Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My Response to Khodder's Offseason
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: My Response to Khodder's Offseason Reply with quote

Cut:
Adam Snyder
Levi Brown
Early Doucet
Jeff King
Stewart Bradley

Restructure:
Kevin Kolb

Extend:
Kerry Rhodes

Resign:
Quentin Groves
Greg Toler
Rashad Johnson
Brian Hoyer
Nick Eason
Larod Stephens-Howling

Draft:
Round 1: Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
Round 2: Kevin Minter, ILB, LSU
Round 3: Corey Lemoiner, DE/OLB, Auburn
Round 4: Gavin Escobar, TE, San Diego State
Round 5: Josh Evans, S, Florida
Round 6: Tyrann Mathieu, CB, EX-LSU
Round 7: Stephon Jefferson, RB, Nevada

This might be the 1st mock that i dont take a QB, but I'm happy with Kolb if healthy and I liked what i saw from Hoyer. Maybe go Lindley as 3rd string (ugh) or maybe sign a free agent (maybe Moore or Stanton). This also might be the 1st time I didn't mock an OT, but i think Potter can be successful as long as he works hard at it. A new oline coach will help too.
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Few notes:

1. We cut Snyder but keep Colledge, I take it he's going to RG?
2. I'm not sure I like re-signing Groves AND taking a 3-4 OLB that early, round 3. There are only so many snaps to go around. 4 is a bit of a crowd. I'd think we migt have to choose between the 2, either Groves or a rookie.
3. Love the Minter pick. LSU coaches reportedly begged him to stay another year because of his work ethic and leadership. He's got the film to back those intangibles up as well. I really like that pick. Since you don't have Lenon coming back, he could push Reggie Walker to start sooner rather than later.
4. Escobar's not much of a blocker from what I read, though I've never really seen him play. If that's true, I don't see the fit.
5. Jefferson's a pretty sly pick. He's not that bad, for anyone who's ever seen Nevada play. That could be a pick in a year or two that people praise.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ew, cutting Bradley and no re-signing Lenon makes us awfully thin inside, even with Minter in the draft. Might have to try and sign a FA vet or bring Lenon back for something reasonable.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work

This could happen

Like picks in rounds 2 and 3, though reckon they should be swapped rounds, small change though

Swap Escobar with sims in 4th, sims is as lightly better blocker and bigger in size

Rest are ok with me
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be okay with it. Hopefully Kelemete could beat out Colledge.

Check that -

We save more cutting Colledge over Snyder. I know DC is technically our best OL (which means very little) but we could release him and keep Snyder as the primary backup G/C saving more $...

Potter-----Warmack-----Sendlein-----Kelemete-----Massie

(Snyder/Batiste backing up)

The Rebuild Has Begun...

Last edited by DirtyDez on Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total
DDOCKETT90

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should do like khodder and show the picks before ours

matthouston91 made it!
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Few notes:

2. I'm not sure I like re-signing Groves AND taking a 3-4 OLB that early, round 3. There are only so many snaps to go around. 4 is a bit of a crowd. I'd think we migt have to choose between the 2, either Groves or a rookie.
3. Love the Minter pick. LSU coaches reportedly begged him to stay another year because of his work ethic and leadership. He's got the film to back those intangibles up as well. I really like that pick. Since you don't have Lenon coming back, he could push Reggie Walker to start sooner rather than later.
4. Escobar's not much of a blocker from what I read, though I've never really seen him play. If that's true, I don't see the fit.
5. Jefferson's a pretty sly pick. He's not that bad, for anyone who's ever seen Nevada play. That could be a pick in a year or two that people praise.

1. I'd consider moving Warmack to RG but Colledge at RG could work too.
2. I would keep Groves because for the 1st time in his career he has fit into a scheme and he has progressed. It doesnt hurt as insurance.
3. Minter could definitely command a defense.
4. Escobar provides another target for Kolb. The upside is huge and from what i've seen he's a good blocker who is still improving. I've really only payed attention to his receiving skills which are great (catch radius, separation, YAC)
5. After the success teams had drafting RB's late last year, I thought it would wise to follow. Jefferson could be next years Alfred Morris. He's very under the radar.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is room for a rookie olb, especially if we can get a good one early

Also acho and obs haven't really excelled

Love Groves for his backup play and special teams play, plus he will be cheap
iRobot

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
There is room for a rookie olb, especially if we can get a good one early

Also acho and obs haven't really excelled

Love Groves for his backup play and special teams play, plus he will be cheap

Scho seemed to be progressing but his injuries hamper further proof of said progressions. 4 sacks in 9 games.. not great but would of been higher than Acho likely.

Acho just seemed to get stopped this season, which was concerning. 4 sacks and constantly losing backside contain..
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hence an upgrade or two cannot be ignored
iRobot

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
Hence an upgrade or two cannot be ignored

Oh, I am not arguing at all. I think an upgrade needs to be found but depends on our cap situation and whats deals we can work. I don't know if a rook is gonna come in a blow the doors off per say.. it's not common but does happen.

If Joeckel, Wilson, or Warmack aren't available with our 1st round pick, I'm actually growing more and more on Mingo. He has some flaws but his speed cannot be ignored nor his tenacity to get to the QB (which can get him in trouble sometimes). He can be coached up but his athletic ability cannot be denied nor his ability to diagnose plays.. he shows smart reads more often than not. (He does get burned sometimes by aggression)
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
Few notes:

1. I'd consider moving Warmack to RG but Colledge at RG could work too.
2. I would keep Groves because for the 1st time in his career he has fit into a scheme and he has progressed. It doesnt hurt as insurance.
3. Minter could definitely command a defense.
4. Escobar provides another target for Kolb. The upside is huge and from what i've seen he's a good blocker who is still improving. I've really only payed attention to his receiving skills which are great (catch radius, separation, YAC)
5. After the success teams had drafting RB's late last year, I thought it would wise to follow. Jefferson could be next years Alfred Morris. He's very under the radar.

2. Ya it makes sense that you want to keep Groves but adding another high round OLB to that doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me because, as stated, there are only so many snaps to go around. One of these guys who only be getting 5-6 spot snaps a game, which doesn't really us whereas the money we spend on Groves or the 3rd round pick could help us. It's simply too crowded, IMO.
4. Larry, Andre, Floyd, Housler. Kolb doesn't need another target, he's got plenty. Escobar doesn't make sense to me.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Escobar can make sense to me if they don't bring back King (as per his opening scenario).

Also, keep in mind that Dray and King are FAs after 2013, RFA and UFA respectively.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRobot wrote:
Escobar can make sense to me if they don't bring back King (as per his opening scenario).

Also, keep in mind that Dray and King are FAs after 2013, RFA and UFA respectively.

King's a blocking tight end though. He catches 15-20 passes a year, tops. That's not Escobar's game.

I'm not against taking a TE, I'm against taking Escobar. A pass catching TE/another receiving weapon is the least of our problems.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think NE is so effective on offense (excluding Brady) because of their 2 TE sets, which provides match-up problems.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: