Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A peek into Chip Kelly's Philosophy
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jfrederi01


Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Posts: 8
Location: Somewhere in the Arabian Gulf.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: A peek into Chip Kelly's Philosophy Reply with quote

I know I don't post here often, but I came across this and thought it would be great to share. I apologize if this has been posted before. It is a long read but it really shows his philosophy on teaching, practice and even his views on QBs.

http://fishduck.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Chip-complete.pdf


Last edited by jfrederi01 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:28 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 20639
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is it blank
_________________


IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jfrederi01


Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Posts: 8
Location: Somewhere in the Arabian Gulf.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's blank because I rarely if ever post on mesage boards. It took me a minute to figure out how to make it work.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JCBrowns21


Joined: 16 Sep 2008
Posts: 931
Location: Chi Town
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great find. I'll help with the link - http://fishduck.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Chip-complete.pdf

Will need to find 15 minutes to give this a proper read, but here's my favorite line thus far - "In a quarterback, I look for a quarterback who can run and not a running back who can throw. I want the quarterback who can beat you with his arm."
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dropkick_pride


Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 10805
Location: C-bus
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCBrowns21 wrote:
Great find. I'll help with the link - http://fishduck.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Chip-complete.pdf

Will need to find 15 minutes to give this a proper read, but here's my favorite line thus far - "In a quarterback, I look for a quarterback who can run and not a running back who can throw. I want the quarterback who can beat you with his arm."


Yup, run and throw...

Just look at the QBs who he has recruited over the years.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buno67


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 31184
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
JCBrowns21 wrote:
Great find. I'll help with the link - http://fishduck.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Chip-complete.pdf

Will need to find 15 minutes to give this a proper read, but here's my favorite line thus far - "In a quarterback, I look for a quarterback who can run and not a running back who can throw. I want the quarterback who can beat you with his arm."


Yup, run and throw...

Just look at the QBs who he has recruited over the years.

He doesnt want a QB who can just break off 15-20yard run he just wants a QB who can run the ball effectively meaning if the backside contain isnt playing honest that QB will be able to pick up yards to make them stay home. With Weeden we dont need him to be able to pick up 10-15yards. Just need him to be able to pick up 4-5yards. If the backside contain is playing nosey having weeden keep it can turn into just a naked bootleg or role out and you just have him pass instead of run. The only thing you need to do is give the WR a pass/run read. That if he sees something he breaks off his run blocking and turns it into a quicking passing route like a hook or a slant


Quote:
WHY RUN THE SPREAD?
. Makes the def ense cover the entire f ield
. Faster scoring
. Gets speed in space
. The defense cannot disguise
. Simple reads for quarterback


Quote:
The job of a quarterback is simple. He has to
"let it happen, and not make it happen." We want
to move forward. That is a concept you have to
make your team understand. The cardinal sin at our
place is the quarterback sack. We want the ball
out of the quarterback's hands in 1.5 seconds. That
does not mean holding the ball until 2.5, waiting for
someone to get Open


see I like that with Weeden, he had the same principles at OkState.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
BooyaCS


Joined: 27 Feb 2007
Posts: 7517
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoy... Urban and Chip discussing offense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9fWpnxyUcU
_________________
“From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring; renenwed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king.” -- J R R Tolkien LOTR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buno67


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 31184
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:
Enjoy... Urban and Chip discussing offense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9fWpnxyUcU


watched that last night, I stumbled upon it...its pretty nice
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
BooyaCS


Joined: 27 Feb 2007
Posts: 7517
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
BooyaCS wrote:
Enjoy... Urban and Chip discussing offense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9fWpnxyUcU


watched that last night, I stumbled upon it...its pretty nice


The last thing Kelly says is telling. If I have the personnel to run the power I I will run the power I.
_________________
“From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring; renenwed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king.” -- J R R Tolkien LOTR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 20639
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:
buno67 wrote:
BooyaCS wrote:
Enjoy... Urban and Chip discussing offense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9fWpnxyUcU


watched that last night, I stumbled upon it...its pretty nice


The last thing Kelly says is telling. If I have the personnel to run the power I I will run the power I.


That's the biggest thing I like about Kelly, he isn't set in what he will run.

He is willing and able to adjust to the situation. Awesome
_________________


IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skatebeanz


Joined: 13 Apr 2009
Posts: 19263
Location: Jamison. on the Sweet-sig.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree but you guys have to realize he does recruit mobile QBs for a reason. When they had no QB on the roster after Dixon left he used a bowling ball QB with a rocket arm (albeit inaccurate) in Masoli. He does like to have a running QB. But he has been quoted as sayign he doesn't run a Tebowesque system. He wants an actual thrower.
_________________

Sig bet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BooyaCS


Joined: 27 Feb 2007
Posts: 7517
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
I agree but you guys have to realize he does recruit mobile QBs for a reason. When they had no QB on the roster after Dixon left he used a bowling ball QB with a rocket arm (albeit inaccurate) in Masoli. He does like to have a running QB. But he has been quoted as sayign he doesn't run a Tebowesque system. He wants an actual thrower.


Which is why I think Weeden can work. Although if he had his choice he may try to pick someone like a Colin Klien.
_________________
“From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring; renenwed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king.” -- J R R Tolkien LOTR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dropkick_pride


Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 10805
Location: C-bus
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some people are only reading what they want to here, and ignoring the rest....
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ditchdigger


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 16732
Location: Gahanna, OH
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:
I agree but you guys have to realize he does recruit mobile QBs for a reason. When they had no QB on the roster after Dixon left he used a bowling ball QB with a rocket arm (albeit inaccurate) in Masoli. He does like to have a running QB. But he has been quoted as sayign he doesn't run a Tebowesque system. He wants an actual thrower.


Which is why I think Weeden can work. Although if he had his choice he may try to pick someone like a Colin Klien.


Klein is garbage as a passer. Almost as bad as Tebow.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buno67


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 31184
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
I agree but you guys have to realize he does recruit mobile QBs for a reason. When they had no QB on the roster after Dixon left he used a bowling ball QB with a rocket arm (albeit inaccurate) in Masoli. He does like to have a running QB. But he has been quoted as sayign he doesn't run a Tebowesque system. He wants an actual thrower.


yeah he does that because IMO Chip Kelly know the Mobile QB is a lot more dangerous in college. Mobile QBs are majority the best athlete on the field at any moment in the college game. In the NFL they are not the best athletes. The athletic of LBs and DEs in the NFL are light years ahead than the DEs and OLBs in college.

Chip Kelly is a smart man, he knows a mobile QB works in College and knows that a mobile QB does not work in the Pros.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group