Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Offseason Plan
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PacAttack04 wrote:
One thing looking at this mock, do you think that Reid is going to be happy with the RBs on the team right now? From what I can tell, the RB has always been an intergral part of Reids offense. Not necessarily running the ball, but in the passing game. LeSean McCoy has always had around 50 receptions, Westbrook was always a threat in the passing game, etc. Reid to me has always liked those quick hit screens in the passing game, so do you think he looks to add a 3rd down/starter type back, one that excels in blitz pickup, as a receiver, etc.

I was thinking about one of the Packers targets, Reggie Bush, and when I heard that Reid is the rumored future coach of the Cardinals, I thought Bush would be a perfect fit for his offense in the Westbrook/McCoy role. Yes, Reid has abandoned the run game from time, but he still always seems to utilize RBs in that aspect. Even a Felix Jones, someone who Reid has seen a lot in his career, is someone I could see the Cardinals going after. But right now, Ryan Williams has never really been the receiving type back that Reid loves to use, dating back to college. Add in the injury history and the fact that while Whisenhunt seemed to love him, Reid wont have any loyalty to him, do any of you seem RB as a need for Reids offense?

Ryan Williams can hold his own in the passing game and LSH is definitely a receiving threat
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does make me wonder how Chris Ivory would fit in, Reid doesn't really use that kind of back but AZP's right, Williams and LSH are both fully functional receiving threats who would fit what Reid wants to do offensively. Gotta get LSH signed though.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
Barrett Jones isn't making it to our 2nd pick. I'd take Warmack at #7 then use our 2nd & 3rd to move into the late 1st to grab Jones. RUN THE BALL.

There's a good chance Jones does fall to our pick. We pick #38 in the 2nd. This is a very top heavy oline class: Joeckel, Matthews, Lewan, Fisher, Warmack, Cooper, etc.

Standout centers usually go in the mid-late 1st round. Maybe we could pair 2/4 instead of 2/3 but he's not dropping to #38 IMO.

Bolded: While true, how many teams in this year's draft that pick in the mid-late 1st round need centers? Baltimore maybe, that's all I see.

Pats

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: