Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Speculation on Chip Kelly
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Speculation on Chip Kelly Reply with quote

Below is an interesting Article on Chip Kelly- about how he would implement a "Money Ball" philosophy in the NFL. If you heard Russ Brandon's presser, they're moving towards this type of philosophy.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/men-action/201211/how-oregon-coach-chip-kelly-can-spark-moneyball-revolution-nfl

Couple of Points on Kelly-

1. He's From New Hampshire and spends parts of the offseason in Portsmouth, NH. Frequents an establishment up there.

2. Bills have had contact with Chip Kelly's Representatives. Simply, they had to! Kelly is represented by David Dunn of Athletes First who also represents Andy LeVitre, Eric Wood, Kellen Moore, Scott McKillop & Kraig Urbik- Urbik signed an extension just under a month ago.
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting Post Practice Interview. Mentions the Bills and how he visited the Franchise recently. check out around 7 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XRpRdKRQzo&feature=player_embedded
Buffalo_Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind him, but i'm not getting my hopes up for anybody. I just want a good coach

thanks for the sig NS922!

Listen! I am standing at the door, knocking;
if you hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to you and eat with you,
and you with me.
Revelation 3:20
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he goes to Philly now
Hurricanes2291

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be great to have him. But Jason La Canfora posted on twitter today that even though the Bills are interviewing him he plans on Philly, Browns or stay at Oregon... But who knows.
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurricanes2291 wrote:
It would be great to have him. But Jason La Canfora posted on twitter today that even though the Bills are interviewing him he plans on Philly, Browns or stay at Oregon... But who knows.
Who wouldn't choose the Browns over us though?

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Buntster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chip may interview in Cleveland or Philly, but in the end I think he stays at Oregon with a really sweet contract extension. I just don't think he will make the move to the NFL.
TommyC376

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
Hurricanes2291 wrote:
lol right.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
Hurricanes2291 wrote:
lol right.

Browns ownership has stated that they would be willing to allow the new HC to have significant/full control over personnel and Kelly has stated he wanted that level of control. I don't think Kelly to the Browns would be that big of a surprise. In fact, it's my expectation, with the Eagles being Kelly's 2nd choice. Given that there is a re-shuffling going on in the Bills FO trying to assign different people to certain responsibilities, I don't think they are looking to give any coach control over personnel.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's not the most respected sight but buffalo rumblings say he is Otw to Cleveland with a contract in place for them
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cleveland is a good fit.. I like the potential of the offense
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one who couldn't care less if he comes here or not? I see the upside for him but it seems like there would be a pretty decent learning curve for him and it seems like there is a pretty decent chance he could be a bust. Too be fair I don't watch college football enough to know what kind of coach he is.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
BBIB

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
Am I the only one who couldn't care less if he comes here or not? I see the upside for him but it seems like there would be a pretty decent learning curve for him and it seems like there is a pretty decent chance he could be a bust. Too be fair I don't watch college football enough to know what kind of coach he is.

TO be honest it could be pretty big deal whether or not if you land him in terms of the potential

There is to some degree less of a risk if you go with less of an unknown, but it's not the same level of potential reward either

With CJ Spiller in the backfield with a dual threat QB and Chip Kelly's no huddle no mercy offense, the Bills could have an elite offense in the NFL

IT could actually be a very rapid turnaround and the Bills could contend for the AFC East title as early as next season
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you who really wanted Chip Kelly, how would you feel about the following?

Philadelphia Eagles: According to multiple reports, Oregon graduate assistants Todd Lyght, Greg Austin, and Matthew Harper will be joining Chip Kelly with the Eagles.

College kids are used to working with Grad students at the NCAA level, but you have to wonder how these guys are going to be received by veteran NFL players. I could see a possibility of a lack of respect, especially from the older veterans.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
For those of you who really wanted Chip Kelly, how would you feel about the following?

Philadelphia Eagles: According to multiple reports, Oregon graduate assistants Todd Lyght, Greg Austin, and Matthew Harper will be joining Chip Kelly with the Eagles.

College kids are used to working with Grad students at the NCAA level, but you have to wonder how these guys are going to be received by veteran NFL players. I could see a possibility of a lack of respect, especially from the older veterans.

So he's doing the exact same thing Marrone is doing? Just with bringing slightly less of his assistants?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: