Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jason Garrett open to changes with Dallas Cowboys
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Webmaster


Site Admin
Joined: 05 Oct 2004
Posts: 8212
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman has been banned for a month. He's been given numerous warnings, yet continues to violate the forum rules.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Northland


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 4055
Location: Ajax, Ontario
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atran35 wrote:
Oh sorry...hahaha...I thought we were debating about JG play calling...any ideas if JJ pulls the trigger on an OC when will it likely happen???


No worries atran.A lot of us seem to forget that JG has been the OC for six years now? That's a long time for an OC and QB to be together. The fact that he still has problems making in game adjustments troubles me. And I think this RKG thing is a little overrated. Yes they played hard for him, but we still remained one of the most penalized and undisciplined teams in the league. That's not the mark of RKG's.

No ideas about an OC. Previous posts (not sure if it was on this topic, or another) indicated how well Callahan did in Oakland. We could have the guy on our staff. My concern is we have a stud RB (when healthy) and we don't emphasize the run enough for my liking. Keeping a defense honest and hopefully off balance helps any offense. That's my two cents. The pieces could be on board. Do we have someone who can orchestrate it?
_________________
Northland
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 28955
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northland wrote:
No worries atran.A lot of us seem to forget that JG has been the OC for six years now? That's a long time for an OC and QB to be together. The fact that he still has problems making in game adjustments troubles me. And I think this RKG thing is a little overrated. Yes they played hard for him, but we still remained one of the most penalized and undisciplined teams in the league. That's not the mark of RKG's.


I seem to remember before the Washington game, people were giving credit to the coaching staff for making adjustments during the second half of the game. The team had trouble in the first half, but seemed to be able to adjust once they had a feel for what there opponent was doing.

We were one of the most penalized teams, yes...but so were the Redskins and Rams, both teams led by "hard-nosed" coaches in Shanahan and Fisher. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but I'd be interested to see how many of those penalties were committed by guys brought in by Garrett since he has been the head coach. It seemed to me that most of the time, penalties were committed by players who were brought in under Phillips and aren't likely to be here next season.
_________________

^^^Deadpulse
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
atran35


Joined: 22 Dec 2007
Posts: 3086
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Northland wrote:
No worries atran.A lot of us seem to forget that JG has been the OC for six years now? That's a long time for an OC and QB to be together. The fact that he still has problems making in game adjustments troubles me. And I think this RKG thing is a little overrated. Yes they played hard for him, but we still remained one of the most penalized and undisciplined teams in the league. That's not the mark of RKG's.


I seem to remember before the Washington game, people were giving credit to the coaching staff for making adjustments during the second half of the game. The team had trouble in the first half, but seemed to be able to adjust once they had a feel for what there opponent was doing.

We were one of the most penalized teams, yes...but so were the Redskins and Rams, both teams led by "hard-nosed" coaches in Shanahan and Fisher. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but I'd be interested to see how many of those penalties were committed by guys brought in by Garrett since he has been the head coach. It seemed to me that most of the time, penalties were committed by players who were brought in under Phillips and aren't likely to be here next season.


I believe they were talking about the defense ability to shutdown teams after allowing them to score 21 points. At which point, JG said Tony...go no huddle. Seriously! JG basically said ROMO...it's all on you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 28955
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atran35 wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
Northland wrote:
No worries atran.A lot of us seem to forget that JG has been the OC for six years now? That's a long time for an OC and QB to be together. The fact that he still has problems making in game adjustments troubles me. And I think this RKG thing is a little overrated. Yes they played hard for him, but we still remained one of the most penalized and undisciplined teams in the league. That's not the mark of RKG's.


I seem to remember before the Washington game, people were giving credit to the coaching staff for making adjustments during the second half of the game. The team had trouble in the first half, but seemed to be able to adjust once they had a feel for what there opponent was doing.

We were one of the most penalized teams, yes...but so were the Redskins and Rams, both teams led by "hard-nosed" coaches in Shanahan and Fisher. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but I'd be interested to see how many of those penalties were committed by guys brought in by Garrett since he has been the head coach. It seemed to me that most of the time, penalties were committed by players who were brought in under Phillips and aren't likely to be here next season.


I believe they were talking about the defense ability to shutdown teams after allowing them to score 21 points. At which point, JG said Tony...go no huddle. Seriously! JG basically said ROMO...it's all on you.


The defense (which was injury-riddled to say the least) came up big against Pittsburgh, did well against New Orleans toward the end (unfortunately lost due to a fluke play) and put the team in position to drive down the field and at the very least tie the game until a Romo interception negated the big defensive play.
_________________

^^^Deadpulse
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Football Mensa


Joined: 13 Dec 2012
Posts: 621
Location: Texas via Louisiana and I love being Cajun...
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Zapp wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
sniderboys23 wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
atran35 wrote:
JG evaluation needs to be on himself as an OC. We didn't start scoring points till ROMO went NO HUDDLE while we were down by an average of 21 points. How are you the OC when you can't score for 3 quarters then put it all on the QB?


Garrett's evaluation of himself will find nothing wrong with status quo. Garrett believes he is a genius. Right now though he looking like one of the bigger crawfish I have seen in my life.
man u guys really need to listen to these more closely. Or research some.
Not sure I it's same interview or not but on the fan here locally they had a one on one interview with him. Reporter asked bout his play calling duties. JG's response first said after a game we go over game as coaches, I'm hard on myself. I feel every game I feel I could've called or done many different calls in the game. When I hv the meetings with the players we go over their mistakes. Then As coaches we go out and try to help the players over come this and get better everyday.


Now of course I para phrased some of that. Going straight off of memory. But the info is there for you guys. Don't sit up here and think he doesn't think his doo doo doesn't stink. I truly believe he knows his faults and will correct them.


One would hope he would. However he was a poor playcaller last season and continued with his poor playcalling this season. He said the coaches try and help the players improve , who helps Garrett improve ? If he was so bad handling playcalling duties last season why didn't he seek an oc for this season ? Don't give me the Callahan line. He was a figurehead. That's one of the biggest problems in Dallas. They are alway 2-3 years behind.

I think Payton being recognized as maybe the best playcaller in the nfl bothers Garrett. Fact is Payton is light years a head of Garrett.


I feel like the playcalling argument is really just a scapegoat for people who are just looking for a reason to not like a head coach or for people who dont really know what they are talking about. The truth is there are only a handful of teams fans every year who end up happy with their teams play calling and thats just usually a result of their team making the super bowl or vastly exceeding preseason expectations. But our team is different you say, the play calling really is horrible! So you mean to tell me you think you can understand and read a defenses and react to it better than a man who was an NFL quarterback for nearly a decade? You think that even with the almighty power of hindsight, even then you could put together a better offensive game plan than a Stanford educated man who has been around football his entire life? Really? REALLY?

Quote:
He is a Princeton graduate. But you knew that right ?


One of Garrets biggest issues last year was asset managment (time outs, clock managment, etc). Which is somewhat understandable for a first year head coach, but im not hear to argue that. The point at hand was wether or not Garret can recognize his weakness as a head coach in the National Football League and improve and progress. Even though our record may not have shown it, I would argue he did. If you would like to argue a contradictory stand point fine. I love hearing different opinions. But give me something better than "playcalling" as an argument.

Quote:
I don't need to argue the point. I know he didn't. See Ravens game. Btw records matter.


Also, im not sure how the last comment has anything to do with the argument. Have you ran in to Garret, had a conversation with him, and he confided in you? Or is there an article out there about this that I havent seen? Usually im good about keeping up with those kind of things Confused


Do you know who I know ? If you don't then maybe you're speaking on assumption.
_________________
A circle. The direction the Cowboys continue to travel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PincheJimmy


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 1412
Location: Flower Mound, TX
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
Captain Zapp wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
sniderboys23 wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
atran35 wrote:
JG evaluation needs to be on himself as an OC. We didn't start scoring points till ROMO went NO HUDDLE while we were down by an average of 21 points. How are you the OC when you can't score for 3 quarters then put it all on the QB?


Garrett's evaluation of himself will find nothing wrong with status quo. Garrett believes he is a genius. Right now though he looking like one of the bigger crawfish I have seen in my life.
man u guys really need to listen to these more closely. Or research some.
Not sure I it's same interview or not but on the fan here locally they had a one on one interview with him. Reporter asked bout his play calling duties. JG's response first said after a game we go over game as coaches, I'm hard on myself. I feel every game I feel I could've called or done many different calls in the game. When I hv the meetings with the players we go over their mistakes. Then As coaches we go out and try to help the players over come this and get better everyday.


Now of course I para phrased some of that. Going straight off of memory. But the info is there for you guys. Don't sit up here and think he doesn't think his doo doo doesn't stink. I truly believe he knows his faults and will correct them.


One would hope he would. However he was a poor playcaller last season and continued with his poor playcalling this season. He said the coaches try and help the players improve , who helps Garrett improve ? If he was so bad handling playcalling duties last season why didn't he seek an oc for this season ? Don't give me the Callahan line. He was a figurehead. That's one of the biggest problems in Dallas. They are alway 2-3 years behind.

I think Payton being recognized as maybe the best playcaller in the nfl bothers Garrett. Fact is Payton is light years a head of Garrett.


I feel like the playcalling argument is really just a scapegoat for people who are just looking for a reason to not like a head coach or for people who dont really know what they are talking about. The truth is there are only a handful of teams fans every year who end up happy with their teams play calling and thats just usually a result of their team making the super bowl or vastly exceeding preseason expectations. But our team is different you say, the play calling really is horrible! So you mean to tell me you think you can understand and read a defenses and react to it better than a man who was an NFL quarterback for nearly a decade? You think that even with the almighty power of hindsight, even then you could put together a better offensive game plan than a Stanford educated man who has been around football his entire life? Really? REALLY?

Quote:
He is a Princeton graduate. But you knew that right ?


One of Garrets biggest issues last year was asset managment (time outs, clock managment, etc). Which is somewhat understandable for a first year head coach, but im not hear to argue that. The point at hand was wether or not Garret can recognize his weakness as a head coach in the National Football League and improve and progress. Even though our record may not have shown it, I would argue he did. If you would like to argue a contradictory stand point fine. I love hearing different opinions. But give me something better than "playcalling" as an argument.

Quote:
I don't need to argue the point. I know he didn't. See Ravens game. Btw records matter.


Also, im not sure how the last comment has anything to do with the argument. Have you ran in to Garret, had a conversation with him, and he confided in you? Or is there an article out there about this that I havent seen? Usually im good about keeping up with those kind of things Confused


Do you know who I know ? If you don't then maybe you're speaking on assumption.



Until proven otherwise , that's pretty much what all of us can do is assume, anyone can be whoever they want behind the keyboard Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 38389
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
For the record, I can pee further.


when I made this comment, I was attempting to make a joke while acknowledging I hear what HT is saying and I agree. I shouldn't keep banging my head against a wall. After seeing the last two pages just now, I apologize for the comment. It did not go down the path I thought - it was a poor attempt at humor.
_________________

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Northland


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 4055
Location: Ajax, Ontario
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Northland wrote:
No worries atran.A lot of us seem to forget that JG has been the OC for six years now? That's a long time for an OC and QB to be together. The fact that he still has problems making in game adjustments troubles me. And I think this RKG thing is a little overrated. Yes they played hard for him, but we still remained one of the most penalized and undisciplined teams in the league. That's not the mark of RKG's.


I seem to remember before the Washington game, people were giving credit to the coaching staff for making adjustments during the second half of the game. The team had trouble in the first half, but seemed to be able to adjust once they had a feel for what there opponent was doing.

We were one of the most penalized teams, yes...but so were the Redskins and Rams, both teams led by "hard-nosed" coaches in Shanahan and Fisher. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but I'd be interested to see how many of those penalties were committed by guys brought in by Garrett since he has been the head coach. It seemed to me that most of the time, penalties were committed by players who were brought in under Phillips and aren't likely to be here next season.


I'm not ready to annoint Garrett. I think he needs some help calling the plays. What bothers me the most is the lack of a running game, or the abandoning of the running game. Let me quote from Sturm, it somes up how I feel.

http://sturminator.blogspot.ca/2013/01/on-play-calling-norv-and-physicality.html

"I would not argue hard against the firing of Jason Garrett provided it was to turn the team over to a certain type of coach that could be seen as more of an organizational architect. That could be defined a number of ways, so let me clearly explain that to me that is the top tier of expensive, leverage-possessing coaches who could demand and receive a certain level of authority that is rarely afforded to a coach of the Cowboys. Since Jimmy Johnson, this was only given to Bill Parcells - a man who did not take over every responsibility when he was here, but he had the guts to say whatever was on his mind and only deferred to his boss when he wanted to."

"This coordinator does not value the running game, and he never has. In his 6 years running this offense, the team has never ranked higher than 15th in rushing attempts and has also become a team that almost never wins the battle at the line of scrimmage. Physical play is not emphasized and therefore it is not received. The Cowboys set a franchise low for rushing yards in a season in 2012 and instead put everything on the shoulders of their passing game and their QB. When you consider the physical style of the offensive line in San Francisco, it in no way resembles what the Cowboys have built, but it demonstrates how you build a team that does not count on its Quarterback to accomplish everything. The offensive lines in New Orleans or Green Bay do not scare anyone, but they seem to be happy to rely on their QB for everything. If we have decided that Romo is not of the elite quality of Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees, then perhaps you cannot build your team like they do. Perhaps, occasionally, you want to win a game with a physical brand of football. But, Jason Garrett is not thinking that way."

"Now, having said all of that, I am a big believer in the idea that Jason Garrett could use some help and a fresh set of eyes. I don't think that he is great at always looking on top of every decision as he tries to handle play-calling and the multiple responsibilities of being a head coach and an offensive coordinator. "

"Change is good sometimes in the NFL. Ramming your head against the same walls after coordinator and QB have been together since 2007 is too frustrating to go on. I want to see what might happen if the Cowboys started getting the play in to Romo with enough time to comfortably get the snap off. And to do so at a time where the defense cannot sit on the snap because of its proximity to :00."

"I'm just sure I don't want to see another year where the receiver looks confused on his hot route, Romo is yelling "kill, kill, kill!" with :02 left on the play-clock, and another record is set for lowest rushing yards."

"I am fine with trying something new."

For me Garrett needs to agree to getting some help. If he doesn't want help then I think change has to come.
_________________
Northland
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 28955
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northland wrote:
For me Garrett needs to agree to getting some help. If he doesn't want help then I think change has to come.


Believe me, I'm all for getting a new offensive coordinator, but I want Garrett to get at least one more year as the head coach. I want to see what this team can do with an off-season devoted to the trenches.
_________________

^^^Deadpulse
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Football Mensa


Joined: 13 Dec 2012
Posts: 621
Location: Texas via Louisiana and I love being Cajun...
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PincheJimmy wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
Captain Zapp wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
sniderboys23 wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
atran35 wrote:
JG evaluation needs to be on himself as an OC. We didn't start scoring points till ROMO went NO HUDDLE while we were down by an average of 21 points. How are you the OC when you can't score for 3 quarters then put it all on the QB?


Garrett's evaluation of himself will find nothing wrong with status quo. Garrett believes he is a genius. Right now though he looking like one of the bigger crawfish I have seen in my life.
man u guys really need to listen to these more closely. Or research some.
Not sure I it's same interview or not but on the fan here locally they had a one on one interview with him. Reporter asked bout his play calling duties. JG's response first said after a game we go over game as coaches, I'm hard on myself. I feel every game I feel I could've called or done many different calls in the game. When I hv the meetings with the players we go over their mistakes. Then As coaches we go out and try to help the players over come this and get better everyday.


Now of course I para phrased some of that. Going straight off of memory. But the info is there for you guys. Don't sit up here and think he doesn't think his doo doo doesn't stink. I truly believe he knows his faults and will correct them.


One would hope he would. However he was a poor playcaller last season and continued with his poor playcalling this season. He said the coaches try and help the players improve , who helps Garrett improve ? If he was so bad handling playcalling duties last season why didn't he seek an oc for this season ? Don't give me the Callahan line. He was a figurehead. That's one of the biggest problems in Dallas. They are alway 2-3 years behind.

I think Payton being recognized as maybe the best playcaller in the nfl bothers Garrett. Fact is Payton is light years a head of Garrett.


I feel like the playcalling argument is really just a scapegoat for people who are just looking for a reason to not like a head coach or for people who dont really know what they are talking about. The truth is there are only a handful of teams fans every year who end up happy with their teams play calling and thats just usually a result of their team making the super bowl or vastly exceeding preseason expectations. But our team is different you say, the play calling really is horrible! So you mean to tell me you think you can understand and read a defenses and react to it better than a man who was an NFL quarterback for nearly a decade? You think that even with the almighty power of hindsight, even then you could put together a better offensive game plan than a Stanford educated man who has been around football his entire life? Really? REALLY?

Quote:
He is a Princeton graduate. But you knew that right ?


One of Garrets biggest issues last year was asset managment (time outs, clock managment, etc). Which is somewhat understandable for a first year head coach, but im not hear to argue that. The point at hand was wether or not Garret can recognize his weakness as a head coach in the National Football League and improve and progress. Even though our record may not have shown it, I would argue he did. If you would like to argue a contradictory stand point fine. I love hearing different opinions. But give me something better than "playcalling" as an argument.

Quote:
I don't need to argue the point. I know he didn't. See Ravens game. Btw records matter.


Also, im not sure how the last comment has anything to do with the argument. Have you ran in to Garret, had a conversation with him, and he confided in you? Or is there an article out there about this that I havent seen? Usually im good about keeping up with those kind of things Confused


Do you know who I know ? If you don't then maybe you're speaking on assumption.



Until proven otherwise , that's pretty much what all of us can do is assume, anyone can be whoever they want behind the keyboard Smile




One should never assume about anothers personal life. Opinions , fair game.
_________________
A circle. The direction the Cowboys continue to travel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Northland


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 4055
Location: Ajax, Ontario
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Northland wrote:
For me Garrett needs to agree to getting some help. If he doesn't want help then I think change has to come.


Believe me, I'm all for getting a new offensive coordinator, but I want Garrett to get at least one more year as the head coach. I want to see what this team can do with an off-season devoted to the trenches.


I am all for upgrading the trenches but we will have to bring in a mix of veterans and drafted youth on the o line. Committing to youth may result in the dreaded learning curve which may not see much if any improvement initially.

Despite our critiques I still think this team can go places if the right changes are made. The skill positions are solid. The line play must improve.

Defensively I will stick with Ryan. I think in year one he did not have the CB play to fully implement the pressure schemes he wanted. And this year he was hit hard with injuries.
_________________
Northland
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PincheJimmy


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 1412
Location: Flower Mound, TX
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
PincheJimmy wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
Captain Zapp wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
sniderboys23 wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
atran35 wrote:
JG evaluation needs to be on himself as an OC. We didn't start scoring points till ROMO went NO HUDDLE while we were down by an average of 21 points. How are you the OC when you can't score for 3 quarters then put it all on the QB?


Garrett's evaluation of himself will find nothing wrong with status quo. Garrett believes he is a genius. Right now though he looking like one of the bigger crawfish I have seen in my life.
man u guys really need to listen to these more closely. Or research some.
Not sure I it's same interview or not but on the fan here locally they had a one on one interview with him. Reporter asked bout his play calling duties. JG's response first said after a game we go over game as coaches, I'm hard on myself. I feel every game I feel I could've called or done many different calls in the game. When I hv the meetings with the players we go over their mistakes. Then As coaches we go out and try to help the players over come this and get better everyday.


Now of course I para phrased some of that. Going straight off of memory. But the info is there for you guys. Don't sit up here and think he doesn't think his doo doo doesn't stink. I truly believe he knows his faults and will correct them.


One would hope he would. However he was a poor playcaller last season and continued with his poor playcalling this season. He said the coaches try and help the players improve , who helps Garrett improve ? If he was so bad handling playcalling duties last season why didn't he seek an oc for this season ? Don't give me the Callahan line. He was a figurehead. That's one of the biggest problems in Dallas. They are alway 2-3 years behind.

I think Payton being recognized as maybe the best playcaller in the nfl bothers Garrett. Fact is Payton is light years a head of Garrett.


I feel like the playcalling argument is really just a scapegoat for people who are just looking for a reason to not like a head coach or for people who dont really know what they are talking about. The truth is there are only a handful of teams fans every year who end up happy with their teams play calling and thats just usually a result of their team making the super bowl or vastly exceeding preseason expectations. But our team is different you say, the play calling really is horrible! So you mean to tell me you think you can understand and read a defenses and react to it better than a man who was an NFL quarterback for nearly a decade? You think that even with the almighty power of hindsight, even then you could put together a better offensive game plan than a Stanford educated man who has been around football his entire life? Really? REALLY?

Quote:
He is a Princeton graduate. But you knew that right ?


One of Garrets biggest issues last year was asset managment (time outs, clock managment, etc). Which is somewhat understandable for a first year head coach, but im not hear to argue that. The point at hand was wether or not Garret can recognize his weakness as a head coach in the National Football League and improve and progress. Even though our record may not have shown it, I would argue he did. If you would like to argue a contradictory stand point fine. I love hearing different opinions. But give me something better than "playcalling" as an argument.

Quote:
I don't need to argue the point. I know he didn't. See Ravens game. Btw records matter.


Also, im not sure how the last comment has anything to do with the argument. Have you ran in to Garret, had a conversation with him, and he confided in you? Or is there an article out there about this that I havent seen? Usually im good about keeping up with those kind of things Confused


Do you know who I know ? If you don't then maybe you're speaking on assumption.



Until proven otherwise , that's pretty much what all of us can do is assume, anyone can be whoever they want behind the keyboard Smile




One should never assume about anothers personal life. Opinions , fair game.



Make me no diff, but when you underline "KNOW, see Ravens game" you leave yourself open to that line of questioning . Are you basing that on the Raven game of you actually know someone in the organization with inside knowledge who happen to tell you All the going ons at Valley Ranch. Not trying to beat you down for it but I'm bored tonight Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Captain Zapp


Joined: 03 Jan 2012
Posts: 261
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
Captain Zapp wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
sniderboys23 wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
atran35 wrote:
JG evaluation needs to be on himself as an OC. We didn't start scoring points till ROMO went NO HUDDLE while we were down by an average of 21 points. How are you the OC when you can't score for 3 quarters then put it all on the QB?


Garrett's evaluation of himself will find nothing wrong with status quo. Garrett believes he is a genius. Right now though he looking like one of the bigger crawfish I have seen in my life.
man u guys really need to listen to these more closely. Or research some.
Not sure I it's same interview or not but on the fan here locally they had a one on one interview with him. Reporter asked bout his play calling duties. JG's response first said after a game we go over game as coaches, I'm hard on myself. I feel every game I feel I could've called or done many different calls in the game. When I hv the meetings with the players we go over their mistakes. Then As coaches we go out and try to help the players over come this and get better everyday.


Now of course I para phrased some of that. Going straight off of memory. But the info is there for you guys. Don't sit up here and think he doesn't think his doo doo doesn't stink. I truly believe he knows his faults and will correct them.


One would hope he would. However he was a poor playcaller last season and continued with his poor playcalling this season. He said the coaches try and help the players improve , who helps Garrett improve ? If he was so bad handling playcalling duties last season why didn't he seek an oc for this season ? Don't give me the Callahan line. He was a figurehead. That's one of the biggest problems in Dallas. They are alway 2-3 years behind.

I think Payton being recognized as maybe the best playcaller in the nfl bothers Garrett. Fact is Payton is light years a head of Garrett.


I feel like the playcalling argument is really just a scapegoat for people who are just looking for a reason to not like a head coach or for people who dont really know what they are talking about. The truth is there are only a handful of teams fans every year who end up happy with their teams play calling and thats just usually a result of their team making the super bowl or vastly exceeding preseason expectations. But our team is different you say, the play calling really is horrible! So you mean to tell me you think you can understand and read a defenses and react to it better than a man who was an NFL quarterback for nearly a decade? You think that even with the almighty power of hindsight, even then you could put together a better offensive game plan than a Stanford educated man who has been around football his entire life? Really? REALLY?

Quote:
He is a Princeton graduate. But you knew that right ?


One of Garrets biggest issues last year was asset managment (time outs, clock managment, etc). Which is somewhat understandable for a first year head coach, but im not hear to argue that. The point at hand was wether or not Garret can recognize his weakness as a head coach in the National Football League and improve and progress. Even though our record may not have shown it, I would argue he did. If you would like to argue a contradictory stand point fine. I love hearing different opinions. But give me something better than "playcalling" as an argument.

Quote:
I don't need to argue the point. I know he didn't. See Ravens game. Btw records matter.


Also, im not sure how the last comment has anything to do with the argument. Have you ran in to Garret, had a conversation with him, and he confided in you? Or is there an article out there about this that I havent seen? Usually im good about keeping up with those kind of things Confused


Do you know who I know ? If you don't then maybe you're speaking on assumption.
\

1. Sorry I was in a rush and typed the wrong college because I was in a rush, but yes I did know that. Alhough once again im not sure what that has to do with the debate at hand. But I do like how you ignored everything that did have to do with it.

2. If you think you KNOW that Jason Garret didnt progress in that area that just goes to show how little you truly do know, not just about football but life in general. BTW, I never said records dont matter. But I like how you tried to imply that I did in order to enhance your argument since you really dont have any. Kind of like the Garret needs to be fired b/c of play calling argument. You want to argue he should be fired or stripped of OC duties. Ok, im willing to listen. But back up your argument with something better than "Play Calling". And if you feel you dont need to argue your points why are you on a message board designed to debate, discuss, and argue?

3. Actually thats innacurate. Notice the question mark at the end of the sentence. Im not sure how I can be speaking on assumptions in a question. If you in fact do talk to Garrett directly or are close to someone who is close to him, it would be amazing if you could share some of your inside information instead of giving vague and condescending answers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Football Mensa


Joined: 13 Dec 2012
Posts: 621
Location: Texas via Louisiana and I love being Cajun...
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[
1. Sorry I was in a rush and typed the wrong college because I was in a rush, but yes I did know that. Alhough once again im not sure what that has to do with the debate at hand. But I do like how you ignored everything that did have to do with it.

2. If you think you KNOW that Jason Garret didnt progress in that area that just goes to show how little you truly do know, not just about football but life in general. BTW, I never said records dont matter. But I like how you tried to imply that I did in order to enhance your argument since you really dont have any. Kind of like the Garret needs to be fired b/c of play calling argument. You want to argue he should be fired or stripped of OC duties. Ok, im willing to listen. But back up your argument with something better than "Play Calling". And if you feel you dont need to argue your points why are you on a message board designed to debate, discuss, and argue?

Quote:
LOL. Were you in a rush ? His record the last 6 seasons as PLAYCALLER backs up my argument. What is your point about him being worthy as coach ? Just wondering is 8-8 every season your definition of success ? Did you see progress in him as a motivator ? Jumping out to 21 point deficits isn't my idea of a motivator.



3. Actually thats innacurate. Notice the question mark at the end of the sentence. Im not sure how I can be speaking on assumptions in a question. If you in fact do talk to Garrett directly or are close to someone who is close to him, it would be amazing if you could share some of your inside information instead of giving vague and condescending answers[/quote]

Quote:
Dude one thing is for sure ...you DON'T know who I know. I have been very fortunate to make friends with people I never thought I would be privy too. With that comes a certain responsibility. Assume away sport because at this point that is all you have.


Debating is great. I love an intense spirited debate. Useless arguing though will get you no where.
_________________
A circle. The direction the Cowboys continue to travel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group