Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

R Wilson Vs RGIII ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
richierich wrote:
Slateman wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
NOPE! Griff is a perfect fit for what we do.....I dont hink Wilson would be as good for us as Griff!

Why? They're both great runners. They're both very good passers.

You could run the exact same offense with Wilson.

no i dont think wilson can run the option nearly as well as Bob can.
RG3 is faster, bigger and a bigger threat to run the ball than RW is..
Rg3 is also a better passer and better leader than Russell Wilson is (which matters the most) I like Russell Wilson but he's not the league changing player/talent that RG3 is.

Keep telling yourself that. Russell Wilson became the captain (and leader of the locker room) at Wisconsin in a month.

Watch the two Sound FX videos on RW and RG3 for Week 17. You can't say (with any kind of certainty) about who is the better leader.

Russell Wilson also has the better arm, but RG3 has a more powerful arm. Russell Wilson throws the ball with pinpoint touch, but I can understand why one would say that RG3 has a better arm.
rg3 had a much harder job than Russell Wilson did to get his team to the NFC east divison crown. The skins team took off and haven't lost since he was named a captain.... Rg3 has more rushing yards and more rushing tds.

That makes absolutely no sense. Confused Rg3 higher completion %, rtg, more yards passing and I bet he's had more drops on balls he's thrown because we had 11 vs Pittsburgh in one game. 2 of those vs Pittsburgh would have been tds. He also had Aldrick Robinson drop a td pass vs the rams that would have had us winning that game.

On top of all that RG3 missed a game this year and Russell Wilson DID NOT! Laughing Cool

It's close between the two, but RG3 is the better qb, better athlete, and better leader my friend.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Tooki

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Tooki wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
richierich wrote:
Slateman wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
NOPE! Griff is a perfect fit for what we do.....I dont hink Wilson would be as good for us as Griff!

Rg3 is also a better passer and better leader than Russell Wilson is (which matters the most) I like Russell Wilson but he's not the league changing player/talent that RG3 is.

Keep telling yourself that. Russell Wilson became the captain (and leader of the locker room) at Wisconsin in a month.

Watch the two Sound FX videos on RW and RG3 for Week 17. You can't say (with any kind of certainty) about who is the better leader.

Russell Wilson also has the better arm, but RG3 has a more powerful arm. Russell Wilson throws the ball with pinpoint touch, but I can understand why one would say that RG3 has a better arm.
rg3 had a much harder job than Russell Wilson did to get his team to the NFC east divison crown. The skins team took off and haven't lost since he was named a captain....

That makes absolutely no sense. Confused Rg3 higher completion %, rtg, more yards and I bet he's had more drops on balls he's thrown because we had 11 vs Pittsburgh in one game. 2 of those vs Pittsburgh would have been tds. He also had Aldrick Robinson drop a td pass vs the rams that would have had us winning that game.

I cannot deny that RG3 had a harder job in getting to the playoffs, but that reason alone cannot make him a better leader than Russell Wilson. Watch the two videos and you will see that RG3 and RW come across as similar QB's (young, but very vocal, intelligent and dedicated). Good luck trying to convince the wider forum about who is the better leader.

On the arms, from what I have seen of both QB's, Russell Wilson throws a better ball. He is more accurate with the shorter throws, and every ball is very catchable (which the Seahawks receivers were saying a lot during training camp). He has better footwork than RG3, and it is demonstrated through that. With that said, RG3 has a cannon and can hurl the ball down the field with ease. I also noticed that RG3 had better deep accuracy coming out of college.

Russell Wilson throws a better ball, but RG3 has a more powerful arm.
rizzy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arguing about who is a better leader is a pretty difficult thing to do, who is a better leader London Fletcher or Ray Lewis? who knows they are both awesome. I think the only real answer to this is we shall see if Griffin continues to play this well once the option is only something we run every once in a while.
NHL-Capitals
Macho Man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who gives a rats [inappropriate/removed] about Russell Wilson, he won't be playing after this week anyway. Me and the rest of redskin nation will be at the game making Seattle realize this aint Buffalo they're playing and the RGIII era is just beginning.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Tooki wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
richierich wrote:
Slateman wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:

rg3 had a much harder job than Russell Wilson did to get his team to the NFC east divison crown. The skins team took off and haven't lost since he was named a captain....

That makes absolutely no sense. Confused Rg3 higher completion %, rtg, more yards and I bet he's had more drops on balls he's thrown because we had 11 vs Pittsburgh in one game. 2 of those vs Pittsburgh would have been tds. He also had Aldrick Robinson drop a td pass vs the rams that would have had us winning that game.

I cannot deny that RG3 had a harder job in getting to the playoffs, but that reason alone cannot make him a better leader than Russell Wilson. Watch the two videos and you will see that RG3 and RW come across as similar QB's (young, but very vocal, intelligent and dedicated). Good luck trying to convince the wider forum about who is the better leader.

On the arms, from what I have seen of both QB's, Russell Wilson throws a better ball. He is more accurate with the shorter throws, and every ball is very catchable (which the Seahawks receivers were saying a lot during training camp). He has better footwork than RG3, and it is demonstrated through that. With that said, RG3 has a cannon and can hurl the ball down the field with ease. I also noticed that RG3 had better deep accuracy coming out of college.

I hear ya. Fair points. And thanks for explaining what you meant about the differences in their passing, I agree.

I just feel in my heart Rg3 is the better leader and true leader of this team. Vets, young guys, coaches and even front office believe in him. We haven't had a leader like that at the qb position in DC for 30 years since we had Theisman that everyone buys into as being our man for a long time.

Again, I like Wilson. I always have since his days at NC St, but in my personal opinion I don't think he's on that level.

That's great that you feel that way about Wilson, you should. He's your QB but you aren't going to come into the redskins forum convincing us that Wilson is a better leader. Sorry bro, just isn't happening. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
sirensong

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Tooki wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Tooki wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
richierich wrote:
Slateman wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:

I hear ya. Fair points. And thanks for explaining what you meant about the differences in their passing, I agree.

I just feel in my heart Rg3 is the better leader and true leader of this team. Vets, young guys, coaches and even front office believe in him. We haven't had a leader like that at the qb position in DC for 30 years since we had Theisman that everyone buys into as being our man for a long time.

Again, I like Wilson. I always have since his days at NC St, but in my personal opinion I don't think he's on that level.

That's great that you feel that way about Wilson, you should. He's your QB but you aren't going to come into the redskins forum convincing us that Wilson is a better leader. Sorry bro, just isn't happening. Wink

That sinks you as an objective viewer right there. If going into the year we knew how the seasons would unfold for RGIII and RW3 and were going to be picked in the same spots with giving up what you did for RGIII and giving up nothing for RW3 there isnt a team in the league that would take your RGIII situation over the Sea Wilson sittuation.

RG and his season minus all those picks. Or Wilson and his season and keeping all the picks. Everyone would take Wilson, the gap isnt nearly wide enough to justify the price difference. Thats not saying anything against the Skins or RGIII you guys made an amazing move for an amazing player. It just speaks to just how insanely over productive and good Wilson has been. If he was 6'2" Wilson would have been in that top3 mix and he's proven that.
a2piece89

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do people keep saying RW3, he's not a third

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a2piece89 wrote:

Jersey #3
big44dog

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a2piece89 wrote:

So he can feel cool like RG3. If Jeff Fisher called saying Shanny baby you screwed me send me a 4th. I wouldn't be mad if he did.
The way to decide this is: if Pete Carroll called Shanny and offered Russell Wilson, and 2 1's for RG3 would you do it? Heck no.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My honest opinion is that if you had these qbs flip teams the redskins are .500 or belowand if rg3 was on the Seahawks with that top 5 defense and great special teams, the Seahawks would have won their division.

I dont think the gap is great between the two, but I do think there is a gap between the two qbs and it would probably result in a win or loss in either direction IMO.

Last edited by turtle28 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:13 am; edited 1 time in total
sirensong

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
My honest opinion is that if you had these qbs flip teams the redskins are .500 or belowand if rg3 was on the Seahawks with that top 5 defense and great special teams, the Seahawks would have won the division.

I dont think the gap is great between the two, but I do think there is a gap between the two qbs and it would probably result in a loss or win in either direction IMO.

I agree with that, RGIII has been doing this since pretty much day 1. Wilson has grown and is continuing to grow. Im a RGIII fan, I just think its ridiculous to not put Wilson in the conversation with him at this point. RGIII is more productive and he should be. Wilson has just destroyed any and all expectations anyone had of him and is on the path to being a franchise QB himself.
big44dog

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirensong wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
My honest opinion is that if you had these qbs flip teams the redskins are .500 or belowand if rg3 was on the Seahawks with that top 5 defense and great special teams, the Seahawks would have won the division.

I dont think the gap is great between the two, but I do think there is a gap between the two qbs and it would probably result in a loss or win in either direction IMO.

I agree with that, RGIII has been doing this since pretty much day 1. Wilson has grown and is continuing to grow. Im a RGIII fan, I just think its ridiculous to not put Wilson in the conversation with him at this point. RGIII is more productive and he should be. Wilson has just destroyed any and all expectations anyone had of him and is on the path to being a franchise QB himself.

Dude if the RG3 had Seattles defense he's 13-3. Seattle played around Wilson for a lot of this season
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirensong wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

You Seahawks are taking too much offense to us redskins fans love of our #2 overall pick and franchise QB Robert Griffin III.

I've said time and time again I like Russell Wilson and I have since his days at NC St before he even went to Wisconsin. But between the two, I'd draft RG3 and ill gladly keep rg3.

I never said Russell isn't in the conversation with Rg3. Either one can and should win rookie of the year, they are both deserving. But I'll stick with my guy Rg3 every day of the week. Wink
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almm24 wrote:
a2piece89 wrote:

Jersey #3
thats cute! Laughing

Just another way that Washington State and the Seahawks are copying Washington Dc and the redskins
Slateman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankly, I think Wilson is a legit franchise QB. Whatever we'd lose by not having RG3 we could easily recoup with 3 first rounders.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: