Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My favorite color: Kelly Green
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: My favorite color: Kelly Green Reply with quote

Seriously, Kelly Green my favorite color along with black... See my avatar and sig? Haha. I'm currently cutting and repainting my motorcycle this same color scheme. Very Happy

Staff
Owner: Haslam
CEO: Banner
GM: Anthony Patch
HC/OC: Coach: Chip Kelly
DC: D!ck Jauron ! Just makes too much sense to keep him.

Free Agency
Resign our players, and let them battle it out in camp. Why make more holes than needed?

DE: Michael Johnson
CB: Keenan Lewis
FS: Jarius Byrd - former oregon player leaves Bills amidst thier coaching/gm change to rejoin his college coach.

OL: Geoff Schwartz - connection to his brother, and connection to Kelly. Played in zbs before and can compete at both OG positions and back up OT as well.

QB hunt to run Kelly's offense... The real tricky part.
- first, you don't hire the top offensive coach in football today and tell him he can only bring half his play book. He will implement his entire offense and that means a QB change. now the search options...
Dennis Dixon - former duck, currenlty with the ravens ps, and prior steeler. Des he still have the physical skills? Or would he best be the back up...
Tyrod Taylor - is currently the back up in BAL, would have to trade for him... but has skills... Thanks DawgPound on bringing him to my attention.
Michael Vick - has ALL the skills, but what is wrong between the ears?
Tim Tebow - power option, but doesn't have the skills in his arm needed for full time QB.
Jeremiah Masoli - former Oregon qb signed as udfa by the 49ers and then waived at the final cuts, signed with the ufl and then left, now in the CFL...
Darron Thomas - left Oregon a year early and no nfl team picked him up... Extreme college success was 2-0 against luck, 2-0 against foles, outplayed newton in the national championship game and outplayed russel Wilson in the rose bowl... Kelly loved him, but he couldn't get a shot in the nfl.
???. There are some later round possibilities in the draft as well... Manuel, Boyd, Klein, etc. I wouldn't Object to any of these guys as a developmental QB.

Trade
Brandon Weeden to the Chiefs for a conditional 2014 pick. It is being reported that Heckert may very well head to KC with Reid... Cassel, Quinn, and stanzi could be the worst qb group in the nfl. This trade gives KC Weeden, a still developing QB with starting experience, while costing them very little up front and immediately bolsters the offense. while also allowing KC the flexibility to draft geno and start him, sit him, compete for the spot, or even draft someone else, or maybe even trade the pick....

Draft
*Browns trade down with the Bengals(!) from the top 10 to about 20 and pick up the bengals early 2nd round pick they received from the raiders, and an undisclosed future pick... Bengals draft the top DE on their board, and the browns get the best offensive weapon in this draft. While many don't like trading within the division this trade benefits both teams.

1st: WR, Tavon Austin, West Virginia
2nd: DE, Brandon Jenkins, Florida State
3rd: TE, Travis Kelce, Cincinnati
4th: OL, Kyle Long, Oregon
*Browns trade their 5th, 6th, and 7th to move back into the 4th...
4th: RB, Kenjon Barner, Oregon
7th: K/P, Quinn Sharp

camp primary Roster
QB, see above....
RB, Richardson, Hardesty, Barner
FB, smelley, Marecic, Smith
TE, Watson, Kelce, Cameron
WR, Gordon, Little, Austin, Benjamin, Massaquoi, Cribbs, Cooper
OT, Thomas
OG, Long, Greco, Pinkston (good camp battle here)
C, Mack
OG, Lauvao Schwartz
OT, Schwartz, Miller

DE, Johnson, Jenkins
DT, Rubin, Hughes
DT, Taylor, Winn
DE, Sheard, Rucker
LB, Gocong, Robertson
LB, Jackson, Fort
LB, JMJ, Maivia, Acho
CB, Haden, Lewis, Skrine, Bademosi, Wade
SS, Ward, Gipson
FS, Byrd, Young

K, Dawson
P, Sharp
R, Cribbs

2014/15 draft: Mariotta? Miller? Manzeil?

Last edited by Dropkick_pride on Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:31 pm; edited 12 times in total
buno67

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we dont need a mobile QB to run Kellys Offense. Bill Belichick went to Oregon and got a lot of ideas from Kelly. With those Ideas Bill Belichick fielded the fastest and most dangerous team on the field and he did with without having a mobile QB, speedster WRs, and etc

I think Weeden could do some of things Brady did but not well because Brady is just that damn good. We could see Weeden speeding more time in the shotgun. Have Weeden make quicker reads and quicker decisions, which he could do because from the gun he can read the defenses pre snap better.

I dont see the Browns bring in every QB who runs a sub 4.5 40. When Kelly had QBs who can pass, his QBs threw more than running the ball.

I would have to invest a first rd pick at WR when we already have some good young talent there with Little, Gordon, and Benji. I rather use the pick on defense to get a back corner safety LB or DE.

Also the Cards would not trade for Weeden IMO. If Reid and Heckert go to Arizona they have their former QB in Kolb. Someone Herket scouted and liked and someone Andy nows how to use and coach

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love Chip, love keeping jauron, love your FAs except Johnson don't think he's as good as the money he'll be asking. Hate Marecic at FB please god no more. Hate trading in division. Hate trading weeden rather keep him for another year and see what he does or at least let him battle it out a little competition never hurt anyone. I really hope we trade down but not for offense. We need to finish off the defense with our first pick.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bosko1616 wrote:
Love Chip, love keeping jauron, love your FAs except Johnson don't think he's as good as the money he'll be asking. Hate Marecic at FB please god no more. Hate trading in division. Hate trading weeden rather keep him for another year and see what he does or at least let him battle it out a little competition never hurt anyone. I really hope we trade down but not for offense. We need to finish off the defense with our first pick.

Other notable DE options besides Johnson: osi, barwin.... Basically it would be who Jauron pushes for and banners signs off on. Take your pick really.

Marecic is on the roster and will have to win the FB spot if he wants it, which is better than previously... Looks like forgot to add smelley to that list, I will update it.

Weeden can't run the read-option, he said so himself. Move him and now get as much as you can for him. It would be best for everyone.

Kelly's priority is offense. The worst unit on the browns is offense. Expect it to be addressed quickly and heavily.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
we dont need a mobile QB to run Kellys Offense. Bill Belichick went to Oregon and got a lot of ideas from Kelly. With those Ideas Bill Belichick fielded the fastest and most dangerous team on the field and he did with without having a mobile QB, speedster WRs, and etc

I think Weeden could do some of things Brady did but not well because Brady is just that damn good. We could see Weeden speeding more time in the shotgun. Have Weeden make quicker reads and quicker decisions, which he could do because from the gun he can read the defenses pre snap better.

I dont see the Browns bring in every QB who runs a sub 4.5 40. When Kelly had QBs who can pass, his QBs threw more than running the ball.

I would have to invest a first rd pick at WR when we already have some good young talent there with Little, Gordon, and Benji. I rather use the pick on defense to get a back corner safety LB or DE.

Also the Cards would not trade for Weeden IMO. If Reid and Heckert go to Arizona they have their former QB in Kolb. Someone Herket scouted and liked and someone Andy nows how to use and coach

Bellichek took PART of Kelly's offense and made it with his own - which was already the best in the NFL by most opinions. Bellicheat is NOT running Kelly's offense...

Having weeden as the starter wipes out a decent portion of Kelly's offense. You don't hire the best offensive coach in the country and tell him to only to bring half his play book.... Kelly recruited running QBs... Not pocket passers. New coach, new scheme, new QB... Nothing new here.

WR in the 1st... Kelly is offense first, and the browns offense is bad. You are looking at the WR situation from your perspective and from a typical nfl offense perspective... The worst unit on the browns is the offense and that is what Kelly is here to fix. Austin the most explosive offensive weapon in this draft, and if i could find another top weapon i would add him too! Watch for it,

Ari has had terrible QB play, tried to bring in new qbs last year, and will try again this year. they bring in weeden to hedge their bets with kolb... Heckert liked kolb and he liked weeden. Reid can't fail due to allay again... Weeden costs them very very little, and gives them better options. It's the most realistic landing point I can see for him that actually helps weeden!

Last edited by Dropkick_pride on Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
TypicalBrowns10

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Poyer is on the roster.... Laughing
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TypicalBrowns10 wrote:
So Poyer is on the roster.... Laughing

Oops. Thanks. Smile. I like poyer but decided to use FA for CB, and bring in a more explosive pass rusher.

And fixed.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

Keep Weeden and have him start next year. He did not suck completely and deserves another year. Trade McCoy for a late round and keep Lewis as backup.

that is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

Mastercheddaar wrote:
Keep Weeden and have him start next year. He did not suck completely and deserves another year. Trade McCoy for a late round and keep Lewis as backup.

that is all

Mastercheddaar

I agree that is the more conservative, safer approach... But

1 those QBs lead the team to yet another losing season... QBs that were hand picked to the offense we had in place...

2 all of Kelly's QBs were mobile, he recruited them, that is what he wanted, and its an important part that makes his offense so dynamic - ie look at the change in the skins and panthers offense when rg3 and cam came into them.

The Browns can't score.... Kelly is all about scoring.... I see a big change coming on offense and the bigger the better IMO.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait til Chip gets Lurie to have us back in Kelly Green next year Razz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chip Kelly is not going to run the Zone Read Option. IT won't work. Basically Kelly's offense in the NFL is NE. They took the terminology and the scheme behind it. Fast offense where you run a ton of plays.

That is the basis of the offense. How you read the defense is where the zone option comes in.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:
Chip Kelly is not going to run the Zone Read Option. IT won't work. Basically Kelly's offense in the NFL is NE. They took the terminology and the scheme behind it. Fast offense where you run a ton of plays.

That is the basis of the offense. How you read the defense is where the zone option comes in.

So the best offensive coach in the country who is one of the most sought after coaches for the nfl runs an offense that won't irk in the nfl...

Wow, you must hate this hire....

(Bellichek took aspects of kellys offense and combined it with his own. NE is NOT running Kelly's offense)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bellichick went to Florida a few years ago to check out the offense. NE didn't get it from Oregon. But yes, very similar schemes.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrownieTheElf wrote:
Bellichick went to Florida a few years ago to check out the offense. NE didn't get it from Oregon. But yes, very similar schemes.

Umm. The Internet is littered with articles on how chip Kelly and obrien and bellichek are friends and how bellichek implemented aspects of of Kelly's offense.... Kelly even went to NE facility and did a coaching session with the NE coaching staff.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
BrownieTheElf wrote:

Umm. The Internet is littered with articles on how chip Kelly and obrien and bellichek are friends and how bellichek implemented aspects of of Kelly's offense.... Kelly even went to NE facility and did a coaching session with the NE coaching staff.

Urban Meyer and Belichick have been friends for quite some time. I believe the year after Tebow won the Heisman was the first year Belichick went down to just see the offense. The year before though when they won it all he made a visit as well just to talk to Meyer.

http://nesn.com/2010/04/bill-belichicks-relationship-with-urban-meyers-bodes-well-for-gatorsturnedpatriots/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: