Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Keenan Lewis is going to test free agency
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kethnaab

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Keenan Lewis is going to test free agency Reply with quote

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/01/steelers-cb-keenan-lewis-says-steelers-made-a-mistake-in-not-locking-him-up/

Xavier Rhodes and Jonathan Banks are now in the running at 1.17 if they're still available
at23steelers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Keenan Lewis is going to test free agency Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/01/steelers-cb-keenan-lewis-says-steelers-made-a-mistake-in-not-locking-him-up/

Xavier Rhodes and Jonathan Banks are now in the running at 1.17 if they're still available

Would you select a CB in 1st round even with Ike and Cortez on our roster? Now, if Ike goes, I agree. Or, maybe look at a CB who can play safety in the 2nd round. Read Amerson has played both positions.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been pumping up Xavier Rhodes for the pass few weeks. He's a very good cover CB with very good man to man skills. The Steelers when healthy this season have played a ton of bump and run man to man coverage.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Keenan Lewis is going to test free agency Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
kethnaab wrote:

Would you select a CB even with Ike and Cortez on our roster? Now, if Ike goes, I agree. Or, maybe look at a CB who can play safety in the 2nd round. Read Amerson has played both positions.

Amerson is a FS who doesn't belong in man coverage. He has ball skills, and I'd consider him in a later round.

Ike's 33 next season. He's coming off his first injury. No idea how he will respond physically. If he comes back, he's on contract through 2014. Since LeBeau is coming back, any CB we draft won't see the field until 2015 (or injury) forces them into the lineup since all defensive draft picks are redshirted indefinitely.
kethnaab

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
I've been pumping up Xavier Rhodes for the pass few weeks.

*fistbump*

that's my dude also
at23steelers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Keenan Lewis is going to test free agency Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
kethnaab wrote:

Would you select a CB even with Ike and Cortez on our roster? Now, if Ike goes, I agree. Or, maybe look at a CB who can play safety in the 2nd round. Read Amerson has played both positions.

Amerson is a FS who doesn't belong in man coverage. He has ball skills, and I'd consider him in a later round.

Ike's 33 next season. He's coming off his first injury. No idea how he will respond physically. If he comes back, he's on contract through 2014. Since LeBeau is coming back, any CB we draft won't see the field until 2015 (or injury) forces them into the lineup since all defensive draft picks are redshirted indefinitely.

Right, so we have Ike and Cortez for at least this year. Who do we have at OLB across from Woodley? I saw you mention maybe Harrison at ILB if we resign him? Just curious your plans. Personally, Im more nervous about safety depth behind our starters with only Allen as a viable option and maybe Golden than at CB.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Keenan Lewis is going to test free agency Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
kethnaab wrote:

Any CB taken will battle for playing time as the 3rd CB. Your nickel CB is basically a starter now with how the league has changed.

With that said you have to get a CB that plays good man to man, is quick, as good/great COD and is a strong tackler.

I haven't picked a Steelers first round pick ever and I normally get enamored with one or two players. Few years back it was Darnell Bing Embarassed , Lendale White Embarassed , Taylor Mays Embarassed well i'm seeing a trend of USC. So maybe if I change the team I'll finally get it right.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id take Banks at 17 pending there arent any capable pass rushers.

I dont see the big deal with Xavier Rhodes. Not saying he is bad, but I dont consdier him a top CB prospect.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
kethnaab

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Keenan Lewis is going to test free agency Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:

Right, so we have Ike and Cortez for at least this year. Who do we have at OLB across from Woodley? I saw you mention maybe Harrison at ILB if we resign him? Just curious your plans. Personally, Im more nervous about safety depth behind our starters with only Allen as a viable option and maybe Golden than at CB.

1. Do we have Ike and Cortez for at least this year? We might. We might not.
2. No clue what we'll do with Harrison. Next season, it'll be Jason Worilds, Adrian Robinson, or Chris Carter, regardless of who we draft this season

that said, what *I* think is irrelevant, and doesn't always match with what the Steelers end up doing.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:

I dont see the big deal with Xavier Rhodes. Not saying he is bad, but I dont consdier him a top CB prospect.

Xavier Rhodes will play aggressive towards the run and pass. I can't say the same for Johnthan Banks as he's extremely passive when it comes to making plays in the running game.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhodes is about 25 lbs heavier than Banks. Banks is long and lanky, Rhodes is a fireplug. He's built almost identically to Patrick Peterson.

He's a Steelers CB a lot more than Banks is, just because of his tackling ability. That said, if we go Banks instead of Rhodes, I wouldn't' shed a tear.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
Rhodes is about 25 lbs heavier than Banks. Banks is long and lanky, Rhodes is a fireplug. He's built almost identically to Patrick Peterson.

He's a Steelers CB a lot more than Banks is, just because of his tackling ability. That said, if we go Banks instead of Rhodes, I wouldn't' shed a tear.

I wouldn't be mad either, but we'd give up 20-30 more yards a game if he ever started.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

Xavier Rhodes will play aggressive towards the run and pass. I can't say the same for Johnthan Banks as he's extremely passive when it comes to making plays in the running game.

Banks is better in coverage and IMO, a better fit for this team.

The reason why we have sucked at corner for so long is because they focused too much on getting players that could tackle, even at the sacrifice of cover skills.

Now, I will admit that the fact that Rhodes is a better tackler may get him higher on the FO's draft board, but if it were up to me, Id take Banks.

Rhodes IMO is just Bryant McFadden with better cover skills.

FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
kethnaab wrote:

I wouldn't be mad either, but we'd give up 20-30 more yards a game if he ever started.

On the ground.

We'd give up possible more than that threw the air with Rhodes.

SteelProven

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
SteelProven wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

Banks is better in coverage and IMO, a better fit for this team.

The reason why we have sucked at corner for so long is because they focused too much on getting players that could tackle, even at the sacrifice of cover skills.

Now, I will admit that the fact that Rhodes is a better tackler may get him higher on the FO's draft board, but if it were up to me, Id take Banks.

Rhodes IMO is just Bryant McFadden with better cover skills.

I was gonna put that statement about Bryant McFadden in my post, but I thought we'd were pass that.

Bryant McFadden was on his way to being a very good CB till injuries robbed him of his abilities. Xavier Rhodes plays the same position at the same school doesn't mean he'll be the same player.

Can't shy away from a player form a past players failures.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: