Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What Should The Bills Do About The QB Spot?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TommyC376

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting to like EJ Manuel in the mid rounds (3-5). I think his stock will rise in the offseason. He is a very coachable prospect who has a live arm. He can make every throw. Also has decent mobility, just needs to use it more when he is in the pocket. He tends to stand his ground a little too much, rather than trying to move the pocket.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't think that we should spend a pick on anyone in this draft at the QB spot. If we do that we are pretty much commiting to them at some point in the future to lead the team. Unless we pulled a Panthers like they did with drafting Clausen then Cam Newton the year after.

I just don't know if I could also handle another year of watching Fitzpatrick at the QB spot. Does anybody know if someone like Kirk Cousins is up to be traded for? I know that the Redskins pretty much drafted him for that reason to get a higher pick in a future draft.
BBIB

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if you consider your draft position you're going to miss out on Geno Smith and that's too high of a pick to take anyone other than Smith. Even though I don't think Geno Smith is ready to start right away he at least has the upside to justify a pick that high unlike these other guys who dont have anything that really makes them standout from the average QB prospect

So that leaves free agency. Vick is clearly the best option out of this lackluster free agency class of Qbs that is headlined by the likes of Alex Smith and Jason Campbell
TommyC376

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JUst a heads up for all the guys here hating on the QBs in this draft. STOP buying into the media hype. The media is making these guys out to be red-headed step children. Is the QB class weak? Well I wouldnt say weak but its not the same QB class from last year. But there are def some major players in this draft.

Just a few who I think can have success in the NFL as a starter:

Geno Smith
Tyler Wilson
Matt Barkley
EJ Manuel
Tajh Boyd (if he declares)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been looking at the qb situation over and over and I still don't know what the smart move would be but I thought of trading for a qb and cutting fitzpatrick. First I thought maybe a veteran qb like Rivers or Romo but I don't think that will happen with the amount the bills owe Fitz to pay for another top qb wouldn't make much sense. Plus I don't think those teams would give them up. I looked at the possible rookies before the combine and I realized that the qb class isn't what it should be.

I then thought about the bills being able to get a young qb that came cheap and has some what of an NFL experience and thought about trading a 3rd round pick for Kirk Cousins.

Reasons why the redskins would be willing to give him up is they do not have this coming year 1st rd and next years 1st rd and they are on the verge of being a better team by getting an extra 3rd round and another draft pick in 2014 depending on his performance could be worth it since they need a couple more players to push them over the edge of being that much better.

This will allow the bills to cut ties with Fitz and save $500k plus the additional 3 mill which is a bonus if he is still on the roster. Kirk Cousins contract is $440k so that means the bills could potentially have a quality QB and save 60k

Thanks Max
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
JUst a heads up for all the guys here hating on the QBs in this draft. STOP buying into the media hype. The media is making these guys out to be red-headed step children. Is the QB class weak? Well I wouldnt say weak but its not the same QB class from last year. But there are def some major players in this draft.

Just a few who I think can have success in the NFL as a starter:

Geno Smith
Tyler Wilson
Matt Barkley
EJ Manuel
Tajh Boyd (if he declares)

I agree to an extent. I think there are guys that can have success in the NFL, depending on where they go. I think Wilson and Barkley could be the best of this group in 4 or 5 years, again depending on where they are playing. I don't know if there's a "can't miss" QB in this class though, even though some (not here) are saying that about Geno. I just don't see it with him.

Anyhow, I wouldn't take any of these guys at #8, but trading back up into the later 1st for Wilson or Barkley would be fine with me.
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
Hurricanes2291

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thought is no matter if we take a QB with the 8th pick or the 28th pick (trading back, something like that) it's still a commitment to them. Media hype or not is there one guy that stands out that you would say I want him for 10+ years in this draft. Only guy I could maybe see that be is Tyler Wilson. But we need a good coach who can coach him up.
jsnydes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bring in a veteran (Alex Smith). Draft Te'o. Nassib in the 2nd.

TommyC376^^^
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsnydes wrote:

Whoever we bring in should be ready to run the no huddle.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well with the Syracuse coach it seems quite natural that he'll take his QB just like the Dolphins did with their coach and Tannehill
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
jsnydes wrote:

Whoever we bring in should be ready to run the no huddle.

We should have been running it already. Never understood why we didn't, it seemed to work when we did more than not.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
NIKEJWN

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Chip Kelly signs with a team say Philly do you think he is going to want a more mobile QB which could make Foles expendable? I would be willing to give a our 2nd to get Foles. What other QBs could be had through trade, with watching this Playoff game I dont think Washington is going to want to jump at moving Cousins with the health of RG3 at this point.

Max's 2010 Annual Draft Contest Winner

Adopt a Bill 2011- SS George Wilson
CB Drayton Florence
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NIKEJWN wrote:
If Chip Kelly signs with a team say Philly do you think he is going to want a more mobile QB which could make Foles expendable? I would be willing to give a our 2nd to get Foles. What other QBs could be had through trade, with watching this Playoff game I dont think Washington is going to want to jump at moving Cousins with the health of RG3 at this point.

Nothing I have seen from Foles would make me want to give up a 2nd for him. at the most i'd give up a 4th and I dont want to do that.

We need to let Marrone draft his own guy.
NIKEJWN

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
NIKEJWN wrote:

Nothing I have seen from Foles would make me want to give up a 2nd for him. at the most i'd give up a 4th and I dont want to do that.

We need to let Marrone draft his own guy.

Considering the Eagles had no oline and banged up WR and RB's all season I thought he played pretty well. Considering the QB class that is coming out I think he would rank right up there with the top QBs of this class.

Max's 2010 Annual Draft Contest Winner

Adopt a Bill 2011- SS George Wilson
CB Drayton Florence
jsnydes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NIKEJWN wrote:

I'd be careful with Foles. Andy Reid made Kevin Kolb, Koy Detmer, and AJ Feeley look good. Even Trent Edwards has looked decent in his limited time. None of those guys have succeeded without Andy. You could even put Donovan McNabb on that list to some extent. He was horrible after he left.

TommyC376^^^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: