Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chip Kelly to Interview With Browns
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@MaryKayCabot

#Browns set to meet w/ #Oregon's Chip Kelly a little later this afternoon.

Sig bet
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So odds the Browns make Chip Kelly the highest paid HC in the NFL to secure his services? Not as far fetched as some might think. They're going to throw the bank at him.

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 16 Rec/ 296 Yds/ 3 TD/ 18.5 YPC/
Bonanza23

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
So odds the Browns make Chip Kelly the highest paid HC in the NFL to secure his services? Not as far fetched as some might think. They're going to throw the bank at him.

I believe it's very likely.

What are you iggle-ites hearing about you guys not having that much interest in Kelly? That's what I keep hearing here.

Thanks to ReggieCamp on the sig
Bleedin_Green36

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonanza23 wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:

What are you iggle-ites hearing about you guys not having that much interest in Kelly? That's what I keep hearing here.

People are saying we are interested but he isn't at the top of the list. So it looks like Cleveland is the clear front-runner.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
Bonanza23 wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:

People are saying we are interested but he isn't at the top of the list. So it looks like Cleveland is the clear front-runner.

So you hear the same?

Thanks to ReggieCamp on the sig
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonanza23 wrote:
Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
Bonanza23 wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:

So you hear the same?

Not really IMO. The Eagles FO is known for being tight lipped and not revealing anything to soon. The assumption is since we went to ATL to interview 3 coaches , have McCoy on the docket for an interview Kelly must not be the target because he wasn't first and foremost. If you listen to Luries PC when Andy was released he did everything short of saying Kelly's name when describing what they are looking for in the next HC. Yes you always take a risk allowing other clubs first dibs (look no further then AZ/KC and AR) however if Chip Kelly truely wants to coach in Philadelphia (or another) he will listen to all offers. If not as Lurie also eluded to if you don't also choose the Eagles you won't be the HC. We'll see?

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 16 Rec/ 296 Yds/ 3 TD/ 18.5 YPC/
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whomever gets him get ready for Michael Vick, Dennis Dixon and Darron Thomas to be your qbs! Laughing

And good luck winning
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Whomever gets him get ready for Michael Vick, Dennis Dixon and Darron Thomas to be your qbs! Laughing

And good luck winning

Yeah, too bad strong armed, running QB's who run the spread/read option don't ever work in the NFL.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

And good luck winning

Yeah, too bad strong armed, running QB's who run the spread/read option don't ever work in the NFL.
its not that they don't but Vick hasn't lived up to his hype and the other 2 won't. They'll go with those guys and then be drafting a qb like Marcus Mariota in a year
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
BLick12

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

And good luck winning

its not that they don't but Vick hasn't lived up to his hype and the other 2 won't. They'll go with those guys and then be drafting a qb like Marcus Mariota in a year

Right, except for the fact Vick took the falcons to the NFC championship game as well. Vick could succeed in a situation similar to RG3. Unfortunately, Andy Reid's ego wouldn't permit him to run an offense more conducive to Vicks style, or for a horrible oline.

Another Ginger QB in the AFC North.

Looking forward to the "No Soul Bowl" twice a year
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

And good luck winning

Right, except for the fact Vick took the falcons to the NFC championship game as well. Vick could succeed in a situation similar to RG3. Unfortunately, Andy Reid's ego wouldn't permit him to run an offense more conducive to Vicks style, or for a horrible oline.
vicks problem is health, especially now. He can't stay healthy in an offense that doesn't have designed runs, let a lone one like Chip's
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I highly doubt Kelly will bring his college offense to the NFL. There may be some gimmicks he brings with, but I doubt his whole high tempo offense would be effective in the NFL, where everyone is fast.

IDOG_det

#JDI
PatriotsWin!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawkman98272 wrote:
I highly doubt Kelly will bring his college offense to the NFL. There may be some gimmicks he brings with, but I doubt his whole high tempo offense would be effective in the NFL, where everyone is fast.

New England this year has played with a ridiculously fast temp on offense and it's been extremely effective. Top 3 scoring offense in NFL history.

Mack on the sig
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawkman98272 wrote:
i think he will. He's an offensive coach, he's going to want to run his system it will be similar to what Carolina and Washington did the past two seasons
Bleedin_Green36

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
hawkman98272 wrote:
i think he will. He's an offensive coach, he's going to want to run his system it will be similar to what Carolina and Washington did the past two seasons

That's not his system though. He's not Mike D'Antoni. He even said if I had some huge power team I would run the power I.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: