Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Little Bird Speaks: Who is in and who is out
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chali21

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
bitty wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
It would be funny if we keep McClain until the last day of camp and cut him. Let him enter the late FA period.

That's how they do it so the Cap hit is over two years.

Also they may try to get some trade value out of him. Lots of teams need ILB this year. Just off the top of my head. ARI, CHI, BAL.

Ill take anything for this clown, a seventh or a big gulp and a roll of Oreos.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
While King has a big leg, he's very inconsistent. While Shane is hardly worth the money on a bad team, we've been spoiled by expert punting.

King has a tendency to shank punts, so hopefully he's taking the time to correct this, work on his ball placement and footwork.

Also, let's not forget Shane holds all Jano's kicks. In preseason with King holding it was a mess.

Personally, I think the staff will bring in competition for the job. Far from a lock for King.

Shane was inconsistent this year too. He didn't shank em like King, but he clearly was not consistently worth being paid $4+ mill. No problem with me to let King duke it out with another punter in TC. No reason to believe King hasn't improved or won't before next season.

Professor Oak wrote:
Don't listen to the naysayers, S&B88.

SoS is in fact French. I've frenched his toast a couple of times. I think I would know.
Darkness

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lechler's making way too much money for how poor he played. King's gonna be our new punter next season.
holyghost

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
While King has a big leg, he's very inconsistent. While Shane is hardly worth the money on a bad team, we've been spoiled by expert punting.

King has a tendency to shank punts, so hopefully he's taking the time to correct this, work on his ball placement and footwork.

Also, let's not forget Shane holds all Jano's kicks. In preseason with King holding it was a mess.

Personally, I think the staff will bring in competition for the job. Far from a lock for King.

I think it's not as bad of an adjustment as it might have been a couple years ago.

Lechler was pretty inconsistent and not his usual self this year. We saw what it was to have an inconsistent punter and so the adjustment, and affect on the team are not that big of a deal now. As far as holder, I am sure someone will emerge and there's nothing saying it has to be King. Holder is hardly reason to lay down 4 mil. And the Lechler of this year just isn't worth that at all.

As for competition on King, yeah, I can definitely see that happening.
91jmay

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big leg but he also hit some awful ones in preseason. Lechler has had a down year though, is 37 and we need the cap space.

If he came back at around half his current deal I'd be all in but $4 million per is to much loot.

Allen said he would play the hot hand, in what world is McFadden's hand hot?

He touched Dennis Allen's seat before the game.
holyghost

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
Big leg but he also hit some awful ones in preseason. Lechler has had a down year though, is 37 and we need the cap space.

If he came back at around half his current deal I'd be all in but $4 million per is to much loot.

No coming back, time to move on.
King looked in preseason just like Lechler looked all season long this year. Big inconsistent leg lacking any other skills such as directional kicking.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
91jmay wrote:

King looked in preseason just like Lechler looked all season long this year. Big inconsistent leg lacking any other skills such as directional kicking.

Lechler had knee surgery in the offseason. It clearly effected him.

Raider fans want King because of 'swagger'. I loath the fact that 'swagger' has become a qualifying attribute for fans to fall in love with.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
holyghost wrote:
91jmay wrote:

Raider fans want King because of 'swagger'. I loath the fact that 'swagger' has become a qualifying attribute for fans to fall in love with.

I want him because he's younger, won't cost 4 million, and showed good potential.
Oaktown

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
holyghost wrote:
91jmay wrote:

Shane has been a great player for oak. He is a real cool guy. I've meet him a few times. He always stops and chats with the fans etc. I'm for king next year for the simple fact he is about 4 million dollars cheaper.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
holyghost wrote:
91jmay wrote:

I want him because he's younger, won't cost 4 million, and showed good potential.

Bingo. And I think you and Jtagg are the only ones who even quantify swagger as a football attribute. And you guys just use it to hate on others. Just Saying.

Professor Oak wrote:

SoS is in fact French. I've frenched his toast a couple of times. I think I would know.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
holyghost wrote:
91jmay wrote:

Bingo. And I think you and Jtagg are the only ones who even quantify swagger as a football attribute. And you guys just use it to hate on others. Just Saying.

Weren't you the one talking about him getting overly excited when he had a nice punt in preseason?

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. And? Dude was acting like an idiot over a preseason punt.

Professor Oak wrote:

big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
holyghost wrote:
91jmay wrote:

First off, not advocating keeping a punter a 4 million a year.

2nd, King was flub, flub, boom in preseason. For every nice kick, he flubbed 2. But because of his 'swagger' he's a fan favorite.

I'm all for King getting the job. He has a nice leg (no homo) but some act like he's proven something which is off base.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#bringbackShane

#swagKing
CrapTakula

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm a big lechler fan, and i'd love to have him back. i understand the $ issue, but i really like our kickers and want them both to retire as Raiders.

Bolansho Boro Begoz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: