Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chip Kelly to Interview With Browns
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tooki

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
Hat Man wrote:
Just because Kelly has had incredible success in college, doesn't mean he can carry it over to the NFL.

Coaches that had success at the college ranks, but looked weak when they moved to the NFL, Saban, Spurrier, and Petrino, to name a few.

After having nothing but misery since they've come back in the League, I would think the Browns would go with a safe pick, someone like Lovie Smith, Andy Reid, or Bill Cower.

If not them, a top Defensive Coordinator like, Perry Fewell of the Giants, or Mike Zimmer of the Bengals, or a top Offensive Coordinator like, Bruce Arians of the Colts, or Darrell Bevell of the Seahawks.

HOLD UP!

Bevell had one great year as a Coordinator, that being this past year. Every other year he's been subpar to average. 2009 was a fluke. He had Brett Favre as his QB who had a great season that year, and when he came back for 2010, he looked washed up.

They can hire Bevell, but they will be severely disappointed.

Please take Bevell away from the Seahawks! Cool

Seriously though, Bevell has been better since Pete Carroll let him open up the playbook with Russell Wilson. It was obvious with T-Jack's tenture in Seattle that he held back Bevell because he cannot handle any complex reads. I'm not a big fan of Bevell, but I cannot deny that T-Jack is partly responsible for him looking so bad.

On the other hand, Gus Bradley is a very good players coach and could be a great candidate for HC

Wink
TommyC376

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atari-XXX wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
Atari-XXX wrote:
If Kelly ends up with the Browns then Brandon Weeden better start packing his bags or get ready to hold a clipboard on the Cleveland sidelines. Another wasted first round pick.
Why do you say thay? Kelly has already said that he will adapt his offense to fit the players he has. Not forcing players to play in an offense they dont fit.

I know he said that but Kelly would still like to be able to at least do some of the things he did in college. He likes to give defenses different looks. You honestly think he can do that with Brandon Weeden as his QB? No defense is going to fear Weeden when it comes to running the ball. The amount of different looks he can give defenses with a QB like Weeden are going to be limited.

I'm not saying he will need Mike Vick or RGIII as his QB but I think he will prefer a more athletic QB than Weeden who can give you some rushing when needed.
Easier said than done. I'm sure Kelly would bring in his own guys but I think he will and should give Weeden a chance. Kelly will HAVE to adapt his offense to the NFL, there is no way his offense at Oregon would work in the NFL. I can see him going after a younger guy who is mobile to compete with Weeden.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
I don't wanna face Kelly twice a year Sad
Should hire Ray before ESPN does, have him go to your games and just give Kelly a death stare from the sidelines the whole game.

Personally I'd love to see that BMore defense get back to shape AND see Cleveland be good for once.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
Cali2Wisco wrote:
Question: Why isn't Urban Meyer getting any NFL attention?
No way he leaves OSU.

It's also because he doesn't have any desire to go to the NFL. He prefers the college game. Less stress, he can hand pick the players he wants, the money is about the same, he has 100% control, and dominates wherever he goes. Why ruin that?

Well, for starters, he can legally pay his players if he's in the NFL.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
Cali2Wisco

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
Cali2Wisco wrote:
Question: Why isn't Urban Meyer getting any NFL attention?
No way he leaves OSU.

It's also because he doesn't have any desire to go to the NFL. He prefers the college game. Less stress, he can hand pick the players he wants, the money is about the same, he has 100% control, and dominates wherever he goes. Why ruin that?

Well, for starters, he can legally pay his players if he's in the NFL.

ziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'll go somewhere with no current appointed GM and take up some of their responsibilities.
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldfishwars wrote:
He'll go somewhere with no current appointed GM and take up some of their responsibilities.

This is why Jimmy Haslam and Joe Banner set out with the intent of hiring their coach before their GM, and probably a good chunk of the reason Tom Heckert was let go.

I think it's been Chip Kelly or bust for them since day 1. Hard to see him leaving this interview without a contract.
candyman93

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
Cali2Wisco wrote:

Fans of a program like OSU expect an undefeated national championship team every year. Brows fans would be thrilled with 8-8 or a 1st round playoff exit.

Do they? Jim Tressel won a title a decade ago and would have been untouchable because he kept beating Michigan.

Win 10 games and dominate the wolverweenies and you get to be a god in Columbus.

If Jim never won a championship I think things would have been different. There is a HUGE amount of pressure and expectation when it comes to winning championships.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Ether

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
I can see it now...

Brandon Weeden and Trent Richardson running zone reads out of the shotgun, with Josh Gordon screaming for ball...

Sounds fun.

LOL. THat's definitely the worse possible situation for Chip Kelly for that reason

Plus that division with the Steelers, Ravens, and Bengals, not exactly friendly for installing that offense

Hopefully you just meant Weeden.

Gordon can ball and Trent should actually be able to breathe during the game next season, plus one of the best pass blocking lines in the NFL (Thomas being the oldest lineman at 28 ). We have untapped weapons.
TommyC376

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Bane doesnt say that. The Joker does.

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would make sense for Chip to go to Cleveland, he'll get the keys and a huge stack of money.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just can't wait to see him coaching in the NFL. I really believe he's going to have a successful career. Hope he doesn't end up in Buffalo. Would love to see what he could do with the Eagles' offense.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

I am aware of that I didnt make it

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

TommyC376

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

I am aware of that I didnt make it
Just sayin bro Wink

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: