Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jason Garrett open to changes with Dallas Cowboys
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
htfryar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
For the record, I can pee further.

That's because you drink beer and Slam does not.

Arkansas Razorback DE Trey Flowers 2014 Stat Tracker - 13 tackles, 2 TFL, 0 sacks, 1 Pass Break Up
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northland wrote:
Great post HT. I have no issue with a difference of opinion that's the point of the forum. I do learn a lot from many of the posters on here. I find the debates amusing at first. But when it goes on and on I think the mods have to step in and tell the participants enough already take it offline.

Sad thing is...we've tried. Believe me, we're over the back and forth pissing contests as well.

^^^mack
Captain Zapp

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
sniderboys23 wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
atran35 wrote:
JG evaluation needs to be on himself as an OC. We didn't start scoring points till ROMO went NO HUDDLE while we were down by an average of 21 points. How are you the OC when you can't score for 3 quarters then put it all on the QB?

Garrett's evaluation of himself will find nothing wrong with status quo. Garrett believes he is a genius. Right now though he looking like one of the bigger crawfish I have seen in my life.
man u guys really need to listen to these more closely. Or research some.
Not sure I it's same interview or not but on the fan here locally they had a one on one interview with him. Reporter asked bout his play calling duties. JG's response first said after a game we go over game as coaches, I'm hard on myself. I feel every game I feel I could've called or done many different calls in the game. When I hv the meetings with the players we go over their mistakes. Then As coaches we go out and try to help the players over come this and get better everyday.

Now of course I para phrased some of that. Going straight off of memory. But the info is there for you guys. Don't sit up here and think he doesn't think his doo doo doesn't stink. I truly believe he knows his faults and will correct them.

One would hope he would. However he was a poor playcaller last season and continued with his poor playcalling this season. He said the coaches try and help the players improve , who helps Garrett improve ? If he was so bad handling playcalling duties last season why didn't he seek an oc for this season ? Don't give me the Callahan line. He was a figurehead. That's one of the biggest problems in Dallas. They are alway 2-3 years behind.

I think Payton being recognized as maybe the best playcaller in the nfl bothers Garrett. Fact is Payton is light years a head of Garrett.

I feel like the playcalling argument is really just a scapegoat for people who are just looking for a reason to not like a head coach or for people who dont really know what they are talking about. The truth is there are only a handful of teams fans every year who end up happy with their teams play calling and thats just usually a result of their team making the super bowl or vastly exceeding preseason expectations. But our team is different you say, the play calling really is horrible! So you mean to tell me you think you can understand and read a defenses and react to it better than a man who was an NFL quarterback for nearly a decade? You think that even with the almighty power of hindsight, even then you could put together a better offensive game plan than a Stanford educated man who has been around football his entire life? Really? REALLY?

One of Garrets biggest issues last year was asset managment (time outs, clock managment, etc). Which is somewhat understandable for a first year head coach, but im not hear to argue that. The point at hand was wether or not Garret can recognize his weakness as a head coach in the National Football League and improve and progress. Even though our record may not have shown it, I would argue he did. If you would like to argue a contradictory stand point fine. I love hearing different opinions. But give me something better than "playcalling" as an argument.

Also, im not sure how the last comment has anything to do with the argument. Have you ran in to Garret, had a conversation with him, and he confided in you? Or is there an article out there about this that I havent seen? Usually im good about keeping up with those kind of things Confused

Last edited by Captain Zapp on Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Captain Zapp

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:

And, yes, Jerry talking away JG as a play caller when JG says it is best for the Cowboys and Romo for Garrett to be the play caller is emasculating. It weakens Garrett's authority with the team and offense... And that would be a good thing. But firing JG would probably be a better thing. Unlike you, I don't see a top 15 offense as a strength.

How so?
Northland

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Northland wrote:
Great post HT. I have no issue with a difference of opinion that's the point of the forum. I do learn a lot from many of the posters on here. I find the debates amusing at first. But when it goes on and on I think the mods have to step in and tell the participants enough already take it offline.

Sad thing is...we've tried. Believe me, we're over the back and forth pissing contests as well.

I appreciate the role the mods have and no doubt you have tried. Like I said it's amusing to a point.
atran35

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northland...it's not just us that debates JG playcalling. It's other analyst within Dallas Cowboys rank that are more specific. There is an Dallas Cowboys app that I have on my iphone that gets radio debates with Nate Newton; Drew Pearson; Danny White; etc...

They talk about his inability to adapt. When the Redskins were sending all out blitz...where were the screen passes? Why were we still running 10 to 15 yard patterns? Why are we using END AROUND patterns that consistently goes for no gains. As a play caller JG is completely focus on calling the game. Does he have time to get into a WR face and say RUN the right HOT ROUTE? Is he aware of the clock? Etc...

As a head coach...he has his players playing hard. That's what I want. But as a head coach he needs to manage the game and give up play calling. I want an experience play caller who completely concentrates on adapting to the defense...etc...
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atran35 wrote:
As a head coach...he has his players playing hard. That's what I want. But as a head coach he needs to manage the game and give up play calling. I want an experience play caller who completely concentrates on adapting to the defense...etc...

It's not so much the topic that is being discussed that's the issue, it's how it's discussed. We can't seem to have intelligent discussion without it devolving into a pissing contest between members, or the 'DCRA v. DCOA' conversation being brought up.

Frankly, it gets a bit old.

^^^mack
htfryar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
atran35 wrote:

It's not so much the topic that is being discussed that's the issue, it's how it's discussed. We can't seem to have intelligent discussion without it devolving into a pissing contest between members, or the 'DCRA v. DCOA' conversation being brought up.

Frankly, it got old about 6 months ago.

Fixed it for you.

Arkansas Razorback DE Trey Flowers 2014 Stat Tracker - 13 tackles, 2 TFL, 0 sacks, 1 Pass Break Up
Northland

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atran35 wrote:
Northland...it's not just us that debates JG playcalling. It's other analyst within Dallas Cowboys rank that are more specific. There is an Dallas Cowboys app that I have on my iphone that gets radio debates with Nate Newton; Drew Pearson; Danny White; etc...

They talk about his inability to adapt. When the Redskins were sending all out blitz...where were the screen passes? Why were we still running 10 to 15 yard patterns? Why are we using END AROUND patterns that consistently goes for no gains. As a play caller JG is completely focus on calling the game. Does he have time to get into a WR face and say RUN the right HOT ROUTE? Is he aware of the clock? Etc...

Atran I don't disaree with you and don't know why you addressed me. Getting your players to play hard is important. But Garrett's inability to make adjustments drives me nuts too.

My comments on HT's post were directed at the arguments that go on seemingly forever between posters. At some point agree to disagree to and move on.
atran35

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh sorry...hahaha...I thought we were debating about JG play calling...any ideas if JJ pulls the trigger on an OC when will it likely happen???
Hiero

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when your running game is only around for 4 games a year and Austin is hurt or can't catch and the OL is atrocious it's hard to really adjust your play calling. if garrett can get a backup rb and upgrade the OL then I think Garrett could actually call runs like he wants to and not have to pass 50 times a game. I definitely believe that if we had a legit consistent running game this whole playcalling thing wouldn't be so blown up. Garrett was raised on the run game and has even said he wishes he could run the ball more. I think Jerry is probably more to blame here for completely neglecting the OL and then inexplicably drafting Felix jones who I never wanted just because he was from Arkansas.

Props to IDOG_det on the sig.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atran35 wrote:
Oh sorry...hahaha...I thought we were debating about JG play calling...any ideas if JJ pulls the trigger on an OC when will it likely happen???

That's an interesting question. Reports are that Jerry still have not met with Stephen Jones, JG and RR yet. Jerry has said that he is going to meet with his outside consultants first. Then, there's the speculation that Jerry has secretly met with Jon Gruden because he was seen in Tampa. Why else would Jerry go to Tampa?

Then, we have the promise that people at organization will be uncomfortable this offseason.

Out of all that, the biggest thing I take away from that is that Jerry hasn't even met with everybody. To me, that means Jerry is strongly considering scratching everything and bringing in a whole new staff.

The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

You guys are so full of ish. Matts had the wind to his back. And, TO7 intentionally interfered with my flow with his face.

htfryar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
htfryar wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

You guys are so full of ish. Matts had the wind to his back. And, TO7 intentionally interfered with my flow with his face.

That right there. That is what I was talking about. You can't just be a civil person anymore. You have to take little jabs at people and make completely inappropriate comments. How you continue to get away with it is beyond me.

Desperado82

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
htfryar wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

Slam, this is a WARNING

Quote:
Do not post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws.

^^^mack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: