Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens LB Ray Lewis will sign a mutli-year deal with ESPN
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will he wear white suits in studio?

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
ChazStandard

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadaluvsdalla wrote:
Hat Man wrote:
Another ex jock with no broadcast experience, with no education in broadcasting, and chances are, he didn't have to go through an audition, lands a multi million dollar job he didn't earn.

Another network decides to give a job to someone with no experience in the field that they're going into. How can any young guy that went to college, received a degree in broadcasting, and has paid his dues by working his way up from small markets to larger markets, ever get a job at any network when all they do is give special treatment to unqualified ex jocks?

Networks like ESPN show they're not about hiring the best, they're just about hiring the most popular.

ESPN has become the sports version of E! Network.

They are talking about football. When it comes to that. I would love to listen to Ray Lewis on TV. Why do I want to hear some kid from college talk about the NFL he never played in ? I'm not burning college kids cause I'm one myself but there are tons of other broadcasting options out there.

I dont know about you. But if I had to sit down on sundays and watch RAY LEWIS get me pumped to watched all the games on that day , hell yes I would take it. Hes smart, he knows football, he lives football, ESPN knows he will work hard at his craft cause thats what ray lewis does, thats like a done deal.

TV networks are full of ex-players/coaches that talk crap. Dukes, Irvin, Faulk, Gruden, Rice...playing/coaching football doesn't mean you can talk about it with intelligence. Have you ever heard a post-game interview?

Mike Mayock and (to UK audiences) Mike Carlson talk with much more understanding and depth without anything but college experience.

I'm not saying Ray will be good or bad...just that assuming a guy has special understanding or insights because he played for so long has long since been disproved

2013 Adopt-a-Pat:Tom Brady, Quarterback
Stats: 257-430-2896 17TDs 7INT
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChazStandard wrote:

TV networks are full of ex-players/coaches that talk crap. Dukes, Irvin, Faulk, Gruden, Rice...playing/coaching football doesn't mean you can talk about it with intelligence. Have you ever heard a post-game interview?

Mike Mayock and (to UK audiences) Mike Carlson talk with much more understanding and depth without anything but college experience.

I'm not saying Ray will be good or bad...just that assuming a guy has special understanding or insights because he played for so long has long since been disproved

The networks limit the "insight" though... I'm sure if Irvin, Faulk, Rice, etc. wanted to they could be much more interesting and insightful. The network dictates the content, the tone, the "characters" they play, etc... Same thing will probably happen to Ray. He'll read a script and say the things he's supposed to say at the panel. Its a sweet job though, and jokes aside, he's earned a cushy retirement.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChazStandard wrote:
canadaluvsdalla wrote:
Hat Man wrote:
Another ex jock with no broadcast experience, with no education in broadcasting, and chances are, he didn't have to go through an audition, lands a multi million dollar job he didn't earn.

Another network decides to give a job to someone with no experience in the field that they're going into. How can any young guy that went to college, received a degree in broadcasting, and has paid his dues by working his way up from small markets to larger markets, ever get a job at any network when all they do is give special treatment to unqualified ex jocks?

Networks like ESPN show they're not about hiring the best, they're just about hiring the most popular.

They are talking about football. When it comes to that. I would love to listen to Ray Lewis on TV. Why do I want to hear some kid from college talk about the NFL he never played in ? I'm not burning college kids cause I'm one myself but there are tons of other broadcasting options out there.

I dont know about you. But if I had to sit down on sundays and watch RAY LEWIS get me pumped to watched all the games on that day , hell yes I would take it. Hes smart, he knows football, he lives football, ESPN knows he will work hard at his craft cause thats what ray lewis does, thats like a done deal.

Mike Mayock played in the NFL.

Just an FYI. Wink

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
titwio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
LostRoadStone wrote:
I think that would be a lot of fun. He's an entertaining character, and he also has one of the highest football IQ's ever.

ESPN will find a way to ruin him.

Should of joined the NFL Network.

First thing I thought of when I heard the news.
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, if he's just used as a radio call in guy and put into the MNF line-up, I can see this working well. Hope once his son leaves The U he goes to a network and does pre-game shows. He'd be great on those.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
ChazStandard

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
ChazStandard wrote:
canadaluvsdalla wrote:
Hat Man wrote:

Just an FYI. Wink

I knew someone was gonna call me out on that but couldn't be bothered to correct it.

The Giants barely counts as the NFL anyway Wink

2013 Adopt-a-Pat:Tom Brady, Quarterback
Stats: 257-430-2896 17TDs 7INT
sp6488

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChazStandard wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
ChazStandard wrote:
canadaluvsdalla wrote:
Hat Man wrote:

Just an FYI. Wink

I knew someone was gonna call me out on that but couldn't be bothered to correct it.

The Giants barely counts as the NFL anyway Wink

This is intentional irony, right? I hope.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
LostRoadStone wrote:
I think that would be a lot of fun. He's an entertaining character, and he also has one of the highest football IQ's ever.

Should've/ Should have*

Only reason people type should of, is because it sounds like "should've" which is the contraction of combining "should" and "have" which is the proper way of writing/typing it. Not a grammar nazi, I just see it way too much.
sp6488

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeLowrey wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
LostRoadStone wrote:

Should've/ Should have*

Only reason people type should of, is because it sounds like "should've" which is the contraction of combining "should" and "have" which is the proper way of writing/typing it. Not a grammar nazi, I just see it way too much.

Your just bias
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should bring Paul Rudd with him. Love their commercials.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news.

It was only a matter of time. Dude will be involved with football forever.

Id like to see him become a coach down the line, but he is so entertaining, I wont mind if he is just a football personality forever.

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hat Man wrote:

Someone's jealous.

It's entertainment bro. Well known personalities mean more than some meaningless degree and chances are the audience will care more about seeing a star like Ray Lewis than they will some "more qualified" dude with a college degree. And that viewing audience is all that matters to ESPN. That's the real world. There are much bigger issues to shed tears over in the world than the troubles of college broadcasting graduates. First world problems, deal with it, etc.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray Lewis is a normal human being, he's not going to be in the studio making remarkable speeches, he's just going to be sitting down and speaking like anybody else would. I like the hire and I'm looking forward to watching him with the crew.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChazStandard wrote:
canadaluvsdalla wrote:
Hat Man wrote:

i think ray will do a tremendous job, but I agree with a lot of what you're saying. Many of the ex-NFL guys Who are broadcasters really shouldn't be

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: