Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jason Garrett open to changes with Dallas Cowboys
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
TD-ES-JJ


Joined: 25 Feb 2005
Posts: 1794
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Webmaster wrote:
The_Slamman has been banned for a month. He's been given numerous warnings, yet continues to violate the forum rules.


This forum is now a lot less interesting. I understand you feel you are protecting your business so do what you feel is right. Deuces!
_________________


Sig Courtesy of thesickness89
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
textaz03


Moderator
Joined: 09 Nov 2004
Posts: 11232
Location: Land of the Jersey Devil!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TD-ES-JJ wrote:
Webmaster wrote:
The_Slamman has been banned for a month. He's been given numerous warnings, yet continues to violate the forum rules.


This forum is now a lot less interesting. I understand you feel you are protecting your business so do what you feel is right. Deuces!
if you have an issue with this, PM Webby. Otherwise, leave the subject alone, we don't question the decisions of Webby in the open.

Thanks.
_________________




"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Captain Zapp


Joined: 03 Jan 2012
Posts: 261
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
[
1. Sorry I was in a rush and typed the wrong college because I was in a rush, but yes I did know that. Alhough once again im not sure what that has to do with the debate at hand. But I do like how you ignored everything that did have to do with it.

2. If you think you KNOW that Jason Garret didnt progress in that area that just goes to show how little you truly do know, not just about football but life in general. BTW, I never said records dont matter. But I like how you tried to imply that I did in order to enhance your argument since you really dont have any. Kind of like the Garret needs to be fired b/c of play calling argument. You want to argue he should be fired or stripped of OC duties. Ok, im willing to listen. But back up your argument with something better than "Play Calling". And if you feel you dont need to argue your points why are you on a message board designed to debate, discuss, and argue?

Quote:
LOL. Were you in a rush ?

Yes, I was in a rush. Im not sure how that is LOL worthy. Some people have busy lives and have to post from their smart phones. That can make correct grammar and fact checking rather dificult sometimes. Apologies, I didnt realize you were so sensitive to it. Once again I like how you ignored everything that actually had to do with the point at hand though

His record the last 6 seasons as PLAYCALLER backs up my argument. What is your point about him being worthy as coach ?

I never made or attempted to make a point about him being worthy as our coach. But let me get this straight. Your argument is that for the past 6 years Garret is directly responsible for the teams record and therefore unworthy to be our head coach? Even when he was just the OC it was all on him? No blame goes to the HC, DC, ST, GM, players, injuries, trainers, assistants, etc. But ALL on Garrett? Well Ill agree to disagree there.

The original point (which you continue to deflect and run away from) was wether or not Garret is smart enough to recognize, correct, and improve the areas of his football team and himself as a head coach that havent been up to standard the past two seasons. I gave one example of how he has improved: Asset Managment. Where as it was a complete joke his first season, I was impressed with how he handle the clock for the most part during the year. Lightyears better than in 2011.


Just wondering is 8-8 every season your definition of success ?

No, Did I say it was or are you trying to imply that I did again to improve your argument since you dont really have any? In fact, I even mentioned that our record did not improve. But I guess you only see what you want, because that wouldnt be good for your argument.

Did you see progress in him as a motivator ? Jumping out to 21 point deficits isn't my idea of a motivator.


Its actually really hard to tell if he progressed as a motivator unless your in the locker room and out at practice with him everyday BOTH years. Then you could compare and contrast. I would ask you if you have been around him and if so share that amazing insight with everyone here. But im scared I'd just get accused of being assumptive and then be left with nothing but vague, cryptic replies about how you "know" people. But If Garret gets ALL the credit for the team starting out down 21-0 a few times then shouldnt he get ALL the credit for the team making all those 4th quarter comebacks? Not saying I believe that but it seems like you do. So by that logic yes, he has improved as a motivator .

3. Actually thats innacurate. Notice the question mark at the end of the sentence. Im not sure how I can be speaking on assumptions in a question. If you in fact do talk to Garrett directly or are close to someone who is close to him, it would be amazing if you could share some of your inside information instead of giving vague and condescending answers


Quote:
Dude one thing is for sure ...you DON'T know who I know. I have been very fortunate to make friends with people I never thought I would be privy too. With that comes a certain responsibility. Assume away sport because at this point that is all you have.

Oh hey look, theres another cryptic reply that answers nothing! Ok, let me give you a basic english lesson sport since apparently you dont understand what the word assume means.

Example 1: Did you get me the sports drink I asked for? (Non assumptive)

Example 2: Did you get me the blue sports drink or the yellow sports drink. (Assumptive, Im assuming you got me a sports drink at all)


Asking: Do you know or talk to Jerry Jones or anyone close to him isnt assumptive DUDE. It was an honest question. One you completely continue to dodge. If you really do have inside information about the Cowboys or are close to the organization, Im sure every person here would love to hear about it. Im not saying sell out your source, I think we all understand how that goes. But the, you dont know me bro, type attitude is just going to make everyne think your full of it.


Debating is great. I love an intense spirited debate. Useless arguing though will get you no where.


Its only useless arguing because you completely ignore the topic at hand, chose to take one or two things I said that had the least amount to do with the topic, then try to attack and break those down. My first post to you never strayed off topic and asked you honest questions about the Cowboy organization and your opinion. All you have displayed an ability to do is attack about something off hand and give VERY vague reasons for why we should trust your "inside" information with the cowboys but wont explain why or where its coming from.


Last edited by Captain Zapp on Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Football Mensa


Joined: 13 Dec 2012
Posts: 621
Location: Texas via Louisiana and I love being Cajun...
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His record the last 6 seasons as PLAYCALLER backs up my argument. What is your point about him being worthy as coach ?

I never made or attempted to make a point about him being worthy as our coach. The original point (which you continue to deflect and run away from) was wether or not Garret is smart enough to recognize, correct, and improve the areas of his football team and himself as a head coach that havent been up to standard the past two seasons. I gave one example of how he has improved: Asset Managment. Where as it was a complete joke his first season, I was impressed with how he handle the clock for the most part during the year. Lightyears better than in 2011.


8-8 again answers the question. Jumping out to 21 deficits answers the question. Losing two consecutive win and in games answers the question.

Assest management ?....Murray is an assestt who was under utilized.

Yayy, you can type in blue. Now, this has become useless and boring. Now find another subject to debate.
_________________
A circle. The direction the Cowboys continue to travel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Captain Zapp


Joined: 03 Jan 2012
Posts: 261
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
His record the last 6 seasons as PLAYCALLER backs up my argument. What is your point about him being worthy as coach ?

I never made or attempted to make a point about him being worthy as our coach. The original point (which you continue to deflect and run away from) was wether or not Garret is smart enough to recognize, correct, and improve the areas of his football team and himself as a head coach that havent been up to standard the past two seasons. I gave one example of how he has improved: Asset Managment. Where as it was a complete joke his first season, I was impressed with how he handle the clock for the most part during the year. Lightyears better than in 2011.


8-8 again answers the question. Jumping out to 21 deficits answers the question. Losing two consecutive win and in games answers the question.

Assest management ?....Murray is an assestt who was under utilized.

Yayy, you can type in blue. Now, this has become useless and boring. Now find another subject to debate.


Haha, the blue was to try to make it easier to read since im not too great at breaking all the quotes up yet. Once again my apologies I forget how sensitive of a man you are. But your right, its time for a new topic since apparently you dont know how to have discussions above a 5th grade level.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Football Mensa


Joined: 13 Dec 2012
Posts: 621
Location: Texas via Louisiana and I love being Cajun...
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Zapp wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
His record the last 6 seasons as PLAYCALLER backs up my argument. What is your point about him being worthy as coach ?

I never made or attempted to make a point about him being worthy as our coach. The original point (which you continue to deflect and run away from) was wether or not Garret is smart enough to recognize, correct, and improve the areas of his football team and himself as a head coach that havent been up to standard the past two seasons. I gave one example of how he has improved: Asset Managment. Where as it was a complete joke his first season, I was impressed with how he handle the clock for the most part during the year. Lightyears better than in 2011.


8-8 again answers the question. Jumping out to 21 deficits answers the question. Losing two consecutive win and in games answers the question.

Assest management ?....Murray is an assestt who was under utilized.

Yayy, you can type in blue. Now, this has become useless and boring. Now find another subject to debate.


Haha, the blue was to try to make it easier to read since im not too great at breaking all the quotes up yet. Once again my apologies I forget how sensitive of a man you are. But your right, its time for a new topic since apparently you dont know how to have discussions above a 5th grade level.


Ya I am new to the site also and learning the format. I answered your initial point but it wasn't what you wanted to hear. Sorry bro.
_________________
A circle. The direction the Cowboys continue to travel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 20462
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
Is anyone else tired of all TheSlamPlan vs Matts/T_O7 crap or is it just me? It has gotten to the point that seemingly every thread comes down to Slam/Plan arguing with Matts/T_O7.

I used to be neutral in the whole "realists" vs optimists thing. Then I started siding with the "realists" during the Phillips era. Then, when I saw that Garrett had things slowly moving in the right direction, I moved over to the optimists side of things. Now, I am just [inappropriate/removed] tired of all the bickering. Why does every damn thread have to be an argument? We can't even have any actual discussions about football without it turning into a pissing contest. Seriously, this is what every thread looks like now...

Matts - I like the direction Jason Garrett has this team headed, even if his play calling leaves a lot to be desired.

T_O7 - Yeah, it is nice to see the team moving in the right direction. I just wish we had a real OC.

Slam - Garrett will never give up playcalling. He said so once.

Plan - Slam's right. Jerry is too dumb to make Garrett give up playcalling.

Matts - JG said he would be open to it. Heres a link.

Slam - He was lying. He said he won't do it. Here's a link to that.

Plan - That's right Slam. He was talking out of both sides of his mouth. Oh and Jerry is dumb and we need a real GM who will fix the o-line.

T_O7 - What does Jerry as GM have to do with this topic?

Slam - There T_O7 goes, sticking up for Jerry again. APOLOGIST!

Matts - Slam, there you go twisting people's words again. Liar.

Slam - No you are.

Matts - No you are.

Slam - No you are.

Matts - No you are.

Plan - Jerry is dumb. I hate him.

Seriously, that's what it looks like every time you guys start "debating". Just agree to disagree and move on already. If you know nothing good will come from the discussion, why have it? If you know someone is going to troll a thread and twist everything around, why respond to the [inappropriate/removed] they say? Quit bickering so damn much and maybe this forum can get back to where it used to be. You know, back when we could discuss football related topics without needing a tape measure to see who can pee the farthest.


While I openly laughed at the impov conversation due to the general pinpoint accuracy on your part, I actually wasn't taking any side this time, ht. It kinda bothers me that we can't tell what Garrett's intentions are because he has said two totally contradictory things in the course of a few days. It makes him come across as an arrogant and untrustworthy fool, just like his boss. Wink
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CowboysTilIDie


Joined: 09 Jan 2012
Posts: 3561
Location: Amarillo, TX
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
htfryar wrote:
Is anyone else tired of all TheSlamPlan vs Matts/T_O7 crap or is it just me? It has gotten to the point that seemingly every thread comes down to Slam/Plan arguing with Matts/T_O7.

I used to be neutral in the whole "realists" vs optimists thing. Then I started siding with the "realists" during the Phillips era. Then, when I saw that Garrett had things slowly moving in the right direction, I moved over to the optimists side of things. Now, I am just [inappropriate/removed] tired of all the bickering. Why does every damn thread have to be an argument? We can't even have any actual discussions about football without it turning into a pissing contest. Seriously, this is what every thread looks like now...

Matts - I like the direction Jason Garrett has this team headed, even if his play calling leaves a lot to be desired.

T_O7 - Yeah, it is nice to see the team moving in the right direction. I just wish we had a real OC.

Slam - Garrett will never give up playcalling. He said so once.

Plan - Slam's right. Jerry is too dumb to make Garrett give up playcalling.

Matts - JG said he would be open to it. Heres a link.

Slam - He was lying. He said he won't do it. Here's a link to that.

Plan - That's right Slam. He was talking out of both sides of his mouth. Oh and Jerry is dumb and we need a real GM who will fix the o-line.

T_O7 - What does Jerry as GM have to do with this topic?

Slam - There T_O7 goes, sticking up for Jerry again. APOLOGIST!

Matts - Slam, there you go twisting people's words again. Liar.

Slam - No you are.

Matts - No you are.

Slam - No you are.

Matts - No you are.

Plan - Jerry is dumb. I hate him.

Seriously, that's what it looks like every time you guys start "debating". Just agree to disagree and move on already. If you know nothing good will come from the discussion, why have it? If you know someone is going to troll a thread and twist everything around, why respond to the [inappropriate/removed] they say? Quit bickering so damn much and maybe this forum can get back to where it used to be. You know, back when we could discuss football related topics without needing a tape measure to see who can pee the farthest.


While I openly laughed at the impov conversation due to the general pinpoint accuracy on your part, I actually wasn't taking any side this time, ht. It kinda bothers me that we can't tell what Garrett's intentions are because he has said two totally contradictory things in the course of a few days. It makes him come across as an arrogant and untrustworthy fool, just like his boss. Wink


It's so interesting to me how people can have such differing opinions about one guy. While you think Garrett comes across as arrogant and untrustworthy, I think he comes across as calculating and cautious. He never commits to something to the media. Thats a purely pre-calculated move on his part. He has said such in a recent presser. It may seem like he's talking out both sides of his mouth like you see him as doing, but to me he works on technicalities.

For instance his "I would anticipate the status-quo in that regard" quote. He didn't say, "I will be the playcaller next year" and he didn't say, "I will be giving up the playcalling duties next year." That statement completely leaves him room to maneuver should the status-quo change. He never committed to an answer.

Again, not trying to antaganize. I truly just find it interesting how people can interpret a person so differently.
_________________

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 20462
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: O Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
It's so interesting to me how people can have such differing opinions about one guy. While you think Garrett comes across as arrogant and untrustworthy, I think he comes across as calculating and cautious.


I'd say it's both because they aren't mutually exclusive.

Quote:
He never commits to something to the media. Thats a purely pre-calculated move on his part. He has said such in a recent presser. It may seem like he's talking out both sides of his mouth like you see him as doing, but to me he works on technicalities.


Hey, I've got nothing against a person not committing to a certain direction because it makes them look foolish should they change their mind. The problem is that Garrett specifically said that he wasn't giving up the play calling duties and also said that he would. That isn't being non-committal. That's being a politician and saying whatever it takes to make someone happy. The problem is that you can't trust him at his word because you don't actually know what it is. That's my issue. I'd rather have him either take a hardlined stance on one position or the other or not commit to a position, not take both positions. If he wants to behave that way, he should run for public office, not coach a football team.

Quote:
For instance his "I would anticipate the status-quo in that regard" quote. He didn't say, "I will be the playcaller next year" and he didn't say, "I will be giving up the playcalling duties next year." That statement completely leaves him room to maneuver should the status-quo change. He never committed to an answer.


In my opinion, following the status quo is committing to an answer.

Quote:
Again, not trying to antaganize. I truly just find it interesting how people can interpret a person so differently.


I never felt like you were being antagonistic, and I appreciate your point of view. I just feel a little differently because his behavior and responses to questions gave me a great deal of pause. I hope you're right and I'm wrong, but I'll always have my doubts.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
atran35


Joined: 22 Dec 2007
Posts: 2901
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to JG. If he is NOT open to bring in a coordinator then JJ should fire him immediately. His playing calling is unbalance and he did nothing this year except let ROMO go no huddle when they were down by 21 or more. Who here is tired of seeing the end a round handoff plays with the WRs?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 20462
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atran35 wrote:
Back to JG. If he is NOT open to bring in a coordinator then JJ should fire him immediately. His playing calling is unbalance and he did nothing this year except let ROMO go no huddle when they were down by 21 or more. Who here is tired of seeing the end a round handoff plays with the WRs?


I'm more tired with Garrett consistently being out-coached and by placing the team in the same negative situations over and over without learning from his mistakes.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blitz9493


Joined: 04 Feb 2008
Posts: 155
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
atran35 wrote:
Back to JG. If he is NOT open to bring in a coordinator then JJ should fire him immediately. His playing calling is unbalance and he did nothing this year except let ROMO go no huddle when they were down by 21 or more. Who here is tired of seeing the end a round handoff plays with the WRs?


I'm more tired with Garrett consistently being out-coached and by placing the team in the same negative situations over and over without learning from his mistakes.

I don't know if I agree with your assessment Plan. In 2011, we all were angry about how we were blowing leads late in the game and questioning the team's ability to make adjustments. In 2012, we dug ourselves into a hole in the first half and then often came back to battle it out in the final minutes. That, to me, felt like quite a difference.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 20462
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blitz9493 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
atran35 wrote:
Back to JG. If he is NOT open to bring in a coordinator then JJ should fire him immediately. His playing calling is unbalance and he did nothing this year except let ROMO go no huddle when they were down by 21 or more. Who here is tired of seeing the end a round handoff plays with the WRs?


I'm more tired with Garrett consistently being out-coached and by placing the team in the same negative situations over and over without learning from his mistakes.

I don't know if I agree with your assessment Plan. In 2011, we all were angry about how we were blowing leads late in the game and questioning the team's ability to make adjustments. In 2012, we dug ourselves into a hole in the first half and then often came back to battle it out in the final minutes. That, to me, felt like quite a difference.


So the fact that we wound up in the holes to begin with doesn't concern you? The fact that the only way we got out of them is when Garrett stopped calling conventional plays and let Romo go no-huddle doesn't bother you? Sorry man, but that's a sign of things getting worse, not better, in my eyes. A team is not well coached when it is behind for over 70% of its games. That's bad coaching with equally bad execution.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
htfryar


Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Posts: 10525
Location: Hot Springs, Arkansas
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't do it often, but I gotta agree with Plan on this one.

In 2011 we gave up big leads. In 2012 we fell behind early and had to come back. Both years, regardless of how we did it, we finished 8-8 with Garrett calling the plays. That is not improvement, that is just finding a different way to get the same result.
_________________


Arkansas Razorback DE Trey Flowers 2014 Stat Tracker - 13 tackles, 2 TFL, 0 sacks, 1 Pass Break Up
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group