Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Percy Harvin 5 Round Mock, by J.R.S
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Percy Harvin 5 Round Mock, by J.R.S Reply with quote

I <3 Faulk wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:

For those who haven't heard me harp, the Rams were last in the league in average starting field position in 2012.

Where are you finding that? Because we were about middle of the pack in average kick return yards, and averaged about the same (just point 2 more) as the Vikes. Even if you take into account what the Vikes averaged last year, per kick return, it's about the same as we had this year.

link to this years average return yards. http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/returning/position/defense

As for the mock, we still need a #1. Percy is not a red-zone threat. Ertz will help in the red-zone though.

EDIT: The more I think about it. Are you trying to recreate the Viking offense?

Here's a link. The column that shows starting field position is marked "LOS/Dr". We average starting our drives on the 23.72 yard line. Our opponents averaged starting their drives at the 29.59 yard line. This may not seem like a huge difference, but trust me it is. The net difference between those two numbers is -5.87 (31st in the league).

Of course I'm not trying to re-create the Viking's offense. I mocked Loadholt coming to the Ram's out of college and I've always respected his size and play. I want Harvin here because he is one of the top playmakers in the league.

I mocked Eiffert to us in my first draft this year, and I'd be pretty happy with him also.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/drivestats

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
I <3 Faulk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Percy Harvin 5 Round Mock, by J.R.S Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
I <3 Faulk wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:

For those who haven't heard me harp, the Rams were last in the league in average starting field position in 2012.

Where are you finding that? Because we were about middle of the pack in average kick return yards, and averaged about the same (just point 2 more) as the Vikes. Even if you take into account what the Vikes averaged last year, per kick return, it's about the same as we had this year.

link to this years average return yards. http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/returning/position/defense

As for the mock, we still need a #1. Percy is not a red-zone threat. Ertz will help in the red-zone though.

Here's a link. The column that shows starting field position is marked "LOS/Dr". We average starting our drives on the 23.72 yard line. Our opponents averaged starting their drives at the 29.59 yard line. This may not seem like a huge difference, but trust me it is. The net difference between those two numbers is -5.87 (31st in the league).

Of course I'm not trying to re-create the Viking's offense. I mocked Loadholt coming to the Ram's out of college and I've always respected his size and play. I want Harvin here because he is one of the top playmakers in the league.

I mocked Eiffert to us in my first draft this year, and I'd be pretty happy with him also.

Loadholt, I wanted him coming out too. Just a giant person.

I was asking about recreating their offense because, all the Vikes have is tight ends, and a great slot guy. That's what we would look like next year, minus the whole Peterson thing.

Thanks for the link.

Nobody can stretch a page into oblivion like I can
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Percy Harvin 5 Round Mock, by J.R.S Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
I <3 Faulk wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:

Might that have to do with our defense being a bend but don't break unit and our offense's struggles moving the ball? I don't think the return game is the only answer. While I have upgraded our return game in every mock, I still have my questions about how much upgrading the slot really helps us.

But since you got Ertz, I'll let it go. I think he's going to be a major playmaker.

That said, I still don't like the Yeremiah Bell pick up. I think he's a lesser version of Quintin Mikell. No cover skills at all.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: