You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This Week Should Tell Us a Lot

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kathouse Sticks

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: This Week Should Tell Us a Lot Reply with quote

It seems to me that this upcoming week will tell a lot about our future head coach hire. I am just making some observations based on what l have read and heard.

I believe Mr. Haslam said if the coach search took 7 days, fine, and if it took 30 days, fine. Okay, it appears we did not get the number one choice, Chip Kelly. Nick Saban's season will be over tomorrow night. I have heard he indicated he wishes to stay at Alabama. If that is not true, then the big push for him should be this week.

If not, the Browns should be using this week to research and line up legitimate, qualified candidates to interview.

When Shurmur was hired, didn't H&H say they were going to find the best coach for the Browns and the proceeded to interview what, two candidates? Perry Fewell and Pat? Come on, man .

I guess my point is, at this point, why rush? Take the time, do the research, and find the best coach. Not the best PR hire to get the fans excited. If we learned anything from the last two years, it is that this team needs a coach who knows how to coach on Sundays.

You can't tell me there aren't some hidden gems out there. Look at the past. Mike Smith. Mike Tomlin. Mike McCarthy. Shoot, just hire someone named Mike. Except with the last name Lombardi! Give me Mike Zimmer! Kidding, I think. But there was John Harbaugh, Sean Payton, and others.

I just want the best coach, and I'm not sure who it will be, but I also don't think we can just rush into the decision just to be making headlines. Leave that to the Jets.

Having said that, I wouldn't mind the Browns interviewing Greg Roman, Bruce Arians, and even Mike McCarthy. And throw Lovie Smith, Jon Gruden, and Cowher in for good measure. One name I heard was Marc Trestman, and I heard he was a finalist for a job last year, but I forget which job. I don't care, just give me a good coach, and not a Rachel Ray 30 Minute Coach.
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can probably move this to the coaching thread being used.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: