Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chiefs officially hired former Eagles coach Andy Reid
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CJ4life

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:

My prediction is that the Chiefs trade for Matt Flynn, a 4th or 5th rd pick should get it done and have an open competition with Stanzi and whatever they get in the draft. Though, I tend to think the Chiefs need to avoid taking a QB in round 1 this year. Surely, the Chiefs will be a 4-3 defense and they have a lot of pieces for it. They would probably be smart to draft Star with that top pick and plug him in at the 4-3 NT spot and have Tyson Jackson play UT.

I think its going to depend on whether the Chiefs feel Geno Smith is worth the #1 overall pick if they draft a QB or not, at all in this draft. As another option, the idea of picking up a guy like Matt Flynn is a pretty good idea too.

Chiefs going to the 4-3 should be a pretty smooth transition. IIRC, Glenn Dorsey is still on that team, has been playing better recently, and has always been a more natural fit for a 4-3 than a 3-4 scheme. Might be a really good move if you think about it.

driftwood wrote:
haggis wrote:
i bet if you had sould after he jumped a little cough here and there usually follow

lol, wait what?
BBIB

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
My guess is either Pat Shurmur or Brad Childress follow Reid to KC.

So who could QB this team next year?

Tarvaris Jackson
Michael Vick
Matt Flynn

All these players have experience with the west coast offense.

My prediction is that the Chiefs trade for Matt Flynn, a 4th or 5th rd pick should get it done and have an open competition with Stanzi and whatever they get in the draft. Though, I tend to think the Chiefs need to avoid taking a QB in round 1 this year. Surely, the Chiefs will be a 4-3 defense and they have a lot of pieces for it. They would probably be smart to draft Star with that top pick and plug him in at the 4-3 NT spot and have Tyson Jackson play UT.

Offensively, the Chiefs have a lot of pieces to run Reid's offense. They have the receivers for it, though my guess is that the Chiefs will be looking for a speedy WR in round 2 and I dont see Bowe returning.

Going from McCoy toe Charles is really not much of a dropoff and they can be used similarly. Basically are the same RB.

It depends on what Andy Reid really feels about Michael Vick at this point

Because on paper Vick is clearly the best option. He's the most talented player and most familiar with Reid's system

Although I'm still not convinced that offense is the best fit for Vick, he still has potential to be much more effective than any other vet or rookie option

Plus they could legitimately compete in that weak division

Vick could have about as much time left as Peyton Manning in 3-4 years, which would be just enough time for Reid and company to take over the division with a QB of the future. (Then again who knows what happens with the Raiders and Pryor by then but still the Broncos should be in rebuild mode by then)
Chiefer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:

Tarvaris Jackson
Michael Vick
Matt Flynn

Offensively, the Chiefs have a lot of pieces to run Reid's offense. They have the receivers for it, though my guess is that the Chiefs will be looking for a speedy WR in round 2 and I dont see Bowe returning.

Going from McCoy toe Charles is really not much of a dropoff and they can be used similarly. Basically are the same RB.

I highly doubt Andy Reid is looking at the Chiefs situation and thinking "Oh I wanna coach here so I can take Star Lotulelei number one overall"

My gut tells me its going to be a QB, which one is a different story. Wilson, Smith, Barkley, all could fit in his system IMO and he's got a lot of scouting to go till April to figure it out.

Besides the point, that 4-3 front you just described is so god awful its beyond description. Tyson Jackson at UT??? Holy crap, I'd rather just cut him if we go that route. He'd be so horrible at UT, seriously. You must have forgotten the Chiefs drafted Dontari Poe, now he's definitely a UT. Or NT, I think he and Star could rotate easily after a couple years of coaching.

But, I think they stay in a 34. If what I'm hearing is true, John Dorsey from the Packers will be the new GM of the Chiefs and he knows 34 Defenses, which is what this team is built for anyways. He would help Reid in the scouting process, and if we stick with a 34 there isn't much of a need for a DL 1st overall. Jackson-Poe-Pitoitua/Bailey is solid enough, although you put Star at Nose and Poe at DE it could definitely work out.

I hope Bowe will stay, he'd be perfect in Andy Reid's offense. Him on slant routes is so deadly.
TD: 0
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:

Tarvaris Jackson
Michael Vick
Matt Flynn

There's no way we let a relatively young, top-end backup go for a 5th round pick. 4th round is as low as we'd go. At least I think...
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good. Now Charles won't get any touches.

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:

He'll still get hos touches but wouldn't surprise me in the least if 4-6 of them are via the passing. Good luck with your LB's covering him in space. In all seriousness I can see him having 75-100 receptions next season, no joke.

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 12 Gm/ 71 Rec/ 1088 Yds/ 9 TD/ 15.3 YPC/
Chiefer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:

He got pretty much the same amount of touches per game that Shady McCoy did last year...
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:

He got pretty much the same amount of touches per game that Shady McCoy did last year...

Please don't use that as a positive. It's the main reason we all wanted him ran out of town towards the end. The inability to use and utilized your best player to the fullest. Instead of 16/17 carries Shady should have been upwards of 23-25.

Bird Watch:
Chiefer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:

Please don't use that as a positive. It's the main reason we all wanted him ran out of town towards the end. The inability to use and utilized your best player to the fullest. Instead of 16/17 carries Shady should have been upwards of 23-25.

Charles got 1500 yards getting that many carries a game.

I'm fine with it.
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:

I'm fine with it.

Imagine what he could of done had Matt Cassell been asked not to throw 5 more times a game and hand it off to Charles instead?

Bird Watch:
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:

I'm fine with it.

You're missing the point...

Would you have rather had 5 more Cassell passes per game or 5 more handoffs to Charles?

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
Hiero

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

definitely taking geno smith now, chiefs will be a lot better

Props to IDOG_det on the sig.
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
The Chiefs situation is not that dissimilar to the Eagles when Reid was hired. A team with a high pick, some talent, but lacking a QB.

I'd feel reasonably comfortable in predicting the Chiefs as taking Geno at 1. Assuming he doesn't bomb between now and the draft.

This is not a bad hire for KC. As long as he doesn't bring in Marty and hires a competent DC, I could see the Chiefs as strong playoff contenders in 2-3 seasons.

If it takes that long then something went horribly wrong at QB...

I'm not sure why you would say that at all. They are picking #1 this year regardless of anything else. And like Piquel pointed out, being a strong playoff contender is not the same as making the playoffs.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:

Would you have rather had 5 more Cassell passes per game or 5 more handoffs to Charles?

I'd rather have 5 more passes from Geno/Wilson than 5 more Charles carries. I want Charles to have a long, productive career instead of us beating a small back like him down with carries. I'll openly admit that my opinion probably has something to do with how we rode Larry Johnson into the ground, but the fact still remaindered that you should never over-use your playmakers if you don't absolutely HAVE to. With Geno or Wilson to go with Bowe and Reid's offense, we should be able to be much more balanced and unpredictable as an offense. That would mean a RBBC to an extent with Charles as the "lightning" and another as the "thunder". That would translate to roughly the same amount of carries for Charles, while only having him come off the field in short yardage situations. I'm 100% okay with that. In fact, that's my personal preference.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:

I'd rather have 5 more passes from Geno/Wilson than 5 more Charles carries. I want Charles to have a long, productive career instead of us beating a small back like him down with carries. I'll openly admit that my opinion probably has something to do with how we rode Larry Johnson into the ground, but the fact still remaindered that you should never over-use your playmakers if you don't absolutely HAVE to. With Geno or Wilson to go with Bowe and Reid's offense, we should be able to be much more balanced and unpredictable as an offense. That would mean a RBBC to an extent with Charles as the "lightning" and another as the "thunder". That would translate to roughly the same amount of carries for Charles, while only having him come off the field in short yardage situations. I'm 100% okay with that. In fact, that's my personal preference.

There's no such thing as a RBBC in a Andy Reid system. That's a Myth. All you'll have is a stable of RB getting under utilized in the run game. I get not wanting to get Charles ran into the ground. However didn't one of you post he only gets 15 carries a gm as is? You going to tell me an extra 5 (20 rush ATT) is going to break him? Larry was broken because he was carring 25-30 every single game sometimes 35/40. Monumental difference in the two situations. This is the point. When you have a back like Charles/Shady you make sure they have at least 20 rush attempts because anyone of those can go for 80. When you have capable back up running backs on the roster you make sure they get 7-10 ATT as well. That's how you turn a Andy Reid system into a successful one and not a retarded 70-30 pass ratio where winning comes at the hands of flipping a coin. Go look up the Eagles win loss record when Shady recieved 20 rush Attempts and tell me how that doesn't instantly change your approach as a HC. It's the most dumbfounded thing I have ever seen with AR. Sure hope he adapts accordingly for the Chiefs.

Bird Watch:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15

Jump to: