrote:

Probably looking at a 2nd rounder now.

A lot of draft guys are starting to look at the other options (Barkley, Smith, Glennon) and wondering if a QB needy team like Buffalo or JAX will bite the bullet and take the risk on his potential. I think right now if he blows up the combine/interviews his floor might be very early 2nd.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said at the beginning of the year to watch out for Tahj Boyd as I thought he would move into the late 1st round of the draft ( and many of you scoffed at the thought of it). As much as I love Boyd and as much as I am a Clemson fan, I dont believe he is #6 material. I would love for the Browns to trade down to around #15 and select him though. Exciting to think about, hope it happens!

The Browns select Tahj Boyd. AND BROWNS NATION REJOICES!

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.
Productiondawg

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownsfan214 wrote:
I said at the beginning of the year to watch out for Tahj Boyd as I thought he would move into the late 1st round of the draft ( and many of you scoffed at the thought of it). As much as I love Boyd and as much as I am a Clemson fan, I dont believe he is #6 material. I would love for the Browns to trade down to around #15 and select him though. Exciting to think about, hope it happens!

I don't understand how a QB who would be your first roun pick is not a good enough QB at 6 but good enough at 15. I respect your opinion on this forum a lot and I'm not even saying I like Boyd (haven't done enough research) but if he is good enough to take in the 1st round then he is identified as a potential franchise QB and I just don't think 9 spots matter when you 're talking about a franchise QB. There is a new CBA and a top 10 pick doesn't cost what it use to, and besides that you just can't put a price on a guy that will take your team to the next level.

Season tickets, section 315, since 06
See you in the Muni with the Tailgate DJs
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownsfan214 wrote:

I haven't seen as many of his games as you I'm sure, but what I've seen is an average college dual threat QB, who had one amazing bowl game. From what I've read he seems to have potential, but has not put it all together... I'd be very wary dropping a high pick on him and making him the defacto starter.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
brownsfan214 wrote:

I haven't seen as many of his games as you I'm sure, but what I've seen is an average college dual threat QB, who had one amazing bowl game. From what I've read he seems to have potential, but has not put it all together... I'd be very wary dropping a high pick on him and making him the defacto starter.

I've seen him a couple of times and I'm not that impressed with him. I saw several times where his Wr bailed him out. Granted I didn't see the last 20 mins or so of that bowl game, but what I saw wasn't that impressive.

If we get Kelly and don't get a QB, a guy I will watch heavily next year will be Keith Price out of Wash. Loved him against RG3 last year. Haven't watched him this year. Another guy, and he may become a crush for me is Bridgewater.

Thanks to ReggieCamp on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: