Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jason Garrett open to changes with Dallas Cowboys
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
htfryar wrote:
Kinda hard to dispute facts and quotes. I think this one goes to Matts.

The problem is that Garrett has spoken out of both sides of his mouth on the play calling issue. He's gone on record at different times to say that he won't relinquish duties and that he would eventually relinquish them. It's the perfect way to avoid answering a question reasonably.

Garrett has gone on record saying he ABSOLUTELY INTENDS TO GIVE UP PLAYCALLING.

Please find me a quote were >GARRETT< stated that he will not do so.

The only argument that can be made is that he said "not right now" in the middle of the season.

Matts, so what time frame did JG give??? When did he say that we should expect this change??? Did he say anything about NOT giving up playcalling for the foreseeable future???

Knowing that you won't respond to this because you would be caught in your lies and contortions...

I'll answer it for you.

Last edited by The_Slamman on Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PincheJimmy wrote:
htfryar wrote:

We have to wait for the response, maybe he can save himself

Some people are so incredibly dense that if Jason Garrett came to them and spit in their fact and screamed in their ear... "I'M NOT GOING TO GIVE UP PLAYCALLING FOR THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE AND EVEN RIGHT NOW IT IS MY INTENTION TO CONTINUE CALLING PLAYS, YOU DUMBARSES!!"... The people Garrett spat upon would argue that Garrett admitted that he was going to give up playcalling tomorrow.

Let me dumb this down for some people...

After the Baltimore game, Garrett was getting a lot of media attention for the playcalling. We all remember this. The Cowboys had 1 TO and about 30 seconds. Instead of running plays to get closer, Garrett called a TO with a few seconds left and Bailey missed a long FG attempt.

Thereafter, Garrett was asked if he planned on giving up playcalling. Garrett made it clear that he was going to continue calling plays for the foreseeable future.

Here is the article...

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/nfl/2012/10/garrett-not-ready-to-receive-help-calling-plays/

Notice this article was written on October 17th... 3 days after the Ravens game where Garrett's playcalling likely cost the cowboys the win.

I've NEVER said that Garrett would NEVER relinquish playcalling duties. I merely said that it is his intention to continue calling plays for the foreseeable future.

Matts, in all his wisdom, posts an article from 10 months BEFORE the Baltimore game wherein Garrett said that he would absolutely consider giving up playcalling one day in the future (not the 2013 season). I've never argued against Garrett "one day" giving up playcalling. I merely said that it appears that Garrett intends to call plays for 2013 and perhaps 2014.

So, what are GARRETT's intentions for 2013??? For those who are so incredible dense, this is what GARRETT had to say...

Quote:
jason Garrett said norv turner is a great friend and a great coach but he plays to remain offensive coordinator next season.

https://twitter.com/clarencehilljr/status/285887705521455104[/quote]

@clarencehilljr:

Quote:
Garrett said its best for romo to keep the system the same and not make a change in coordinator, play caller

And directly from Jason Garrett's mouth...

Quote:
"I anticipate the status-quo in that regard."

I don't think it could be any more clear what GARRETT'S intentions are. Just like I've been saying for a LONG time... GARRETT intends to be the playcaller for the "foreseeable future" including 2013. He thinks that's what's best for Romo. If there is a change... It's not Garrett whose making the change, it would be JERRY.

Case closed.

Football Mensa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Quote:
Garrett believes he is a genius.

He is. Just ask him.

Quote:
During his first game as interim head coach of Cowboys, former teammate and the man whom Garrett backed up for eight seasons in Dallas, Troy Aikman, said that Garrett was smart enough to be anything he wanted, including president of the United States.

That's a ringing endorsement, and one verified by several officials around the league.

Maybe he should run for office then...it might be his better option...
Matts4313

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slam, congrats. you got me. Boy oh boy, now that you explained it, I get it.

When Garrett kept stating that he was going to give up playcalling and that he was having continued conversations you said it was all a bunch of BS because Jones would never have a walk around coach.

in fact, you spent a couple weeks beating that very point to all of us - stating we were all wasting our time. there is no way that it was going to happen.

Now that Jones has said publically that change is coming and many are assuming that means an OC (and that you are once again 100% wrong on the Cowboys) you are stating that Garrett is lying. He never REALLY meant he was going to give up and Jerry is forcing him to give up play calling. In effect emasculating Redball.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Double the fun, Double the Lies, Double the Manipulation

Thanks for the lesson, bro. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Just for emphasis ==> Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
slam, congrats. you got me. Boy oh boy, now that you explained it, I get it.

When Garrett kept stating that he was going to give up playcalling and that he was having continued conversations you said it was all a bunch of BS because Jones would never have a walk around coach.

in fact, you spent a couple weeks beating that very point to all of us - stating we were all wasting our time. there is no way that it was going to happen.

Now that Jones has said publically that change is coming and many are assuming that means an OC (and that you are once again 100% wrong on the Cowboys) you are stating that Garrett is lying. He never REALLY meant he was going to give up and Jerry is forcing him to give up play calling.

Oh joy... You figured out how the Emoticons work Dancing Dancing

Matts, very simple... Did Jerry Jones say that he wants the coach to be the play caller? Yes or no? And, when Jerry made those comments was he wishy washy or did he really mean it? Did he not make those comments about not having a walk around coach multiple times and on multiple occasions? Are you saying that all of us should have just assumed Jerry was lying?

And, Have I not praised Jerry for saying that the offense underachieved with Garrett for the past 6 years and because the offense was so bad he is now inclined to make changes??? Contrarily, did you not PRAISE JG for having a top 15 offense and refer to that as one of Garrett's strengths?

As we sit here right now... Everything I have said is true. If Jerry changed his mind or Garrett calling plays or even on Garrett continuing to coach the cowboys, IMO he's making the right decision. You defend mediocrity, I don't.

And, yes, Jerry talking away JG as a play caller when JG says it is best for the Cowboys and Romo for Garrett to be the play caller is emasculating. It weakens Garrett's authority with the team and offense... And that would be a good thing. But firing JG would probably be a better thing. Unlike you, I don't see a top 15 offense as a strength.

Matts4313

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

read what you wrote.

then go read the thread.

I will give you a cookie if you get how many times you just lied in 1 post correct.

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
read what you wrote.

then go read the thread.

I will give you a cookie if you get how many times you just lied in 1 post correct.

Matts, that is really unfair... I've started my new years resolutions and I'd give ANYTHING for a cookie right now.

sniderboys23

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
atran35 wrote:
JG evaluation needs to be on himself as an OC. We didn't start scoring points till ROMO went NO HUDDLE while we were down by an average of 21 points. How are you the OC when you can't score for 3 quarters then put it all on the QB?

Garrett's evaluation of himself will find nothing wrong with status quo. Garrett believes he is a genius. Right now though he looking like one of the bigger crawfish I have seen in my life.
man u guys really need to listen to these more closely. Or research some.
Not sure I it's same interview or not but on the fan here locally they had a one on one interview with him. Reporter asked bout his play calling duties. JG's response first said after a game we go over game as coaches, I'm hard on myself. I feel every game I feel I could've called or done many different calls in the game. When I hv the meetings with the players we go over their mistakes. Then As coaches we go out and try to help the players over come this and get better everyday.

Now of course I para phrased some of that. Going straight off of memory. But the info is there for you guys. Don't sit up here and think he doesn't think his doo doo doesn't stink. I truly believe he knows his faults and will correct them.

Major Props to El Ramster!!!!
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
htfryar wrote:

The problem is that Garrett has spoken out of both sides of his mouth on the play calling issue. He's gone on record at different times to say that he won't relinquish duties and that he would eventually relinquish them. It's the perfect way to avoid answering a question reasonably.

Garrett has gone on record saying he ABSOLUTELY INTENDS TO GIVE UP PLAYCALLING.

Please find me a quote were >GARRETT< stated that he will not do so.

The only argument that can be made is that he said "not right now" in the middle of the season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/01/rob-ryan-never-blinked-but-jason-garrett-wont-say-hell-return/

Quote:
Garrett shot down the notion that he would bring in someone else to handle the offensive play calls that have remained Garrett’s responsibility since he was promoted from offensive coordinator to head coach.

That article was written on January 1, 2013. Like I said, he spoke from both sides of his mouth. Now that doesn't mean that we won't see a different offensive coordinator next season, but I don't know who will be calling the plays since Garrett has said that he will and won't give up those duties. I'm not taking a side one way or the other. I'm just pointing out that he's spoken out of both sides of his mouth and it's doubtful that he would "willingly" give up those duties. Should we be fortunate enough to have a new offensive play caller next season, it would likely be the result of Jerry bullying him into it.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
suicidesilence

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the open to changes part is him hiring an OC who can actually be consistent and make half time adjustments.

^^^Epic Sig, By The Greatest Sig Maker. THE SICKNESS!!!
Bill Cowher for head coach!
htfryar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone else tired of all TheSlamPlan vs Matts/T_O7 crap or is it just me? It has gotten to the point that seemingly every thread comes down to Slam/Plan arguing with Matts/T_O7.

I used to be neutral in the whole "realists" vs optimists thing. Then I started siding with the "realists" during the Phillips era. Then, when I saw that Garrett had things slowly moving in the right direction, I moved over to the optimists side of things. Now, I am just [inappropriate/removed] tired of all the bickering. Why does every damn thread have to be an argument? We can't even have any actual discussions about football without it turning into a pissing contest. Seriously, this is what every thread looks like now...

Matts - I like the direction Jason Garrett has this team headed, even if his play calling leaves a lot to be desired.

T_O7 - Yeah, it is nice to see the team moving in the right direction. I just wish we had a real OC.

Slam - Garrett will never give up playcalling. He said so once.

Plan - Slam's right. Jerry is too dumb to make Garrett give up playcalling.

Matts - JG said he would be open to it. Heres a link.

Slam - He was lying. He said he won't do it. Here's a link to that.

Plan - That's right Slam. He was talking out of both sides of his mouth. Oh and Jerry is dumb and we need a real GM who will fix the o-line.

T_O7 - What does Jerry as GM have to do with this topic?

Slam - There T_O7 goes, sticking up for Jerry again. APOLOGIST!

Matts - Slam, there you go twisting people's words again. Liar.

Slam - No you are.

Matts - No you are.

Slam - No you are.

Matts - No you are.

Plan - Jerry is dumb. I hate him.

Seriously, that's what it looks like every time you guys start "debating". Just agree to disagree and move on already. If you know nothing good will come from the discussion, why have it? If you know someone is going to troll a thread and twist everything around, why respond to the [inappropriate/removed] they say? Quit bickering so damn much and maybe this forum can get back to where it used to be. You know, back when we could discuss football related topics without needing a tape measure to see who can pee the farthest.

“Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.”
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sniderboys23 wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
atran35 wrote:
JG evaluation needs to be on himself as an OC. We didn't start scoring points till ROMO went NO HUDDLE while we were down by an average of 21 points. How are you the OC when you can't score for 3 quarters then put it all on the QB?

Garrett's evaluation of himself will find nothing wrong with status quo. Garrett believes he is a genius. Right now though he looking like one of the bigger crawfish I have seen in my life.
man u guys really need to listen to these more closely. Or research some.
Not sure I it's same interview or not but on the fan here locally they had a one on one interview with him. Reporter asked bout his play calling duties. JG's response first said after a game we go over game as coaches, I'm hard on myself. I feel every game I feel I could've called or done many different calls in the game. When I hv the meetings with the players we go over their mistakes. Then As coaches we go out and try to help the players over come this and get better everyday.

Now of course I para phrased some of that. Going straight off of memory. But the info is there for you guys. Don't sit up here and think he doesn't think his doo doo doesn't stink. I truly believe he knows his faults and will correct them.

One would hope he would. However he was a poor playcaller last season and continued with his poor playcalling this season. He said the coaches try and help the players improve , who helps Garrett improve ? If he was so bad handling playcalling duties last season why didn't he seek an oc for this season ? Don't give me the Callahan line. He was a figurehead. That's one of the biggest problems in Dallas. They are alway 2-3 years behind.

I think Payton being recognized as maybe the best playcaller in the nfl bothers Garrett. Fact is Payton is light years a head of Garrett.
TD-ES-JJ

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO if this team had better players, particularly, on the Oline and Dline, both RedBall and FatRob would instantly be better play callers.

I can imagine how hard it is to call a run play knowing full well that the RB will probably not make it back to the line of scrimmage. Or how often would you call 5 or 7 step drops when you know your QB only has 1.5 secs before he gets a rib broken. That's gotta be tough.

We saw Rob playing press coverage early in the season, but because the Dline could get no pressure he had to change that because his guys were getting torched. When you are running guys on the field who you didn't even know last week it's gotta be kinda hard to get that guy in the right formation.

Play calling skill is really more about the players you are calling those plays for. Don't get me wrong, I want Redball fired and FatRob to have one more year. But that's just me.

Sig Courtesy of thesickness89
Northland

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
Is anyone else tired of all TheSlamPlan vs Matts/T_O7 crap or is it just me? It has gotten to the point that seemingly every thread comes down to Slam/Plan arguing with Matts/T_O7.

I used to be neutral in the whole "realists" vs optimists thing. Then I started siding with the "realists" during the Phillips era. Then, when I saw that Garrett had things slowly moving in the right direction, I moved over to the optimists side of things. Now, I am just [inappropriate/removed] tired of all the bickering. Why does every damn thread have to be an argument? We can't even have any actual discussions about football without it turning into a pissing contest. Seriously, this is what every thread looks like now...

Matts - I like the direction Jason Garrett has this team headed, even if his play calling leaves a lot to be desired.

T_O7 - Yeah, it is nice to see the team moving in the right direction. I just wish we had a real OC.

Slam - Garrett will never give up playcalling. He said so once.

Plan - Slam's right. Jerry is too dumb to make Garrett give up playcalling.

Matts - JG said he would be open to it. Heres a link.

Slam - He was lying. He said he won't do it. Here's a link to that.

Plan - That's right Slam. He was talking out of both sides of his mouth. Oh and Jerry is dumb and we need a real GM who will fix the o-line.

T_O7 - What does Jerry as GM have to do with this topic?

Slam - There T_O7 goes, sticking up for Jerry again. APOLOGIST!

Matts - Slam, there you go twisting people's words again. Liar.

Slam - No you are.

Matts - No you are.

Slam - No you are.

Matts - No you are.

Plan - Jerry is dumb. I hate him.

Seriously, that's what it looks like every time you guys start "debating". Just agree to disagree and move on already. If you know nothing good will come from the discussion, why have it? If you know someone is going to troll a thread and twist everything around, why respond to the [inappropriate/removed] they say? Quit bickering so damn much and maybe this forum can get back to where it used to be. You know, back when we could discuss football related topics without needing a tape measure to see who can pee the farthest.

Great post HT. I have no issue with a difference of opinion that's the point of the forum. I do learn a lot from many of the posters on here. I find the debates amusing at first. But when it goes on and on I think the mods have to step in and tell the participants enough already take it offline.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record, I can pee further.

plan9misfit wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: