Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chiefs officially hired former Eagles coach Andy Reid
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
Andy Reid and Clark Hunt make it official. Reid becomes the Head Coach of the Chiefs - #chiefs #chiefskingdom pic.twitter.com/kMRFskLM

http://twitter.com/kcchiefs/statuses/287363137651503104

Tom Brady Tribute
Chiefer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:
The Chiefs situation is not that dissimilar to the Eagles when Reid was hired. A team with a high pick, some talent, but lacking a QB.

I'd feel reasonably comfortable in predicting the Chiefs as taking Geno at 1. Assuming he doesn't bomb between now and the draft.

This is not a bad hire for KC. As long as he doesn't bring in Marty and hires a competent DC, I could see the Chiefs as strong playoff contenders in 2-3 seasons.

If it takes that long then something went horribly wrong at QB...

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keleth wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
The Chiefs situation is not that dissimilar to the Eagles when Reid was hired. A team with a high pick, some talent, but lacking a QB.

I'd feel reasonably comfortable in predicting the Chiefs as taking Geno at 1. Assuming he doesn't bomb between now and the draft.

This is not a bad hire for KC. As long as he doesn't bring in Marty and hires a competent DC, I could see the Chiefs as strong playoff contenders in 2-3 seasons.

Not how it works for them. They will be 13-3 next year and we will hear why from now until week 1.

Yep funny that the start of this season we heard how full of talent they were and now they're celebrating the GM being fired because he couldn't find talent.

Could be a good hire unless as it appears Reid has lost it then this could be another few years we finish above them.

We are celebrating the GM being fired because he failed where it counts the most: QB, HC, not to mention a recent trend of not getting top players resigned with no worthy replacement. Not to mention the entire culture he created.

Only ONE poster predicted a 13-3 season, yet that's all we hear about.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of

Last edited by ArrowheadRage58 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phins72 wrote:
Don't draft Charles next year in fantasy Laughing

Funny, McCoy got more touches per game than Charles.

Chiefer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
phins72 wrote:

I think Charles had 1 more touch a game then McCoy.

1500 yards on 18 runs a games is pretty good. If you take away 16 touches overall I doubt it will take away to much from his productivity, I think Charles will be fine with Andy Reid.
Piquel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
phins72 wrote:

I think Charles had 1 more touch a game then McCoy.

1500 yards on 18 runs a games is pretty good. If you take away 16 touches overall I doubt it will take away to much from his productivity, I think Charles will be fine with Andy Reid.

And for their career....

Charles 65 Games 12.1 Rushing attempts per game
McCoy 58 Games 14.4 Rushing attempts per game

I'm glad Charles carries will continue to be held in check. I don't care about anyone's fantasy football draft. I want Charles healthy and a Chief for a long time.
nextsuperstar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:

Where are the chiefs going to find a QB? I don't see anyone predicting a QB in this draft to be as good as Newton, Luck or Rg3... So unless a QB can pull a Russel Wilson, how are they supposed to make the playoffs next year?
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just heard that Andy Reid made a mistake and did not mean to sign with the Chiefs. He meant to sign with KFC...not KCC. Wink

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Piquel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nextsuperstar wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:

Where are the chiefs going to find a QB? I don't see anyone predicting a QB in this draft to be as good as Newton, Luck or Rg3... So unless a QB can pull a Russel Wilson, how are they supposed to make the playoffs next year?

Strong playoff contenders isn't the same as making the playoffs. Strong playoff contenders is extremely vague term I can't believe you attacked it. Unless you read it as strong contenders in the playoffs. If that happens next year then KC did something really right at QB Laughing

As for QB's this year's draft reminds me of '08. Sucks there's no Hall of Fame hyped QB the year we pick #1, but ooh well I'll take a Matt Ryan or Joe Flacco. It sucks more to be the worst team in football and I hope we never are again. Also Chiefs will pay less @ #1 then Atlanta did for Ryan, and probably less the Baltimore did for Flacco, so if Reid gets it wrong it won't kill our salary cap to cut our losses and move on.

Who knows if new QB will work out or not, but I like the chances better with Andy Reid then with any KC HC since Vermeil.

Last edited by Piquel on Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:43 am; edited 1 time in total
iRaMs

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Just heard that Andy Reid made a mistake and did not mean to sign with the Chiefs. He meant to sign with KFC...not KCC. Wink

If you look closely at the photo of Reid signing the contract. You can actually see the remains of a stick o'butter in his mouth.

49ersfan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it interesting he went right back into the game with barely a day off. Long tenured coaches like Mike Shannahan and Jeff Fisher ran their time with their teams, but took a year off, and came back refreshed. Now both are coaching up and coming teams. But Reid came right back into the game.

I think a year off would have been beneficial, but i still think Reid is a good coach and this was a good hire. I favor upside and homerun potential so i think the Chiefs should have looked at Chip Kelly, or hired a combo of 49ers like GM Tom Gamble/HC Greg Roman. But this isn't a bad move and i think this team will turn around soon.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
I find it interesting he went right back into the game with barely a day off. Long tenured coaches like Mike Shannahan and Jeff Fisher ran their time with their teams, but took a year off, and came back refreshed. Now both are coaching up and coming teams. But Reid came right back into the game.

I think a year off would have been beneficial, but i still think Reid is a good coach and this was a good hire. I favor upside and homerun potential so i think the Chiefs should have looked at Chip Kelly, or hired a combo of 49ers like GM Tom Gamble/HC Greg Roman. But this isn't a bad move and i think this team will turn around soon.

The other plus as I see it is more than likely most of the coaches he would like to have on his staff are available now. If he were to wait a year he might not have quite the pick from available coaches.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nextsuperstar wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:

Well before this year the Chiefs were in playoff contention with the worst QB in the league. All we have to do is find someone more capable than him which won't be hard, that could be a rookie or a FA....or even Stanzi has the skills given a chance and a better coaching staff. The rest of the pieces are mostly in place and the few that aren't can be the focus of the draft and FA. Yeah, Den is still the favorite for now, but no matter what you think of Reid he's light years better than Haley or Romeo and then add a capable QB and you are atleast in CONTENTION for a WC.

Also, don't underestimate Geno or Wilson with a good team/coaching staff around them, much like what Russel Wilson has. Just because they're not Luck or RG3 doesn't mean they can't come in and win. They should be able to produce as well as Tannehill or Weeden, but will have the added bonus of a better team and coaching staff around them.

vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is either Pat Shurmur or Brad Childress follow Reid to KC.

So who could QB this team next year?

Tarvaris Jackson
Michael Vick
Matt Flynn

All these players have experience with the west coast offense.

My prediction is that the Chiefs trade for Matt Flynn, a 4th or 5th rd pick should get it done and have an open competition with Stanzi and whatever they get in the draft. Though, I tend to think the Chiefs need to avoid taking a QB in round 1 this year. Surely, the Chiefs will be a 4-3 defense and they have a lot of pieces for it. They would probably be smart to draft Star with that top pick and plug him in at the 4-3 NT spot and have Tyson Jackson play UT.

Offensively, the Chiefs have a lot of pieces to run Reid's offense. They have the receivers for it, though my guess is that the Chiefs will be looking for a speedy WR in round 2 and I dont see Bowe returning.

Going from McCoy toe Charles is really not much of a dropoff and they can be used similarly. Basically are the same RB.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15

Jump to: