Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jason Garrett open to changes with Dallas Cowboys
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
GeneralDissaray


Joined: 07 Apr 2006
Posts: 5507
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garrett open to change. We will throw the ball more in 2013.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 39051
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
He said he would be open to any change the same day Jerry made those comments. In fact it was the same presser when he made the comments about norv.

I want to go back, bit I don't think he ever stated no to an oc. I think that was just c hills interpretation.


He said, "I anticipate the status-quo in that regard."


Exactly, he never shut the door on it.

Reporter: Will there be a new playcaller next year?
JG: I anticipate the status-quo in the regard

Reporter: What if Jerry wanted to new playcaller?
JG: I am open to anything that would make the Cowboys better.


You all act like he didnt say in October (?) that he eventually sees himself giving up playcalling..
_________________
plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 39051
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
Garrett's evaluation of himself will find nothing wrong with status quo. Garrett believes he is a genius. Right now though he looking like one of the bigger crawfish I have seen in my life.


Please, do explain.
_________________
plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CowboysTilIDie


Joined: 09 Jan 2012
Posts: 3716
Location: Amarillo, TX
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
He said he would be open to any change the same day Jerry made those comments. In fact it was the same presser when he made the comments about norv.

I want to go back, bit I don't think he ever stated no to an oc. I think that was just c hills interpretation.


He said, "I anticipate the status-quo in that regard."


Exactly, he never shut the door on it.

Reporter: Will there be a new playcaller next year?
JG: I anticipate the status-quo in the regard

Reporter: What if Jerry wanted to new playcaller?
JG: I am open to anything that would make the Cowboys better.


You all act like he didnt say in October (?) that he eventually sees himself giving up playcalling..


Maybe I wasn't clear, but I was using that quote to agree with you. I agree that it shows that he never shuts the door on anything. He just maintains an even keel.
_________________

Thanks for the sig LORK!

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The_Slamman


Joined: 06 Feb 2005
Posts: 13736
Location: Las Vegas, NV
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
He said he would be open to any change the same day Jerry made those comments. In fact it was the same presser when he made the comments about norv.

I want to go back, bit I don't think he ever stated no to an oc. I think that was just c hills interpretation.


He said, "I anticipate the status-quo in that regard."


Exactly, he never shut the door on it.

Reporter: Will there be a new playcaller next year?
JG: I anticipate the status-quo in the regard

Reporter: What if Jerry wanted to new playcaller?
JG: I am open to anything that would make the Cowboys better.


You all act like he didnt say in October (?) that he eventually sees himself giving up playcalling..


That's because he didn't say in October that he eventually sees himselft giving up playcalling. In October, he said that he would continue to be the playcaller for the "foreseeable future." It's quite clear that Garrett intends 2013 to be included in the foreseeable future. Hopefully, Jerry puts his foot down on this and insists that Garrett bring in a playcalling OC. As you know, this would be a complete 180 from what Jerry has said during the season. During the season, Jerry was adamant that he did not want a walk around coach.


Now, when Callahan was first hired, Garrett said that eventually he would give up playcalling. But, to me, that was a way of giving encouragement to Callahan. Would anybody really expect Garrett to tell the media that Callahan is walking into a dead end job with no hope of ever calling plays? probably not.


All that being said, I think EVERYBODY hopes Jerry has had a change of heart. From what Jerry is saying, he too is frustrated. I appreciate that Jerry said he expected more from Garrett and Romo after 6 years and that it time for a change. I've been expressing the same sentiment. Whereas you were content with Garrett producing a "top 15" offense.
_________________
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 39051
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
That's because he didn't say in October that he eventually sees himselft giving up playcalling. In October, he said that he would continue to be the playcaller for the "foreseeable future."




You are disgustingly maddening with the way you twist things that people say to fit your argument. That, plus the flat out lies, make it really hard to read your post nowadays..


To repost this....
Matts4313 wrote:
Slam...


My god...

WTH is wrong with you?


First of all - Garrett said:

Quote:
Although Garrett said he’s “absolutely” open to considering receiving help from offensive line coach Bill Callahan


He is absolutely open to getting help...


and then he said:

Quote:
We’ve discussed it (getting help calling plays) in the past, and that’s always something,” Garrett told reporters Wednesday in Irving. “You handle the mechanics of who’s calling the plays and how we’re handling the different situations


He has had discussion giving up play calling..... But:

Quote:
We feel like this is the best way to do it right now.



The Author of the article, NOT GARRETT, used this sentence:


Quote:
hat the chore will continue to be his for the foreseeable future



So your entire article is saying that Garrett is considering it, has had discussions about it, but wont do in right now....


But your entire post is about a phrase that the author uses.






And this...

Matts4313 wrote:

The_Slamman wrote:

And, most importantly, Jason Garrett has gone on record saying that he will continue to call plays and that he does not want to relinquish play calling duties.


FALSE: Garrett publicly said that he intends to give up play calling at some point (LIE 3):

Quote:
"Absolutely, absolutely," Garrett said when asked if he will one day give up play calling. "I think you just get to a point where, 'Hey, I'm going to turn that over to somebody else,' and you've seen that around the league at different times and that's just part of the process that we'll go through."

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/7481234/dallas-cowboys-jason-garrett-willing-give-play-calling-not-2012


_________________
plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
htfryar


Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Posts: 11037
Location: Hot Springs, Arkansas
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda hard to dispute facts and quotes. I think this one goes to Matts.
_________________


"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
PincheJimmy


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 1448
Location: Flower Mound, TX
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
Kinda hard to dispute facts and quotes. I think this one goes to Matts.


We have to wait for the response, maybe he can save himself
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 20860
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
atran35 wrote:
JG evaluation needs to be on himself as an OC. We didn't start scoring points till ROMO went NO HUDDLE while we were down by an average of 21 points. How are you the OC when you can't score for 3 quarters then put it all on the QB?


Garrett's evaluation of himself will find nothing wrong with status quo.


Jerry suffers from the same disease as a GM.

Quote:
Garrett believes he is a genius.


He is. Just ask him.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 20860
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
Kinda hard to dispute facts and quotes. I think this one goes to Matts.


The problem is that Garrett has spoken out of both sides of his mouth on the play calling issue. He's gone on record at different times to say that he won't relinquish duties and that he would eventually relinquish them. It's the perfect way to avoid answering a question reasonably.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 39051
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PincheJimmy wrote:
htfryar wrote:
Kinda hard to dispute facts and quotes. I think this one goes to Matts.


We have to wait for the response, maybe he can save himself


weve already done this before..

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=15190166#15190166
_________________
plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 39051
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
htfryar wrote:
Kinda hard to dispute facts and quotes. I think this one goes to Matts.


The problem is that Garrett has spoken out of both sides of his mouth on the play calling issue. He's gone on record at different times to say that he won't relinquish duties and that he would eventually relinquish them. It's the perfect way to avoid answering a question reasonably.


Garrett has gone on record saying he ABSOLUTELY INTENDS TO GIVE UP PLAYCALLING.

Please find me a quote were >GARRETT< stated that he will not do so.



The only argument that can be made is that he said "not right now" in the middle of the season.
_________________
plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 39051
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Quote:
Garrett believes he is a genius.


He is. Just ask him.


Quote:
During his first game as interim head coach of Cowboys, former teammate and the man whom Garrett backed up for eight seasons in Dallas, Troy Aikman, said that Garrett was smart enough to be anything he wanted, including president of the United States.

That's a ringing endorsement, and one verified by several officials around the league.

_________________
plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MaddHatter


Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 45449
Location: ROH Class of 14
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PincheJimmy wrote:
htfryar wrote:
Kinda hard to dispute facts and quotes. I think this one goes to Matts.


We have to wait for the response, maybe he can save himself


Hasn't happened in nearly 7 years
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The_Slamman


Joined: 06 Feb 2005
Posts: 13736
Location: Las Vegas, NV
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT
_________________
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.




Last edited by The_Slamman on Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group