Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My favorite color: Kelly Green
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrownieTheElf wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
BrownieTheElf wrote:
Bellichick went to Florida a few years ago to check out the offense. NE didn't get it from Oregon. But yes, very similar schemes.

Umm. The Internet is littered with articles on how chip Kelly and obrien and bellichek are friends and how bellichek implemented aspects of of Kelly's offense.... Kelly even went to NE facility and did a coaching session with the NE coaching staff.

Urban Meyer and Belichick have been friends for quite some time. I believe the year after Tebow won the Heisman was the first year Belichick went down to just see the offense. The year before though when they won it all he made a visit as well just to talk to Meyer.

http://nesn.com/2010/04/bill-belichicks-relationship-with-urban-meyers-bodes-well-for-gatorsturnedpatriots/

Yes bellichek visited florida to learn aout theier offense... Keep reading other articles too... Bellichek has been asking ideas from Kelly as well. Kelly even went to NE facilities and a coaching session with NE staff, plus him and obrien have been long time friends which led to and/or aided his friendship with bellichek... Bellichek is not running Kelly's offense or Meyers, but he is smart and humble enough to take parts of other offenses and combine them into his own... Seriously, ten seconds on google and it will pull up a host of articles.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Few slight tweaks. Nothing major. Yet...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
BrownieTheElf wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
BrownieTheElf wrote:
Bellichick went to Florida a few years ago to check out the offense. NE didn't get it from Oregon. But yes, very similar schemes.

Umm. The Internet is littered with articles on how chip Kelly and obrien and bellichek are friends and how bellichek implemented aspects of of Kelly's offense.... Kelly even went to NE facility and did a coaching session with the NE coaching staff.

Urban Meyer and Belichick have been friends for quite some time. I believe the year after Tebow won the Heisman was the first year Belichick went down to just see the offense. The year before though when they won it all he made a visit as well just to talk to Meyer.

http://nesn.com/2010/04/bill-belichicks-relationship-with-urban-meyers-bodes-well-for-gatorsturnedpatriots/

Yes bellichek visited florida to learn aout theier offense... Keep reading other articles too... Bellichek has been asking ideas from Kelly as well. Kelly even went to NE facilities and a coaching session with NE staff, plus him and obrien have been long time friends which led to and/or aided his friendship with bellichek... Bellichek is not running Kelly's offense or Meyers, but he is smart and humble enough to take parts of other offenses and combine them into his own... Seriously, ten seconds on google and it will pull up a host of articles.

My argument was that he didn't get it from Oregon which he didn't. He originally saw the spread from the Gators/Meyer and has been adding to it obviously. Don't get snippy with me kid.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrownieTheElf wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
BrownieTheElf wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
BrownieTheElf wrote:

My argument was that he didn't get it from Oregon which he didn't. He originally saw the spread from the Gators/Meyer and has been adding to it obviously. Don't get snippy with me kid.

First, thanks for calling me "kid" haha, not too many do that anymore. Haha

Second, your right, he didnt get his offense from oregon. part of it was already there and part of that he helped build as he was friends with the coach before he ever came to oregon.... then when he came to oregon he continued to build it...
Kelly did NOT get his offense from Urban Meyer and Florida. He started on while coaching high school (probably earlier to be honest) and it really got going from stealing from Rich Rod... Same person Meyer picked stuff up from when he was at BG...

Bleacher report had a really nice article on this topic just a few months ago... And there are others as well online... Just have to know how to find them "pops." Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did I say Kelly got his offense from Meyer? And anytime kid. Both DKM fans.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrownieTheElf wrote:
Where did I say Kelly got his offense from Meyer? And anytime kid. Both DKM fans.

BrownieTheElf wrote:
... He originally saw the spread from the Gators/Meyer and has been adding to it...

^.

The reports are that Kelly originally saw it with rich rod at clemson in 99/00 and began implementing the spread at New Hampshire as he took the OC job. Same with Meyer who was at notre dame at the time and implemented it at BG when he started there the following year.

I can't stand rich rod, and it pisses me off that two of the top coaches learned from him. Lol.

Always nice to have another dkm fan around. I'm getting ready to paint my motorcycle... You will like it I'm sure. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
BrownieTheElf wrote:

BrownieTheElf wrote:
... He originally saw the spread from the Gators/Meyer and has been adding to it...

^.

The reports are that Kelly originally saw it with rich rod at clemson in 99/00 and began implementing the spread at New Hampshire as he took the OC job. Same with Meyer who was at notre dame at the time and implemented it at BG when he started there the following year.

I can't stand rich rod, and it pisses me off that two of the top coaches learned from him. Lol.

Always nice to have another dkm fan around. I'm getting ready to paint my motorcycle... You will like it I'm sure. Wink

I was referring to Bellichick not Kelly. I will like the bike I'm sure. Didn't like there last album though

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrownieTheElf wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
BrownieTheElf wrote:

BrownieTheElf wrote:

^.

I was referring to Bellichick not Kelly. I will like the bike I'm sure. Didn't like there last album though

Yeah, may favorite is their older stuff... But that's the way it goes haha.

I don't know where bellichek first got involved with he spread option?? You could be right on that. I do know as of late Kelly and bellichek have been playbook buddies. Haha but good coaches love to steal stuff from another so it wouldn't surprise me if Meyer and bellichek were still connected - along with other coaches too.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
BrownieTheElf wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
BrownieTheElf wrote:

BrownieTheElf wrote:

^.

I don't know where bellichek first got involved with he spread option?? You could be right on that. I do know as of late Kelly and bellichek have been playbook buddies. Haha but good coaches love to steal stuff from another so it wouldn't surprise me if Meyer and bellichek were still connected - along with other coaches too.

Blackout is probably my favorite...but Sing Loud Sing Proud is also really good.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrownieTheElf wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
BrownieTheElf wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
BrownieTheElf wrote:

BrownieTheElf wrote:

^.

Blackout is probably my favorite...but Sing Loud Sing Proud is also really good.

Yes!

I was always a big fan of mike ness and social distortion, among others. When in college working as a bouncer one of the guys I worked with was in Boston for a while and worked security for dkm.. This was back in 2001-2002 maybe? Very Happy. He brought back a Tape (haha) of them and when the bar closed we would play itwhile we cleaned and shut the place down. Ahhh. Good times. lOl. Been a fan ever since.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
BrownieTheElf wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
BrownieTheElf wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
BrownieTheElf wrote:

BrownieTheElf wrote:

^.

Yes!

I was always a big fan of mike ness and social distortion, among others. When in college working as a bouncer one of the guys I worked with was in Boston for a while and worked security for dkm.. This was back in 2001-2002 maybe? Very Happy. He brought back a Tape (haha) of them and when the bar closed we would play itwhile we cleaned and shut the place down. Ahhh. Good times. lOl. Been a fan ever since.

Saw them in...2003 and in 2007. Good shows. 2003 I made their website and after the 2007 show I was walking back to my buddies car and we met Ken Casey.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrownieTheElf wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
BrownieTheElf wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
BrownieTheElf wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
BrownieTheElf wrote:

BrownieTheElf wrote:

^.

Yes!

Saw them in...2003 and in 2007. Good shows. 2003 I made their website and after the 2007 show I was walking back to my buddies car and we met Ken Casey.

Ah very cool. I'm jealous!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Clevelend. I am very interested in what Chip Kelly could or could not do for your team, as I was reading this I saw Darron Thomas from Oregon and I looked him up some more and it shows he was undrafted and now in the CFL. But when I look at his stats from college, his size, injury reports, I don't see anything that would hold him back. Would you guys know why he was undrafted and on stats alone, and a few other things, I think he would be your best option at QB other than NFL draft if I am looking at the list of QBs you want.

Now that I think of it, you guys don't have any interest in Alex Smith? He is a Quarterback that runs sort of.

In my opinion I think you should take someone like Alex Smith or David Garrard for a few years, then get Marcus Mariota or even Johnny Manziel when they come out.

I look forward to what Chip Kelly plans on doing with your team.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tehzl wrote:
Hey Clevelend. I am very interested in what Chip Kelly could or could not do for your team, as I was reading this I saw Darron Thomas from Oregon and I looked him up some more and it shows he was undrafted and now in the CFL. But when I look at his stats from college, his size, injury reports, I don't see anything that would hold him back. Would you guys know why he was undrafted and on stats alone, and a few other things, I think he would be your best option at QB other than NFL draft if I am looking at the list of QBs you want.

Now that I think of it, you guys don't have any interest in Alex Smith? He is a Quarterback that runs sort of.

In my opinion I think you should take someone like Alex Smith or David Garrard for a few years, then get Marcus Mariota or even Johnny Manziel when they come out.

Character concerns was one issue... Him declaring too early was another... I honestly don't know why else he could not get a sniff given his success and skill. I honestly think chip brings him in and at least looks at him.... He would definitely be my "dark horse" choice.

Smith is a possible option, but I don't see him as the best fit. First the cost to get him.... And if investing those resources he would be a longer term option, but I don't think he best fits what Kelly wants long term...

Miarrota, Manziel, etc would be great... The tricky part is how to get to that point...

Smile. Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Tehzl wrote:

Character concerns was one issue... Him declaring too early was another... I honestly don't know why else he could not get a sniff given his success and skill. I honestly think chip brings him in and at least looks at him.... He would definitely be my "dark horse" choice.

Smith is a possible option, but I don't see him as the best fit. First the cost to get him.... And if investing those resources he would be a longer term option, but I don't think he best fits what Kelly wants long term...

Miarrota, Manziel, etc would be great... The tricky part is how to get to that point...

Smile. Thanks!

Just looking at stats again. Your next Quarterback might be in your backyard. Thaddeus Lewis didn't play too bad for his first start against the Steelers. You guys have a lot of options at QB. I am not even a Cleveland fan but I really am anxious to see what Chip Kelly can do for your offense and if he succeeds.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: