Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Little Bird Speaks: Who is in and who is out
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrapTakula wrote:
i'm a big lechler fan, and i'd love to have him back. i understand the $ issue, but i really like our kickers and want them both to retire as Raiders.

I'm in this boat also but I just can't see it happening w/ our current cap situation.

PM sig requests.
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Also, let's not forget Shane holds all Jano's kicks. In preseason with King holding it was a mess.

I'd rather just throw a back-up quarterback out there to hold the ball for Jano then pay Lechler 4 million a year.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all about swag bro, lets keep king Kong, king swag ftw.

Seriously though, why does that have to be the reason if someone likes the guy?
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone name the starting punter for the last five super bowl winners without googling it?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
holyghost wrote:
91jmay wrote:
Big leg but he also hit some awful ones in preseason. Lechler has had a down year though, is 37 and we need the cap space.

If he came back at around half his current deal I'd be all in but $4 million per is to much loot.

No coming back, time to move on.
King looked in preseason just like Lechler looked all season long this year. Big inconsistent leg lacking any other skills such as directional kicking.

Lechler had knee surgery in the offseason. It clearly effected him.

Raider fans want King because of 'swagger'. I loath the fact that 'swagger' has become a qualifying attribute for fans to fall in love with.

I want him because he's younger, won't cost 4 million, and showed good potential.

Bingo. And I think you and Jtagg are the only ones who even quantify swagger as a football attribute. And you guys just use it to hate on others. Just Saying.

First off, not advocating keeping a punter a 4 million a year.

2nd, King was flub, flub, boom in preseason. For every nice kick, he flubbed 2. But because of his 'swagger' he's a fan favorite.

I'm all for King getting the job. He has a nice leg (no homo) but some act like he's proven something which is off base.

LOL No he isnt. You act like People are out buying King jerseys and talk like he is the second coming. We think he can replace a guy who is making to much money thats it. I swear its only 2 posters who use the word swag alot around here and they are the two who is always complaining about it. Go Figure. Rolling Eyes
dante9876

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
Can anyone name the starting punter for the last five super bowl winners without googling it?

Nope. Also isnt it counter productive to keep a QB for 17 mill and a Punter for 4 mill anyway. I mean shouldnt the 17 mill QB make the 4 mill punter even less worthless. Im not bashing Palmer either. It could be any names behind those amounts. If we paying a QB that much money, I shouldnt be seeing the punter that often anyway unless it is for coffin kicks which is something Lechler isnt great at anyway.
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The easy solution in all of this is to cut Palmer and Lechler saving millions in cap space while putting our two best and most swagged out players in a position to start next season in Pryor and King.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:

also, name the year in which Lechler had his worst season average as well as his least amount of attempts......SUPER BOWL YEAR! see ya lech. thanks for a great career.

Props to Palooka ^
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
While King has a big leg, he's very inconsistent. While Shane is hardly worth the money on a bad team, we've been spoiled by expert punting.

King has a tendency to shank punts, so hopefully he's taking the time to correct this, work on his ball placement and footwork.

Also, let's not forget Shane holds all Jano's kicks. In preseason with King holding it was a mess.

Personally, I think the staff will bring in competition for the job. Far from a lock for King.

this is what worries me the most

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love Lechler & he will be missed, but the writing was on the wall & even he himself knew it.

King showed promise in the preseason. He's young, affordable, and has room to grow. After sitting out a whole year, he might have improved too. Paying $4MIL to a punter, no matter how good he is, is something we cannot afford to do at this time.
holyghost

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously though and in retrospect - what kind of idiot team pays a punter 4 million a year while they lose game after game? The kind that is desperate to hold onto any talent they have drafted so that the rest of them doesn't look as bad as it truly is when you realize the failure all around at drafting guys that actually win games.

I thought of this just now. Paying a punter that kind of money is a terrible luxury, stupid even but moreso when you're all around team is terrible. When the rest of your team is a losing abomination it just becomes a mess of a head scratcher. So all apologies to the guys out there who are sad at seeing Lechler leave, but hopefully now we will get on to the business of paying players to play football when it counts and try and win games by stopping points scored, and scoring points. Not by lulling fans to sleep with high, long floating punts they are supposed to marvel at and have distract them from the polishing their team is receving that day at the hands of the opponent.

Lechler would be worth it if he could pin teams, but he really actually stinks at that.
If there could ever be an Al Davis brand of punter, Lechler is it. Big show, big leg, small game, no meaning, no purpose, no win.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:

Ya that Garrett Hartley guy. no wait, he was a kicker that kicked the game winner. But lost his job a year or two later.

Love Lechler but I have been saying he needed to go for a while. And to think all the people who were upset when I suggested we do this before or even better trade him. Would have been a great deal with Jax last season instead of them drafting whoever they did.
91jmay

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:

Can anyone name the starting D-Line's for the last five superbowl winners without googling it?

Can anyone name the starting O-Line's for the last five superbowl winners without googling it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ViF6JRNjTk

1. Is Hayden going to be a bust? Sure looked like it last year IMO..But I give him a pass because he almost died…therefore I believe anyone who almost dies deserves a pass……………

A principle to live by..
holyghost

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:

Ya that Garrett Hartley guy. no wait, he was a kicker that kicked the game winner. But lost his job a year or two later.

Love Lechler but I have been saying he needed to go for a while. And to think all the people who were upset when I suggested we do this before or even better trade him. Would have been a great deal with Jax last season instead of them drafting whoever they did.

Truth is, when was the last time a punter was traded? Has it ever happened...
Noone is trading for any punter, much less one that makes that much. Not in any year, not ever. Anyone thinking we could ever trade him was dreaming.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:

Weatherford, Mastay, Morstead, Sepulveda, Feagles, Hunter Smith

I think I have them Can't remember if Feagles was with the Giants still in '08.

But we get the point. You don't pay 4 million for a punter. That's Davis's doing.

But it's hard to land a consistent kicker/punter in this game. They slump and it can be ugly at times.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: