Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Would you give Baltimore Manti Te'o
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Would you give Baltimore Manti Te'o Reply with quote

As a Browns fans would you be willing to trade from #6 down to Baltimore's pick in the mid 20s if they wanted Manti Te'o for a package of picks equal to or better than the Atlanta deal?

Its obviously better value than the Haloti Ngata trade but would you still have the guts to pull the trigger?

Jamison on the sig
sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't make that trade in our division but I would do it somewhere else. I don't think he's gonna be that great and getting back our 2nd round pick and a 1st next year would be nice
brownie man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id do it in a heartbeat for a 3rd this year and a 1st next year

If we brought in Kelly we could use that pick on Tavon Austin and next year have 2 first for one of the best drafts in my memory.
freakygeniuskid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownie man wrote:
Id do it in a heartbeat for a 3rd this year and a 1st next year

If we brought in Kelly we could use that pick on Tavon Austin and next year have 2 first for one of the best drafts in my memory.

Wow, easy much? I would definitely want a full on Atlanta type deal, 1,2 and 4 this year, then 1 and 4 next year or something of that like.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd do it because of the types of players we'd have the ammo to get

We lack a 2nd right now that could be used on a key player. It'd also give us another 1st next year to move up for Bridgewater/Fales/Clowney which are game changing type players. I'd use the Baltimore pick this year on Matt Elam and the 2nd rounder on Tavon Austin or the best DE/CB I could get my hands on. Te'o is good, but he's not special
Reginaldm9

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in. Te'o would shine in Baltimore, but imagine the picks we'd get in return. If we wound up with an extra 2nd 3rd and 1 and 2 next year, including the 20th pick or so, I'd have a hard time not drooling at the offer.

Adopt-a-Brown: Joe Haden
Stats: 1 big fat pay day
pnies20

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be surprised if we did something like that so we can trade up for teddy bridgewater in 2014.

<3 JF
bungleodeon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pnies20 wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if we did something like that so we can trade up for teddy bridgewater in 2014.
sounds good to me. although we both know what will happen, we'll have all the ammo and still find some way to not get bridgewater, just like we had all the ammo and couldn't land RG3.
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bungleodeon wrote:
pnies20 wrote:
sounds good to me. although we both know what will happen, we'll have all the ammo and still find some way to not get bridgewater, just like we had all the ammo and couldn't land RG3.

Still a good trade though.

If no Bridgewater, then Clowney or Barr would be a good door prize.
ACDC_Rocks024

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a very tough decision. I would have preferred to trade down into the mid teens rather than the 20's. It all comes down to whether we believe there is an elite talent available at 6. We had better not make the mistake of passing up an all pro to acquire one or two more picks that would most likely be lower caliber players

-Jimi Hendrix
boblight22

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simple Answer: NO

You either take elite prospects or play against them.
I will never do anything to help Baltimore or Pittsburgh.
Why on earth would you rather have 2 picks in the 20's than 1 pick @6?
We will get an impact player at 6 this year.
If I trade down, I trade down a few spots to someone NOT in my division and I demand a 2nd rounder this year.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather trade with cinci.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boblight22 wrote:

If I trade down, I trade down a few spots to someone NOT in my division and I demand a 2nd rounder this year.

Obviously if you though Manti Te'o was an impact player then you would not trade him to Baltimore bc we need an impact linebacker. I have said awhile now I don't believe Te'o is going to be an impact player. I don't see an impact player being available at #6 this year. Infact I only see 6 possible canidates to be impact players they are a DT(no need), LT(no need), Damontre Moore and Dion Jordan who both need some coaching to reach potential, Dee Milliner who is also no lock as he tends to get lazy in games, and Jarvis Jones who is a huge healthy risk as he has the same condition that forced Marcus McNiel out of the league before his 27th birthday(and he is already 24). Everyone else is going to be good at best but not impact.

Jamison on the sig
boblight22

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
boblight22 wrote:

Obviously if you though Manti Te'o was an impact player then you would not trade him to Baltimore bc we need an impact linebacker. I have said awhile now I don't believe Te'o is going to be an impact player. I don't see an impact player being available at #6 this year. Infact I only see 6 possible canidates to be impact players they are a DT(no need), LT(no need), Damontre Moore and Dion Jordan who both need some coaching to reach potential, Dee Milliner who is also no lock as he tends to get lazy in games, and Jarvis Jones who is a huge healthy risk as he has the same condition that forced Marcus McNiel out of the league before his 27th birthday(and he is already 24). Everyone else is going to be good at best but not impact.

Your argument and justification is hard to dispute. If there is really NO impact player available - and we can get the same talent at 20 x 2 (ie. this year and next) then it makes sense. However, it is early on in the process and I am sure that alot of guys will move up boards and shake things up.
I guess my argument is based on the fact that if Ozzie is willing to give up 2 first rounders for this guy, then I am pretty sure he IS going to an impact player. It is easy to get jaded by all of the ILB busts in the last decade - but you could make the same argument for QB's. I think Te'o is a difference maker. He is strong, makes athletic plays and is the heart and soul of that defense. Sure he could flame out, but I think there is a better chance he becomes Patrick Willis than Aaron Curry. You can't pass up a chance to draft a difference maker on defense for the next 10 years.

If you do, then you should change your name to Phil Savage. Brick wall

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: