Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

R Wilson Vs RGIII ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
TheGreeK1973 wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
Frankly, I think Wilson is a legit franchise QB. Whatever we'd lose by not having RG3 we could easily recoup with 3 first rounders.
hindsight is always 20/20 bro Wink

Russell Wilson is playing with an elite defense and has one more win than the Redskins. What RGIII has done with a team that has basically had little to no defense the majority of the year is simply amazing. I mean we haven't won more than 6 games since 2009...
I'm with you Lavar. read theough my other posts... Wink

Also, A clarification, Wilson really doesn't even have one more win than RG3 with his weaker schedule and elite defense because the replacement refs gave Seattle the game vs the Packers. Even the NFL admitted afterwards the replacement refs got the hail marry call wrong and the packers did really have win that game. Wink
You can use actual facts and make your point and you've been on the verge of doing that but just can't quite get there without screwing it all up Laughing .

The Seahawks schedule was tougher than the 'Skins. That's been pointed out a few times in your forum by Seahawk fans.

To the other guy saying Wilson is playing with an elite defense really doesn't matter. He's not on the field with them and they don't make him better. If anything the Redskin offense helps RG3 more than Seattle's D helps Wilson because of the #2 rushing attack you all boast about. A running game is a QB's best friend. Everyone knows that.

yea overall the Hawks had a tougher schedule. But here is the funny part. on the road the 8 games the Hawks played, the strength of schedule was the 3rd easiest. The punch line is that the Hawks went 3-5 on this schedule.
That doesn't mean a thing anyway. They guy posted above you hit on the head. Way easy road schedule. Yeah we lost 5 but if we won some of them you'd be pointing out we beat bad teams. So that is just a waste of an arguement is it not?
last time I checked you're playing on the road bud... Umm yeah that's the point! Rolling Eyes you suck it hard on the road
No they don't suck hard on the road. They don't pull out the victory on the road. They've been in all of their games and all could have gone either way. Yeah they aren't as good than when they're at home, but who is?

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This topic is rg3 vs Wilson right. Rg3 makes up a more % of his teams offense and his offense is better. His stats are better but passing TDs and he missed a game that Wilson didnt, that's the point here Seahawks fans. Rg3 is better!

Yikes!! How hard is that to understand?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
This topic is rg3 vs Wilson right. Rg3 makes up a more % of his teams offense and his offense is better. His stats are better but passing TDs and he missed a game that Wilson didnt, that's the point here Seahawks fans. Rg3 is better!

Sigh, it's like talking to a wall. I was replying to what was being posted. I shall leave you to it though. You've done a marvelous job defending your turf. Good luck 28 turtles.

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

Well,,not really .. I think RGIII is clearly better.. BUT the COST vs. only a slightly lesser product that came in the THIRD round was my discussion.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Well,,not really .. I think RGIII is clearly better.. BUT the COST vs. only a slightly lesser product that came in the THIRD round was my discussion.
yes, but RG3's ceiling is higher.

How Much better is Wilson going to play than he's already done?

I don't think too much better.

Most people believe, and I agree, Rg3 is just scratching the surface. You don't just draft players for what they will be as rookies but what you thinly hey will develop into 5+ years down the line.

I think Wilson will be good for a decade +, but I think Griffin has the opportunity to develop into one of the all time greats!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

yes, but RG3's ceiling is higher.

How Much better is Wilson going to play than he's already done?

I don't think too much better.

Most people believe, and I agree, Rg3 is just scratching the surface. You don't just draft players for what they will be as rookies but what you thinly hey will develop into 5+ years down the line.

I think Wilson will be good for a decade +, but I think Griffin has the opportunity to develop into one of the all time greats!

Agreed,,IF-he gets better at protecting himself. With that said though-- when the game is on the line and you HAVE to have that 1st down or that touchdown-- whatcha gonna do !? Think
footy_29

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did the Redskins give up a ransom to get RG3? Yes.

Does this mean that Russell Wilson would have been better for this franchise? No.

Would I, personally, draft Wilson instead of RG3, even with the acquisition fee? Not a chance.

I don't get how one can say that Russell Wilson is a better thrower considering RG3 is known for great accuracy with short patterns. What it does come down to is leadership. Frankly, I think Wilson is being massively overrated during the latter third of the season.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000121117/article/rookie-qb-rankings-season-in-review-rg3-on-top?campaign=Ext_Email_NL_18_NFL&cvosrc=Ext.Email.NL.18.NFL

Rookie qb ranking. Rg3 on top! Cool

Quote:
RG3 had my Rookie of the Year vote two weeks ago. Nothing has changed my mind since. Griffin came into the NFL with veteran traits: consistency, smarts and great decision-making. He was efficient and accurate from Day 1. It's insane to see a rookie lead the league in fewest interceptions per throw and yards per attempt. His play-fakes and zone-read ability keyed the Redskins' No. 1 rushing attack.

Recurring themes: I went back and read my notes for the whole season looking for common threads. From the get-go, Griffin's speed stuck out, not just on his runs but how quickly he pulls the trigger on throws. His accuracy stands apart from the other rookies. He leads receivers well. He bounces up after taking big hits. His deep ball is a thing of beauty. He occasionally didn't know when to give up a play, which led to sacks and too many fumbles.

Throw in Griffin's 815 rushing yards and seven scores, and it wasn't that tough a decision to rank him first based on the entire season. Griffin's highs weren't as high as Andrew Luck or Russell Wilson's, but there practically were no dips in Griffin's play. Griffin ranked first for the week among rookies five times, which actually is once less than Luck. But RG3 was second another seven times. Only three times in 15 starts was Griffin not one of my top two quarterbacks for the week. For comparison, Luck finished third or lower seven times. Wilson was third or lower eight times. Griffin was the only rookie who didn't have a week where he finished fifth. Yes, this is all subjective, and I'm a massive dork.

TheDudeAbides

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're both phenomenal talents and they're both great leaders - I don't think you'll find a Skins fan who'd choose Wilson, nor a Hawks fan who'd chose Griffin... well, maybe one, heh.

I think it's going to come down to RGIII's longevity. Dude needs to learn how to avoid hits - he's Mike Vick good, but I'm concerned that his career is in jeopardy far too often. Wilson could very well have the "short guy" ceiling, but we won't know until a few years pass in either case.

After one season, I'm glad we have Wilson. The guy's in Jerry Rice's category as far as preparation is concerned. By Monday morning, he's got next week's defense scouted for tendencies and he's got emails out and notes in the locker of each of his offensive teammates with info he's gleaned from tape and conversations with coaches. He's a monster of preparedness and it goes directly to why he's never rattled or nervous.

"When you're properly prepared, you're never nervous." - R. Wilson. Couldn't be a more telling quote from a player, heh. I'm certain that RGIII does some similar things for the Skins, so I won't argue the point, but I do like my guy... here's to 10 years of NFC battles between the two signal callers, heh.

Go Hawks!

TommyC376 on the Sig
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDudeAbides wrote:
They're both phenomenal talents and they're both great leaders - I don't think you'll find a Skins fan who'd choose Wilson, nor a Hawks fan who'd chose Griffin... well, maybe one, heh.

I think it's going to come down to RGIII's longevity. Dude needs to learn how to avoid hits - he's Mike Vick good, but I'm concerned that his career is in jeopardy far too often. Wilson could very well have the "short guy" ceiling, but we won't know until a few years pass in either case.

After one season, I'm glad we have Wilson. The guy's in Jerry Rice's category as far as preparation is concerned. By Monday morning, he's got next week's defense scouted for tendencies and he's got emails out and notes in the locker of each of his offensive teammates with info he's gleaned from tape and conversations with coaches. He's a monster of preparedness and it goes directly to why he's never rattled or nervous.

"When you're properly prepared, you're never nervous." - R. Wilson. Couldn't be a more telling quote from a player, heh. I'm certain that RGIII does some similar things for the Skins, so I won't argue the point, but I do like my guy... here's to 10 years of NFC battles between the two signal callers, heh.

Go Hawks!

Agreed,we both found perfect matches for our respective teams.

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-1 Tackle
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I heard someone say that Griffin was a combination of John Elway and Randall Cunningham.

Russell Wilson is like Fran Tarkenton or Doug Flutie.

I'd agree with those comparisons.
Slateman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game makes me even more convinced that the Redskins should have taken Wilson in the 2nd round instead of trading up.

Trade back, get an extra third rounder, take Harrison Smith in the first. Take Janoris Jenkins in the 2nd. Could have still gotten Reibus in the third along with Russel Wilson.

Hindsight is 20/20 but I'd be willing to bet that that draft plus whatever we'd get out of our first rounders would be better than RG3
lavar703

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
This game makes me even more convinced that the Redskins should have taken Wilson in the 2nd round instead of trading up.

Trade back, get an extra third rounder, take Harrison Smith in the first. Take Janoris Jenkins in the 2nd. Could have still gotten Reibus in the third along with Russel Wilson.

Hindsight is 20/20 but I'd be willing to bet that that draft plus whatever we'd get out of our first rounders would be better than RG3

And as always, you're wrong.
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
Slateman wrote:

And as always, you're wrong.

Agreed,after watching a 100% Wilson,it should be obvious to anyone that healthy RG3>>>>>Wilson

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-1 Tackle
PincheJimmy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
Did the Redskins give up a ransom to get RG3? Yes.

Does this mean that Russell Wilson would have been better for this franchise? No.

Would I, personally, draft Wilson instead of RG3, even with the acquisition fee? Not a chance.

I don't get how one can say that Russell Wilson is a better thrower considering RG3 is known for great accuracy with short patterns. What it does come down to is leadership. Frankly, I think Wilson is being massively overrated during the latter third of the season.

Are you kidding me?? Overrated? He's been playing his best ball in the latter part of the season

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: