Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ray Lewis retiring at end of this season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DougE14

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna be sad to see Ray go! He is my favorite football player ever and one of of my favorite athletes in general.

Here's to hoping we find his replacement in the draft this year. (Manti Teo)

Also, I hope he stays around the game. I know he wants to watch his son play football, but I'm hoping one day he becomes a defensive coordinator or commentator or something similar.
drd23

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad

Now I'm regretting not taking that holiday to America in 2012 to see the Ravens play live.

Here's hoping we send him out in style with another SB ring

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
bmore4life815

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It gives me chills just thinking about the reception Ray's going to get once "Hot in Here" starts playing as he makes his way out of the tunnel.

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere
GridironWarrior

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelers fan here and I gotta say I enjoyed watching Ray, even when he terrorized us. One of the greatest player (not just defensive) of all time. Sundays won't be the same without him.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've expected this for quite some time... it does however make my mock draft's prediction that Lewis would retire... less, prediction like... and much more factual. But yeah, this made complete sense for this to be his last season with the team... I've already gotten my emotional feelings out... that happened after he injured his triceps and was done for the rest of the regular season. With each week, I just allowed myself to "settle down" more and more.

I think the hardest part won't be knowing he won't be back next season... because I already knew it with 98% certainty... but the hardest part will be seeing the clock tick to zero and knowing... Ray Lewis is gone... An era just passed. I will no longer be 13 and seeing this guy absolutely destroy running backs on our way to a Super Bowl.. and thinking, I want to play football like that man (when I previously had no interest in the sport). It'll be even harder trying to explain to people in the future.. just how great Ray Lewis was at ILB... and it'll be even harder realizing that he had his final season removed from him for long such a long stretch due to an injury... (he could've potentially made another probowl)... but then I'll think of it as destiny... as he lifts the Lombardi trophy into the air, I'll think... just think, a new rule voted into the NFL THIS YEAR, IR designated for return, allowed Ray Lewis to return to play in the playoffs for his final season... when any other year- this wouldn't have been possible... any other year he would've had to retire knowing his final season was wasted... but this season, he got a chance to return and inspire the team towards something that was quite possibly greater than their talent level could've had one to imagine at certain points in the season.

... and the absolute worst part will be if the above doesn't happen and the clock ticking to zero just means an end to an era.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love for you guys to get the ring this year for him.
Nucky

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

I never wished this day would come.

I never got the chance to see Ray Lewis or the Ravens play in person but I was fortunate enough to meet him in 97. I was a little kid and terrified out of my mind of him no joke lol ! Little did I know I was talking to the greatest linebacker to ever play the game and without a doubt the greatest leader of men I have EVER witnessed.

It is going to be extremely weird without him. But I know Ray is at peace with his decision and will be the last person to do the Brett Favre. All 17 years of his career made my childhood. This no doubt will be different.

If he was going to tell this to the world. Today was a perfect time as this team seems to have lost that emotion imo. But now, hell, we gotta send Ray home right ! LETS GET THIS RING.

TO GENERAL 52 ! SALUTE !!!
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In honor of Ray... I made these, if anyone would like to join me in wearing the Ray sig... I don't mind, no credit necessary. The original piece at the bottom probably needs a few more touches before its finished, but it's mostly there.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badass DB.

Ima leave mine here so I don't gotta dig up the Joe Cool thread later.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I'll leave mine here for the time being as well. Awesome stuff, DB.

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
In honor of Ray... I made these, if anyone would like to join me in wearing the Ray sig... I don't mind, no credit necessary. The original piece at the bottom probably needs a few more touches before its finished, but it's mostly there.

Nice... I'm in. Cool
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in too!

BareYourTeeth

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray Lewis Retirement Tour...first stop, Baltimore.

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012
RAVINGMADD

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:

I like it. I finally have a sig. I've been meaning to make one for years, but my last computer broke and I haven't had photoshop for a while.

All I gotta say about Ray retiring is that we better win Sunday. I've figured this was gonna happen since he was injured. It's a nice move to hopefully motivate this team to at least another AFC championship game. With Ray retiring, if we can't get motivated enough to at least beat the Colts at home, there's no hope for this team. Everyone better be ready to play and make sure that Ray's last home game is a win.

Not a fan of him going to ESPN because I definitely prefer NFL network, but I'm definitely going to try to watch whatever he is on. He'll definitely make it entertaining.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm game. Leaving mine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: