Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Little Bird Speaks: Who is in and who is out
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
Can anyone name the starting punter for the last five super bowl winners without googling it?

Can anyone name the starting D-Line's for the last five superbowl winners without googling it?

Can anyone name the starting O-Line's for the last five superbowl winners without googling it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ViF6JRNjTk

This. But it's actually easier to remember the punters than most players that are not stars.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
Can anyone name the starting punter for the last five super bowl winners without googling it?

Ya that Garrett Hartley guy. no wait, he was a kicker that kicked the game winner. But lost his job a year or two later.

Love Lechler but I have been saying he needed to go for a while. And to think all the people who were upset when I suggested we do this before or even better trade him. Would have been a great deal with Jax last season instead of them drafting whoever they did.

Truth is, when was the last time a punter was traded? Has it ever happened...
Noone is trading for any punter, much less one that makes that much. Not in any year, not ever. Anyone thinking we could ever trade him was dreaming.

If a team would waste a pick on an unknown punter in the draft why not on the 2nd or 1st best punter in the league? Its like saying I will give a 5th round pick for a rookie QB but not for Brady.

Beyond that, any player that cannot get a trade pick for value should not be paid 4+million dollars regardless.
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:

Can anyone name the starting D-Line's for the last five superbowl winners without googling it?

Can anyone name the starting O-Line's for the last five superbowl winners without googling it?

Punters aren't that important, and we already have a cheaper, younger alternative on the roster. Can anyone name the last super bowl winner that had a below average offensive and defensive line?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay's logic = Punters are just as important as offensive and defensive lineman.

You're right man, that's why we've won so many games over the past decade with the best punter in the league and below average offensive and defensive lines.

We should give Lechler $15 million a year to lead us to more victories.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
91jmay wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:

Punters aren't that important, and we already have a cheaper, younger alternative on the roster. Can anyone name the last super bowl winner that had a below average offensive and defensive line?

OBVIOUSLY O-Line and D-Line are really important. Yet you can't name the starters of the last 5 SB winners (Name the Giants starting 5 without googling. I bet you can't even do that). My point is just because they aren't famous or big names doesn't devalue there importance.

1. Is Hayden going to be a bust? Sure looked like it last year IMO..But I give him a pass because he almost died…therefore I believe anyone who almost dies deserves a pass……………

A principle to live by..
91jmay

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
91jmay's logic = Punters are just as important as offensive and defensive lineman.

You're right man, that's why we've won so many games over the past decade with the best punter in the league and below average offensive and defensive lines.

We should give Lechler $15 million a year to lead us to more victories.

Its getting tough to debate on this forum, when people are either so dumb they can't comprehend basic points or (more likely) they willfully misrepresent your position to get away with posting garbage.

1. Is Hayden going to be a bust? Sure looked like it last year IMO..But I give him a pass because he almost died…therefore I believe anyone who almost dies deserves a pass……………

A principle to live by..
holyghost

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
holyghost wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:

Ya that Garrett Hartley guy. no wait, he was a kicker that kicked the game winner. But lost his job a year or two later.

Love Lechler but I have been saying he needed to go for a while. And to think all the people who were upset when I suggested we do this before or even better trade him. Would have been a great deal with Jax last season instead of them drafting whoever they did.

Truth is, when was the last time a punter was traded? Has it ever happened...
Noone is trading for any punter, much less one that makes that much. Not in any year, not ever. Anyone thinking we could ever trade him was dreaming.

If a team would waste a pick on an unknown punter in the draft why not on the 2nd or 1st best punter in the league? Its like saying I will give a 5th round pick for a rookie QB but not for Brady.

Beyond that, any player that cannot get a trade pick for value should not be paid 4+million dollars regardless.

Perfectly fine logic, however refer back to the question. Has a punter ever even been traded? No. Why? Because noone will give up a draft pick for one. If a team uses a pick on one, it's their discretion to use at best a late round pick on a guy they like who will be dirt cheap for 4 years.

Top punters get drafted in the 5th and 5th round punters don't make 4 mil. Most others don't get drafted at all.
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
OBVIOUSLY O-Line and D-Line are really important. Yet you can't name the starters of the last 5 SB winners (Name the Giants starting 5 without googling. I bet you can't even do that). My point is just because they aren't famous or big names doesn't devalue there importance.

It's five players that make an impact on every offensive and defensive play. Not a special teams player that plays less than 10 plays every game.

The point I was trying to make was that Super Bowl winning teams don't have marquee punters getting paid $4 million a year. A punter isn't that important and should never be paid that much.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
Its getting tough to debate on this forum, when people are either so dumb they can't comprehend basic points or (more likely) they willfully misrepresent your position to get away with posting garbage.

You compared a punter to offensive and defensive lineman yet I'm the dumb one?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

King is OBSESSED with punting the football. I have no doubts that he'll improve. So he shanked a punt in pre season action as a rookie? What's the difference between that and a rookie WR dropping a pass, or a rookie CB getting burnt? They get a pass, it happens. He showed enough potential to get an opportunity to battle it out for the starting spot.
91jmay

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
91jmay wrote:

You compared a punter to offensive and defensive lineman yet I'm the dumb one?

Oh my god. You are clueless. Have you ever heard of a COMPARISON. CLEARLY i don't think O-Line and D-Line's have comparable value, however using the 'I haven't heard of teh SuperBowls winners punter so he musty sucky derp derp' as your 'logic' is so baffling it beggars belief. If you actually engaged your brain you would notice I have already posted the point that Lechler isn't worth $4Mill.

I am done responding to any of your posts on this forum.

A principle to live by..
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
Oh my god. You are clueless. Have you ever heard of a COMPARISON. CLEARLY i don't think O-Line and D-Line's have comparable value, however using the 'I haven't heard of teh SuperBowls winners punter so he musty sucky derp derp' as your 'logic' is so baffling it beggars belief. If you actually engaged your brain you would notice I have already posted the point that Lechler isn't worth $4Mill.

I never said that the punter on super bowl winning teams must be sucky, I was just pointing out that they weren't that big of a difference maker to even remember who they were.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:

Please respond to my future posts on an internet forum, if you don't I'll be crushed 91jmay!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Dat Raider

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else excited by how athletic he is as well? He will be a threat for an abundance of fake punts in critical situations.

As great as Lechler has been, $4m is too much for a punter. We are making some good moves in the right direction.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: