Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens LB Ray Lewis will sign a mutli-year deal with ESPN
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
24isthelaw


Joined: 15 Nov 2010
Posts: 7558
Location: Where the Patriots are
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will he wear white suits in studio?
_________________

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ChazStandard


Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Posts: 3305
Location: The bandwagon, hop on up!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadaluvsdalla wrote:
Hat Man wrote:
Another ex jock with no broadcast experience, with no education in broadcasting, and chances are, he didn't have to go through an audition, lands a multi million dollar job he didn't earn.

Another network decides to give a job to someone with no experience in the field that they're going into. How can any young guy that went to college, received a degree in broadcasting, and has paid his dues by working his way up from small markets to larger markets, ever get a job at any network when all they do is give special treatment to unqualified ex jocks?

Networks like ESPN show they're not about hiring the best, they're just about hiring the most popular.

ESPN has become the sports version of E! Network.


They are talking about football. When it comes to that. I would love to listen to Ray Lewis on TV. Why do I want to hear some kid from college talk about the NFL he never played in ? I'm not burning college kids cause I'm one myself but there are tons of other broadcasting options out there.

I dont know about you. But if I had to sit down on sundays and watch RAY LEWIS get me pumped to watched all the games on that day , hell yes I would take it. Hes smart, he knows football, he lives football, ESPN knows he will work hard at his craft cause thats what ray lewis does, thats like a done deal.


TV networks are full of ex-players/coaches that talk crap. Dukes, Irvin, Faulk, Gruden, Rice...playing/coaching football doesn't mean you can talk about it with intelligence. Have you ever heard a post-game interview?

Mike Mayock and (to UK audiences) Mike Carlson talk with much more understanding and depth without anything but college experience.

I'm not saying Ray will be good or bad...just that assuming a guy has special understanding or insights because he played for so long has long since been disproved
_________________


2013 Adopt-a-Pat:Tom Brady, Quarterback
Stats: 257-430-2896 17TDs 7INT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
24isthelaw


Joined: 15 Nov 2010
Posts: 7558
Location: Where the Patriots are
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChazStandard wrote:

TV networks are full of ex-players/coaches that talk crap. Dukes, Irvin, Faulk, Gruden, Rice...playing/coaching football doesn't mean you can talk about it with intelligence. Have you ever heard a post-game interview?

Mike Mayock and (to UK audiences) Mike Carlson talk with much more understanding and depth without anything but college experience.

I'm not saying Ray will be good or bad...just that assuming a guy has special understanding or insights because he played for so long has long since been disproved


The networks limit the "insight" though... I'm sure if Irvin, Faulk, Rice, etc. wanted to they could be much more interesting and insightful. The network dictates the content, the tone, the "characters" they play, etc... Same thing will probably happen to Ray. He'll read a script and say the things he's supposed to say at the panel. Its a sweet job though, and jokes aside, he's earned a cushy retirement.
_________________

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Thelonebillsfan


Joined: 22 Jan 2009
Posts: 8928
Location: In the ether
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChazStandard wrote:
canadaluvsdalla wrote:
Hat Man wrote:
Another ex jock with no broadcast experience, with no education in broadcasting, and chances are, he didn't have to go through an audition, lands a multi million dollar job he didn't earn.

Another network decides to give a job to someone with no experience in the field that they're going into. How can any young guy that went to college, received a degree in broadcasting, and has paid his dues by working his way up from small markets to larger markets, ever get a job at any network when all they do is give special treatment to unqualified ex jocks?

Networks like ESPN show they're not about hiring the best, they're just about hiring the most popular.

ESPN has become the sports version of E! Network.


They are talking about football. When it comes to that. I would love to listen to Ray Lewis on TV. Why do I want to hear some kid from college talk about the NFL he never played in ? I'm not burning college kids cause I'm one myself but there are tons of other broadcasting options out there.

I dont know about you. But if I had to sit down on sundays and watch RAY LEWIS get me pumped to watched all the games on that day , hell yes I would take it. Hes smart, he knows football, he lives football, ESPN knows he will work hard at his craft cause thats what ray lewis does, thats like a done deal.


TV networks are full of ex-players/coaches that talk crap. Dukes, Irvin, Faulk, Gruden, Rice...playing/coaching football doesn't mean you can talk about it with intelligence. Have you ever heard a post-game interview?

Mike Mayock and (to UK audiences) Mike Carlson talk with much more understanding and depth without anything but college experience.

I'm not saying Ray will be good or bad...just that assuming a guy has special understanding or insights because he played for so long has long since been disproved


Mike Mayock played in the NFL.

Just an FYI. Wink
_________________

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titwio


Joined: 09 Jan 2011
Posts: 6256
Location: Bronx NY *Sio Moore mofo's
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
LostRoadStone wrote:
I think that would be a lot of fun. He's an entertaining character, and he also has one of the highest football IQ's ever.


ESPN will find a way to ruin him.

Should of joined the NFL Network.


First thing I thought of when I heard the news.
_________________
44 and 21 Once a Giant, always a Giant
bRONX bRIXX
2013 Welcome's you to the "David Wilson Show".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thelonebillsfan


Joined: 22 Jan 2009
Posts: 8928
Location: In the ether
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, if he's just used as a radio call in guy and put into the MNF line-up, I can see this working well. Hope once his son leaves The U he goes to a network and does pre-game shows. He'd be great on those.
_________________

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChazStandard


Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Posts: 3305
Location: The bandwagon, hop on up!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
ChazStandard wrote:
canadaluvsdalla wrote:
Hat Man wrote:
Another ex jock with no broadcast experience, with no education in broadcasting, and chances are, he didn't have to go through an audition, lands a multi million dollar job he didn't earn.

Another network decides to give a job to someone with no experience in the field that they're going into. How can any young guy that went to college, received a degree in broadcasting, and has paid his dues by working his way up from small markets to larger markets, ever get a job at any network when all they do is give special treatment to unqualified ex jocks?

Networks like ESPN show they're not about hiring the best, they're just about hiring the most popular.

ESPN has become the sports version of E! Network.


They are talking about football. When it comes to that. I would love to listen to Ray Lewis on TV. Why do I want to hear some kid from college talk about the NFL he never played in ? I'm not burning college kids cause I'm one myself but there are tons of other broadcasting options out there.

I dont know about you. But if I had to sit down on sundays and watch RAY LEWIS get me pumped to watched all the games on that day , hell yes I would take it. Hes smart, he knows football, he lives football, ESPN knows he will work hard at his craft cause thats what ray lewis does, thats like a done deal.


TV networks are full of ex-players/coaches that talk crap. Dukes, Irvin, Faulk, Gruden, Rice...playing/coaching football doesn't mean you can talk about it with intelligence. Have you ever heard a post-game interview?

Mike Mayock and (to UK audiences) Mike Carlson talk with much more understanding and depth without anything but college experience.

I'm not saying Ray will be good or bad...just that assuming a guy has special understanding or insights because he played for so long has long since been disproved


Mike Mayock played in the NFL.

Just an FYI. Wink


I knew someone was gonna call me out on that but couldn't be bothered to correct it.

The Giants barely counts as the NFL anyway Wink
_________________


2013 Adopt-a-Pat:Tom Brady, Quarterback
Stats: 257-430-2896 17TDs 7INT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
sp6488


Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 8175
Location: MD
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChazStandard wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
ChazStandard wrote:
canadaluvsdalla wrote:
Hat Man wrote:
Another ex jock with no broadcast experience, with no education in broadcasting, and chances are, he didn't have to go through an audition, lands a multi million dollar job he didn't earn.

Another network decides to give a job to someone with no experience in the field that they're going into. How can any young guy that went to college, received a degree in broadcasting, and has paid his dues by working his way up from small markets to larger markets, ever get a job at any network when all they do is give special treatment to unqualified ex jocks?

Networks like ESPN show they're not about hiring the best, they're just about hiring the most popular.

ESPN has become the sports version of E! Network.


They are talking about football. When it comes to that. I would love to listen to Ray Lewis on TV. Why do I want to hear some kid from college talk about the NFL he never played in ? I'm not burning college kids cause I'm one myself but there are tons of other broadcasting options out there.

I dont know about you. But if I had to sit down on sundays and watch RAY LEWIS get me pumped to watched all the games on that day , hell yes I would take it. Hes smart, he knows football, he lives football, ESPN knows he will work hard at his craft cause thats what ray lewis does, thats like a done deal.


TV networks are full of ex-players/coaches that talk crap. Dukes, Irvin, Faulk, Gruden, Rice...playing/coaching football doesn't mean you can talk about it with intelligence. Have you ever heard a post-game interview?

Mike Mayock and (to UK audiences) Mike Carlson talk with much more understanding and depth without anything but college experience.

I'm not saying Ray will be good or bad...just that assuming a guy has special understanding or insights because he played for so long has long since been disproved


Mike Mayock played in the NFL.

Just an FYI. Wink


I knew someone was gonna call me out on that but couldn't be bothered to correct it.

The Giants barely counts as the NFL anyway Wink


This is intentional irony, right? I hope.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
MikeLowrey


Joined: 30 Aug 2012
Posts: 137
Location: Illinois
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
LostRoadStone wrote:
I think that would be a lot of fun. He's an entertaining character, and he also has one of the highest football IQ's ever.


ESPN will find a way to ruin him.

Should of joined the NFL Network.


Should've/ Should have*

Only reason people type should of, is because it sounds like "should've" which is the contraction of combining "should" and "have" which is the proper way of writing/typing it. Not a grammar nazi, I just see it way too much.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sp6488


Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 8175
Location: MD
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeLowrey wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
LostRoadStone wrote:
I think that would be a lot of fun. He's an entertaining character, and he also has one of the highest football IQ's ever.


ESPN will find a way to ruin him.

Should of joined the NFL Network.


Should've/ Should have*

Only reason people type should of, is because it sounds like "should've" which is the contraction of combining "should" and "have" which is the proper way of writing/typing it. Not a grammar nazi, I just see it way too much.


Your just bias
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
titansNvolsR#1


Joined: 26 Nov 2005
Posts: 11856
Location: Kuwait City
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should bring Paul Rudd with him. Love their commercials.
_________________
My Student wrote:
Give your girlfriend my number, Mr. Garrett. I may be 12, but she deserves a real man. Not someone that gives homework in Math and Science the same night.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 47277
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news.

It was only a matter of time. Dude will be involved with football forever.

Id like to see him become a coach down the line, but he is so entertaining, I wont mind if he is just a football personality forever.
_________________

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AntiSuperstar


Joined: 07 Oct 2007
Posts: 4445
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hat Man wrote:
Another ex jock with no broadcast experience, with no education in broadcasting, and chances are, he didn't have to go through an audition, lands a multi million dollar job he didn't earn.

Another network decides to give a job to someone with no experience in the field that they're going into. How can any young guy that went to college, received a degree in broadcasting, and has paid his dues by working his way up from small markets to larger markets, ever get a job at any network when all they do is give special treatment to unqualified ex jocks?

Networks like ESPN show they're not about hiring the best, they're just about hiring the most popular.

ESPN has become the sports version of E! Network.


Someone's jealous.

It's entertainment bro. Well known personalities mean more than some meaningless degree and chances are the audience will care more about seeing a star like Ray Lewis than they will some "more qualified" dude with a college degree. And that viewing audience is all that matters to ESPN. That's the real world. There are much bigger issues to shed tears over in the world than the troubles of college broadcasting graduates. First world problems, deal with it, etc.
_________________
Stop slobbering over Brian Dawkins
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
#24


Joined: 17 Jun 2007
Posts: 660
Location: Philadelphia
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray Lewis is a normal human being, he's not going to be in the studio making remarkable speeches, he's just going to be sitting down and speaking like anybody else would. I like the hire and I'm looking forward to watching him with the crew.
_________________
Allen Iverson and Donovan McNabb. A salute for everything the both of you have done for the city of Philadelphia.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 20531
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChazStandard wrote:
canadaluvsdalla wrote:
Hat Man wrote:
Another ex jock with no broadcast experience, with no education in broadcasting, and chances are, he didn't have to go through an audition, lands a multi million dollar job he didn't earn.

Another network decides to give a job to someone with no experience in the field that they're going into. How can any young guy that went to college, received a degree in broadcasting, and has paid his dues by working his way up from small markets to larger markets, ever get a job at any network when all they do is give special treatment to unqualified ex jocks?

Networks like ESPN show they're not about hiring the best, they're just about hiring the most popular.

ESPN has become the sports version of E! Network.


They are talking about football. When it comes to that. I would love to listen to Ray Lewis on TV. Why do I want to hear some kid from college talk about the NFL he never played in ? I'm not burning college kids cause I'm one myself but there are tons of other broadcasting options out there.

I dont know about you. But if I had to sit down on sundays and watch RAY LEWIS get me pumped to watched all the games on that day , hell yes I would take it. Hes smart, he knows football, he lives football, ESPN knows he will work hard at his craft cause thats what ray lewis does, thats like a done deal.


TV networks are full of ex-players/coaches that talk crap. Dukes, Irvin, Faulk, Gruden, Rice...playing/coaching football doesn't mean you can talk about it with intelligence. Have you ever heard a post-game interview?

Mike Mayock and (to UK audiences) Mike Carlson talk with much more understanding and depth without anything but college experience.

I'm not saying Ray will be good or bad...just that assuming a guy has special understanding or insights because he played for so long has long since been disproved
i think ray will do a tremendous job, but I agree with a lot of what you're saying. Many of the ex-NFL guys Who are broadcasters really shouldn't be
_________________

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group