Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pre-SuperBowl Run Mach Draft (w/ babe pics)

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
incognito_man


Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 32331
Location: Madison
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:08 am    Post subject: Pre-SuperBowl Run Mach Draft (w/ babe pics) Reply with quote

Babes: In honor of a draft pick below, I present hot German girls.

Lena Gercke


Diane Kruger


and of course, the best, Heidi:


!!!PACKER TIME!!!

I am operating under the conditions that Donald Driver is released, JerMichael Finley is restructured, Greg Jennings is tagged and tried to sign long term but ultimately traded, Charles Woodson is restructured. All key RFAs are retained and Clay gets an extension.

Pre-Draft Thoughts
-Target premium positions high
-Need at WR
-Future need at Dline
-More run-oriented agenda theme going forward

Round 1 - Stedman Bailey, WR, West Virginia

I love this guy. I loved Randall Cobb as well, and I'd love to have 2 guys like this. Bailey is probably a more polished route-runner than Cobb coming out and he's produced slightly (25 TDs THIS YEAR, 37 over the last 2). It's crazy. Sticky hands, sharp routes, good after the catch. He's a perfect fit for this offense at a premium position where we have some need. Also a perfect fill-in in the case Cobb gets hurt and we need to keep our offense running. If Woods is available still, he might be the pick too. Feel like one of them might be our pick at this point, though.

Round 2 - Duke Williams, DB, Nevada

I watched a bunch of 'tape' on the safety prospects and I came away unimpressed at the tackling attempts of some of the top rated guys like Vacarro, Jefferson and Reid. At times they were all downright awful looking. Duke Williams was not, however. Similar to Elam IMO in that regard, but I get a bit more 'natural' feel from Williams than I do from Elam. I see Elam bounce into guys more often and see Williams just absolutely stick them almost every time. Decent range as well. We need some more talent at the safety position and Williams offers this.

Round 2 - Tank Carradine, DL, Florida State

Might end up getting higher board for a 4-3 team, but I really like what I see from him and think he's easily a 1st rounder without the ACL tear. Not sure if he'd be a strict OLB in our scheme or a nickle rusher, but I like him. Very solid against the run, not the most elusive rusher, but very powerful at the point from what I've seen. Can't ever have too many pass-rushers IMO.

Round 3 - Andre Ellington, RB, Clemson

I really, really like Ellington and don't see why he's flying so under the radar. He looked really good this year and was getting some nice YAC to go along with his homerun threat ability. Love his vision too. My favorite RB in the class this year and think he will be a steal for some team. Hope it's us. Definitely better than anything we have on our roster right now.

Round 4 - Kyle Long, OT, Oregon

More bloodlines. Don't know much about him, but we need some OT depth. We don't much need another injured OT, however...Oh well. Bloodlines.

Round 4 - (Compensatory) - Philip Lutzenkirchen, TE, Auburn

Here's your German dude that inspired the babes. He's actually not from Germany (i don't think) but he sounds German. Also, he was very underutilized and has some untapped potential methinks. More along the lines of a traditional TE but looks smooth in the little you see of him catching the ball. Could be a steal. Plus, I just wanna see that name on the back of a GB jersey.

Round 5 - Taylor Reed, ILB, SMU

I was watching some 'film' of Margus Hunt and this cat stole the show. Had to look him up. Turns out he is super productive. I'm intrigued by him now. If you all get a chance, take a look at him. We definitely need some depth at the position as well.

Round 6 - Trey Millard, FB, Oklahoma

We want to get serious about running the football, so we bring in another FB. Might stash him on the P.S. and see if we can't get another Vonta Leach type at some point to open up some lanes.

Round 7 - Montori Hughes, DL, Tennessee-Martin

Or insert your favorite DL project. Think it might be prudent to get some fresh meat on the line on the P.S.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HyponGrey


Joined: 23 Jun 2012
Posts: 3736
Location: Down the road from NFL Films
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not thrilled on Bailey, and I'm a WVU fan. He's a great player, I just don't see him in a Packer uniform. I'd take Woods over him.

I don't see Ellington as a bell cow. He's more of a COP. Real speed, but not meaty enough for me.

Would NOT be thrilled for yet ANOTHER nickel man, even though we run nickel the majority of our plays.

Kuhn is expendable, bring on Millard, though with how FB are valued right now, we could probably save the pick.

Williams, Long, and Hughes will be good, will have to look Reed up and endure seeing Hunt
_________________
justo wrote:
Bostick drove a guy 12 yards and finished off with a pancake and I'm not sure where my pants went.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChaRisMa


Joined: 08 Mar 2007
Posts: 7389
Location: @_G_Tom
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

German eh? Not my cup of tea.

Anyways..."Target Premium Positions High" :: drafts two positions that you can get value or better in any round.

"Need at WR"--This is why we can't have playmakers in the trenches. Total disregard for big men. And Bailey isn't even a 1st Round talent. What the hell is going on out there?

Good Mock. Enjoyed disagreeing. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
BobSacamano


Joined: 21 Aug 2006
Posts: 13339
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You had me at Frauline Kruger.
_________________


KingTarvaris7 wrote:
last year's vikings were far better than the packers team that just won
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
perrynoid


Joined: 20 Jan 2006
Posts: 3974
Location: Bismarck, Norse Dakota
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But you forgot to assign draft grades to Lena, Diane and Heidi!?!
_________________
"No one can disguise mediocrity better than Bill Belichick."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
duxrule


Joined: 28 Jan 2005
Posts: 3192
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heidi is still 1st round talent....Diane is hit n miss.....

I like the idea of a WR round 1, but haven't seen enough of WV playing to judge.

REALLY would like to see more trench guys.
_________________
Global Warming.....ya....right...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PackFan4Life


Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Posts: 4207
Location: De Pere, WI
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it a lot because I agree with the philosophy going into the mock.

The only thing I am unsure of is the OLB prospect. I know you got Carradine, but I am just not sure I like him over Long and Thomas. I really want Thomas because of his versatility. I think we could pencil him in wherever an injury occurs in the LB corps and do some crazy things in the pyscho with him.

If the Pack were ever to burn a pick on a FB, I would want it to be Millard this year. I think he would be a much better lead than what we have because of his RB vision. Williams is pretty good but just is not going to see the lead the way I think Millard would.

There are very few S prospects I like over Williams in this draft. I like the pick there.

Other than that Lena is wearing WAY too many clothes, Diane is not showing up on my screen for some reason Crying or Very sad and Heidi should just not be allowed to wear anything, ever.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BobSacamano


Joined: 21 Aug 2006
Posts: 13339
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

duxrule wrote:
Heidi is still 1st round talent....Diane is hit n miss.....


Not sure how you can say Helen of Troy is hit n miss.


_________________


KingTarvaris7 wrote:
last year's vikings were far better than the packers team that just won
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Terranimal


Joined: 31 Oct 2011
Posts: 256
Location: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What no Doro Pesch? Shocked

I'm headed in the opposite direction of you for WRs this draft. I'm after the Taller, bigger guys with hands, that can go over the middle and get RAC yds. Especially after having Cobb break out this season. I'm thinking along the lines of Hopkins, Patterson, Allen, and Rogers(if he passes TT's character tests). We have Nelson and Cobb as free agents in '15 and Jones as a free agent in '14. Can't see us re-signing everyone.

Just recently did a New Years Mock and had Duke Williams in the 4th round. You must think he's going to rise up the boards huh?

Ellington from everywhere have been able to grab info, most are thinking he's not a 3 down bell cow RB and will be part of a committee backfield.

Interesting mock as always. Guess it takes pics of women to get a ton of views here huh? Rolling Eyes Guess will have to work on that... Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
incognito_man


Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 32331
Location: Madison
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
Not thrilled on Bailey, and I'm a WVU fan. He's a great player, I just don't see him in a Packer uniform. I'd take Woods over him.

I don't see Ellington as a bell cow. He's more of a COP. Real speed, but not meaty enough for me.

Would NOT be thrilled for yet ANOTHER nickel man, even though we run nickel the majority of our plays.

Kuhn is expendable, bring on Millard, though with how FB are valued right now, we could probably save the pick.

Williams, Long, and Hughes will be good, will have to look Reed up and endure seeing Hunt


I love Steddy. Guy is damn good. Won't steal the show in shorts like his teammate, but I think he'll have a better NFL career.

I think Ellington could be a bell cow, especially after seeing him this year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
incognito_man


Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 32331
Location: Madison
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
German eh? Not my cup of tea.

Anyways..."Target Premium Positions High" :: drafts two positions that you can get value or better in any round.

"Need at WR"--This is why we can't have playmakers in the trenches. Total disregard for big men. And Bailey isn't even a 1st Round talent. What the hell is going on out there?

Good Mock. Enjoyed disagreeing. Smile


WR, DB and pass rusher are all premium positions.

I had us take 2 front 7 guys on defense and another OL. Also disagree that Stedman isn't 1st round value. He's a 25-40 range pick IMO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
incognito_man


Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 32331
Location: Madison
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackFan4Life wrote:
I like it a lot because I agree with the philosophy going into the mock.

The only thing I am unsure of is the OLB prospect. I know you got Carradine, but I am just not sure I like him over Long and Thomas. I really want Thomas because of his versatility. I think we could pencil him in wherever an injury occurs in the LB corps and do some crazy things in the pyscho with him.

If the Pack were ever to burn a pick on a FB, I would want it to be Millard this year. I think he would be a much better lead than what we have because of his RB vision. Williams is pretty good but just is not going to see the lead the way I think Millard would.

There are very few S prospects I like over Williams in this draft. I like the pick there.

Other than that Lena is wearing WAY too many clothes, Diane is not showing up on my screen for some reason Crying or Very sad and Heidi should just not be allowed to wear anything, ever.


I haven't watched much of Long or Thomas, so I can't say if I like them better or not. Just know I like Carradine and think he can be good value because of the ACL.

I'm curious to see where Duke ends up. I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the first round. #3 DB on nfldraftscout, top 10 OVERALL player at nationalfootballpost. I see him 'climbing boards' during the offseason to the point where he might not even be available by our pick.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
duxrule


Joined: 28 Jan 2005
Posts: 3192
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobSacamano wrote:
duxrule wrote:
Heidi is still 1st round talent....Diane is hit n miss.....


Not sure how you can say Helen of Troy is hit n miss.



Miss.....not tall enough to pull off this look


_________________
Global Warming.....ya....right...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PackFan4Life


Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Posts: 4207
Location: De Pere, WI
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever. If she asks you to go out you are not turning her down, whether you think she pulls off that look or not.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group